PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know the best way to..

Elleyena
November 30th, 2011, 07:05 AM
return my hair from black to brown quickly?

Situation:

A couple of months ago I had to dye my hair purple for a convention. To do this I:

1. used manic panic bleach kit to bring my hennaed hair blonde
2. waited a week then dyed hair purple with manic panic
3. dyed again the next morning because I didn't leave it in long enough the first time
4. dyed hair with black box dye because I couldn't have crazy colors at that job.
5. used morocco method black hendigo mix to fix the black about 3 weeks later as the box dye didn't get everything and my roots were starting to show. Honestly this did nothing to fix my roots and also didn't cover the purple streak that I was trying to get rid of.
I conditioned my hair like crazy during all of this, especially during the bleach stage.

I can't keep up this black hair, and I am unable to just grow it out as duo-tone won't go over well at work, nor with my family (I already receive enough hell with my hair as is).

I don't want to cut my hair off and start over because I've taken so long to get to where I am now, and I really don't look attractive at all with a pixie cut. :(

The only way I can think to do it is to bleach my hair and then color over it with a shade close to my natural color. Alternatively, I can bleach my hair, be blond for a bit to let my hair rest, and then dye it when my roots grow out again.

Does anyone else have any other ideas? :confused:

kitcatsmeow
November 30th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Hey girl if it was black box dye I'd say color oopse or color fix but I've heard hendigo is horrible to try and get out of hair. Hope someone else has a better answer though!

Mairéad
November 30th, 2011, 07:28 AM
I've had a lot of success removing henna with Color Oops. I have the process in my most recent blog. Another member with the user name Jojo originally did it with success. I've been able to remove my henna and she removed her henndigo.

That being said, you have a lot of processes going on and I don't know how effective it will be or what kind of color would get reveled, definitely not your natural if you bleached. I'd imagine using the Color Oops/Color B4 method would at least lift enough of that you could put a box dye similar to your natural on there. That would depend if your natural brown is light or dark. It would be far less damaging than bleaching.

Avital88
November 30th, 2011, 07:36 AM
return my hair from black to brown quickly?

Hi, i was a bit in the same boat, my hair was black too this summer, now itsa darker brown..
I dont recommend bleaching it more, the damage will be huge, what i did was putting Lush caca noir on my roots and glosses on the length, the noir never comes out totally black but dark enough to not have terrible 2 toned hair.
To me this is the only option if you want to keep your hair in a good shape.
good luck

Elleyena
November 30th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Hmm thanks for the tips! I hadn't heard of color oops, I'll give that a try. I figured I'd end up needing to use box dye to get back to the correct color, and as long as I can match it that should be fine. I just really don't want to keep the black anymore.

I don't know if the Hendigo will actually make a difference because it didn't seem to do anything to my hair at all, it seemed like it just glossed.

Kiwiwi
November 30th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Maybe keep dying it lighter and lighter until it just matches your natural hair colour?

What I mean is. Now it's black. Then you dye your new growth very dark brown. That after a few weeks you dye your new growth a bit lighter dark brown, etc, etc.
You'd probably get a bit of a gradient effect, I think..

I do not suggest bleaching it again. It can very likely just kill your hair within a few months (severe tapering/breakage)

I hope it works out!

WaterMusic
November 30th, 2011, 05:07 PM
I keep wanting to try a henna gloss, but threads like this make me really wary. I have completely virgin hair almost to waist. Do I really want to mess with it?

Good luck OP, maybe give Color Oops a try?

slz
November 30th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Just so you know : indigo + bleach = green. It is considered permanent.

ETA - @below :

I would also say try color oops... I took my hair from dyed black to light blonde using two rounds of color oops. So you should be able to get to brownish-dirty-swampish-green with no problem.
Fixed :D .

AmberLouise
November 30th, 2011, 05:14 PM
I would also say try color oops... I took my hair from dyed black to light blonde using two rounds of color oops. So you should be able to get to brown with no problem.

Anje
November 30th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Now that you have indigo on it, you might be stuck. Like slz said, indigo + bleach = green.

From this point on, I suggest you do strand tests before applying any colors or strippers to your hair, period. If you're going to get green results, you sure want to catch them in a test strand before it happens on your head.