PDA

View Full Version : Creepy-crawly scalp

PinkyCat
November 29th, 2011, 12:12 PM
OK weird question:

Creepy-crawly feeling scalp = hair growing??

Yeah it sounds silly. And yes, we just had to bomb the house because of a flea infestation - but I refuse to believe there are fleas that live in my hair that survive the shower every morning. shudder: Please tell me I'm feeling my hair growing out of my head...

Amber_Maiden
November 29th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I think it might be in your head, not on your head... :p

jacqueline101
November 29th, 2011, 12:39 PM
It could be some chemical reaction making your skin feel dry and itchy when you scratch it feels crawly.

Madora
November 29th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I have no clue. Perhaps if you tried scalp massage that would get rid of the creepy crawly sensation?

katsrevenge
November 29th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Do you have eczema/psoriasis or other scalp stuff like dandruff?

I've a bit of the first two and mine does that if I don't take care of it. I'm also apparently a bit sensitive to sulfates (no itches at all if I skip them) so there is that to think about too.. maybe you are sensitive too?

Fairy tale
November 29th, 2011, 12:54 PM
When I tried using monistat I felt like a pounding sensation. As if I could feel the blood circulation increasing in my scalp it didn't last very long though.

PinkyCat
November 29th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Hmmm. Nope - no dandruff or dry scalp, I don't use sulfates at all. Its time to dye this week - maybe I'll feel better after that?

julliams
November 29th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I can totally understand what you mean. I used to have this "feeling" that I would swear was my hair growing. It's like when your waxed legs are growing through and it itches? I don't notice it anymore so I think it was when I was very fixated on my hair growing - almost wishing it to grow. I would have that sensation and think "that feels like it's growing". It's really weird, I know.

MungoMania
November 29th, 2011, 02:34 PM
I get a special feeling I associate with my hair growing, but it's more of a pleasant tingly sensation than a creepy crawly feeling.

longhairedlady
November 29th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I would think if it was fleas, it would not be creepy crawly feeling, but an intense scratch till you bleed feeling!

summergreen
November 30th, 2011, 05:17 AM
I had this summer before last, for about 6 weeks was convinced I had nits or something like (the feeling would move about to different parts of my head) but thorough use of nit comb and head checks by friends (very close friends!) showed nothing. It eventually stopped when I stopped eating the wild strawberries from my garden, which I was having on my cereal every day! Checked it out last summer by eating just a couple and yep, the itchy crawly feeling came back for a couple of days. Sooo, have you been eating anything different, could it be a food intolerance?

Avital88
November 30th, 2011, 05:35 AM
hahaha i have the same thing!! i swear i feel my hair growing! somedays its really bad and i have to pull my hair all day to help it grow hehe or at least get rid of the feeling,scalp massaging helps too for me.

PinkyCat
November 30th, 2011, 08:28 AM
I had this summer before last, for about 6 weeks was convinced I had nits or something like (the feeling would move about to different parts of my head) but thorough use of nit comb and head checks by friends (very close friends!) showed nothing. It eventually stopped when I stopped eating the wild strawberries from my garden, which I was having on my cereal every day! Checked it out last summer by eating just a couple and yep, the itchy crawly feeling came back for a couple of days. Sooo, have you been eating anything different, could it be a food intolerance?

Interesting! I'm a vegetarian that eats cheese. I'll have to pay attention to what I eat the night before I get the crawlies. I've been eating a ton of tofu lately - I wonder...:hmm: