PDA

View Full Version : The Beard Hair Chart

LittleOrca
November 28th, 2011, 11:51 PM
A friend of mine posted this on Facebook and I thought it was hilarious.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/376386_914039680250_25903958_41825064_1190292527_n .jpg

I wonder if this also works with long hair on the top of the head.... :D

kamikaze hair
November 29th, 2011, 12:09 AM
LOL!!! love that!!! If i was a guy that would have inspired me to try and reach "Wizard" length! :D

Pierre
November 29th, 2011, 03:38 AM
My beard isn't shaped like that, but it's past my belly button (there's a pic in the Berkeley meet). Still not long enough. I'd like to be able to bring it up above my ears and start a braid there and not run out of beard first.

Lissandria
November 29th, 2011, 03:50 AM
I love this. My dad has a beard that is somewhere between wise and crazy. ill have to show him he will laugh.

julliams
November 29th, 2011, 04:12 AM
There's one like this about ponytails. So funny.

QueenOfTheSkye
November 29th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Now that's kind of weird, because my grandpa is somewhere between 'crazy' and 'wise.' Maybe that means that, judging by the beard chart, he is both crazy and wise?

WaitingSoLong
November 29th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Tha gave me a good chuckle! I want to see the ponytail one!?

Cjatje
November 29th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Tha gave me a good chuckle! I want to see the ponytail one!?

Wss, mine is still quite short but hey, it's growing:D

Alaia
November 29th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Awesome. :lol:

What would the equivalent female hair-on-head (or male for that matter) length be? Hmm..

ArienEllariel
November 29th, 2011, 05:52 AM
LOL I love this. :D *saves pic*

Amber_Maiden
November 29th, 2011, 06:31 AM
haha! My husband is between cool and wise :)

Kiwiwi
November 29th, 2011, 08:07 AM
I've seen another one that was better, but it's something like this:

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx350/KiwisHouse/ponytail-intelligence.jpg

:D

Shuan
November 29th, 2011, 10:53 AM
I'm theoretical zero point, well only at home during times I'm bored to death. :p

I wish I could grow a beard, but I did not get the grow-a-good-beard gene. I guess I'm a bit jealous of my dad and brother. I'd have liked having a wizard's beard along with ankle length hair.

Narya
November 29th, 2011, 11:40 AM
:lol: Those charts are great! :lol:

Hmm... So it seems I should be happy that my hair absolutely refuses to be put up anywhere higher than high nape... :D :lol:

LocustSpawning
November 29th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Hahahaa!! I posted this on my boyfriends facebook. He's almost at 'wise' now... I told him I'd leave him if he doesn't get to 'wizard' by next year...

furnival
November 29th, 2011, 12:43 PM
I reckon they've missed one out on the ponytail chart: the magnificent under-the-chin BEARD ponytail! And I'm proud to announce that mine is at 'wise' length :p

Hairwish
November 29th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Here's a slightly more accurate chart heh :P
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ehgEICJrPKE/TkFAfjDmfTI/AAAAAAAABhg/wcbDDh_rJ1Y/s1600/beardly_ruler_t_shirt_fixed_sm.jpg

PinkyCat
November 29th, 2011, 01:15 PM

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx350/KiwisHouse/ponytail-intelligence.jpg

What about the side-pony like Deb from Napoleon Dynamite?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bbWeVWqLZfg/S4d9rtMRD0I/AAAAAAAABGk/EgJbNDfxehg/s400/deb.jpg

maborosi
November 29th, 2011, 01:23 PM
This thread is great. :D

I wonder if they have one for hair-length?

~maborosi~

Nightshade
November 29th, 2011, 01:42 PM
What about the side-pony like Deb from Napoleon Dynamite?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bbWeVWqLZfg/S4d9rtMRD0I/AAAAAAAABGk/EgJbNDfxehg/s400/deb.jpg

I vote "Functionally Retarded."

MandyBeth
November 29th, 2011, 02:21 PM
I vote "Functionally Retarded."
That based on the movie?

pepperminttea
November 29th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Love the beard chart (sudden urge to watch Harry Potter again, just for the first Dumbledore's epic fake beard! :D), but the ponytail chart not so much. The word "retarded" isn't one to be thrown around casually. :?

Nightshade
November 29th, 2011, 03:36 PM
That based on the movie?

Nope just off the chart. Never seen the movie :)

ArienEllariel
November 29th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Love the beard chart (sudden urge to watch Harry Potter again, just for the first Dumbledore's epic fake beard! :D), but the ponytail chart not so much. The word "retarded" isn't one to be thrown around casually. :?

Thank you. I have an aunt who is retarded/mentally handicapped. I find using the word "retarded" to mean stupid and lame or what have you is really insulting.

BlazingHeart
November 29th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Thank you. I have an aunt who is retarded/mentally handicapped. I find using the word "retarded" to mean stupid and lame or what have you is really insulting.

While I agree 100% about the use of r*tarded, switching to lame is just trading one ableist word for another. Lame is, after all, a reference to someone with a limp or altered gait, like me.

~Blaze

Sunshineliz
November 29th, 2011, 06:34 PM

While I agree 100% about the use of r*tarded, switching to lame is just trading one ableist word for another. Lame is, after all, a reference to someone with a limp or altered gait, like me.

~Blaze

Is there really any nice way to essentially call someone stupid? (Which is from stupor, so not about disabilities.) I dislike all the ableist words. Of course it is hard to eliminate them from one's vocabulary once they get ingrained there.

But I love the beard chart. Very fun!

ArienEllariel
November 29th, 2011, 08:15 PM

~Blaze

Oh I never said we should use the word lame either. It would be better if we could simply stop the name calling wouldn't it? Not an easy thing though when certain words are so commonly used nowadays.

CrunchyMama
November 29th, 2011, 08:44 PM
The beard chart needs one more... For men like my DH who can only grow thin little patches. Wonder what that would be classified as?

PinkyCat
November 30th, 2011, 08:37 AM
The beard chart needs one more... For men like my DH who can only grow thin little patches. Wonder what that would be classified as?

This - my brother has about 10 hairs on his entire face! I can grow a better moustache than him! :tongue::lol:

Chetanlaiho
November 30th, 2011, 10:04 AM
This - my brother has about 10 hairs on his entire face! I can grow a better moustache than him! :tongue::lol:

Haha this so much! DBF has some random hairs on his chin, a few just beneath the center of his mouth, some lost ones on his upper lip and literally one or two on the lower cheek area xD

I'm kind of worried I'll wind up with more facial hair than him :o

Sunshineliz
November 30th, 2011, 10:07 AM

Hahaha, totally understand. DH only finally managed a goatee this year. Can't grow a full beard. He might be able to get sideburns, but then he can't connect them to the goatee.:p

NotInPortland
November 30th, 2011, 12:55 PM
If I was a man I would totally grow a wizard beard if I could....

AmberLouise
November 30th, 2011, 12:58 PM
My boyfriend is somewhere between "cool" & "wise" I wish he would keep growing his beard but I think he is planning on shaving as all the santa remarks are driving him up the wall! :)

RapunzelKat
November 30th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Lol! This is great :) I'm also wondering what the female long-hair equivalents are... Am I wise? Or just crazy?

CrunchyMama
November 30th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Hahaha, totally understand. DH only finally managed a goatee this year. Can't grow a full beard. He might be able to get sideburns, but then he can't connect them to the goatee.:p
Hah, that's still better than mine! No chance at sideburns... or a goatee... One summer he went over a month without shaving while we were on vacation. We came home and my mom commented he was overdue for a shave. He told her he hadn't in over a month, and she actually laughed in his face and said, "And that's all you've got?!" You know it's bad when your MIL laughs in your face...

He tried to grow a soul patch once because he figured that would be all he could do. It was about the size of a pencil eraser and blond, so it looked like he had a fleck of food on his chin or something. ;)

And no Movember here--any time he has grown hair above the lip, he gets what I call a "reverse Hitler" mustache. Instead of a little rectangle directly in the middle, he gets two rectangles on either side with a big gap in the middle!

AmberLouise
November 30th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Hah, that's still better than mine! No chance at sideburns... or a goatee... One summer he went over a month without shaving while we were on vacation. We came home and my mom commented he was overdue for a shave. He told her he hadn't in over a month, and she actually laughed in his face and said, "And that's all you've got?!" You know it's bad when your MIL laughs in your face...

He tried to grow a soul patch once because he figured that would be all he could do. It was about the size of a pencil eraser and blond, so it looked like he had a fleck of food on his chin or something. ;)

And no Movember here--any time he has grown hair above the lip, he gets what I call a "reverse Hitler" mustache. Instead of a little rectangle directly in the middle, he gets two rectangles on either side with a big gap in the middle!

My b/f used two have a "reverse Hitler" but after years of growing his mustache it's finally grew in... Which means I can't tease him about it anymore lol

Arriens
December 1st, 2011, 04:36 AM
Somehow I had to think of "old kung fu master".

Ow and I found this some time ago why beards/mustages are wonderfull. ;):p
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/224355_700b.jpg

Qadupae
December 1st, 2011, 04:55 AM
Arriens, that is awesome ^_^

Sunshineliz
December 1st, 2011, 08:20 AM
I love the new chart!