PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating change

RoseOfClare
November 28th, 2011, 06:50 PM
My scalp and hair has been greasier lately. And I cant quiet figure out why. Ive been doin the same routeen since Late September.

I use Dr, Bronners Castile Shampoo (hemp almond)
Suave Naturals Conditioner, Coconut
Lemon Rinse

All were working great together til this past week. Ive had to go from washing every 4 days to every 2 or 3 days.

I have very fine blonde hair so it gets very noticable and frustrating.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Amber_Maiden
November 28th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Could be the weather, it is getting colder out. Is it getting colder where you are? Maybe it's drying out your hair and that's why your producing more oil.

RoseOfClare
November 28th, 2011, 06:54 PM
hasnt gotten that chilly out yet. but then again upstate NY can never make up its mind

Amber_Maiden
November 28th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Maybe it's hormones? Stress?

RoseOfClare
November 28th, 2011, 06:58 PM
i think my hormones have been out of wack n been trying to figure out how to get them back into normalacy

shikara
November 28th, 2011, 07:34 PM
I surely second the hormone thing - that and stress being primary contributors to greasy hair. Food choices, vigorous scalp and hair washing, excessive massaging can also lead to overactive sebaceous glands.

jacqueline101
November 28th, 2011, 09:00 PM
The problem could be you might need to clarify your hair. Sometimes my hair needs clarified it gets oily and greasy.

RoseOfClare
November 29th, 2011, 07:33 AM
thanks a lot I will definately try clarifying my hair. My diet is pretty regular I dont eat a lot of junk food i eat pretty healthy

not sure what to do about if its hormones tho? any ideas on that?? Right now my stress is actually minimum compared to usual

spidermom
November 29th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Really? You can use Dr. Bronners on your hair? It was so awful for my hair!
I third the idea of clarifying. Good luck!

RoseOfClare
November 29th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Yea works pretty well on my hair as long as I use an acidic rinse hence the lemon rinse. If I dont my hair feels weird and gets out of control almost lol. My mum; Celtic Morla, uses it too, cept I can't use the peppermint kind which is the one shes has. Works horribly on my hair.

LocustSpawning
November 29th, 2011, 04:18 PM
If the greasiness is so unbearable so you have to wash more often, I highly recommend dry shampoo. I use the Batiste one to stretch washes by an extra day or so, it works amazingly :) Makes hair look AND feel clean, while giving it a gorgeous smell. Brilliant stuff! Maybe you could try using that until maybe your scalp calms down and goes back to how it used to.

RoseOfClare
December 1st, 2011, 09:49 AM
So i've clarified my hair for first time.......and it feels so weird! feels like all my oils have been stripped but the greasyness is gone time to wait out and see what happens, thanks for advice.

Still need to figure out tho if I have a hormone imbalance because I've had multiple people tell me that.