PDA

View Full Version : long hairs which was your favorite length..

jojo
July 9th, 2008, 03:10 PM
other than the length you have now and why?

lady_hero
July 9th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I loved waist. It was so easy to do updo's and braids. Also, waist was easy to pamper :-)

Ohio Sky
July 9th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I miss having waist-hip hair. It's been a while, but I will get there again someday!

It was so easy to do anything I wanted with it, and it didn't tangle as badly at that length as it does now at <waist. I'm sure part of it is all the damage I've subjected it to since then, but I think part of it is just my anatomy and where/how my hair falls at the moment causes it to tangle.

julya
July 9th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I used to have pixie, and that was a fun length. No work at all for me, just wash and go. I used to rub with a towel to dry it too.

BSL was a good length too. I had very little tangling and could still make a nice bun. I do love my current length, of course. It's just a bit more trouble to care for now.

janaana
July 9th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I loved my short ear length bob but it was so badly behaved that it was much more work than long hair. I had to have regular trims, wash and blow dry it every day so it didn't look like a haystack, brush it almost hourly to stop it getting tangled and make sure I never went out without an umbrella. Eventually I took to having a weekly shampoo and set because the daily washes were too drying for me and that was much better, although it still took an hour and the bright pink hairnet wasn't a good look for me! I was usually the only person sitting at the bank of dryers who was under eighty. The first ponytail it went into as it grew out was a huge relief for me!

harley mama
July 9th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I am not sure I've ever had a favorite length. I had thicker hair last year and I liked that better.
Though, I do have to say- it is easier to CO and care for my hair since I had the big shed. But, as far as length goes, I never really favored a length. I like my hair right now. I will probably still like it in 6 months. ;)

AJoifulNoise
July 9th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Right above waist. I whined and cried my way to waist and beyond... Not properly enjoying where I was. My ends were fuller and I could coax out my waves much more easily.

Cichelle
July 9th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Midback and waist were cool. Lucky for me, shrinkage brings me back to them again and again. :uhh:

socks
July 10th, 2008, 12:35 AM
I can't really say that I've had a favorite length other than my current one. As my hair grows longer and longer, I just keep liking it better and better. :D

Meli
July 10th, 2008, 01:12 AM
I have yet to find a favourite length - I always want it longer. :silly: But previously I have been happy with my length as long as I was exploring new territory. Now, I have still five inches to grow before I'm going to reach new ground again... :rolleyes:

Samara Morgan
July 10th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Hmmm - I liked my hair's length recently until I cut side bangs in and made the ends thin :nono: So I quite like my current length, but I wish it would thicken up :( ...

PrincessColene
March 22nd, 2009, 04:11 PM
I was the most pleased with my hair when it was below my tailbone (that's the longest it has ever been) I miss my hair! Getting there again though....slowly.

JamieLeigh
March 22nd, 2009, 04:17 PM
I miss having it nearly knee-length, and it's exciting to be within inches of it again!! :D But I'm enjoying where I'm at right now at classic, since it seems like it was an agonizing road to get here. :)

Roseate
March 22nd, 2009, 04:28 PM
I liked BSL quite a bit. It was long enough to make some good buns, to weigh down my waves in a good way, and it felt "long". It wasn't yet obnoxiously heavy.

I have my goal listed as waist; I'm hoping LHC can help me find some better styles to deal with my heavy hair as it grows, but if not I'll go back to BSL and probably be very happy there.

spidermom
March 22nd, 2009, 04:30 PM
The first length I felt really happy with was between waist and hip. It felt really long to me, and I had conquered all the problems that waist length brought on. Additional length past waist hadn't yet forced me to re-think all my quick go-to styles.

I love my current length best now.

ajr
March 22nd, 2009, 04:48 PM
Waist was a lot of fun, it was a really flattering length and easy to wash and detangle. Plus it's the length, imo where people will stay things like oh you have pretty hair it's so long. Basically it's the length where other things are noticed not just that it's long.

enfys
March 22nd, 2009, 05:46 PM
I'd say past waist for me, but not where I could sit on it. My back was lovely and warm...

Speckla
March 22nd, 2009, 05:55 PM
I'm not at BSL quite yet - but 7 years ago I was and I loved that length the most when growing out. It's long enough to do neat updos and short enough to still be really curly.

LadyEliza
March 22nd, 2009, 11:16 PM
My goal is as long as it will go, but I try to enjoy all the lengths on the way.

Pixie was good though - wash and go and I got ringlets!

I like the length I have now, easy to do a french twist or french braid.

I liked waist when I had it last as well - for buns and updos

And of course, I liked classic, which I was ALMOST at before I cut it. Lots of updos that were very different from the ones I could do shorter, and when it was down the glances from people were worth it as well.

Darian Moone
March 22nd, 2009, 11:30 PM
For me, waist was best. I could do lots of things with it, it was long enough to "feel" long and get lots of compliments, was easy to wear down, etc. After I passed waist I found it nearly impossible to wear it down anymore, I started receiving negative comments about my hair being too long (not that what other people think matters - just saying), and it just started being in my way too much.

On my way back to waist now after a big cut. Hope to be there by the end of the summer at the latest. I'll probably grow to hip though and then decide if I'll maintain it there or cut back to waist.

I think I may favor waist because I'm so short.

Finoriel
March 23rd, 2009, 04:43 AM
Growing from a very short cut I guess there has not been a single length I did not like :). Everything has its up and down sides, but looking back all the way was fun. If I should pick a length to cut back to which is still considered long I would most likely choose classic length. (Otherwise I´m quite happy as it is now at fingertip.)

boukje
March 23rd, 2009, 04:54 AM
I liked my hair when it was between tailbone and classic (as length) but I hated the horrible thin ends and fairytaling which started around waist then.

I cut of about 5 inch or so and now it is about 0.5 inch above tailbone. It feels very very short and almost like I didn't reach a lot since I've been here.

I love the look of a braid where the tassle hangs at tailbone but I don't have that yet.

LHGypsyRose
March 23rd, 2009, 02:43 PM
I really liked my thick, healthy ends at classic length. Thats when I think they looked thier best! But I am also loving my current length too.

joyfulmom4
March 23rd, 2009, 04:35 PM
Somewhere between waist and tailbone I think. It was easy to wear down and felt really nice and long. I could get trims regularly and keep the ends real thick and nice w/o much worry. It was surprisingly care-free hair for me.

gmdiaz
March 23rd, 2009, 04:45 PM
My hair is as long as I ever remember it being. . .no idea if it even will get any longer. So I guess I have to say I like my tailbone length hair best now.

But oh I am hope hope hoping that it will grow longer, much longer. In my dreams, knee length would be my favorite length.

Jules diamond
March 23rd, 2009, 07:13 PM
i like waist-hip, since it's easier to maintain and you don't have problems leaving it down.

amaiaisabella
March 23rd, 2009, 09:09 PM
The longest I ever had my hair was BSl, and I always felt very glamorous when I left it down. I want to get that feeling back so that's my goal length :)

Wind
March 23rd, 2009, 10:07 PM
I think I would have to say healthy blunt ends at waist, and then again between shoulder and BSL. From what I remember, TBL was just too much for me, to the point where it was a burden more than a joy. Yes, it was amazing to look in the mirror and go "Woah, look at that goal length right there!" But I mostly remember it getting in the way, the updos sliding down, and being tired of a bun every day. My highschool classmates still remind me about being the girl with the bun and funky glasses. :D

Braidmaid
March 24th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Probably my favorite length was waist length, because I maintained it at that length for so long, and I was able to do so much with it. As I grow back to that length, I look forward to going even longer; my only concern is how heavy it will get, as my hair is rather thick. We'll happily cross that bridge when we get there!

Carolyn
March 24th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I used to say BS (longer than mid back on me) was my favorite. Now I'd say it's waist length. BS, while fun and looking super, requires a lot of styling. I couldn't just let it air dry and wear it down. It need curling or straightening. With waist length, I didn't feel the need to do that as much. I can do really cool updo's at waist that I couldn't do at mid back.

zift
March 24th, 2009, 10:20 AM
I used to love my thigh lengthed hair and I'd love to have it to my knees one day, one day...

ravenreed
March 24th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I love my hair now! It is the longest I have ever had it. So I would say just below waist. I am growing to tail bone, but I may find that too unwieldy. We shall see.

sneakybea
March 24th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Other than the length I have it now, BSL was my favorite. Which is funny because I was stuck there for so long and despaired of ever reaching waist! I liked that it was curlier and, as silly as it sounds, I felt it flattered my figure (which was also nicer then). I can never tell, though, if I really like that length or am just nostalgic for the person I was when I had it.

frodolaughs
March 24th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I like it now (at 'can I call this waist?'). I like it more now than at mid back, and more at mid back than bsl, and more at bsl than apl... You get the point. So far longer is better--that's why I'm continuing to let it grow rather than trimming and letting it thicken.

dearladydisdain
March 24th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I've been as long as thigh-length. I loved having it that long for updos and just doing crazy things with it, but aesthetically and feeling-wise my favourite length was probably waist.

Tornerose
March 24th, 2009, 12:21 PM
I liked mine best when it was slightly below BSL but above waist actually. Somewhere along the ribs. I'm considering cutting it that short again, but I kow I'll regret it. Maybe when I'm 30....*sigh*

It was long enough to be long and gorgeous, and yet be able to get curled nicely, get some volume with the use of hairspray without beeing weighed down and flat. It didn't get caught in my bra all the time, like at BSL, and generally just a nice lenght for my hairtype I think.
I also like the feeling of hair swiffing around my waist, but I didn't get as cool results when curling it at that lenght.