PDA

View Full Version : If you have dye damage...

PinkyCat
November 28th, 2011, 10:07 AM
What brand did you use? Did you go lighter or darker? Was it a "normal" dyeing session or something more complicated? How exactly did it go down?

Mairéad
November 28th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Back in my teens I used Clairol Nice n' Easy. I went lighter and used it from 13 to 19 once a month every month with no significant damage. My hair probably was damaged but it wasn't anywhere near cotton candy fluff or anything. Then, the summer of my Freshman year of college I was trying to save a few bucks and used those 3 dollar Revlon dyes. That...that...is what did my hair in.

No special process. Simple box directions.

Amber_Maiden
November 28th, 2011, 10:18 AM
From 2006 to to 2009 I used every drug store brand I could find- and was on sale. You name it, I used it. At one point I was dying my hair weekly because I was just bored, and I thought it would make me happy...

I know I have a bit of damage, but not much considering how bad it could have been. Maybe then henna afterwards helped? Or maybe I've cut off most of the damage by now...

LaLaBella
November 28th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I been dyeing my hair to cover grays since my early 30's (I'm 48 now). Have tried alot. My favorite from a natural appearance and gray coverage standpoint is L'oreal Excellence in Dark Chocolate Brown. It comes with a protective serum to put on the length of the hair & I just color my roots. Every 2.5 weeks because my hair grows quickly and my grays make me look washed out.
Surprisingly enough, my hair is not super damaged. But I oil it daily and really baby the ends.

candycandace
November 28th, 2011, 11:11 AM
I used to dye my hair using brands from Sally beauTy supply for about 4 years. I was happy with the results for while but then my hair started to feel like Velcro..it was bad :( I'm now in the process of trying to get back to my natural auburn color.

aisha.christine
November 28th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I used Clairol Natural Instincts, and I went darker.
I have damage, but it's not too horrific if I keep it moisturized. :undecided