PDA

View Full Version : If youve trimmed back 2 or more inches...

shikara
November 27th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Im just wondering a few things like what was the reason for the trim, was is an easy decision to make, did your hair behave differently after, such as less tangles at the ends, did you have any regrets??[URL=http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/?action=view&current=4149a28e.jpg]

BunnyBee
November 27th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Freshly trimmed hair is normally easier to comb through, ends can only be rehabilitated so much. I only trimmed off 1.5 inches yesterday, it was a pretty easy decision to be honest. My hair still has old dye damage so every time i trim i'm getting closer to virgin hair ^_^
I don't feel sad about it because i feel like i'm doing something good for my hair and it's all nice and even now.

Keller1128
November 27th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I trimmed off 2 inches recently because I wanted to get rid of some damage. It was NOT an easy decision. I even made a post on LHC asking for advice as to whether or not I should trim. I don't think my hair behaved differently. The tangles are less but I think that's just because shorter hair tangles less than longer hair (also because more splits were gone). I do have some regrets. I miss the length but think it was a good decision. It's healthier now.

missoj
November 27th, 2011, 11:52 PM
No regrets, yesterday I trimmed nearly 2 inches off, I couldn't kid myself anymore, my hemline was uneven, shaped in a w and my split ends looked horrendous. Its now a deep V, with a slight dent in the middle, as I wasn't prepared to take off any more. It will grow back healthier and better looking. Plus my mom didn't notice any difference in the length she only realised I trimmed because my ends look straight when brought over my shoulders.

ArienEllariel
November 28th, 2011, 12:32 AM
I did when my hair was around APL. Trimmed around 2 inches. My hair no longer had velcro ends which was such a relief.

MonaLisa
November 28th, 2011, 01:17 AM
I did...twice, more than 2 inches, before joining LHC. Because my hair was too layered, stylist left only few bits long, that got damaged and looked just wrong. It was needed, to have ANY hemline. I didn't regret it then, because i hated what was done before.
Last night I dreamt I cut off 2 inches instead 1/2, now...and I was devastated, missed length so much, and was counting how long till TBL now..

inertia
November 28th, 2011, 03:26 AM
I'm growing out layers (and am too lazy to do frequent micro trims) so I've been doing 2 or 3 inch trims a few times a year.

It makes my hemline look thicker. Also it gives me a couple of months of not accidentally sitting on it. Aside from that I can't see or feel any special difference and it seems like nobody else can either. No one ever notices that my hair is shorter (even if it's by 3 inches) and sometimes right after I even get acquaintances exclaiming over how much longer my hair has grown and do I ever cut it.

Mayflower
November 28th, 2011, 03:53 AM
I think I trimmed off 3 to 4 inches in the last couple of weeks, first microtrims and yesterday 2 inches at once. My hair, with all its layers, just doesn't grow even and there will always be this piece of hair that gets a lot longer a lot faster than the rest haha.
Nobody ever notices the difference, but I do. I'm still well at waist though, I don't think I would want to go shorter than that again.
It looks nicer, the ends are more even and even though those ends weren't split, it just looks 'healthier' (I've got more of a U-hemline instead of a V now).

jasper
November 28th, 2011, 04:51 AM
I've done big trims. I was working on getting rid of a V hemline. So a big 2 inch trim was how I started. I guess it wasn't a "big" 2 inch trim though, because there wasn't a lot of hair in the point of the V. No regrets.

BeatlesFanGirl
November 28th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Trimmed 2 inches recently, due to uneven hemline, it was past waist, now its at waist. (U-shape) Had it been helthy and thick, I would have kept the length. But I'm happy with the trim and I like my hair now, it's still 'very long' according to non-LHC measurements. :D

WaitingSoLong
November 28th, 2011, 05:32 AM
I trimmed 3+" back in October. Yes it was a hard decision, no I do not regret it.

I HAVE greatly regretted trims in the past so I weighed it carefully. I had only been trimming 1/4" - 1" at a time previously.

I had/have old dye damage on the very ends (still have about 2-3") and my ends were very uneven and see-through, also frayed or frizzy.

I dislike fresh cut ends because they slip out of buns too easily, which is why I usually don't trim that much. I am having that trouble now. However, the main reason I cut was to arrest the damage before it spread too far up.

Also, I was sitting on my hair from time to time and greatly disliked that, despite how "fun" I thought that would be. I really could have trimmed another 2" but would not let go of the length. As of now (subject to change) I plan to trim another 2-3" next spring sometime.

maria_tasha
November 28th, 2011, 05:36 AM
trimmed 3+ in September and although I miss my long hair I'm more happy with how it looks now. After a year of no cut my end tended to fairytale and just looked uneven and dry.

Nymphea
November 28th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Yes, I trimmed 2 inches a couple of time, and one time I went for a bigger chop - from TBL to BSL - so.... Many inches, I guess.

Usually I don't trim that much (I prefer 0.5-1 inch trims), but every time I felt the bigger trim is needed - I just did it. I don't do any drastic thing unless I'm sure that's the only way I can get what I want. And on my surprise, every time I trimmed (even if it's a big trim!) it just felt right and I liked the change. I self-trim, it's of a big importance to me - I'm always confident and sure when it comes to my head, my hands and my scissors, so I don't have to worry and I always can go back and trim more if I want - so there's no need for panic!

Depending on how big trim is, my hair behave more or less the same or different. For example, when I got myself into that big trim (TBL to BSL), it was after a lot of months (years?) of no-trimming (that was also my decision - I wanted to go for a length, so... I ended up with a scraggly hair and a lot of splits... Bleh), I absolutely couldn't watch my hair like that anymore. So one evening I just grab the scissors and did it all the way. It felt liberating, as a fresh start.

My other 2-3 inch trims were done after a short time of thinking, but I try never to take off so much length that I would regret. Often when I feel like I need trim, I just look carefully to my hair and decide how much length I will took in that particular moment. It's kind of exciting, deciding with a scissors in hands (but don't do stuff like this at 3 a.m, please - oh, yes, there was one time I regretted the impulsive trim - I was bored at some 3 a.m, I thought it would took me quite a long time to get to waist anyway - but I was maybe just 2 inches from waist, alas! - so I trimmed it back to BSL... Even a half of inch shorter. Stupid, stupid decision).

Anyway, if you try everything with your hair and nothing helps, or if you are sure that you need a change - go for it. Hair does grow back.

LocustSpawning
November 28th, 2011, 06:01 AM
I trimmed about 3 inches off as soon as I joined LHC and realised my hair was just not going to grow with the damage I had.. I trimmed it off, took a pic and almost cried at how short it looked. But my hair gained length quite fast after that, and looked thick and healthy, it was straggly and dry before. Definitely worth it. I don't regret it at all! Without that all important first chop to get away the damage, I wouldn't have this much length now.

CurlyMopTop
November 28th, 2011, 06:45 AM
I recently trimmed off 3 1/2 inches. I went from a deep u hemline with lots of layers to a blunt/slight u looking hemline with only a couple of layers left. My hemline is much thicker now! I don't regret it. My hair wasn't damaged so I don't notice any difference in tangles and although it will take a while to grow back (my hair growth slows down during the winter months), it just looks healthier. :D

Heartwillfollow
November 28th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Im just wondering a few things like what was the reason for the trim, was is an easy decision to make, did your hair behave differently after, such as less tangles at the ends, did you have any regrets??

Have trimmed back twice11/2 and this last one 2 inches since starting to grow.

Reason was damage on the ends. Constant breakage and not gaining any length. Wasn't happy having to trim, but was necessary to move forward in growing for length.

Yes my hair behaved differently ends were thicker, and started gaining length on schedule again.

no regrets for trimming. Felt better to see progress of length happening afterwards.:)

pinupdancer
November 28th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Back in August I cut off about 6 inches. I absolutely did not want to but my hair was quite damaged and it was the only way I knew how to handle it. Had I found this place before then I never would have done it. I do regret it, but at the same time my ends are now very healthy and my hemline is thick. :shrug: So I guess some good came of it, right?

Anywhere
November 28th, 2011, 07:34 AM
I trimmed 4" before I graduated and another 4" a few weeks ago.

Quite frankly, my ends were thin, dead, scraggly, and the tangles were causing more damage to the undamaged hair. It was worth it to cut.

I do miss the length but at least it can grow back without my ends being torn to shreds.

Annibelle
November 28th, 2011, 07:55 AM
I recently trimmed two inches, then half an inch a few weeks later. As you can see from my sigpic, though, I need to trim more, but I was afraid I'd regret it if I cut off five or six inches at once. :)

NymphSpirit
November 28th, 2011, 08:24 AM
I trimmed 4+ inches in december, I did it because a friend convinced me to, and I regretted it the moment I cut the first strand. But I couldn't just leave a hole, so I kept cutting... And then I cried.

And well, obviously, it was a bit longer than a pixie, so yeah, it was really easy to take care of, haha

spidermom
November 28th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I have several times, most recently this past Saturday, 2-3 inches. The hem was on the thin side (for me), and there were lots of split ends. Any regrets I feel are temporary; I don't really want to hang onto bad ends for the sake of length. I get a lot of compliments for having a nice thick braid all the way down.

MandyBeth
November 28th, 2011, 08:50 AM
DH regularly shaves his hip length locss off. Every 5-7 years. He prefers the locs, but doesn't want them past hip, they get in the way. Rather than cut the ends off which looks messy to him, he just shaves his head and starts over.

lapushka
November 28th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Im just wondering a few things like what was the reason for the trim, was is an easy decision to make, did your hair behave differently after, such as less tangles at the ends, did you have any regrets??

At the end of this past summer, I went from hip length back to BSL. An entire perm (that I grew out for 2 years and a half) was chopped off. My hair certainly behaved differently after, as there was far less damage to deal with, which was a relief. It was a difficult decision, though. I have no regrets on losing the damage, but do have regrets on losing the length.

cindy58
November 28th, 2011, 09:02 AM
I've done 2 large trims this year -- 6" in January, and 10" in July. Right now I'm back at waist length. It doesn't seem to take much time at all to gain the length back.

I can appreciate the beauty of super long healthy hair, but living with it a little shorter is more pleasant for me. I did think about it quite a while before I did it, but I can't say that I'm regretting the trims.

Amber_Maiden
November 28th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I've trimmed off 13in in the last year and I don't regret it. My hair grows fast though, and I'd rather have healthy long hair than just long hair...

ElusiveMuse
November 28th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I trimmed about 3-4 inches two times over the summer and mostly because I wanted to grow out layers which made my already thin hair look pathetically thin at the hem, I am growing out previous heat damage (I no longer heat style), and the ends were just not in great shape. It was an agonizing decision because my hair grows SO SLOWLY but my hair looked and behaved much better after so I don't regret it.

RapunzelKat
November 28th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I had to trim about 5" inches total off my hair about four years ago. I had let it go untrimmed for almost two and a half years, and the ends were bleached because I was letting my old dye grow out. My ends were split and damaged, and they felt like straw compared to the rest of my hair. I also had the layers cut out at the same time, as my hair looks better with a blunt hem when it's long. While I was bummed to cut off so much hair, I ended up being glad I had done it. My hair was healthier, easier to comb, and grew out much better afterward. So, my only regret is letting it go so long without a trim in the firs place!

Johannah
November 28th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I've had a 2,5 inch trim because of the splits (do you say it like that in English?), they were everywhere and they didn't want to go away! I cut it off and it just didn't help. At all. They just came back in 2 weeks?!

Now I go regulary to the hairdresser for a very short trim and that helps so much more. They're almost gone, finally!

WaterMusic
November 28th, 2011, 02:20 PM
OP, why do you always post that picture in the text body of your posts? Isn't that what a signature is for, to have a picture like that? When you put that picture in a post, it messes up the formatting of the lines, and it always makes me think I've missed something in the post referring to that picture.

janeytilllie
November 28th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I had TBL hair In 2009 and cut it off to APL. In total I trimmed 14" off. My ends were very thin, tangley and damaged from past abuse.

The thiness and damage was traveling up so I decided it was a must to trim before it went further.

I missed my hair being long however it soon grew back. My hair is now hip length and is getting back to health. I'm glad I trimmed/cut it. :)

Anje
November 28th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I did that a couple months ago. Told DH to estimate the spot where the texture of my ends changed, and to trim a bit above it. Maybe 4 inches of not much hair came off, and I've been enjoying relatively thick ends ever since. It feels a bit weird, but a few inches either way around tailbone don't make a huge perceptual difference.

jacqueline101
November 28th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I've trimmed that much when I started growing my hair after two spiral perms to get rid of the damages. After that I get an inch trimmed every six months.

akilina
November 28th, 2011, 02:40 PM
6 to 7 inches off :( this was in june. my hair was so thin and the hair at my nape was just above my shoulders because i cut that all really short a year before. it made my hair so much thicker so now its much better. im at APL now too ;) my hair is pretty thin and it doesnt help that i have short layers so its still very thin at the ends. not sure what to do about this except for grow out my layers

MungoMania
November 28th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I just trimmed off three inches and it was an easy decision. My ends were a thin rat tail from where my alopecia has been growing out, while uneffected areas were left long. What a layerd mess. I wanted to even things up and hope to look nice for the holidays. My ends are now thicker and hardly tangle at all. It was a good decision for me.

UltraBella
November 28th, 2011, 03:18 PM
No regrets at all !! I last trimmed 13 inches, made me very happy :)

Sunsailing
November 28th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I have a couple of times.

Once was when it just got too long. Past waist length got in the way too much for me. I had just gotten too much into growing it as long as possible.

Another was when my hair just got too thin on thin on the ends. I prefer thick ends.

Yes, the decision is never easy. The most I've had cut at one time is 3 inches...a very difficult decision. Other times I would just have 1 - 1.5 inches cut at at time.

AngelAblaze
November 28th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Back in Jan I had my mid-back length hair cut & layered to get rid of hair that I had prevously lightened. It wound up at my collar bones with lots of layers. Layers make my hair MUCH easier to brush however I braid my hair constantly so it was annoying. My hair was back to BSL when my dad had me cut it all to one length(just brushing my shoulders) While I love a healthy thick hem line I hated to loose the length. I long for my mid-back length but I'm trying to enjoy my hair as it is now!!

freckles
November 29th, 2011, 04:34 AM
I had about 2 inches trimmed when I first joined LHC, so a little over two years ago.
It wasn't an easy decision to make, not because of the hair, but because I dislike going to the hairdresser. If I had known how to self-trim at the time, I'm sure it would have been an easier decision to make.
It's hard to say whether the trim made my hair behave differently. It certainly took off a lot of split ends, but they came back soon enough, my hair is just very split-prone. Also, I had a tiny bit of layering added, and around that time I started taking care of my hair, so any of those could have been the cause of my hair feeling different.
I didn't (and don't) regret it. My hair hadn't been trimmed in 2 years at that point so I wasn't losing much of my growth. I regretted being meek enough to buy the shampoo and conditioner the hairdresser pushed, but that is all :p

Jesabel
November 29th, 2011, 05:02 AM
In october I had 2 inches trimmed off (by my hairdresser- had been trimming some off before that myself, too) because my ends were so damaged. I had gone nearly a year before that of not trimming but because of heat styling and dying it my ends were so damaged it was just snapping off. It feels much better now due to taking better care of it with CWC and oiling :) I'm getting another inch taken off in 2 weeks and then not trimming for 6 months to see how much growth I'll gain with healthier ends.

UP Lisa
November 29th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I trimmed 4 inches at one point. I had been at BCL for quite a while, and just felt it would look a lot better if I cut off that amount. It made the ends look a lot thicker.

uptosomeone
November 29th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I recently trimmed 3-3.5 inches to get rid of damage, layers, and a V shaped cut. It took me a few weeks to truly decide that I wanted to...I kept wavering back and forth. The deciding factor was finding inspiration to grow long blunt-cut ends though, and now I'm so incredibly happy that I did! My hair has so much movement, feels so healthy, and still does nearly everything it did before. :) Not to mention it's growing at a better rate because of the dead ends I cut off!

Inching Along
November 29th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Im just wondering a few things like what was the reason for the trim, was is an easy decision to make, did your hair behave differently after, such as less tangles at the ends, did you have any regrets??http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/th_4149a28e.jpg (http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/?action=view&current=4149a28e.jpg)

I haven't read the whole thread, but I definitely fall into this category. In April, I had a hair cut that took off about 6 inches. You can see the before and the after photos in my signature; there are bigger versions in one of my photo albums (you can see how bad it looked and how long it really was in the bigger version). My hair was looking like such a disaster had befallen it with all the health-related hair loss that I was just so sad about it every day. Of course, looking at the photo now, I probably could have done some intensive moisture treatments and taken off two inches...but I am really glad I had it cut. I like short hair on me, but I really do like it longer, too. I am happy to be growing my hair from a good, fresh state, and I'm determined to pass that pesky 23.5-inch mark that I haven't been able to grow beyond.

Silverdragn7385
November 29th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I recently cut off 5 inches or so (along with some shorter layers)...I do not regret it. My hair isn't all over the place anymore, and this current length looks better with my body type/height. To me, anyways.

blondie9912
November 29th, 2011, 05:31 PM
This February, I trimmed nearly waist length hair with BSL layers to an APL blunt hemline, and it felt AMAZING! I lost about 5 inches, but my hair felt so bouncy and shiny, and the ends were so thick. I mistreated my hair horribly this summer (tons of dying), and haven't done more than microtrim my longest layer since then, and I have absolutely 0 splits in my hair :D

darklyndsea
November 29th, 2011, 06:08 PM
When I was classic+, I tried to get it cut back to BSL, because at the time I didn't know any updos and sitting on it all the time was starting to get really annoying. I regretted it (as I have all but ~2 of the haircuts I've gotten in my life) because, as usual, the stylist got scissor-happy and my hair ended up SL+ instead.

At the beginning, I actually got a good cut: ~WL back to BSL+ because I went to Japan for the summer and didn't want all that hair on my lower back in hot, humid weather. Didn't regret it at all.

kidari
November 29th, 2011, 06:13 PM
I used to do big 2-3 inch trims when I was around APL to BSL. I never regretting them. Instead I got addicted. I now do small trims under half an inch and now I'm trying to stretch this to every other month. I grew my hair from a short bob to almost BSL without any trims on the length so the major trims needed to be done. Once I reach another milestone I will be doing big trims again because I feel my hair needs it and it does wonders for thickening up the hemline.

Mesmerise
November 29th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I cut off a couple of inches not too long ago...and I did the same back in July and August. According to my siggy I've cut off 19cm which is about 7.5".

Now, I don't regret it, but I don't like the length of my hair either... It's just a case of I can't have what I want yet, no matter what I do, so I have to make the most of what currently is!

My hair has a lot of taper (not so bad now) because I lost a LOT of hair last year. No idea how much as I never used to measure my hair circ before I came to LHC. I do know the circ was a lot smaller than normal, of course, and I was even embarrassed to wear my hair in a ponytail because of how small it was!

Unfortunately, I've got a way to go before my hair will look reasonable again. Added to that the fact that I've got some dye and heat damage. I tend not to get split ends, but the hair is much frizzier than my healthy hair and just looks bad! The top few inches that I've grown since joining LHC in January don't frizz nearly as much as the rest of my hair, so it gives me hope that one day my hair will not look like a total disaster :). Of course, I need to grow it/cut it all first!!

I am still not sure where I'm going with my hair in the short term. In the long term I want hip length semi-virgin hair (semi cause it has henna in it and that's not gonna change :D). However, I've got less than a year's worth of semi-virgin hair growth! So yeah, we're looking at a 5+ year plan. I could cut more now...or I could wait a bit and cut gradually. I am sort of on the fence about it. I've also been shedding quite a bit the past few days, and if this keeps up I will end up having to cut off a lot more (although I hope with the knowledge I've gained through LHC that I will be able to stop it before it becomes a problem... I've also considered that it's possibly just a "spring shed" like the cats and dogs go through!!).

So yeah, whether you regret a 2" cut or not depends a lot on what you're trying to achieve. I'm not happy with my length, but I'd be less happy with extremely stringy ends. The only real difference is that my hair looks shorter and the ends look a bit thicker. The old ends didn't misbehave too much as they weren't split or anything... partly because I've already cut off so much this year.

willowcandra
November 30th, 2011, 02:18 AM
In January I trimmed 12"
I didn't regret it but I did miss seeing my braid tassle much lower when I walked past windows.

It made my hair look so much thicker and longer and got rid of every split. I have had hardly any since then.

I could probably lose an inch or two and not care.

Katze
November 30th, 2011, 03:19 AM
I cut off about 8 inches a couple of weeks ago, getting rid of thin ends and length from my postpartum shed two years ago.

The hardest thing to get used to is not having enough hair to do a bun, because my hair is now so much thicker and has blunt ends for the first time in over 5 years! I am still learning what I can do with my now thick, shoulder-length, still unruly hair, and am limited to: braid (that falls out, but it fell out before the chop too), French twist (MUCH easier for me now) and messy, clipped up with lots of claw clips.

For me the quality is worth more than quantity, even if I know my hair will never be long by LHC standards.

Upside Down
November 30th, 2011, 04:46 AM
I cut about 4 inches two weeks ago, but it didn't feel like a big cut because all I removed were very thin ends that just looked like spiderweb. I wouldn't have even noticed the trim, except that now lazy wrap bun keeps falling out :)

Since the trim I got only compliments, though nobody noticed that I cut it. :)

No regrets, it had to happen and I knew it.

Saeth
November 30th, 2011, 05:44 AM
In Jan I had quite a few inches cut off, to try ease the tangles I was getting. I still regret it now. It didn't solve the tangling issue enough for me to feel that it was worth the length loss at all. On top of that I had my hair cut into a V which, once again, I still regret.Never doing that again!

Currently I'm midback. My ends are more straggly and thin due to a massive shed, which the henna has now stopped. I am tempted to blunt off, but I won't because I'll regret it. I'll reach waist and maintain for as long as needed. My hair is healthy, no heat or dye damage, and very little split/dotted ends even after no S&D for so many months I can't remember the last one I did! So yes, no trims planned for a long while!

Diamond.Eyes
December 1st, 2011, 05:32 PM
I trimmed my hair from hip to waist about three months ago and it was a good decision. My ends are very even and thick now and I couldn't be happier...well maybe I could be, if I had TBL hair. :D

InTheCity
December 1st, 2011, 06:54 PM
My hair was looking so thin and scraggly at BSL that in June, I went in for a 2-4" cut. Sadly, my stylist decided I wanted ear/chin length layers instead :(

Gothchiq
December 1st, 2011, 07:05 PM
It was raggedy and unshaped at the ends, and lacked face framing layers. It was about two inches or so that I took off to get it into a U shape, layers, etc and then get it all nice and even.

ladycaladium
December 1st, 2011, 07:46 PM
I trimmed more than two inches off earlier this year due to damage. I still have some damage to cut out but am waiting for my hair to get a bit longer before I do so that I can still put it up easily.

So...
Reason? Damage.

Easy Decision? Yes and no. I knew the damage had to go but I want length now! I also had a wedding to go to and would not be able to do the updo if I did the trim before. I waited till after the wedding and that made it easier.

Behaving Differently? Well, the hemline is thicker but I still have quite a taper and it still tangles as there is still damage.

Regrets? Other than that I damaged my hair in the first place? Not really. Part of me wishes I had lobed off all the damage at once, but seeing as I only have 6 or so inches of healthy hair, that may have meant a buzz cut!

jesis
December 1st, 2011, 07:53 PM
Before I started my long hair journey, I had the bottom half of my hair bleached. My hairstylist colored it and chopped about 3 inches off to try and even out the damage.

It felt really great and healthy. I actually kind of miss it at that length. :)

I don't regret it. I'm glad I did it!

Vanilla
December 1st, 2011, 08:37 PM
I went from BSL length to barely shoulder in March. I think I cut around 5 inches.

My hair was two tone with old dye damage on the ends. I last dyed my hair over 3 years ago.

It was so great to cut off all of the damage at once. I hated wearing my hair down prior to that cut because of my ends.

milagro
December 2nd, 2011, 01:01 AM
I trimmed back 2-2,5" about two months ago. There was no difficulty in the decision 'cause those inches were dry, sun-bleached and sometimes split :) and they were often tangled.
The trim made my hemline more neat and even, I get less knots. So it's actually easier to keep on growing :)

UP Lisa
December 2nd, 2011, 06:34 AM
I'm thinking of trimming mine back to Waist again, just because I hate thin, scraggly ends.

eezepeeze
December 2nd, 2011, 05:44 PM
About a month ago I trimmed about 4 inches off. Just did it myself over the bathroom sink, then had my mom shape up the U hemline a bit. It was looking so scraggly at the ends. I don't regret the trim, but I DO regret doing S&D which is what I think caused my dry, frizzy ends.

My hair just doesn't like S &D. It likes trims better.

I noticed fewer tangles and less frizz and my hair looked soooo much healthier. I did miss being able to do some of the buns, but as the blunt ends have begun growing out, I'm getting my buns back :-)

Also, my hair looked cuter in a peacock twist and curled easier.

Hollyfire3
December 2nd, 2011, 08:01 PM
This thread is soo for me, (Just posted a to trim or not to trim thread) i just was forced to cut off 2 inches of hair due to damage, (it might have been more sadly) i think i cried. I feel like i am not making ANY progress and my hair is right where it was a year ago, still BSL. It looks SOO even and nice now and is curlier ( the curl had left from protein overload, damage, etc, i had thought my hair was permentatly flat, lifeless and straight and dry) Now, after the trim, my hair is curlier (still not perfect due to the protein but i'm fixing it) fuller, and more like it was before the trauma. I am so worried that i length made it look so bad and hope i can grow it longer without the bad looking hemline. I truefully think it was just damaged hair and when it grows back healthy, it will be beautiful!