PDA

View Full Version : Type me, fellow longhairs!

shannonsun
November 27th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I washed with clarifying shampoo and let it airdry without combing or touching it. I think I'm ready to be typed!!

Every time I go to Fia's website the pictures don't show up, so I'm at a bit of a loss. I'm thinking I must be a 1c/2a???

My hair acts fine in that it is delicate and picky, but the strands aren't babyfine. They're not coarse either, so does that make me an M?

Just did my pony circumference and it is 4.25". I am thick then?

Here's a picture with flash:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9182&pictureid=119916

And without:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9182&pictureid=119915

Thanks, ladies and gents!!! :cheese:

DarkSky
November 27th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I would guess 1b.. maybe bordering with 1c??

shannonsun
November 27th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I would guess 1b.. maybe bordering with 1c??

Good thing I asked then!! Thank you. I wish I could see the pictures to get a better idea. It's a learning process I guess!

DarkSky
November 27th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Beautiful hair btw. I love the colour and shine!!!

Quixii
November 27th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I dunno, I would go with 1c or 2a. I feel like 1a is stick straight, 1b is like one huge body wave, not individual waves, and at 1c individual waves start showing up. You have too many individual waves to be 1b, but I can't find the pictures and I'm not sure if you have enough wave to be 2a. :flower:

Lostsoule77
November 27th, 2011, 09:31 PM
I would say 1c. It's beautiful whatever type it is. :)

krissykins
November 27th, 2011, 09:37 PM
1b/1c. Not enough wave to be considered a wavy, but still wavier than a typical 1b. :)

Anje
November 27th, 2011, 09:51 PM
1c or 1c/2a sound about right. You've definitely got some loose waves happening, which is more than 1b folks claim.

shannonsun
November 27th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Thank you everyone, both for the help and the compliments!! This forum has been such a wonderful experience.

I henna'd the first week I was a member of LHC, but now that I know more about hair care I keep wondering how wurly my hair would have become if I had never henna'd. The better I treat my hair, the wurlier and shinier it gets. I'll continue to CO and see what happens. :)

krissykins
November 27th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Do you have any pictures of your hair pre-henna? Henna can often loosen wave/curl patterns.

MissManda
November 27th, 2011, 10:41 PM
I'd estimate around a 1c. :) Your hair color is very pretty!

Lissandria
November 28th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Definitely too wavy for a 1b. A 1b has waves that give a little extra body that don't actually look wavy. Id say 1c maybe 1c/2a. You may get more or less wavy as you get longer.

ETA: very pretty colour and shine!

MonaLisa
November 28th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Very beautiful!! I think as it gets longer, waves will be more clear. 1c for now :)

Niphredil
November 28th, 2011, 01:12 AM
I'd say 1c. Your hair seems too smooth for type 2. Type 2's tend to have more textured strands and frizz.

ETA: the names on Fia's website are usernames from this forum, so you can look them up.
If you look at Nastasska or KarenLynn, (2a) they have more structure going on.

pepperminttea
November 28th, 2011, 02:53 AM
I'd go 1c/2a for now, there's more than one or two stretched out s-waves in there, but it wouldn't surprise me if your waves showed up more as your hair grows longer and there's more length for stretched-out waves to play in. :)