PDA

View Full Version : New in Illinois

Fedelm
November 27th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Hi all, I'm Ashley and I live in central Illinois.

I've had long hair most of my life. I hated it when I was a kid and my mom forced me to not cut it because she liked it, but now that I'm growing it for myself I love it!

I have tailbone length curly hair that's quickly headed to classic. I started off around chin length, and my ultimate goal is terminal length. I thought it'd stop by now! I'm hoping in the near future I can be solidly at classic, and we'll see where it goes from there.

I have a pretty simple care routine, and I really need to start spending more time on updos. I'm a stay-at-home-mom and expecting my second next April, so quick and easy is pretty important to me. Luckily really long hair is, in fact, quick and easy to care for!

Anyways, I'm here for inspiration and care tips. I really need to do more with all this hair.

This is the best recent picture of my hair. I'm also 10 weeks pregnant here, hence random side bathroom mirror picture.
http://cdn.mothering.com/5/5e/400x400px-5ee7e254_10weeks.jpeg

khan
November 28th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Welcome to LHC Fedelm. Oh boy; if you've got YouTube and the time, there are threads here that will direct you to All kinds of updo's.
I liked http://www.prismnet.com/~cortese/hair/styling.html
I copied out that info.

khan

PrairieRose
November 28th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Welcome to LHC:)

PriscillaCherel
November 29th, 2011, 04:21 AM
Welcome to LHC, you got beautiful long curly hair! :)

Arctic
November 29th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Welcome to LHC for you and your "bun" (how's that for a bad pun???)

There are from time to time inquiries on the forum about can a curly hair grow really long. I'm glad you can be a proof it can, and it's gorgeous to boot!

Fedelm
November 29th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the welcome, the link, and the compliments! Arctic, the reason I had long hair in the first place was because my mom refused to cut it. She thought it looked too pretty, and she didn't know how to care for it! I was a 7 year old with butt length curly hair and 12" of split ends, seriously. I eventually cut it off and then regrew it, and keep it in excellent condition :)