PDA

View Full Version : Henna over dark eyebrows?

candycandace
November 27th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Hey guys, so recently I've really been wanting to get back to my natural auburn color. And I've been thinking about how my eyebrows are way darker than my natural hair color. So I was thinking maybe applying henna on my brows in hopes of achieving an auburn color. Has anyone had success with applying henna over dark eyebrows? If so, please share :p!

coffinhert
November 27th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I have medium brown hair and I put henna on my eyebrows, then put tape over them so it wouldn't dry out, but I didn't see any noticeable color difference. i was a little disappointed. They are light enough it should have shown, I'm not really sure what went wrong.

Amber_Maiden
November 27th, 2011, 08:17 PM
I've hennaed my eyebrows. The henna dried out, but my eyebrows definitely changed colour- got redder. That said, it never lasted long. Within a week my eyebrows were back to being dark.

squiggyflop
November 27th, 2011, 08:23 PM
um henna only makes things darker.. i henna my eyebrows to make them darker.. (they are a medium/slightly-dark brown color)

they will look redder for a while, then they will just get darker.

your best bet is lightening them rather than hennaing them if you want them to match your hair

MonaMayfair
November 28th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Some people have success in henna'ing eyebrows, for others it doesn't seem to work.

I have had the same experience as coffinhert, and I tried lots of times, making sure there was no oil on my skin, covering the henna with tape, leaving it on for different amounts of time etc.
All it ever did was dye the skin under the hair of the eyebrows (and that lasted a couple of days)
I know some other peoples' eyebrows take henna really well, I've seen pictures of their success!

I gave up in the end and I now use a product by Blinc called Eyebrow Mousse in the color Auburn (this is just ordinary temporary makeup, not a dye) It just makes my brows darker and slightly redder so they look better with my henna'd hair (which is darker than my natural color)
candycandace, why not try something like this (or other auburn eyebrow makeup etc) first? It would be easier than messing around with henna and also safer. You do have to be very careful using henna anywhere near your eyes.