PDA

View Full Version : Hair getting shorter?

Shona
November 27th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Hello!:)

This may sound weird but... does anyone ever feel like there hair is getting SHORTER? I know but hair is not getting shorter, because i measure it! Is it just me getting used to a certain length?

Shona:taz:

Amber_Maiden
November 27th, 2011, 06:46 PM
It's probably not getting shorter, unless you're loosing your hair... Then I guess it would. It would take awhile though. Or if you had a major deficiency...

PixxieStix
November 27th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I can't say that I have. I do have days where I feel like my hair has not grown in months, but thankfully pictures allow me to see for myself that indeed, my hair is growing. :)

Oftentimes I think that perhaps our desires for longer hair may get so "stuck" in our brain that when we focus on what we really have versus what we want or hope to have can lead to an impression of length getting shorter, not longer. The mind can do some darn funny things!

spike316
November 27th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I'm in the same boat. I'm in that kind of wasteland between shoulder and APL and I'm just not noticing a whole lot of growth, but I'm measuring and am getting about .5 inches of growth a month. I think it's just because my bangs have gotten to the point where they're actually in my updos now and that makes my hair a lot thicker and harder to put in buns and such. :shrug:

Rocket22
November 27th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Yup been there lots! sometimes it feels long and then all of a sudden feels really short? don't know why it's weird but I feel your pain. Just hang in there and it will feel long again especially if you take some photos and compare.

jaine
November 27th, 2011, 07:45 PM
My hair has felt like that ever since I got it trimmed a week or two ago. :)
It was only an inch and I needed it badly, but I still feel it. I'm sure I'll mentally adjust to the new length sooner or later.

spidermom
November 27th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I know that my hair got shorter at least once in the past. I had been putting a belt around my waist to look for waist length, and for awhile I was there, and then all of a sudden, without getting a trim or anything, I wasn't. I can only guess that all my longest hairs shed out. It was o.k., though. The next longest hairs soon caught up to and surpassed waist length. Whew!

Shona
November 28th, 2011, 05:45 AM
hahah, glad to know i'm not (too) crazy! I do feel i'm just at a total stall though! I just just about 2/3cm's above bsl on me. I've only been properly growing out since August, which doesnt sound long but i have spent my whole teenage years dreaming for long hair and wondering why it never happend even without hair cuts. So glad i found LHC! Thank you eveyone for your tips and comments :-)

Alaia
November 28th, 2011, 07:49 AM
I feel like my hair is the same length or shorter than it was when I cut it in June. It just doesn't look any longer but the tapemeasure says it is (maybe not as much longer as it should be...).

Certain parts of the body just seem to suck out the length. For me, it's the journey in between waist and hip.

Gothchiq
November 28th, 2011, 08:14 AM
I have witnessed it happening before on people whose hair breaks off faster than it grows. this is usually because they have not done a "health trim" in a long time.

xoxo
gothchiq

moon2dove
November 28th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Oh yes! I am feeling that way at the moment! Although I know it must have grown of course!

So I have decided not to measure my hair this month and wait until 1st January before I can even look at a tape measure, or photograph my hair :)

Avital88
November 28th, 2011, 01:06 PM
my hair feels the same as one year ago and its at least 10 inches longer now, its just the feeling..its growing but i get used to it very quick!

jacqueline101
November 28th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Its strange my hair feels the same length but when I let it down its longer. I haven't figured this out. I think my bangs grow faster then the rest of my hair.

ladonna
November 28th, 2011, 03:22 PM
I don't know about getting shorter, but in my head my hair is shoulder length and short. Kinda of like if someone's always been over weight but then dropped the pounds and still feels overweight.