PDA

View Full Version : 6 months since getting a pixie. Obviously PIC heavy.

Mairéad
November 27th, 2011, 05:06 PM
It's been around 6 months since I got my pixie, close enough anyway, and I'd like to post my progress now, especially since I just had the mother of all growth spurts between October and now.

I hope this can serve as inspiration for those who are also growing from such a short length. It can be done! I started on LHC originally with shoulder length hair but I grew frantic for one reason or another and chopped it all off. It was probably because I hadn't learned the tricks of the trade quite yet and I wasn't noticing much growth.

What did I do different this time? Mostly I stopped getting regular trims. I was a slave to the scheduled trim and now that I've gone to as "as needed" basis I have hair to high heaven shooting out of my scalp.

Anyway: My pixie. End of April to beginning May-ish.

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af276/Random_Goldfish/110208-165928.jpg

Now, end of November.

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af276/Random_Goldfish/111127-174532.jpg

How about that growth, huh? :eyebrows:

gypsymoth
November 27th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Wow, what wonderful progress! You've done a magnificent job :)

Falcore
November 27th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Congrats on your growth! It's a good feeling, huh? :)

Amber_Maiden
November 27th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Wow! SO MUCH GROWTH!

lizdini
November 27th, 2011, 05:27 PM
wow, that's a lot of growth!

supercupcakexx
November 27th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Oh my gosh, now that's what I call some growth--wish I could get some of that! :p Congrats!

Yozhik
November 27th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Great growth! :)

Onward and downward!

ashleyrox
November 27th, 2011, 05:40 PM
WTG! Thats impressive!

einna
November 27th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Wow, thats fast. Looks good to :) you will have LHC waist hair by "no-time".

omgitssarah
November 27th, 2011, 05:49 PM
That's insanely good progress! I'm trying to grow from a pixie as well, and have had nowhere near that growth (although, it's only been about 4.5 months).

jeanniet
November 27th, 2011, 05:52 PM
That looks great! It's hard to have patience when your hair is that short--it gets a lot easier once you start seeing a big difference in length. I grew my hair from chin to waist in two years, so it's definitely a realistic goal. :)

jujube
November 27th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Whoa! What a growth rate. It took me more than a year to go from pixie to shoulder.

spidermom
November 27th, 2011, 06:07 PM
That IS good growth; congratulations!

longcurlygirl<3
November 27th, 2011, 06:15 PM
That's amazing! Nice growth!

Nymphea
November 27th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Wow, congrats! So much progress! Imagine what it will look like in 6 months more! Go for it! :D

jacqueline101
November 27th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Your hair has really grown.

Mairéad
November 27th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Thank you everyone! I graduate college in three more semesters and I'm sure by then my hair will be a show stopper. ^_^

I'm so excited!

RedBlue
November 27th, 2011, 06:42 PM
That is some insane growth!!! Keep it up and good luck with your schooling!!!:)

Tomoyo
November 27th, 2011, 06:43 PM
We seem to have similar growth rates! I just got the uneven "ducktail" I had from my pixie cut off yesterday so now my hair is at the same length as your #2 photo; it had been about an inch longer than that with the ducktail, but I've been growing for 8 months.

So doing the math, we seem to grow at a similar speed!

PixxieStix
November 27th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Woo-hoo, that is amazing! Congratulations, that's amazing growth. I can't wait to see what it does end up looking like for your college graduation. I hope you update again in another six months, it's so cool to see! I was just comparing my hair now to a photo from a year ago at Christmas and can only wish my hair showed that much of a difference. (There is a big one, but over the span of a year :) ) Happy hair growing! :D

mz_grim
November 27th, 2011, 08:55 PM
wow very good growth there.

Lostsoule77
November 27th, 2011, 10:41 PM
That's great! I always love these threads. They are so inspirational. :)

Mairéad
November 27th, 2011, 10:55 PM
That's insanely good progress! I'm trying to grow from a pixie as well, and have had nowhere near that growth (although, it's only been about 4.5 months).

I think the first couple months are the hardest. It was about three months before my hair started looking a lot different. Now I've had an insane growth spurt.

Mairéad
November 27th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Woo-hoo, that is amazing! Congratulations, that's amazing growth. I can't wait to see what it does end up looking like for your college graduation. I hope you update again in another six months, it's so cool to see! I was just comparing my hair now to a photo from a year ago at Christmas and can only wish my hair showed that much of a difference. (There is a big one, but over the span of a year :) ) Happy hair growing! :D

I'm pretty sure when I graduate there will be a photo of a pretty low bun with my cap and tassel to share. I will be sure to update in another six months. :D

Lucky
November 28th, 2011, 02:26 AM
That's incredible progress! Congrats :)

Lissandria
November 28th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Amazing growth in 6 months. Most people would be lucky to grow that in a year, I know I would! Lovely :)

oktobergoud
November 28th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Amazing growth! :o It looks great :)
I've been growing out a pixie as well, but I keep the back short :) It is taking forever though D:

Cjatje
November 28th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Waw! I hope mine will grow as fast as yours! :D

Sunny_side_up
November 28th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Great growth! keep those scissors at bay, though i dont really regret trims, i've recently thought i'll leave my hair to grow some more before i have a mini trim compared to my pst big snips off the ends that i did regulrly all through the last two years since i joined:D

Celtic Morla
November 28th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Great Job!! It takes a lot of patience but isn't it worth it???

LocustSpawning
November 28th, 2011, 09:30 AM
That really is fantastic improvement for just 6 months. Wow!

lapushka
November 28th, 2011, 10:40 AM
That is *amazing* growth! Congrats! :)

giuditta
November 28th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Wow that's incredible, congratulations!

mrs_coffee
November 29th, 2011, 06:09 AM
That is great growth! Yay!

I started out with a pixie too and I'm a little over a year out with a few trims here and there to avoid the mullet. Getting to shoulder length felt like it took a long time, but once I hit shoulder things have seemed to go much faster.

summergreen
November 30th, 2011, 06:35 AM
That is amazing! Really impressive!

Rhodugune
November 30th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Congratulations! :flowers:
I hope you find growing it long much more easy this time, it looks great!

SimplyViki
November 30th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Great growth! You take such expressive photographs.

xgeckox
November 30th, 2011, 07:05 AM
this is so inspirational for me - I'm two weeks out from my last super-short pixie cut, I got rid of the last of my chemically-dyed hair ready to grow my tresses again from a clean slate :)

I have about 1.5-2.5inches of 'length' now, hoping to reach a solid shoulder length in a year, BSL in two. Ah, patience is a virtue so they say :rolleyes:

Mairéad
November 30th, 2011, 07:14 AM
this is so inspirational for me - I'm two weeks out from my last super-short pixie cut, I got rid of the last of my chemically-dyed hair ready to grow my tresses again from a clean slate :)

I have about 1.5-2.5inches of 'length' now, hoping to reach a solid shoulder length in a year, BSL in two. Ah, patience is a virtue so they say :rolleyes:

One of the other reasons I cut originally was to get too-dark henna out of my hair. The lightness of my hair never photographs well in my web cam but it's very much lighter than it appears. I had done 5 hennas or so and the color was much too dark for me.

At the time of my haircut my longest piece was about 3 inches long. I think shoulder in a year is very doable, especially since short hair is pretty tough and doesn't need trimmed as often.

jojo
November 30th, 2011, 10:55 AM
thats brilliant growth, love your pixie photo ha ha!!

Ice~Cold~Wind
November 30th, 2011, 02:21 PM
I thought my hair grew fast! :D

cnd0020
November 30th, 2011, 02:29 PM
WOW! I went from BSL to Pixie and it took me more than a year to get it to where yours is at.

Vitamins? Co washing? What's your secret?

McFearless
November 30th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Very impressive!

Mairéad
November 30th, 2011, 02:59 PM
WOW! I went from BSL to Pixie and it took me more than a year to get it to where yours is at.

Vitamins? Co washing? What's your secret?

I don't know if it contributes to my growth but I've done scalp massages frequently. Not only with my CO but also with a coconut oil/castor oil mix the night before I wash too.

I probably don't take my vitamins regularly enough but I do take Biotin.
Other than that I remember when I was a child my mom lamented how quickly my hair grew because she just trimmed my bangs, or something like that. So it may just be me.