PDA

View Full Version : Waist to Chin......-.-

Susana
November 27th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Hi guys!

Well, my hair was past waist, which was my initial goal. It was virgin and in good shape. I had a baby not too long ago and have been a bit weird lately. I either go from being happy with how I look to thinking I look fat, or old, or plain very quickly. If my hair is greasy looking, I generally feel like crap or fat. Lately I only had time to throw it up in a pony tail or braid, and I kept trying to do things like the french twist but my hair would just not hold....maybe it was heavy.

So I impulsively went to the salon and got a trim to just above my waist. The girl initially said the hair looked healthy but then said that I should go to the salon every 2 months. So they made an appointment before I left for December.

About 2 weeks later I saw a girl with chin length hair and she looked so cute with the cut. I decided to give myself until December to cut my hair. My hair was greasy that day, I was also having a fat day and did not sleep well that night. So naturally the next day I woke up and called my hair dresser to get my hair cut that same afternoon. I was so busy that morning that I didn`t even have time to think about it too much and I was excited.

Went to the hair dresser and she was in a rush because I was late (major street was closed due to an accident- should have just called to cancel) so she was quiet annoyed. She put my hair in a pony tail. I asked if we could do a braid so it did not fall out and she said that I could just braid it after it was cut. So she cut it and the hair fell out of the elastic and onto the floor, which sucked because I wanted to keep it in a braid and give it to my husband. Now it is in a bag in my closet and it is going to be a lot of work to organize it into a braid since it is everywhere.

I gave her a picture of what I wanted (first picture) but also told her that it was ok if she went shorter with lots of layers (should not have done that). She gave me her same hair cut: the concave bob.

ASked for this:

http://www.lovemarks.com/media/image/john_frieda_html.jpg

Got this:

http://www.thetopstyle.com/wp-content/gallery/short-bob-cuts/victoria_beckham-bob-hairstyle-picture.jpg

It`s nice, but totally not what I wanted. The hair cut that I said I wanted I had before and needed not styling dut to all the layers which curled a bit. This cut needs to be blow dried and I hate blowdrying my hair. I also need to straighten it as it flips out (which is perfect for the actual cut I wanted, not for this one. The back is exactly like the picture of the concave bob. It looks cute, but it is not my style (look wise and styling wise).

So overall, my fault entirely. I regret it. I don`t know what the hell is wrong with me some days. Just thought I would share.

From this (No styling):

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9191&pictureid=119862

To this (straightened):

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9191&pictureid=119864
Yes, I regret it. F.New journey I guess ^.^

ETA: Pictures were not showing up.

ebba
November 27th, 2011, 01:51 PM
theres no pictures :(

GuinevereMay
November 27th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Wow- that's quite a difference. I used to have a hair stylist who would cut the same style no matter what I asked for. That's why she's not my stylist anymore.

I sometimes get the urge to cut, but I make myself wait at least two weeks to see if it's just an impulse or genuine desire. It's never been a genuine desire.

Amber_Maiden
November 27th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Can't see the pics.

It'll grow though, and in a few months you can easily get the hair cut you wanted, from a stylist who will listen to you.

slz
November 27th, 2011, 02:56 PM
ASked for this:

Got this:

:bigeyes::bigeyes: was the hairdresser drunk ??
If I were you, I'd find a way to play with headbands, french/dutch side braiding, whatever - but avoid blowdrying and straightening at all costs, to reach what you first wanted ASAP and not lose any time with something I'm unhappy about.

moon2dove
November 27th, 2011, 03:16 PM
That is a big difference in what you wanted and what you got! (It's the same cut I didn't want but got)

I'm sure some hairdressers have hearing problems or they look at our hair and still do exactly what they think will suit us!

I agree with @Amber Maiden your hair will grow and you can still have the cut you previously wanted.

Annibelle
November 27th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I've seen the one photo in your album, and it looks good there, at least. Is there any way you could show us what it looks like when you don't use heat on it? Maybe we'll be able to help you find a way to wear it heat-free and still cute. :)

Gothchiq
November 27th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I have had such terrible luck with hairdressers ignoring my very specific requests, complete with photographs from all sides of the head... I learned how to do my own trims because I was sick of paying money to have my hair destroyed. So I feel ya.

xoxo
gothchiq

Susana
November 27th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Sorry guys! Pistures should work now ^.^

Nevermore
November 27th, 2011, 06:55 PM
For what it's worth, and I know that it may not be much consolation, the new cut looks really cute and tends to grow out nicely. I'm in the camp of gentle heat styling for handling your iffy hair days at a short length. My self esteem suffers when my hair looks bad to me, so it's better for me to straighten the bangs and eventually need to cut out that damage than to feel crappy for a whole day because I didn't *shrug*

spidermom
November 27th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Oh my goodness! I would be so upset! I hate that haircut so much.
Grow hair grow :magic:

Kira94
November 27th, 2011, 07:24 PM
If it's any consolation, the cut looks really cute on you! And soon it will grow and you can get the style you really wanted. :)

pinupdancer
November 27th, 2011, 07:34 PM
I just don't understand how some hair stylists can ignore their client's request and do whatever they want. :mad: Argh!

At least the cut looks good on you, and as you said you like it so that's good. Hopefully it'll grow quickly for you. :)

honeydippedxo
November 27th, 2011, 07:51 PM
If you must go to a solon try to get a stylist that has her hair cut and styled something close to what you want. I swear most hairstylists just duplicate their own hair all day long. Well your hair looks cute but I know how bad it suckks to have a totally different haircut than what you wanted. Sorry sweetie, feel better! C:

Kristin
November 27th, 2011, 08:38 PM
I'm sorry that you're unhappy, but it does look really nice on you! (Not that that makes up for the fact that she didn't listen to you.)

Diamond.Eyes
November 27th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Wow. I would have refused to pay the stylist. This is exactly why I learned to cut my own hair. The cut does look cute on you though. Not many people can pull off a cut like that. :)

Lostsoule77
November 27th, 2011, 09:36 PM
I would be furious, but at least it shouldn't be too long until you grow to the cut you did ask for. Plus it does look really good on you. :)

ericthegreat
November 27th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I wouldn't have let her touch my hair in the first place. If I'm paying you my hard earned money, you BETTER treat me like the king I am. Her attitude towards you was disgusting, I wouldn't have even sat down in the chair if I were you. And the total disrespect she showed towards cutting the length of your hair (not letting you braid it first, letting it all fall to the floor and slide out of the elastic) is just shameful.

But what's done is done. Your hair will eventually grow back again. At least the Victoria Beckham bob works for you, it flatters your face in a nice way.

AcornMystic
November 27th, 2011, 10:34 PM
When I discovered the elevated bob that is what I kept for a long while, while my hair was being kept short, and that picture of Victoria Beckham is the exact picture I would bring every time I went to the hair dresser, printed off in color and everything. I liked the pob (posh bob as it is affectionately named after Victoria's trademarking it haha) because it was easy maintenance (or so I thought... >.>) and I could still hide behind my hair with longer bangs. Little did I know, unless you want or can deal with lots of flipping or a flat/misshapen looking head with the form of hair that isn't sculpted, then it's not really desirable for someone who wants low maintenance. Whoever said shorter hair is lower maintenance is wrong with many styles unless it's shaved or a pixie etc. With longer hair, once you know what is healthy for your hair, it's that simple, knowing what to do and what not to do and you can just throw it up.

I say goodluck to you with getting the hair you want. We'll be growing out together, as I'm just past chin.

P.S. I have found when you go to the hair dresser it is safer to bring a picture and then do not say ANYTHING. If you try to give them leeway and make little verbal alterations or use their own judgement it confuses them and/or allows them to take the easy way or do what THEY want. Unless they are a friend who knows your past history and what appeals to you just don't. Again, it's safer.

missoj
November 28th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Although you regret the length, I must say the cut suits you well though.

katienoonan
November 28th, 2011, 01:20 AM
I know you regret it but I think the cut looks beautiful on you!

XXXxXXxXxx

Violettwin
November 28th, 2011, 02:50 AM
I know its annoying that the hairdresser didn't listen to you but its a great haircut,it looks good on you :) It will grow in no time xxx
p.s you have lovely eyes x

PorkChop
November 28th, 2011, 03:12 AM
Oh no, sorry you didnt get what you want, but like others have said, you really do pull off that cut, and it does look cute. Your hair looks so nice and healthy, im sure you wont have many probs growing it longer again!

InTheCity
December 1st, 2011, 07:44 PM
I completely feel what you are going through. I asked for a cut (pics and all!) that was between shoulders and APL, and got the last (right) pic in my signature below.

I can't really offer advice because I haven't yet found a way to be happy with mine but do whatever you have to in order to be happy with it. Of course, your hair looks super cute so that may help!

owlathena
December 1st, 2011, 08:19 PM
I think its really cute! I've been finding myself adoring short styles lately. Must resist! But really, I like it and its good to change things up!

Sunshineliz
December 1st, 2011, 08:27 PM
You look great both before and after the cut. I hope your hair grows to the length you really wish soon!

And shame on the hairdresser for not listening to you.

A. Correira
December 1st, 2011, 08:27 PM
I am so sorry that this is the situation you are in, but I am definitely in the same boat as you! I was in the middle of growing out my hair and I was inbetween BSL and waist, but my husband wanted me to try something different with my hair, so I went and got the same cut you said you have gotten. I enjoyed it for about a month or so but then I started missing my long hair terribly!
Long story short, I am growing out my hair and taking wonderful care of it. The ends are slowly evening out over time, and it quickly got to shoulder length in about three months!

I'm sorry if none of this really helped you, but just know that you are not the only foolish one and cut off their beautiful tresses. But now... we just gotta be patient.

almond
December 1st, 2011, 09:02 PM
Your new hair cut looks really cute on you!
But it seems to me that some stylists have some favorite styles, and they do those no matter what I ask for. I would try to find a new stylist who listens and respects their customer.

HintOfMint
December 1st, 2011, 09:54 PM
I know you regret the cut, but at least it looks really cute on you! Also, as it grows out, you can experiment with different styles along the way including the one you originally wanted to get.

As for limiting heat, I have a friend who has that same hair cut and she could wear it natural (curly/wavy) and it looked adorable. Since your hair flips, maybe you could do something to scrunch in more of a wave/curl. Also, I would do twin french braids in her hair. Yes, they would end at about below ear level, but they were really cute as well. You could play around with different styles to limit the amount of heat to use just so you don't have to trim off more damage than is necessary as you grow.

coffinhert
December 1st, 2011, 10:03 PM
I'm so sorry! I had a haircut disaster earlier this year, and it has one thing in common with your story -- the lady gave me the haircut SHE had! WTF! Not what I asked for! At least your hair is healthy and undyed, so that's one blessing. You might avoid trims for a while, except for microtrims you do yourself, until it reaches the length where you don't have to do heat treatments anymore. When I was growing my hair out from a bob, I kept getting it trimmed, and it took FOREVER! Looking back, I wish I'd just suffered through the initial stage of funny looking shortness.

Tizzles
December 1st, 2011, 10:32 PM
Your hair looks very pretty in both pictures. I am growing out the same cut you just got. I will eventually get around to posting pictures. It's not a super easy cut to grow out, but you can do quite a bit with it. When you don't want the front fringe in your face just put it halfway up, you can curl it (think Julia Stiles in The Prince & Me), and if you invest in some really cute short hair toys you can make it so it never looks the same twice in a row. The biggest problem I ever had with this cut is that the front part of my hair is damaged at the ends so it gets kinda fluffy and therefore needs to have heat applied to it to tame the ends so it gives a diagonal look...which just damages it more.

My plan is just to let it grow out as close to one length as possible and then do a blunt cut and even it out and grow from there. Don't be too hard on yourself about cutting. When my hair was really long it was past BSL and I went to this cut from BSL, it was definitely a shocker. Your hair is beautiful though and you rock the cut extremely well. I will be your bitch buddy for the growth journey if you need one, since our hair is pretty much the same length, front and back. Try not to obsess too much, you're very pretty regardless of your hair length!

gibsongirl71
December 1st, 2011, 11:09 PM
That is one of my fave cuts! I think it looks good on you. :-)
I will say that having children makes a lot of women want to cut their hair. Mine was almost waist length when I was preg with my first. When he was 2 months old I cut it to a pixie. My hair is now past my shoulders. It is all a journey. Now I do regret cutting it, but at the time I didn't. The nice thing about hair is that it will grow back. :-) Just go easy on the heat styling when you can. Even now as my youngest child approaches age 7 I still get the urge to cut and color. I still have days where I feel fat and frizzy. On those days I just tell myself that a new "do" will not chase away the fat frizzys. I just suck it up and carry on.:D

hellopanpan
December 2nd, 2011, 01:00 AM
I know it's not at all what you wanted, but I think it's beautiful! Not gonna lie, it kind of makes me want to cut my hair! :)

julliams
December 2nd, 2011, 03:30 AM
I agree that it does look good on you. I did something similar with my hair right before my second child was born. I ended up with something that really wasn't flattering on me, but you know what? All those months are a bit of a blur to me now - I know I did a good job as a mother, I just don't remember much of what went on day to day since it was all pretty much the same. So needless to say, if you do want to grow it out, you will find it will grow out quickly.

Hugs and I know where you are coming from - been there and out the other side. It sometimes feels like you will never get back to a time when you just pick up your wallet and keys and head out the door - but believe me, it does come back.