PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good enough reason to wash hair more?

shikara
November 27th, 2011, 10:46 AM
So far ive been washing my hair twice weekly. Ive been using rosemary oil and jojoba but now ive made a scalp tonic with five essential oils and two carrer oils. Its supposed to be for the 'mature' woman hehe.... I apply it pre wash the warm/hottish wet towel and shower cap method. Thanks to LHC, my hair now easily combs out after a wash. Im thinking of adding one more wash per week - so three times which allows for 52 more treatments in a year. What do you think?
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/th_4149a28e.jpg (http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/?action=view&current=4149a28e.jpg)

spidermom
November 27th, 2011, 10:53 AM
I think that you should wash your hair whenever you think it needs to be washed. I wouldn't add an extra wash just to have an excuse to do a treatment, but whatever works for you.

jacqueline101
November 27th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I think if I was you and you're getting good results with what you're doing. Then I wouldn't change my routine. If you feel like something is lacking then you may try adding another oil treatment or washing.

Madora
November 27th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I think that you should wash your hair whenever you think it needs to be washed. I wouldn't add an extra wash just to have an excuse to do a treatment, but whatever works for you.

I'm with Spidermom. Wash your hair when it needs it. Twice a week should be more than sufficient. Once a week would be better.

Amber_Maiden
November 27th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I wash my hair only once a week. The best thing for your hair is to let it "stew" in it's own natural oils. That's just my opinion though. I think you should stick to the routine you're doing.

Talma
November 27th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Washing your hair less frequently may not be the answer for everyone actually. I used to wash my hair only once a week (and thanks to a hectic rush to get ready for Thanksgiving had to resort to that again last week). The result, crunchy dry hair that looks like a giant tumbleweed tried to eat my head. It takes a couple of weeks with my normal routine for my hair to stop being a gnarled mess. I wash my hair twice a week normally and my hair is much better. Still dry, but NOTHING like when only washing once a week. I do co-wash now though, no poo on this head. But even when I did use a shampoo my hair was more hydrated with 2x/week washes :D

So maybe 3x's a week will work for you. Only trying it will tell you. If your hair freaks out because of it, give yourself a deep treatment and go back to 2x's a week.