PDA

View Full Version : HUGE bun, no sticks, clips or anything else!

Becky9679
November 27th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I was just playing around on youtube and found this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT1aoHtc3ow&feature=related). It's now my newest hair ambition to be able to put my hair up like that!

Yame
November 27th, 2011, 09:53 AM
That bun would not stay on my hair without something to hold it... even if it was as long as hers. My hair is too slippery.

Also, I don't think my bun would ever look that huge, she seems to have hair that is at least twice as thick as mine, and I'm on the thick side of ii!

jeno
November 27th, 2011, 09:55 AM
WOW! I'm speechless...

shikara
November 27th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Yes that is pretty impressive but mine would slide right out too and it certsinly wouldnt bce near as big - shes got very thick har!!!
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/th_b4293cd4.jpg (http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/?action=view&current=b4293cd4.jpg)

Mi-chan666
November 27th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Very nice, I can do that too, and it stays for a few minutes, but then it slides out, my hair is slippery as well, even with braidwaves. ^^

Madora
November 27th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the link. Very interesting, but I betcha it wouldn't stay put if she had to run for a bus! Also, I'd hate to have all that weight centered at the back of my head.

slz
November 27th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the link. Very interesting, but I betcha it wouldn't stay put if she had to run for a bus!
Yeah this - being able to do it doesn't mean it will stay up. I can do a pin/stick/everything-less bun and have it hold for half an hour at most, this not including ay dphysical actiivity or downn it goes. Also if you have very healthy slippery hair it won't hold as well as somewhat damaged, velcro hair (sad but true).

spidermom
November 27th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I just tried that. 1 minute later, it has already slid down to the back of my neck. If I move around, I bet it will fall out completely. Hmmmmmmmmmm; we'll see.

Signe
November 27th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I do this bun and it stays all day whilst I am at work (I have very "grabby" hair). Of course, it isn't nearly as big...hmph

Lostsoule77
November 27th, 2011, 10:49 AM
This is exactly my regular go to bun! I've been doing it for years. Sometimes it holds, sometimes it doesn't. It certainly isn't anywhere close to that size though. :) Madora is right, it usually won't hold while running. However it does hold while walking 8 minutes to work, working for 11 hours, and walking 8 minutes home. It also holds quite well when I want to go out with my hair down and at points want to put it up. I do this when I go to weddings and such. I can contain it while dancing and have it down the rest of the time. I always have ties and clips with me, but it's much easier to just use my own hair. :D

ashleyrox
November 27th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Wow...just...wow!

jacqueline101
November 27th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I'm with the ladies here my hair wouldn't do that hairstyle even if my hair was that long it would fall out.

krissykins
November 27th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Isn't that the pony bun?

Sweetie
November 27th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Gosh! I will never be able to do such a thing!

LocustSpawning
November 27th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Wooooooooow.... I LOOOVE massive buns, that's just amazing! Wish I could do that..

Browniegirl
November 27th, 2011, 02:41 PM
It's very pretty. My hair can stay for quite a while in a tied up bun. She seemed to double the hair back upon itself. That does double the thickness, but it is still pretty thick. I hope my hair stays thick when It gets longer.....

RapunzelKat
November 27th, 2011, 02:51 PM
It looks so cool! But when I gave it a shot and it instantly fell out of my super-slippery hair... Oh well :) I might give it a try with bobby pins and see if I can get it to stay. Mine wouldn't be nearly as big but it would still look nice I think.

Chamy
December 1st, 2011, 01:04 PM
wow, thats really cool. i wonder how long her hair is?

Anje
December 1st, 2011, 01:50 PM
Isn't that the pony bun?
I'm pretty sure it's the Swirly bun. Doesn't stay on my head if I move at all, and looks about as big as a doorknob. Oh well. The model has thick, voluminous, coarse hair; I have moderate-to-thin, compactible, fine hair.

kitschy
December 1st, 2011, 01:59 PM
Her bun is huge and gorgeous.

I can tie a knot for a bun and it stays all night while I sleep without any pins or anything. That is one advantage of having textured hair, I guess.

moxamoll
December 1st, 2011, 02:04 PM
Mine's not long enough to do the final wrap (I just tried :o), but I think it would just slide out anyway...

SwordWomanRiona
December 1st, 2011, 02:11 PM
Wow!!!!!! Such thick shiny raven hair!! What wouldn't I give for hair as thick as hers!

krissykins
December 1st, 2011, 02:13 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the Swirly bun. Doesn't stay on my head if I move at all, and looks about as big as a doorknob. Oh well. The model has thick, voluminous, coarse hair; I have moderate-to-thin, compactible, fine hair.

Ah, thank you for the clarification. :)

Amber_Maiden
December 1st, 2011, 03:33 PM
That is pretty awesome. I think my hair would probably have to be classic to do it though.

Annibelle
December 1st, 2011, 09:30 PM
A TINY bit off-topic: Hmmm, in a comment, someone advises users to oil their hair with jasmine oil before shampooing. I've never heard of jasmine oil!!! Anyone else? Does anyone here use it? It sounds like it would smell pretty... hehe.

Annibelle
December 1st, 2011, 09:31 PM
Ooops-- duplicate post.