PDA

View Full Version : Weird eyebrow hair

Tsopana
November 27th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Over the past few years I've noticed a very weird single hair on my left eyebrow; it's silver (my brow colour is brown), twice the length of my normal brow hairs, and it keeps growing back the same after every time I plug it out!
Also, this summer my bf noticed a one-inch-long silver hair coming out of my left... shoulder!!! Luckily, that one didn't grow back:cheese:

Has anyone else had a similar weird hair experience?

Cjatje
November 27th, 2011, 05:40 AM
No, but maybe you first grey hair? ;)
Sorry, not funny...

jacqueline101
November 27th, 2011, 06:09 AM
It could be your first gray hair or maybe a hair that got damaged from waxing or tweezing.

Lilli
November 27th, 2011, 06:15 AM
This is just how some people's eyebrows age. It started happening to me about age 30. The eyebrow hair starts as a normal brown hair, but then at the end of it's growth cycle, it turns grey and grows a lot, forcing the hair into a big arc that sticks out from the rest of the brow. I just pluck them when I see them lest I look like my 80 year old father. :o

Tsopana
November 27th, 2011, 06:37 AM
This is just how some people's eyebrows age. It started happening to me about age 30. The eyebrow hair starts as a normal brown hair, but then at the end of it's growth cycle, it turns grey and grows a lot, forcing the hair into a big arc that sticks out from the rest of the brow. I just pluck them when I see them lest I look like my 80 year old father. :o

That makes sense to me, except the first time I noticed it, I was 18 years old or sth.. And it keeps happening with that particular hair! None of my other hairs seem to be wanting to get old..:p

Lilli
November 27th, 2011, 07:24 AM
That makes sense to me, except the first time I noticed it, I was 18 years old or sth.. And it keeps happening with that particular hair! None of my other hairs seem to be wanting to get old..:p

Well, some people's head hair turns gray very early, so I imagine it is normal. I bet they'll all catch up eventually...

long&blonde
November 27th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I think it is your first grey hairs. They do come slowly, individually first. I got my first; in my eyebrows,at age 19. I was by then dying my hair blonde myself,so I told myself my brows were matching my hair. Till my 50s,if my hair was blonde;appeared to be blonde brows. 50s on;no more,they look "old" white. They are why I got hooked on salon color for my hair. Big salons (Pelluccis) won't dye your brows:tell you about the law. Neighborhood little salons? Will dye your brows. I've considered going back to coloring my hair myself,but continuing to go to salon for just brows colored? But don't think I'm up for monthly freakouts from my salon stylist. Ohhh,and you Know they'd be coming! Lol! My white eyebrows hold me salon hostage. Lol.

mz_grim
November 27th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I have this same problem but for me its in my right eyebrow just the 1 repettive white hair that I pluck about once every 2 months

ange1ito
November 27th, 2011, 10:29 AM
It definitely sounds like a grey hair, i started getting a couple in my brows and eyelash once i hit 35yrs, i resorted to tinting the brow one's but the one on my lashes i don't mess with!!!

CherrySilver
November 27th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Yessss!!! I have the same problem, except my weird eyebrow hairs come in dark brown, and my eyebrows are light reddish. When I take a lot of my supplements consistently, I will get a few of these in my eyebrows (they come in dark and very long). And, when I've gone back to a more minimal supplement regime, they go back to normal.

In the past when I've gone off of my supplements completely, I've gotten a few white eyebrow hairs (horrors) but haven't seen anything lately as I'm making sure to take my pills.

Earelia
November 27th, 2011, 11:40 AM
My boyfriend had this super long golden colored hair growing out of his eyebrow that I noticed while plucking (yes, he asks me to pluck his brows for him :p) so he just let it go for the longest time and it grew to about 4 times the length of the rest of his brow hairs. Then we plucked it and so far it hasn't come back. And his hair color is a dark brown by the way.

jojo
November 27th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Ive never had a grey hair in my eyebrow but my hubby has one single silver eyelash!

Amber_Maiden
November 27th, 2011, 03:21 PM
My husband has one long reddish blonde hair that grows out of his shoulder... It's like 3-4in long. It's pretty freaky... (I should mention that all the rest of my husband's body hair is black, or dark dark brown. He also has no other hair on his shoulder, or even close to his shoulder).

I don't mind though! The weirder people are, the better, I say! ;)

pinupdancer
November 27th, 2011, 08:36 PM
DBF has this same problem except he has 2 or 3 of them and one of them is black. His eyebrows are brown, too. I don't think it's anything to worry about. :)

Oh and they always grow back when he yanks them out. lol

beccababesx
December 3rd, 2011, 01:07 PM
Lol! All my eyebrows hairs are the same, but there are a few who have decided they don't want to be eyebrow hairs, they want to be DRAGONS :D and like to go at mad directions just to infuriate me.

jesis
December 3rd, 2011, 01:17 PM
It seems to me that your body is trying to take over your siggy pic's persona.

Just kidding, of course, but I do think it's rather odd that you found white hairs on your shoulder. Make me want to check mine.