PDA

View Full Version : I think I found something good...

HintOfMint
November 26th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Last year I tried Nightblooming's Winter Blend Panacea and hated it. My apartment was really cold and it wasn't spreading well, not in wet or dry hair. Also, my hair was so dry and damaged from the winter and I was just looking for some slip which I expected the panacea to provide (which it doesn't.)
So I left it in my drawer, occasionally dabbing it on and not liking the texture and leaving it at that.

Fast forward several months, my roommate introduces me to pure shea butter and, after a try or two, it turns out to work really well in my hair! It was a bit of a fail earlier because I tried to scrunch it in and let it air dry without touching it... frizz central for me. Then I combed it in after washing, and fussed and played with it like I normally do, and it turned out to give me perfectly tamed waves!

Then, I realized I still had the panacea in my drawer which is largely composed of shea butter. So I started using that, this time in a warm room. I spread it over my hair and then combed it, and lo and behold, I have big waves that don't frizz! I can comb and fuss with my hair to my heart's content!

I used to do an oil and damp bun routine, but my hair would still frizz, but not so with the shea butter blend. I think my hair needed just a bit more hold than the oil was giving it. This reminds me of when I used to blowdry my hair with pomade and how much I loved my hair then.

Sorry for the long story, but thought I'd share! I'm so happy I found something that actually gets rid of frizz for me.:cheese:

ericthegreat
November 26th, 2011, 07:22 PM
I'm glad you found a routine that personally works for you. :) And I envy that you actually have hair that is so naturally full and thick that it would frizz out even with an oil + wet bun routine!!! You can put actual shea butter in your hair and that would give you nice waves instead of greasy, flat hair like so many of the the rest of us!

Falcore
November 26th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Oooooh I must try this and I must get some of this panacea that everyone talks about.

Happy you've found a solution for the frizzies - it's always a good thing :D:)

HintOfMint
November 26th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I'm glad you found a routine that personally works for you. :) And I envy that you actually have hair that is so naturally full and thick that it would frizz out even with an oil + wet bun routine!!! You can put actual shea butter in your hair and that would give you nice waves instead of greasy, flat hair like so many of the the rest of us!

Haha, aww thank you! Don't envy me though, this is after 24 years of FLUFF and POOF. I'm just glad for some relief. I've always envied your hair actually, gorgeous, long, straight, with the strength of steel cables!

Oooooh I must try this and I must get some of this panacea that everyone talks about.

Happy you've found a solution for the frizzies - it's always a good thing :D:)

It took a bit of a learning curve for it, I'm glad I kept trying it. It can be sticky for some, and I wish I had known the first time to make sure it's warm before you put it on.
As I've hinted above, my hair is coarse, wavy and a bit wirey so it can handle product with a bit of weight to it.
The winter blend lacks protein and as well as humectants. My hair HATES protein so I haven't tried the other blends. The winter blend also has an extremely fresh pine smell which can be a bit strong for some, but it disappears really quickly.

Hope this helps and hope it works for you!

Amber_Maiden
November 26th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Glad it worked for you! :)

Yozhik
November 26th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Ooh! Great to hear your routine and what works for you. :)

I've been hearing about how awesome the winter blend is all over the place, and I really want to try it out myself now. :D