PDA

View Full Version : Are these two hair facts contradictory?

shikara
November 26th, 2011, 03:13 PM
It is recommended that when you wash your hair, you should only use the pads of yiur fingertips on your scalp, and i know that many people just pour diluted shampoo over their heads; however, when ive watched some scritching videos, ive noticed they can be quite aggressive. I guess im trying to determine the best way to make sure i have cleansed my scalp of debris properly and fully.http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/th_b4293cd4.jpg (http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/?action=view&current=b4293cd4.jpg)

Madora
November 26th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Dr. Michael always advocated washing with the fingerpads, to avoid damage to the scalp.

Amber_Maiden
November 26th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Dr. Michael always advocated washing with the fingerpads, to avoid damage to the scalp.

This is what I do. I also only shampoo my scalp, unless I'm clarifying.

Mairéad
November 26th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I also only use the pads of my fingers. I can't imagine there being anything stuck on my scalp so badly that I'd have to use my nails.

Milui Elenath
November 26th, 2011, 04:24 PM
For myself I only scritch my scalp when it's dry before I wash. When my scalp is wet it seems easier to damage, perhaps I just don't feel how rough I'm being in the warm water or perhaps it's the water itself, I don't know.

When I wash I am very gentle and use only the pads of my fingers. A clean scalp is important to me because I'm water only.

spidermom
November 26th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I squirt shampoo/water solution all over my scalp, then run my fingers in the direction that my hair is lying, usually from forehead toward nape since I most often wash while standing upright in the shower. I pick up my fingers at the nape and bring them back to the forehead area, moved over a fraction of an inch, until I feel that I've stroked my entire scalp.

Sometimes I use my shower comb instead of my fingers.

ravenreed
November 26th, 2011, 05:48 PM
If I have build up on my scalp, I scritch aggressively. For one thing, it is itchy! Otherwise, I wash with the pads of my fingers.