PDA

View Full Version : This has to be a miracle.

uptosomeone
November 26th, 2011, 03:01 PM
On average before my haircut my hair was growing ridiculously slowly, about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch a month at it's longest layer. However, since I got it cut to a nearly blunt hemline two weeks ago it's grown...well, just look:

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z338/uptosomeone/twoweeks.png

I haven't measured, but based on the back of my sweater it's grown over a half an inch. :cheese: Kind of difficult to believe!

(I've had issues in the past with my shirt being put on slightly differently in each picture. I think it's stayed in the same place this time though.)

Monkey962
November 26th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Awesome! My hair seems to be growing quickly right now, too. I measured it a few weeks ago, and it was comfortably 38". Just a couple days ago it seemed to be a bit over 39"! I'll admit I tend to over-measure so it was probably closer to 39", but still that's a lot of growth! I think I must be in a growth spurt, and the fact that one of my best friends started playing with my hair (for hours sometimes) certainly could have something to do with it.

jojo
November 26th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Yes it has grown, I find trimming does help hair with growth, not so much that it stimulates growth but it makes the ends stronger so you get to keep every mm you grow. I trimmed to a blunt hem on the 11th bringing me back to 30" and I am now at 30.5".

It looks like you have had more than a half inch, its great when this happens!

catamonica
November 26th, 2011, 04:22 PM
My hair has grown half an inch from one inch past my waist
Because I wear a braided bun most of the time. 2010 it stopped growing. So I hope it grows some more. And I hope your hair gets really long. Try horse shampoo from wall mart. It helped my hair grow fourteen inches in 2009.

Amber_Maiden
November 26th, 2011, 04:24 PM
WOW! Awesome! Congrats! :D

Annibelle
November 26th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Amazing growth! :)

spidermom
November 26th, 2011, 05:17 PM
That is fabulous! I'm so happy for you.

My hair grows best when it gets regular trims, too.

Egana
November 26th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Amazing!

Straight hair can be so gratifying as it grows! And the color is so pretty! Enjoy your hair!

Falcore
November 26th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Fantastic growth! Thank you for sharing :)

Alex Lou
November 26th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Maybe I shouldn't say (I don't like to be negative when you're so happy), but it doesn't appear that there's a big difference in the length in the photos. In the photo on the right, you are closer to the camera which makes your whole head, and hair, appear longer. And the sweater does appear to be hanging differently. You can see the curve of the collar in the left photo, but not in the right. I would suggest altering the size of the photos so that you line up the top of your head and the top of your shoulders. Then we'd really be able to see.

Happy measuring. :)

Alex Lou
November 26th, 2011, 07:10 PM
I went ahead and did it for you:
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n461/julieandcandy/twoweeks.png

uptosomeone
November 26th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Maybe I shouldn't say (I don't like to be negative when you're so happy), but it doesn't appear that there's a big difference in the length in the photos. In the photo on the right, you are closer to the camera which makes your whole head, and hair, appear longer. And the sweater does appear to be hanging differently. You can see the curve of the collar in the left photo, but not in the right. I would suggest altering the size of the photos so that you line up the top of your head and the top of your shoulders. Then we'd really be able to see.

Happy measuring. :)

I went ahead and did it for you:
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n461/julieandcandy/twoweeks.png

That's funny because I did go into photoshop, put one layer on 50% opacity, and measure of my shoulders and the top of my head to try get them as close to being the same as I could. It should be fairly close to real life, even if my sweater is slightly differently placed on my body. :shrug: Thank you anyway, though!

Alex Lou
November 26th, 2011, 07:27 PM
That's funny because I did go into photoshop, put one layer on 50% opacity, and measure of my shoulders and the top of my head to try get them as close to being the same as I could. It should be fairly close to real life, even if my sweater is slightly differently placed on my body. Maybe you accidentally posted the original instead of the one where you lined them up? :shrug: The difference in your shoulder height in the photos you posted is very obvious with the naked eye.

uptosomeone
November 26th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Maybe you accidentally posted the original instead of the one where you lined them up? :shrug: The difference in your shoulder height in the photos you posted is very obvious with the naked eye.

Who knows? Stranger things have happened!:p