PDA

View Full Version : - How to straighten a fringe/bang without heat ?

RedheadMistress
November 26th, 2011, 12:36 PM
- My fringe is like chin length, like a side bang and I want to make it straighter than my hair naturally is . For an entire head I do wrapping which works like a charm and makes all my hair smoother and straighter but I can't really wrap that little bit of hair . . Will be having dreads in the rest of the hair and want a straight fringe .

Tried making a big braid to keep it less curly but ofc it has the braidpattern and it's hard to get rid of . . Tried putting different things in the hair to make it heavier with products but it didnt work either . .

Any tips for chin length side fringe ?

coffinhert
November 26th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I would brush it with a BBB while it's damp, so it's smooth, then as it's drying constantly smooth it down with your fingers. Hold it at the roots between your thumb and forefinger, and run your hand smoothly down the length, pulling it taught. Repeat every 10 mins or so until it's dry.

sbhonda
November 26th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I used to use a really big velcro roller (3" I think) while my hair was drying. It didn't work perfectly, but my hair was really damaged and heat was not an option, so it worked well enough. Sometimes I just bobby pin that hair back so it's smooth against my head, and let it dry like that.

Orangerthanred
November 26th, 2011, 12:55 PM
I have a chinlength 'side bang'. I have really big rollers, like 2 inch wide rollers, so I roll my hair when it's damp to make it quite straight.

jojo
November 26th, 2011, 02:13 PM
mines now just below nose and I just clip it to the side when its wet and just let it dry...thats it for me!

jacqueline101
November 26th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I'd say smooth it with a brush and keep it smooth as it dries.

Yozhik
November 26th, 2011, 03:01 PM
I used to pin by bangs back with bobby pins (just try not to make creases in the hair. That seemed to work for me. :)

jaine
November 26th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Part & comb your damp hair and put a little bit of gel in it, then put it in a bun and let it dry ... the front of your hair including your fringe will dry first and it will be smoother and straighter than a blowout.
The back of the hair will probably still be wet when you take it down ... I haven't figured out that part yet! :)

Rebeccalaurenxx
November 26th, 2011, 05:20 PM
My bangs are naturally straight, so I never have this problem xD

Alex Lou
November 26th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I used to pin by bangs back with bobby pins (just try not to make creases in the hair. That seemed to work for me. :)I do this. I use a large, curved hairpin to pin it while it's wet. I pin it back on my head and at a slight angle to the side that I want it to go. Once it's dry, I take it out and it's fairly straight with a slight curve. I'm not sure that it will work on OP's bangs though since they are longer than mine.

beccababesx
December 3rd, 2011, 01:05 PM
Depending on how long it is, use a big velcro roller. This is good if it's cheekbone length or longer like yours, but if it's above your eyebrows you might end up with a fringe at right angles to your head lol!

Anywhere
December 3rd, 2011, 02:24 PM
I have managed to "wrap" my bangs. Just brush them against my head and pin in place. It's really not hard or troublesome to do that IMO :shrug:

I also try twisting and pinning it to the side while wet. It ends up with a bit of a curl in it but it stays off to the side.
I second Jaine's idea of using gel, but maybe comb it straight since you want dreads and it may be a bother to bun that all together. Keep combing it every so often until dry.

When I had nose-length bangs I would take my fingers and clamp them on the bangs and pull it straight, like a flat iron would. This worked well at keeping them pretty decent looking after going to the water park last summer.

jennyjukes
December 3rd, 2011, 02:38 PM
mines now just below nose and I just clip it to the side when its wet and just let it dry...thats it for me!
i do this but for extra volume i comb it wet to the other side that i normally falls at. then when dry i just brush it back :)