PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Hair Resolutions!!

shikara
November 25th, 2011, 11:41 PM
I cant be the only one who's trying to clarify what their hair resolutions will be in the coming new year! Mine is really going to start tomorrow - for one year I want to apply my scalp tonic regularly (luckily there is a woman in my city who sells essential oils in tiny amounts, so getting four or five more won't break the bank. Ill probably want to hug her when i leave :cheese:) and monitor the results with monthly pics. Maintain current length. Cant wait to mix the tonic!!
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/th_208958cc.jpg (http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/?action=view&current=208958cc.jpg)

Amarante
November 26th, 2011, 12:14 AM
I want to make at least one, but I'm not sure yet what. :/ Something to mull over till the new year, I suppose... :hmm:

HazyMoon
November 26th, 2011, 12:44 AM
My goals:

Monthly Henndigo :cool:, oiling of ends, monthly progress photo, fix dandruff problems! wear hair in different parts (not just my diagonal that I've had for 3+ years), no trims or cuts either.

hototogisu
November 26th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Keep up my vitamin regime. Learn new buns. Perfect my whipped coconut oil. Wear hair up/braided 4+ days a week.

Magsi
November 26th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Treat my hair kindly and let it grow long.

Ceridwen Iris
November 26th, 2011, 03:22 AM
i'm going to try to care what my hair looks like more of the time. I'm and 'wack it back in a ponytail' kind of girl and I'm trying to branch out into 'do-s' and even wearing it down!

Firefly River
November 26th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Oiling it at least once a week with either virgin coconut oil or virgin olive oil (or both)

Putting it up and styling it more instead of letting it just hang 24/7

Sleeping with it up in a bun (or a better method if I find one)

Using a better shampoo and conditioner all year - I used renpure organic's for about half a year then when buying a new bottle of it, the store happened to be selling the old edition which had silicone (which had been omitted in the newer version) which really made my hair flat and plasticy-feeling, so I was so desperate to have hair that at least felt and looked residue-free and would remove the sticky cone, and that happened to come with an old bottle of chemical-full 2-in-one shampoo+conditioner pantene, so yeah, I need to go back to the less harsh shampoo and conditioner that leave my hair feeling soft and not removed of all healthy oils.

No applied heat (aside from washing water) at all, including blow-driers, straighteners and curling irons (which for some reason I've been dipping into more now that it's winter and I just want to get dry and warm once out of the shower). More rag-curls and braid waves for me.

Oksana
November 26th, 2011, 04:34 AM
I will be keeping up last years resolution of no heat styling and no shampoo but I haven't yet decided between these 2:

1. Trimming off my growth each month for 6 months to even up my hemline, then grow to waist.

OR

2. No trimming for 6 months (when i should reach waist) and then maintain at that point until an even hemline.

Can't decide :(:confused::(

Nadiner
November 26th, 2011, 06:20 AM
I have a couple. Some I haven't decided yet. ):

1) Do measuring and picture update every two months, as I feel I do this far to often and obsess about growth.

2) Avoid any trimming until June 2012, making it a year since I have got it cut last.

3) Be religious with my Daktarin treatments.

4) Cut back on the use of heat tools.

5) Do deep moisturising treatments more regularly.

I'm sure I'll think of a few more by the time 2012 rolls round ;)

rock007junkie
November 26th, 2011, 06:36 AM
These I already do but will keep:
-Monthly henna
-Weekly oilings
-hair up 90% of the time
-Taking my vitamins everyday

New resolution
Not cutting my hair this upcoming year....or at least until I reach waist

skyblue
November 26th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Try not to obsess is number one lol!!!
I have a little problem with that! :rolleyes:
And just being as gentle as possible

Mayflower
November 26th, 2011, 06:51 AM
- Growing to hip, then maintaining there until I get an even U-hemline
- Regular S&D and maybe a light microtrim every now and then
- In the weekends when I don't need to be anywhere: oil my hair with coconut oil and wear it in a single braid until I need to wash it again
- Scalp massages 2/3x a week!
- Taking daily multivitamins and maybe combine it with a hair-supplement

Most of these things I'm already doing, but I want to keep up with it. I always forget about scalpmassages and vitamins, so that's something I want to work on.

Yozhik
November 26th, 2011, 06:58 AM
I haven't really thought about this, but I supposed I'll keep up with a year of no-trimming (which means my next trim will be in February).

Other than that, I want to:
1) grow my hair to hip (or hip+)
2) fiddle around with hemlines or possibly loooong layers
3) figure out which length from BSL+ to Hip+ looks and feels best for me, then maintain at that length

I think that's it for now! :)

scorpion-queen
November 26th, 2011, 07:07 AM
No cuttage.

sbhonda
November 26th, 2011, 07:41 AM
I really have one main goal that encompasses a lot of things: treat my hair well enough that I don't need trims. I definitely want to be able to go at least 6 months between trims, but if my hair needs a trim, it'll get it. This will probably mean minimal heat styling, no dye (I've been all sorts of colors for 5 years and get strong urges to dye, this could be tough, but I want to see my natural color), keep stretching washes to ~4 days, trying CO-washing. I'm sure I'll think of other things. Once I can put my hair up more easily I think everything will be easier.

NymphSpirit
November 26th, 2011, 08:04 AM
I'm going to quit using store products and start using sodium bicarbonate as shampoo and "brewing" my very own conditioner, sticking up with oil twice a week, henna once a week for a month and then every two weeks, and finally no cutting, only microtrimming if it's really needed :D

(Oh, and getting more hair toys and wearing it up at least 5 days a week :) )

Copasetic
November 26th, 2011, 08:06 AM
I want to use shea butter more often. My hair loves it but sometimes I am way too lay to put it on.

moon2dove
November 26th, 2011, 08:40 AM
1. To carry on with taking more care of my hair is the most important one.
2. No trims in 2012

Hoping for healthy, happy, long hair in 2012 :)

Kristin
November 26th, 2011, 08:52 AM
1. Pretty satisfied with my length, so I think I'll be basically maintaining (maybe gaining or chopping about 2").
2. Wear it up more. I've been very naughty. ;)
3. Continue and increase scalp massages. I was doing them every night, but I'm down to maybe twice per week and I'd like to get back to my old schedule. They feel sooooooo good!

pinupdancer
November 26th, 2011, 09:04 AM
1. Continue with the daily vitamins.
2. Oil at least once a week.
3. Wear my hair up or back most of the week, and every night to bed.
4. Microtrim now and then.

layla<33
November 26th, 2011, 09:06 AM
1.) Grow! Grow! Grow! Until may and cut back to Waist (hopefully I wont chicken out just because i'll be two inches away from hip) For a more even hemline and to get rid of most of my layers
2.) Grow out to hip where I will maintain until all dye has left the premises ;)

Amber_Maiden
November 26th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Get to TBL, but pay attention to my ends if they get damaged. Rather have healthy looking long hair, then just long hair. :p Also, pay more attention while combing! be more gentle!

giuditta
November 26th, 2011, 09:12 AM
1. STOP OBSESSING WITH HAIRGROWTH :cool:
2. Keep on oiling every week
3. Keep on hennaing every month
4. Stop using heat when it's long enough to look ok
5. Find the perfect vitamines and take them faithfully (any tips?)

GrowingGlory
November 26th, 2011, 09:22 AM
1 - No more hair cuts
2 - Maintain easy and effective routine

jacqueline101
November 26th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Do my daily oiling do my monistat wear my hair up treat my hair to hair toys and take my vitamins and wish for the best

going gray
November 26th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Once and for all, no more haircuts!

Aerin
November 26th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I'm with going_gray...I just need to not become enamored of a bob =).

I'm hoping to gain enough length (maybe BSL by May?) so that I can really expand my updo selection. Really coveting hairtoys at this point...and I'd like to be able to use them!

vanillabones
November 26th, 2011, 10:48 AM
My 2012 hair resolutions...

DO NOT BUY ANY CONDITIONER :) I have enough to last until 2013 I am sure.... more than sure.
Grow to armpit length!

I'll keep it with those two =) I did fine not heat styling at all this year. I got rid of my blowfrier and straightener when I joined LHC.

aisha.christine
November 26th, 2011, 11:42 AM
-Get to at least APL. (3.5 inches away. YAY)
-micro-trim.
-keep taking vitamins
-start being more diligent about scalp massages and oilings.
-be more diligent about wearing my hair up at night. (I hate this one :()

Ice~Cold~Wind
November 26th, 2011, 12:44 PM
My resolution: Stop negelcting my hair out of laziness. It needs some TLC.
I'd also like to get back into oiling my ends and learn some new braids!! I can't even do a simple english braid without help. I'm so pathetic! :P

summerjade
November 26th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Not to trim so often. Maybe 1 inch twice in 2012 should do it. Not to be as obsessive as I have been in the past about my growth. Not to buy so many shampoos and conditioners this year.( I have enough now to last a lifetime). LOL!

jrk
November 26th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Well, I haven't gotten smart enough on here yet to know of any good treatments!
1) continue with daily argan oil
2) only use heat when I have to and even then, blow dryer on cool just to finish the drying so I don't freeze!
3) hope I can be to APL by 2013!

Orangerthanred
November 26th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Hmmm...

-Grow out most of my relaxer by the end of next year
-Never use heat
-Reach waist length by the end of next year
-S&D once a week instead of every day

ArienEllariel
November 26th, 2011, 01:17 PM
1. no trims ( I want to grow fairytale ends if possible)
2. monthly if not more deep treatments.

Yame
November 26th, 2011, 02:55 PM
1. Keep doing what I've been doing this year... taking good care of my hair and wearing it up most of the time.
2. Keep learning a new updo every few weeks!
3. Get to TB by the end of the year (probably not gonna happen).
4. Get my bangs to hip length by the end of the year.
5. Figure out a way to darken my hair naturally.

Ice~Cold~Wind
November 26th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I almost forgot to add like others are: deep treatments for sure!:D

catamonica
November 26th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I wear a braided bun six days a week. I read that it promtes growth & stops split ends. I
hope in 2012 that it gets longer from an inch past my waist. Will see.

jojo
November 26th, 2011, 04:14 PM
I plan in 2012 to

trim every 6 months, my next trim in May.

lightly oil ends daily (do this anyway!)
Keep hair up more
only wash twice a week (just gone back to this)
hopefully will get to hip, though this lies in the hands of my genetic growth pattern!

Really apart from the above, I shall just continue to grow and look after my hair the best I can. Ive done a lot of trimming in 2011 for a better hemline and I succeeded, 2012 is my grow as much as I can year!

Annibelle
November 26th, 2011, 05:34 PM
:) Wonderful thread!

1. Thicken my hemline-- not yet sure if I'm going to continue doing this by maintaining at WL or by chopping to BSL...

2. Find other uses for old shampoos and conditioners and NOT buy more, except from the line I'm using now. (Hehe... but I'm getting a shampoo bar for myself for Christmas...)

3. Regularly use cassia.

4. Stretch washes to once per week.

tori93
November 27th, 2011, 06:01 AM
1. NO straighteners EVER.. this will be hard, i get tempted to use them just to see my hair at it's longest.
2. try to wash hair every 3 days rather than 2
3. NO DYE EVER AGAIN!!!
4. most important is to forget about hair and just wear it up, if you keep looking at it constantly you won't notice it grow and it is pointless to do this.

Monkie
November 27th, 2011, 06:07 AM
1. Use up my stash - it's not a lot, but I don't like clutter.
2. No trims - at least not til trimming it would even me out to all one length at shoulder.
3. Regular coconut oil.

kielrain
November 27th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Let's see.

1. Treat hair gentle.
2. Slowly trim out layers, not all will be gone by the end of 2012
3. Reach APL
4. Regular scalp massage... I love these, need to get back to doing them.

There may be more I want to add, but I like to add things just a little at a time.

Tota
November 27th, 2011, 08:04 AM
1. Not go to the salon.
2. Microtrim my hair only every 4 months.
3. Wear hair up more frequently.
4. Not buy any more hair care products untill I use up at least half of what I got now.
5. Reach waist by the end of 2012.

pressedflowers
November 27th, 2011, 09:26 AM
1. Don't straighten at all in 2012. I sometimes give in to pressure from people who like to see my hair straight (and I do like the length it gives me!)... but I am determined to go the year without straightening! This is my highest priority resolution.

2. Try henna to hopefully get a dark red going. (Have this planned for January/February.) If my hair's too dark to go red, I'm going to try honey lightening then henna.

3. Continue with multi-vitamins and co-washing.

4a. Try to give a crap about what my hair looks like on a daily basis... :rolleyes: pick a style in the morning and leave it that way - no more in and out of buns and ponies all day.
4b. Buy some hairtoys and learn an updo! :)

5. Learn to French/Dutch braid.

6. Aaaand, reach waist length! I'm just below BSL now, so hopefully it will grow six inches next year and that will put me at waist. Then about another six inches in 2013 and I'll be at TBL :) :D

silverjen
November 27th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Just one: Stop cutting!
Well, and use conditioner more frequently. But not cutting is the biggie.

Demetrue
November 27th, 2011, 11:26 AM
1. No BLEACH!!!
2. Only microtrims until the bleach damage is full removed, then
3. No more cuts for a very long time!

Earelia
November 27th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Stop trimming and find a routine that really works for my hair. =)

CastaDiva
November 27th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Keep up the good work that has done wonders for my hair this year:)

ladycaladium
November 27th, 2011, 01:00 PM
To keep taking my vitamins and supplements that, although aren't taken for my hair, seem to help it grow! Also to eat better (again, not exactly for my hair, but my hair benefits from it)

No coloring this year. Yes, the blue streaks were fun but I'm done with that now.

Protect my hair better.

Learn and do some pretty updos so that I look "done" instead of the "rolled out of bed, slapped a braid or a bun in my hair and stumbled into work/school" look I've been doing lately.

rach
November 27th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I want to use shea butter more often. My hair loves it but sometimes I am way too lay to put it on.

might join you on this one.

Goal to keep growing and keep the moisture and oil levels up :D

papera
November 27th, 2011, 03:22 PM
My 2012 hair resolutions:

reach tbl (need another 5-7cm // 2-3 inches)
keep up the microtrimming every 3 months
keep up my current hair care routine as it seems to work:)
learn more updo's and braiding styles
enjoy my hair :D

DarkBeauty
November 27th, 2011, 03:22 PM
- No more dying
- let it grow with frequent end trimmings
- Be healthier to hopefully stop the mad shed
- Try different oil treatments once a month
- Not as much straightening
- Hope for the best!

Rebeccalaurenxx
November 27th, 2011, 03:39 PM
1. No heat ever again. (Ive done well so far and havent used heat in 4 or more months.)
2. No color ever again. (Been good with that too, havent colored in awhile either.)
3. Use the MN when I am supposed too.
4. Stop picking at my scalp and touching my hair in general.
5. Just be more gentle and nice to my hair and hopefully ill hit BSL/waist by the end of 2012. :)

jujube
November 27th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Gentle detangling! and wearing my hair down more often.

battles
November 27th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Get past APL.
Learn new updos and braids as my hair reaches new lengths.
Refrain from any major coloring. D:
Find a method that produces nice, frizz free wurlies.
Start S&Ding.

sarah061
November 27th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Hair Resolutions:

-Wear it up at least half of each week
-Find some new go-to styles that I love
-No salon cuts until I reach waist! Then I'll assess the state of damage and trim accordingly.

:) I think I'll be at the top of waist by March :cheese:

allycat
November 27th, 2011, 08:29 PM
My 2012 is not to micro-trim as frequently.

I really love it and find it a little addicting, but instead of monthly I plan to stretch it out to every 2 or 3 months instead.

KwaveT
November 27th, 2011, 08:56 PM
My 2012 resolutions include:

Keep up my vitamin regime as it has helped growth.
Treat my hair more gently to reduce shedding.
Gain enough length to be able to put my hair up some.
Learn to quite touching my hair so much, bad habit.
Learn to enjoy the journey and quite obsessing.
Finally get oily hair under better control.
Reach APL by the end of the year.

Ermine
November 27th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Goals:
all one length at chin or longer ( grow out all pixie layers/bangs).
grow out all colored hair
baby my hair so there's as few splits as possible so as few trims as possible.

racrane
November 27th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Mine include:

Oil the ends more
Try new updo's
Hopefully reach waist by Christmas 2012 so I can then start trimming my layers away!

:D

akilina
November 27th, 2011, 11:32 PM
In the event of a zombie apocalypse I will be shaving my head.
other than that i think my biggest thing would be to try to wear my hair up mostly every day and not style it with heat tools since im already doing everything else that i can for it.

missoj
November 27th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Waist length hair, and once there, maintain and get rid of old colour. Also to get a failproof way of heat free curling. Sock bunning just doesn't work for me.

RachieBaby
November 29th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Mine are:
- try and go completely CO
- try to stretch trims to every 4 months
- get more hair toys!

I will carry on everything els I'm already doing at the moment too! Im hoping i'll reach waist by the end of 2012.

Vanille_
November 29th, 2011, 06:09 AM
My 2012 Goals:
- No more than two trims in the year unless otherwise needed.
- Learn more styles, especially new braids.
- Stop obsessing. Just enjoy.

Pixie0763
November 29th, 2011, 06:17 AM
I only have one ... refrain from getting impatient & whacking my hair off short again. I'll add more goals when I have more hair. :o

Lize
November 29th, 2011, 06:42 AM
I will try to keep up some of the good things I have started this year, and the good things I have been doing for years. :)

I will try to keep my hair up almost every day, and I will try to braid it every night for sleep.

I will only trim twice in 2012, and the dates are already decided. I will do small trims at these occasions, just to even things up.

I will continue the stretching of washes I have started this year. I will wash every four days and stretch another day if I can in 2012.

I will continue CO washing with occasional shampoos when my scalp needs it. Not more often than once a month though.

Of course I will celebrate my two year anniversary with no dye in August. :)

QMacrocarpa
November 29th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Resolutely continue with benign neglect. :D

Gothchiq
November 29th, 2011, 06:52 AM
I, too, need to be more diligent about applying my scalp tonic. I buy mine though, it's the Organic Root Stimulator brand, product name is Scalp Fertilizer. I loooove their products.

xoxo
gothchiq

Jesabel
November 29th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Okay!

- Hit waist and then maintain to get rid of damage/dye
- No hair colouring (allowing the 6 wash Live colours evert now and again as they only colour outside of hair and completely wash out)
- Oil treatment once a week and coconut oil on ends every day
- Braid every night for bed/up most of the time
- aaand very limited heat styling! I won't completely cut it out, so I'm not tormented or whatever if I want to do it. I don't see the harm (for me) to straighten with protectant once every few months for a special occasion.

And that's about it! A lot I've started doing already so it's just maintaining it and making it a solid part of my routine :D

Hairwish
November 29th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Wear it up 5 days/week..and to use the flat iron just 3 times the whole year.

sibiryachka
November 29th, 2011, 11:11 AM
No trims until I'm 1" past waist length, so that when I trim I will still be at First Goal Length. No way I'm willing to get there, then go back!

XcaliburGirl
November 29th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Resolutions for 2012:
- No chopping short (trims, shaping/layers allowed)
- Benign Neglect: Stick to my routine and avoid experiments, try not to obsess.
- Avoid the daily ponytail/updo in favor of down.

maborosi
November 29th, 2011, 01:15 PM
My 2012 Hair Resolutions/Goals:

~Don't use permanent hair dyes at all, sticking to semi-permanent instead.
~Hit 35" by next December :cheese:
~Learn how to do a French braid that doesn't look like it was sucked through a vacuum

~maborosi~

blondie9912
November 29th, 2011, 05:35 PM
-Keep growing by benign neglect
-Kudos on finally being over the initial 'newbie obsession' phase, keep it up
-Every 2 months, microtrim my longest layer about 1/4 inch until my layers blend more
-No straightening/curling! Except for prom...and grad photos...and new years :p
-Don't brush my hair too often to try to reduce shedding
-Reward myself in June by going to get a trim/shaping at my favourite hairdresser (right before graduation)

McFearless
November 29th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I would love to fully transition to WO. Right now my hair looks scary but I'm sticking to it!

natnatsmama
November 29th, 2011, 09:05 PM
My goal is to reach tailbone length and even out my hemline. I have tons of layers that I am so sick of!

RapunzelKat
November 29th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Well, now that I have had time to read through some of the great info on LHC, I am starting to get an idea what I'm going to want to do in the new year :) I'm trying to get a head start as I learn new things.

1) Learn new methods to take care of my hair to prevent split ends and minimize the need to trim BUT make sure and get my trims when I need them! (I'm pretty sure I'm going to start with oiling, but I'm still learning :D)

2) Give up my Sun-In and give honey lightening a try to maintain the color I like.

3) Vary my hairstyles more to protect my hair. I wear a braid to keep it protected, but I'm in a bit of a style rut, which I know isn't good for it!

A. Correira
November 29th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I want to let my hair grow, grow, grow! I want to keep it well moisturized and to love the way I look no matter what length my hair is. I want my long hair back but I want it to be healthy and beautiful instead of just going for lots of length!

marioma
November 30th, 2011, 01:39 AM
No to flat iron and heat ! taking vitamins and a better care of my health .

Rhodugune
November 30th, 2011, 06:46 AM
I though I took rather good care of my hair, until a joined LHC a couple of months ago and I did, at least compare to other people I know.

At leaat I was co-ing, used no heat or styling products, but I brushed my hair with a real hair-ripper, didn't put it up that often or at night and many more thoughtless things I'm embarressed to say... :o

So my resoltion is to continue treat my hair well, not just this yearand I also will see if it's possible to skip the trimming for a while, to gain some extra length.

It's so great to see it responed so quickly to the changes I made, I'm so glad I didn't go any longer not knowing how to take good care of my long hair.
It's pretty amzing that it have looked quite good, despite it's maltreatment.

kittykat86
December 1st, 2011, 10:15 AM
2012 Hair Resolutions:
1. Get to MBL by Christmas
2. No trims if possible
3. Buy some nice hair toys and get away from ponytail holders
4. Learn how to braid and learn new buns
5. Learn about oiling hair and henna

Nuin
December 1st, 2011, 11:22 AM
As I've just bought my first bit of jojoba oil and have a boar's bristle brush in the post to me, my resolutions are to brush it well and oil for the couple of days before washing (currently every 4-5 days).

My hair seems about 5-6" a year after trims so I could leave it uncut and grow it faster, but it gets very straggly and bitty if I do that, so micro trims are also on the cards :)

Automne
December 1st, 2011, 11:51 AM
- S&D only; I've been trimming a lot this year and didnt gain much length.
- Wearing up daily.
- Stop measuring all the time, be patient.

Ishje
December 1st, 2011, 12:09 PM
1) reach classic (probably by July)
2) thicken up ends
3) learn more hairstyles
4) eat more healthy foods

AngelDella
December 1st, 2011, 12:14 PM
My goal for 2012 is to do everything I can to reach waist by Christmas 2012...no trims, no heat styling, no highlights, eat healthy, exercise, take vitamins.

Lissandria
December 1st, 2011, 03:31 PM
1) Stop stocking up on stuff I already am in excess of (conditioner anyone?)
2) Stop micro-trimming every singe month cut down to every two or three months. S+D instead.
3) get to BSL or close by the end of the year

ladylovecraft
December 1st, 2011, 04:25 PM
Since I'm graduating nursing school in two weeks and already have a job lined up, I'll be able to focus more on hair... and anything other than studying, really.

I've been heat-free forever, and have recently become a henna convert. So my new years hair goals are:

~ Maintain henna as often as possible until desired color is achieved
~ Drink PLENTY of rooibos tea daily
~ Take biotin daily
~ Only ever sleep with hair bound somehow. I slip up at this sometimes :/
~ Limit hair purchases. I have a giant container of coconut oil. I'm going to allow myself to buy ONE hair toy that I've had planned for the new year, and a full size of Nightblooming's standard panacea as my sample is running out and then that's it for hair, other than henna for the year. Too many hair toys!!
~ Take a monthly hair photo on the 1st of every month
~ Give myself a small trim once I reach waist. I haven't trimmed properly in ages. Probably only 1/2" or an 1" though.
~ Wash hair 2x a week, once with a post-SMT.
~ Give MN another try, but maintain it strictly when I do

I think that's it.

French Braider
December 1st, 2011, 05:24 PM
Here goes:
-Oil hair with 50/50 Castor oil and EVOO every once to twice a week for hair growth.
-Mini trims as needed for some split ends.
-Monthly measuring as well as taking a picture.
-And hopefully reach midback or waist by the end of 2012.

owlathena
December 1st, 2011, 06:56 PM
Wear it up more
Use up my stash
Take vitamins

Grow!

Tbl by Dec 2012!

Fairytale
December 1st, 2011, 07:35 PM
1. Post some pics

2. Try new and diff. hair styles

3. Oil more often

4. Let it grow , let it grow , be happy

Cirafly24
December 1st, 2011, 07:39 PM
I'm going to trim 1/2 my growth each month to start thickening up my hemline. I thought about just maintaining for the year, but honestly, I can't bear to stop growing ;).

laceyfairy
December 1st, 2011, 07:41 PM
No scissors! Also learn how to do proper buns and use hair toys.

HintOfMint
December 1st, 2011, 10:29 PM
I'm going to stop losing spin pins, hair ties and hair scissors. Not quite a hair resolution like everyone else, but I keep losing these things and I hate spending money to replace them! The worst is when I can't find my spin pins for the life of me and as soon as I buy a new pack, I find my old ones. Blah...

Creatureling
December 1st, 2011, 10:37 PM
1. No more sleeping on loose hair! (This'll be a toughie...)
2. Weekly ACV rinse
3. Wear hair up in something other than a ponytail more often
4. No new hairtoys until March
5. Reach waist by 2013

Falcore
December 1st, 2011, 10:48 PM
. No heat
. Micro trim every couple of months

sarahramen
December 9th, 2011, 12:17 PM
*microtrim every month
* wear hair up/braided to bed
*keep caring for hair (oiling, henna, CO washing, deep treatments etc.)
* start doing scalp massages more frequently (with or without oil)
*make it to at least hip length
*finish hairstyle sketchbook (and actually WEAR said styles)
*Don't buy new ____ until you have used up all of the old ____
* learn to scalp only wash

Clytemnestra
December 9th, 2011, 02:20 PM
I've been slacking off this year on my once a week SMT, so that is definitely first on my resolution list.

Leisje
December 9th, 2011, 02:41 PM
My resolution:
>Do my final big chop to remove the last of the henna that is in my hair.
I'll finally have virgin hair and be able to start growing it LONG.
>Treat gently, and wear in updo's often.
>Continue with shampoo bars because they are awesome.
>Invest in quality hairtoys.

MoreWhenNuh
December 9th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Stop chemically dyeing my hair!! I'm going to go 3 or 4 months with no dye and then try to hendigo my roots to match the rest of my hair. Hopefully all goes well and I'll never chemically dye my hair again!

Liene
December 9th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Great topic!

1) Not cutting it for the 3th year in a row
2) S&D if I need to
3) Only CO, exept for removing possible build-up
4) Use more oils
5) Braid it when I go to bed, keep it braided when I'm at home
6) Keep up with the vitamins, they work!

A, 7th, that goes in the 'maybe' file: use Daktarin to stimulate growth, but I don't quite know yet.

Good luck everybody!

Floodman
December 9th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Mines are;

1)Transition to an all organic and natural hair and skincare regime!
2)No trims! ;)
3)Reach shoulder at least :eyebrows:
4)Handle it with a more gentle hand
5)1 month 1 picture
6)Stretch washes- from 3 days to 4 days

I think they're all reasonable ;)

oktobergoud
December 9th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I guess mine is very simple:

Not buying any more hair products!! Okay that's going to be impossible, but I do honestly think I have enough stash for well.. maybe not a year but at least half a year! It's crazy :P

And trim less!

Loviatar
December 9th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Beat depression and improve my general health/eating habits.
Take vitamins along with healthy diet.
Drink more tea and water.
Grow out my natural colour now I've cut off all the damage.
Never impulse-cut again.

Charybdis
December 9th, 2011, 04:55 PM
No heat.

No dye.

Put hair up in braids for sleep at least 4-5 nights a week.

Oil at least once a week.

Remember to take my vitamins more often.

Trim every 6 months and don't succumb to the siren song of the chin-length bob.

I'm hoping that I'll be well past BSL by the end of 2012 and then can finish cutting off the last of the dyed portion of my hair. (The highlights actually look OK growing out, but the treated strands are much more prone to splits.)

Happy growing in 2012!

lm119
December 10th, 2011, 12:23 AM
My goal is to reach wl:).

sunshine-locks
December 10th, 2011, 01:20 AM
My resolutions for next year:
1) No more hair dye!
2) No more cutting! it's short as it is :P

naturegirl321
December 10th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Wear hair up
stop over oiling
wash twice a week
mayo once a week
henna once a month
no trims

Mopolop
December 10th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Get a trim to get rid of all the split ends that have appeared :( Undecided about whether I should stop trimming next year, I'll see how my hair copes.
Only straighten my hair a max of 3 times next year - bday, after exams party and graduation.
Stretch washes to every 2/3 days, instead of everyday. Or, go to the gym everyday (yeah right).
Try and do more hot oil treatments. I normally use (a tiny amount of) olive oil as a leave in on my ends and to calm my scalp, always forget to warm it up and put it in before washing.
Drink more water. Not hair related, but I know I should do it.

Jing
December 10th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Start doing weekly deep treatments again.
Try cassia.
Make fiancÚ do a S&D on me since my hair isn't long enough for me to do it myself.

dwell_in_safety
December 10th, 2011, 10:34 AM
1. No shampoo use. Hair is finally fully adjusted 8+ weeks in, and I don't want to give up this quality for anything.
2. No detangling when wet
3. No plastic brush use, not once
4. Hair up five days a week minimum (right now I'm keeping it up two months in a row, to see if the quality improves)
5. No going back to trichotillomania. Let my crazy coarse, wiry, and thick hairs grow out.

Floodman
December 10th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Beat depression and improve my general health/eating habits.

Good luck with that! :thumbsup:

door72067
December 10th, 2011, 08:45 PM
~cut 6" (I'm about 24"-ish now, roughly APL for me) off on New year's Eve and not cut again until 12-31-12 (at least another 6") and so on until I am a 100&#37; dye-free virgin

I have decided to give up all hair color and embrace my silver

~study LHC for the best ways to care for my hair so I can grow it to waist-length (about 32" on me)

Rilig
December 10th, 2011, 08:53 PM
1: Wear my hair up at least 3 times a week.
2. Oil hair tips daily.
3. Stretch my washes back to once a week, like when I had dreadlocks. (My hair was so happy :D )
4. Find some new up 'dos.
5. Get a small pair of hair scissors and start S&D.
6. Weasel my way out of (hopefully) all hair trimmings.
7: Learn to English, Dutch, and French braid my own hair.

Nynaeve
December 11th, 2011, 03:06 AM
My resolutions for my hair?

1. Be gentle
2. Fewer ponytails
3. Better night-time care
4. Find better things for application, nothing ever works.
5. Make my scalp happier
6. Let it grow.

Snug
December 11th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Hairwise... to do something interesting with my hair.. I always wear it down

maria_tasha
December 11th, 2011, 03:40 AM
1. Never sleep with my hair down
2. Try different hairstyles
3. No cuts in 2012
4. cover my hair during summer

catnip
December 11th, 2011, 05:21 AM
1) Wear up more
2) Be gentle
3) Stop shedding as much as possible
4) Put henna on them
5) Keep them in a good condition

SopphireGem
December 11th, 2011, 05:39 AM
1) Stop using shampoo with sulfates
2) Shampoo hair every 3 days rather than every 2 days
3) Oil my hair reguarly
4) Use shampoo/conditioner with plenty of natural ingredients
5) Let it grow!!

DuckyDot
December 11th, 2011, 07:40 AM
1) Learn to cope with Seborrheic dermatitis.
2) Eat healthier.
3) Get to Waist and either maintain for 3 months or carry on growing to hip and then maintain.
4) Perfect dutch braids.
5) Take vitamins more. (for my health as well!)

shump76
December 11th, 2011, 08:21 AM
No heat.
No colour.
No SLS.
No cones.
CO only with sulfate free shampoos only when needed.
Wear my hair up at night.
Let it GROW.

MotherGoddess
December 11th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Learn more braids and up-do's
Learn how to do sock bun or headband curls

cooklaezo13
December 11th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I have a lot of resolutions!
Not trim or cut my hair during 2012 unless absolutely necessary (due to split ends or major breakage, but I hope to avoid these!!!)
No shampoo during 2012
Transition to all homemade natural hair care products
Always sleep with a satin night cap
Be very gentle and patient while brushing and combing my hair
Grow my hair six more inches, which will be to APL

jessa
December 11th, 2011, 10:00 PM
1) let my hair grow with as little trims as possible
2) wear it up to bed
3) take supplements
4) grow out my natural colour

prettyhairisred
December 11th, 2011, 10:14 PM
the only thing I really want is for my hair to grow to bsl :P It seems stuck at about 4 inches off for years. Is it possible that that's my terminal length?! Anyone know? I'm only 13 but I've been trying to grow my hair for 2 years :(

elfgirl
December 11th, 2011, 10:49 PM
1. No heat (I've broken this one a few times this year :/)
2. No dyes. I'm considering taking the henna redhead plunge, but would do so with henna, and not the commercial scary hair dyes.
2a. If I take the henna plunge, then henna once a month.
3. Always have hair in braid(s) or a bun for sleep, or sex for that matter...never having hair down again.
4. Have my hair up in Different bun styles around 80% of the time.
5. Drink no more soda, and only water, juice, natural botanical sodas, etc.
6. No trims
7. Reach my goal of Waist, and if I get there early, then start on my way to classic length ;)

growingpains
December 12th, 2011, 01:45 AM
-start s&d'ing again
-start doing oil treatments again
-brush more gently
-grow it to hip OR trim it back a bit and work on hem (haven't chosen yet between quantity or quality. Right now laziness is winning but I need to tidy the ends).

great thread!

IcarusBride
December 12th, 2011, 01:52 AM
I'm going to Japan for study abroad in either June or September 2012 and coming back August 2013. Somehow, I've gotten really taken with the idea of attaching my hair growth goals to this time frame. Right now my hair is ~hip (I've been growing to hip and cutting back to waist all year this year, trying to thicken the hemline) so if I could get to solid 'hip' before I leave and to solid TB by the time I get back, that would be great :D

Lamb
December 12th, 2011, 02:51 AM
1. Stick to trimming every 3-4 months.

2. Making sure my hair is properly moisturized every day.

3. Live healthy (exercise, eating right, taking my vitamins every day) and stop fretting about stuff.

hanne jensen
December 12th, 2011, 02:54 AM
Improve the health and condition of my hair. Reach waist. Eat a healthier diet for hair health. Wash more often during the summer. Abrade my hair less. Cover my hair more often.

Cleopatra18
December 12th, 2011, 07:50 AM
1.henna monthly
2.hot oil treatments 2-3x/week
3.experiment with different mixes for using rhassoul clay regularly
4.NOT buying anything hair related in 2012 except castor oil when i run out
5.small trims whenever possible/needed

Aeris
December 12th, 2011, 11:29 AM
1) Keep an eye on my hemline and be honest with myself when it's time to trim

2) Be more gentle! I've been getting lazy with my detangling lately and haven't been as soft-handed as I should be

3) Find more special occasions so that I have an excuse to use my Caruso rollers and wear it down more often

constancev18
December 12th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Exercise if only to promote hair growth!

Roscata
December 12th, 2011, 12:22 PM
This year my resolutions are:
- do not trim unless the hemline is uneven
- learn to enjoy the hair journey
- stick to the routine that works
- stop freaking out about henna

feralnature
December 12th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I will continue to take my vitamin supplements.

I will continue to only do a small trim once a year.

I will keep my hair in braids, going from 2 braids during the day and one at night to sleep.

I will continue with olive oil and coconut oil treatments which work wonders for me.

I will keep testing out 2 in 1 cond/shampoos to take with me on my extended hike of the Appalachian Trail.

I will enjoy the process.

I am going on an extended hike and will not allow my hair to suffer because of it.

Schrei777
December 12th, 2011, 02:30 PM
1.) Stop use of chemical dyes and straightener.

2.) Eat healthy and remember to take my vitamins.

3.) Work to grow out and improve all the damage in my hair.

CAPA7
December 12th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Definitely try and learn new buns. It always amazes me how most of you seem to just put your hair up in beautiful, neat buns in a matter of seconds! I'm jealous! :)

Amarante
December 12th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Ok, so far:

1. No trims, except for S&D's.

2. I will measure once a month, and take a progress pic.

Mina17
December 12th, 2011, 05:12 PM
No trimming
Be more gentle when combing
Shampoo a bit less frequently
Avoid products that build up too quickly
Start building a hair toy collection
Settle into a routine and stop buying so many new products

Ravenwind
December 12th, 2011, 05:31 PM
I'm going to try my hardest to not cut my hair for the whole year. However, I will continue trimming my layers because they're really dry and velcro-y at the ends. Also want to try more scalp massages, putting my hair up more, and basically just leave it alone so it can just grow and grow :)

psychobilly5
December 12th, 2011, 08:30 PM
I'm not going to chop off my hair but just trim occasionally until my hair looks healthy again.
I'm going to start taking multi-vitamins and eat healthier.
I'm going to look into oiling my hair.
I'm going to hopefully get to waist length by May-June but we'll see about that.
I'm going to try and be gentler with my hair.
I'm going to learn how to do more updo's than my standard pony tail.

Katleen
December 12th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Okay, I'll make it official :)

1) Minimal trims (maybe 2 per year)
2) CO with minimal shampoo for clarifying (when necessary)
3) Learn to live with the fact that I have wavy hair
4) Grow to BSL

anikadear
December 12th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I like this thread!

mine:

1) Learn as much as possible about growing healthy hair
2) grow waist-length hair (kind of a stretch!)
3) NO MORE SULFATES!
4) Perfect my CO washing methods
5) Share my healthy hair knowledge

Dragon Faery
December 13th, 2011, 12:38 AM
:) My basic resolution is to treat my hair right.
In practice, that looks like:
1. Learn to be gentle with my ends.
2. Continue to stay away from brushes and combs.
3. Castor oil my scalp every night.
4. Moisturize my ends every night.
5. Continue CO washing.
6. Heavily oil after most washes.
7. Wear hair contained for bed, and never let it down in the wind.
8. Try henna; repeat regularly if I like it.
9. Try cassia if I don't like henna.
10. Do a different style every day; have fun with it.
11. Expand the hair toy collection. :)

That's plenty. :). Good luck to all, and Happy New Year!

tokidokichi
December 13th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Yay, what a fun thread! Okay, so for me:
No trims, just regular S&Ds
Instead of flat ironing once a month, I've decided on no heat at all for 2012!!
And excersize to hopefully get my hair growing faster! (not to mention sexy abs ^_^)

Curly_jas
December 14th, 2011, 04:01 PM
ooh i like this thread, okay here are some of mine, but i may add more at some point:
i want to keep on track this year with my healthy hair journey
Go back to using products without any silicones/sulfates
Reach BSL!!
Resume CO washing again
No cutting/big trims, which should be fine if i am treating my hair right
Experiment with up-dos to keep my hair protected
Incorporate the coconut oil i just bought into my hair routine
Make sure i protect my hair at night by putting it in braids of some sort
No hair straighteners at all in 2012, but if not only a maximum of 4 times in the year
Above all it's about keeping things simple :)

ludwig20
December 14th, 2011, 04:13 PM
For 2012, I hope to:
1. Use castor oil/EVOO mix at least twice week.
2. Start using a dab of coconut oil for my dry ends daily.
3. Stick to fingercombing.
4. More updos and braiding!
5. Continue to avoid all heating tools.
6. Reach WL!

thunderlilies
December 14th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I think my hair resolution is to... let it grow back to classic length - and try to enjoy it AT classic length (not get impatient with it - lol). Also need to get a few more styles figured out for variety :-)

Erika_92
December 15th, 2011, 12:14 AM
I will try to leave my hair alone a lot more. Not brush it all the time, not to measure it all the time, not to change hairstyle 1034 times a day

joflakes
December 15th, 2011, 12:22 AM
I think it'll kinda be what I'm doing now, which is:

1. Hair trims once every 4 months if the mullet keeps returning, and if not, don't bother!
2. Take my vitamins (I have been forgetting as ran out of skin, hair and nails!)
3. Keep up the lack of dye
4. Decide if I want to keep my bangs or not!
5. To try to forget about it and let it be.

becks113
December 15th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Reach hip length..
Stop dying.
No cutting/trimming.(except S&D and my layers & fringe when needed.)
Keep up with my vitamins.
Continue to overnight oil & monistat.
Possibly try hendigo.
13" to go!

Nannanej
December 15th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Limit S&D to once a week
Never trim more than half a month's growth in a month
Less braid, more bun :b
Less oil, but also no shampoo on the length (I think I'm doing some damage by having to wash out loads of oil each time)

These will actually go into action after christmas; I've been trimming and S&D-ing like a crazy person for almost half a year now, and I wanna start gaining length! So just after christmas I'll henna my roots (so I can keep track of my growth), and start growing some long hair!! :D

MissAlyssa
December 16th, 2011, 06:00 PM
I think I've finally found a routine that is working well for me and my hair, so my goals for 2012 will be:
- continuing with my routine as long as it keeps working
- trying to stretch washes to 2 days, or at least every other day
- lightly oiling daily with EVOO
- Deep conditioning at least once a week
- microtrimming myself when I need it, along with S&Ding occasionally
- Reach waist length!! :D (fingers crossed)

And I think that's it for now :) My hair has been doing so well lately since i stopped using cones and have been stretching washes :))

Mountaingrrl
December 16th, 2011, 08:59 PM
My main resolution is to put my hair in protective styles when going out. It's gotten to a length where that's starting to matter more.

Mischamiu
December 17th, 2011, 06:22 AM
No trims till october
Treat it more gently
Buy new oils (shea,jojoba)
Oil it+honey= nice hair colour
Do new deep treatments

PriscillaCherel
December 17th, 2011, 06:28 AM
- Microtrims when it needs
- To my hairdresser 2 times(february and July/August)
- Buy some oils for my ends
- Try natural products(coco oil treatments)
- Wear my hair up with beautiful hairtoys and others
- Reaching healthy (almost) Tailbone length with thick hemline at the end of 2012
- Not using heats

Ishje
December 17th, 2011, 06:35 AM
- eat more healthy foods
- keep taking my tablets for nails and hair
- thicken up the ends
- reach classic
- take pictures of length & measure every season (unless I have reached a milestone)
- invest in some more pretty hair friendly hairtoy's ;)

apple cupcake
December 17th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Oh geez
♥ No dye! This one will be the hardest.
♥ No major haircuts!
♥ No dye!!
♥ Oil my hair more!
♥ NO DYE!
♥ Get better products to keep my hair nice and healthy!
♥ NO. DYE. >_<

You can probably see what I have the most trouble with!

Braidy
December 17th, 2011, 03:25 PM
My goals are actually quite simple:
* Reach waist length
* Oil about once every two weeks
* Continue washing WO with shampoo intermezzo about every month
* Braids and buns

In short, continue doing what I'm doing and wait for waist to come! ;-)

battles
December 17th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Get past APL.
Learn new updos and braids as my hair reaches new lengths.
Refrain from any major coloring. D:
Find a method that produces nice, frizz free wurlies.
Start S&Ding.

Oops. Going to break one before the new year even begins.. :eyebrows:

arcane
December 18th, 2011, 03:59 PM
1. Reach waist length
2. Once at waist recut in layers/a deep V hemline, and maintain
3. Continue growing out my hair dye, no dying the roots (though I may dip dye the ends with fun colours because they are ruined.
4. Tie my hair back to sleep.

And not so much hair related but it will help
5. Eat better and exercise more consistantly.

BrightEyes
December 18th, 2011, 05:01 PM
*Use my Caruso hair setter to style my hair instead of the blow drier and flat iron. Be DONE with damaging heat styling!!!
*Significantly reduce mechanical damage. No more backcombing and impatiently ripping a comb through my hair.
*Stretch trims from every other month to every 3-4 months
*Do Not chop out of frustration......I WILL regret it!!
*Continue my conefree routine, I am loving the results
*Remember to do weekly DTs

mzBANGBANG
December 18th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Last year, my resolution was simply not to cut my hair. So this year, now that I've managed to get some length... (can't believe I am going for this)...

1) No heat to dry. (I can do this)
2) No heat for styling more than once a week. (I will break this one)
3) Oil once a week. (I might forget about this)
4) No shampoo. (I can definitely do this)

Hollyfire3
December 18th, 2011, 05:09 PM
1. Keep doing what I've been doing this year... taking good care of my hair and wearing it up most of the time.
2. Keep learning a new updo every few weeks!
3. Get to TB by the end of the year (probably not gonna happen).
4. Get my bangs to hip length by the end of the year.
5. Figure out a way to darken my hair naturally.

I can help with the last one! Try using black tea rinses every time you wash your hair. Also, have never tried this one but, make a strong potion brew of black walnuts and water and put on hair. Leave on for at least an hr then wash out. This should work kinda like haircolor. Try mixing a table spoon of coco powder into your shampoo (or conditioner whatever you use to wash your hair with). All of these methods produce gradual darkening, too bad i was too impatient to see major results!:D

TooShort
December 18th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Hello ALL,

Fellow newbie here.. My 2012 goal is to treat my hair better and let it grow, grow, grow. I have always gone from just past shoulder length to short (pixie) and back again. The last time I cut my hair was because of a bad perm.. I have a hard time accepting my straight as a board, no volume hair and thought the only way to achieve that was through a perm. BTW..seems like I am the most gental to it when it is permed as well. But all of that is in the past. Now that I am at a stage in my life where perming is not possible ( I would end up bald ).. I have choosen to embrace my straight hair. I do have a question though.. I am a swim instructor and I am in the water 3-4 days a week. I was interested in the NO POO Movement as well as Henna/Indigo. Will this work given the chemicals in the pool as so harsh? Any information will be helpful. Also, if anyone could tell me if HennaHut's Dark Brown is any good or an cautions that would be nice. Thank you all.

Callque
December 18th, 2011, 06:49 PM
1. NO HEAT. Period.
2. I will really, really try not to trim unless it is absolutely vital (I've been a little scissor-happy these past few months).
3. Find a safe amount of vitamins to take for hair growth that I like and stick with it.
4. Stick with the Curly Girl Method.
5. Keep up with Castor Oil treatments at least twice a month.
6. Finally give into wearing protective styles.

Callque
December 18th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Hello ALL,

Fellow newbie here.. My 2012 goal is to treat my hair better and let it grow, grow, grow. I have always gone from just past shoulder length to short (pixie) and back again. The last time I cut my hair was because of a bad perm.. I have a hard time accepting my straight as a board, no volume hair and thought the only way to achieve that was through a perm. BTW..seems like I am the most gental to it when it is permed as well. But all of that is in the past. Now that I am at a stage in my life where perming is not possible ( I would end up bald ).. I have choosen to embrace my straight hair. I do have a question though.. I am a swim instructor and I am in the water 3-4 days a week. I was interested in the NO POO Movement as well as Henna/Indigo. Will this work given the chemicals in the pool as so harsh? Any information will be helpful. Also, if anyone could tell me if HennaHut's Dark Brown is any good or an cautions that would be nice. Thank you all.

Hopefully this thread might help you: http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51925

You might want to just search LHC for previous threads on swimming because there's a ton of information on that subject.

Maraz
December 18th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I want to pick up some hair cutting scissors for major search and destroy

No cutting until January, 2013 (hoping it will be solidly classic length by then and I can even it up at that point)

Be more patient when detangling

TooShort
December 18th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Thank you Callque for the advise. Looks like I still may not be able to go totally NO POO.. Everything I read from fellow TLHCers said they basically had to use a shampoo to remove the chlorine. When I got home today I washed my hair using baking soda and ACV rinse .. I actually did this twice thinking I did something wrong.. same result. The hair near the scalp seemed fine however the rest you could tell still had chlorine/chemicals in it. Afraid to leave it that way all night for fear that it might cause more damage or more of it would fall out I resorted back to the Redkin and Deep Conditioner. Oh well, I can however go w/o washing on the days I do not teach. Thanks Again.

Grow, Hair, Grow !!!!

Zesty
December 18th, 2011, 10:27 PM
I want to work on stretching washes to three days, start doing more S&D and small trims every few months, and generally I just want to forget about my hair until I get back from studying abroad in July!

Callque
December 18th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Thank you Callque for the advise. Looks like I still may not be able to go totally NO POO.. Everything I read from fellow TLHCers said they basically had to use a shampoo to remove the chlorine. When I got home today I washed my hair using baking soda and ACV rinse .. I actually did this twice thinking I did something wrong.. same result. The hair near the scalp seemed fine however the rest you could tell still had chlorine/chemicals in it. Afraid to leave it that way all night for fear that it might cause more damage or more of it would fall out I resorted back to the Redkin and Deep Conditioner. Oh well, I can however go w/o washing on the days I do not teach. Thanks Again.

Grow, Hair, Grow !!!!

You're welcome! I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, I don't know anything about chlorine and hair. Good luck with your hair journey!!

heidi.maryke
December 18th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Hair resolution: make an effort to style my hair!!

dulce
December 19th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Grow to at least to my hip ,and grow out the rest of my layers and dyed ends and cut those off slowly over the next year and hopefully thicken my ends with all the layers gone.

owlathena
December 19th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Get to hip!!! :D

zombi
December 19th, 2011, 01:23 AM
1. Trim every 3 months or so only
2. Henna monthly
3. Learn more updos
4. Don't chop!!!!!
5. One picture for each month.
6. Try new recipes like SMT, etc

gracenotes
December 19th, 2011, 03:38 AM
1. Develop a relatively simple hair routine that works for me and stick to it
2. Use up all the hair products in my stash
3. Stretch washes further
4. Use natural, simple products/methods (WO, coconut oil, herbs) for cleansing and conditioning as much as possible

ingvild
December 19th, 2011, 07:23 AM
What I'm hoping to do with my hair in 2012:

- wear it up more often, and wear less ponytails
- trim off 1 cm every other month
- get a thicker braid (which will be achieved by doing the above :D )
- get some hair toys so wearing it up will be easier :eyebrows:

Fencai
December 19th, 2011, 07:33 AM
working on styling my hair and to go ahead and spend the money on the hair products that I LOVE and KNOW work because my hair (and I) are worth it

angiescurls
December 19th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Few goals: constant deep conditioning, no heat, switch to hennigo instead of chemical dye, go cone free.

luthien_belewen
December 19th, 2011, 09:48 AM
My goal for 2012 is to get beyond shoulder length, and to trim only when necessary! Also, try to stretch washes from every day to every other--so far so good!

white.chocolate
December 19th, 2011, 10:10 AM
It took a while for me to decide:

- try other oils as leave-in conditioners
- learn more updos

Bobette
December 21st, 2011, 04:23 AM
- Microtrims every 4-6 months
- Use irons and hair dryer at their absolute minimum.
- Get hair close to natural (with interest)and then leave it.
- Wear hair up.
- Begin oil treatments once a week.
- Scalp massage daily whilst watching TV
- Take vitamins daily
- Begin taking Flaxseed oil daily

Bobette
December 21st, 2011, 04:28 AM
Oh, and get to APL by the end of the year. BSL if I'm really lucky! :D

suzye
December 25th, 2011, 10:32 PM
-Waist by end of year
-Only natural hair products
-Minimize blowfrying and straightening (only once a month/VERY important occasion)

kidari
December 26th, 2011, 01:48 AM
start taking vitamins daily

eat less junk food and more nutritious food

drink more water and less beverages containing lots of sugar

stretch washes to washing every other day instead of daily

less frequent trims

reach solid waist length this year!

not to buy tons of hair related things: use up what I have and be very selective about tools and toys

MonaLisa
December 26th, 2011, 01:57 AM
- Classic till end of the year MAYBE, but at least healthy, thick TBL.
- Not trim too much, limiting myself to 3, max 4 trims next year.
- More updos, more braids, more protection.
- No impulsive cuts/coloring.
- Keep up the good work! :D

Mirsha
December 26th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Buy conditioner on sale
Take the time to measure trims (no more accidental 1inch trims)
NO DYE
NOTHING COLOUR INDUCING OF ANY KIND
Resist the urge to cut side swept bangs
Reach waist, if possible before birthday (2 June :D)

I struggle with the conditioner part.. It's like being on a mission to try them ALL.

Tennessee Rose
December 26th, 2011, 06:03 AM
IMPROVE

S&D
Comb consciously at least once a day.
Oil the ends with Jojoba everyday.
No blow drying. (I did not used to blow dry, until I started washing at night, which caused me Torticollis if my hair was wet, or I caught colds).
Be disciplined with beer yeast. (Pills)
Reach a bit more than waist. (Curls make it difficult to guess my real lenght)

KEEP

Less artificial products on hair products.
Healthy Diet and Sport
No Flat Irons (allowed once in a blue moon)
No Dying
No Hairdressers (at most at the end of the year to keep the line straight)

Ms Strangelove
December 26th, 2011, 09:56 AM
My New Year's resolutions include:

- regular spliss cut
- finding the perfect conditioner
- having an eye on healthy nutrition
- wearing my hair open only on special occasions
- learning to do hairstyles other than "open" and "ponytail" :rolleyes:

To sum up, I want my hair to look shiny and nice and I want it to grow as much as possible in 2012!

patienceneeded
December 26th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I resolve to:

*Get two trims only this year, June and December. (I will go in for bang trims)
*No more color. Ever.
*Continue to use shampoo and conditioner with no sulfates or cones. Natural and/or organic when possible.
*No heat styling except for bangs or VERY special occasions
*Grow!

savfairy
December 26th, 2011, 11:41 AM
To stick with CO!

Evie
December 26th, 2011, 12:30 PM
For me, to try and stay constant for the year! I.e. no deciding I need to change hair colour (I have dark chocolate cherry colour hair from henndigo, naturally blonde and keep vacillating about what looks best!) and then I might just reach waist by next Christmas!

It will be a first for me to keep constant throughout the whole year but I am going to get there.....that, and keep using oils, and minimal heat :)

Sunny Elf
December 26th, 2011, 12:45 PM
My hair resolutions are:

1. No cutting or trimming
2. Reach Waist Length
3. Find a routine that works with my hair and follow it

Upside Down
December 26th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Make a saten sleep cap. And this time, I mean it...!

If it does not work, then find a way to sleep with keeping curls and minimizing damage.

jel
December 26th, 2011, 01:38 PM
My main hair resolution is to comb it/restyle every morning before work. I'm guilty of just twisting up my sleeping braid and going to work with a huge halo of frizzies!

Otherwise, let it grow to classic (and grow out the henna/Elumen) - unless I decide to cut back to hip/BCL.

Mostly, benign neglect is the way to go.

novemberfoxtrot
December 26th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Go Curly Girl. Or at least try it.

Centifolia
December 26th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Trim it
This year was nice for growing purposes... made it to waist, a bit past actually. But the really healthy hair is just to my armpits and I want my layers to finally catch up so trimming is the way to go.

Experiment with henna
I'm a bit bored with my hair color right now and I've always wanted red hair... So I will start doing some henna tests. I guess I will lighten my hair with honey, in a highlight way, so I get I more vibrant color, and then start doing henna+cassia glosses. I'll see.

So... healthier copperish waist lenght hair with a full hemline by 2012?

gogirlanime
December 26th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Awesome thread idea!! Let me see...

1. Spray my roots EVERYday after a shower with black tea to reduce shedding it works well for me I did it for awhile and stopped I guess because I didn't want to put in the effort http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=71626 (with a few exceptions sometimes, only for really good reasons not because I "just don't feel like it" or "I'm too tired today")

2. Put my M-T-G mixture in my hair EVERY night (with a few exceptions sometimes, only for really good reasons not because I "just don't feel like it" or "I'm too tired today")

3. Wear my hair up all day everyday (except when hanging out with my boyfriend or friends) Wear my hair up the entire time at work, in bed, at the gym, or while just hanging at home when I'm not dolled up for anything.

4. Do a honey-lightening treatment every 2-3 days (or more if I can) to keep my hair red henna dye ready every time without damaging it

5. Take my biotin, MSM, multivitamin, flaxseed oil, inositol, and b vitamins everyday

6. Brush my hair with only bamboo combs (I'm already really good about this but sometimes I don't)

7. THE BIGGEST ONE!!! Stop playing with it so much, I do this WAY too much

Maddy_T
December 26th, 2011, 09:09 PM
To stop buying excessive amounts of products that promise to do miraculous things to my hair!. I'm such a sucker for a good sales pitch. Just to stick to 100% completely natural products, take a complete multi/mineral supplement daily and stop touching my hair 24/7.

gogirlanime
December 27th, 2011, 11:55 AM
To stop buying excessive amounts of products that promise to do miraculous things to my hair!. I'm such a sucker for a good sales pitch. Just to stick to 100% completely natural products, take a complete multi/mineral supplement daily and stop touching my hair 24/7.

Bravo! Yeah me too stop touching my hair 24/7 :laugh:

Dark Rapunzel
December 28th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I remember last year's resolution: to go all natural with my hair, and I'm so proud that I've kep it up. I usually don't stick to resolutions, but I was really happy I stuck to that one, and it paid off big time! My 2012 resolution(s): to color with henna and indigo ONLY, and to develop a henndigo technique, and I guess my 2012 short term goal is to reach classic length (4 inches away now). I also want to get rid of the stupid layers my hairdresser gave me (against my requests), so I'm going to maintain classic until those go away!

faithsdaisy421
December 28th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Wow... I know that I do a lot of stuff that is bad for my hair...knowing how bad it is for my hair. So, here is my list.

1) SMT once every two weeks
2) Stop using my horrid brush with the little ball thingys on the bristles.
3) Make myself a satin sleep cap. And use it.
4) Learn some new hairstyles. And use them.
5) Get some fun hair sticks. And use them =)
6) Stop picking at my scalp.

Olafwa
December 28th, 2011, 05:28 PM
My 2012 Hair Resolution: Get to Knee Length!! :D

catarinalaree
December 28th, 2011, 05:31 PM
1. Put my hair up more
2. S&D regularly
3. Oil twice daily
4. Not dye hair at all :)

Liesbeth
December 28th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I vow to:

Oil at least once a week

Stop using my flatiron

And just keep away from the scissors :D

sibiryachka
January 4th, 2012, 11:15 AM
No trims until I'm 1" past waist length, so that when I trim I will still be at First Goal Length. No way I'm willing to get there, then go back!

Haha, this shows why it doesn't do to set resolutions too early! :p

In late December I found that I'd unexpectedly reached waist, but only with just a few hairs, the very longest stragglers that were hanging about 1" below the majority of the length. I was intending to leave things that way, until the next "layer" reached waist.
But then I gave DBF a goodly trim, evened up his ends and gave him long layers, and developed a sickening case of ends-envy.

So last night I took scissors to myself, and nipped off that straggly inch. I'll be back to waist soon enough, and looking better for the trim.

Now my revised resolution for 2012 is to keep up with my practice of measuring every 3 months, and micro-trimming as needed on the same schedule. Now that I know I can reach waist, I no longer feel the need to prove it to myself, and I'd rather not have that "your slip is showing" look at the ends.

AdrianneJean
January 4th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I have a few! Since I just recently started this lhc thing I've only recently found out about all these different things to do with my hair like non-chemical dye and oiling and stuff! So! Here's my resolutions-
1. Measure and 'document' my hair growth every month
2. No trims or length cuts! (with the exception of bangs, layers, and thinning; no cutting off length)
3. Dye with henndigo or henna (depending on what color I want) NO MORE CHEMICAL DYES!
4. Keep up with coconut oil or olive oil and any other treatments I find on here ;)
5. Keep my hair looking, feeling, and BEING healthy and beautiful. :)

lunalocks
January 4th, 2012, 09:37 PM
no more scrunchies or ponies! no more wet buns and braids! they break my hair. S and D ing regularly to try to stretch out my trims from 2 1/2 months to 3 or even 4 and insist on 1/4 inch only trims so I can growwwww

Achtland
January 4th, 2012, 09:41 PM
-waist
-healthy hemline
-continue growing out my natural hair color. which was my resolution last year to no longer dye :)

-more oil/homemade treatments

catamonica
January 4th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Wearing my hair down only once a week. No trims Its growing because Im bunning it. Use
olive oil in my shampoo & conditioner. Use minced onion in my shampoo. It makes your hair thicker.

Pumpkin
January 4th, 2012, 10:05 PM
My hair resolution is NOT to color my hair...sometimes I get this wild idea that I want to slap some dye on it, because I think my natural color is not pretty enough! (Why do we do this to ourselves??) The last time I thought this, I did the two week rule and it worked! I did not run out and buy hair dye!!

Eden75
January 4th, 2012, 10:38 PM
To keep up with the no dye and to try for TBL. :pray:

Misty'sMess
January 5th, 2012, 12:42 AM
1. micro-trim at least once a month
2. deep condition once a week
3. wear hair up 6+ days a week and every night
4. learn new braided hair styles
5. monthly process photos and measurements
6. drink more water and continue taking my vitamins
7. start collecting hair friendly hairtoys

NaiadOreiad
January 5th, 2012, 02:03 AM
1. Trim every four months!
2. Wear hair up more!
3 REACH WAAAAAIST and get on the road to hip
4. keep the virgin thing going.... eventually i will get there!

the.fee.fairy
January 5th, 2012, 02:08 AM
1. Cut by the moon.
2. Reach hip at least, if not tailbone.
3. Try some of the hair treatments - I've never tried anything other than oiling, so to give my hair a little boost, i want to try some good treatments.
4. Abuse my hair at least once. My hair thrives on abuse, and i haven't had multi-mini-braids for a while. I need to abuse it to get it to grow!

Terra
January 5th, 2012, 02:59 AM
get curls to APL (not really realistic :rolleyes:)
get the straight hair to mid back
take daily dietary supplements
put on some care products daily
pin up hair over night
mikrotrim every 1-2 month
no blow drying
use up unloved products
not to buy so many new products, buying replacements is ok

ktno1
January 5th, 2012, 03:07 AM
1. No dying
2. Stretch washes to twice a week
3. No spontaneous cuts
4. Experiment with new treatments

blondie9912
January 5th, 2012, 06:32 AM
I've already posted but I'll add a few more:
1) Taking my vitamins daily
2) Getting some exercise (it's winter here, so I really have to force myself to work out)
3) Using up all of my hair products, then reassessing which I want to continue repurchasing!
4) Trying rooibos tea for growth

Velvet Smoke
January 5th, 2012, 08:30 AM
I am going to try and continue to resist any urge to dye my hair.
I would also like to find a good vitamin supplement to take, and perfect my French braiding. :)

Sushi144
January 5th, 2012, 03:46 PM
1) Put shea butter on my hair daily

2) Do regular but reasonnable S&Ds

3) Learn to make pretty and hairstyles, stop let my hair down every day !

Long_hair_bear
January 5th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Grow my hair as far as I can, no more bleach (I used to have blonde streaks in my dark brown hair. Very pretty, but damaging), be more gentle when I comb, take monthly measurements and pics, and try out the monistat. :)

Aliora
January 5th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Braid my hair every night before bed. I do most nights, but sometimes I am too tired :(
It's a small thing, but it makes such a difference in my hair.

silverjen
January 5th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Just 1: no trims until Halloween 2012. That will be one year of no trims, more or less..

I'm really happy with my routine otherwise. It took a year of experimenting, but I found out what works for me.

Nedertane
January 5th, 2012, 08:38 PM
No. More. Blow dryer. Or, at least, as extremely little of it as possible. Also, I wanna try to stretch out my trims more, but eh, if the ends gotta go, they gotta go.