PDA

View Full Version : NightBlooming Panacea opinion?

candycandace
November 24th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Hey everyone! I've really been considering getting some NightBlooming Panacea, but I'm not sure which blend would be right for me? I've heard a few different opinons, but I'd like to know which blend you use and if you've used any other blends and how they compare? Thanks guys! :D

Diamond.Eyes
November 24th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I own a 2 oz jar of the original formula that I got for my birthday this year, and a 2 oz sized jar of the winter blend that my fiancé got me for Christmas last year. I really like the winter blend a lot better than the original. I feel that it’s much more moisturizing and after using it for almost a year, my hair is in way better condition. Plus, it smells divine :D. I don’t really care for the smell of the original, though :shrug:. I think the winter blend is a good thing to have year-round if you live in a climate with dry air like me. I know you live in a humid state, so maybe try a lighter blend like the summer one or the original?

krissykins
November 24th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I believe Nightshade said somewhere that the original was for dry hair, the summer blend is for fine hair, and the winter blend was just a protein free version of the original blend. Personally, the winter blend is my favorite. My ends are always super soft after I use it. :)

candycandace
November 24th, 2011, 09:42 PM
I own a ½ oz jar of the original formula that I got for my birthday this year, and a 2 oz sized jar of the winter blend that my fiancé got me for Christmas last year. I really like the winter blend a lot better than the original. I feel that it’s much more moisturizing and after using it for almost a year, my hair is in way better condition. Plus, it smells divine :D. I don’t really care for the smell of the original, though :shrug:. I think the winter blend is a good thing to have year-round if you live in a climate with dry air like me. I know you live in a humid state, so maybe try a lighter blend like the summer one or the original?
Maybe I will try the winter kind. I do live in a moist state...but the extra-moisture couldn't hurt :D. You wouldn't happen to know the ingredients for the original and winter mixes off-hand would you?

candycandace
November 24th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I believe Nightshade said somewhere that the original was for dry hair, the summer blend is for fine hair, and the winter blend was just a protein free version of the original blend. Personally, the winter blend is my favorite. My ends are always super soft after I use it. :)
Have you tried the summer blend? :p

krissykins
November 24th, 2011, 09:47 PM
I have all three blends. The summer blend is nice, but I'm not too fond of the scent and it doesn't do anything magical for my hair. I use the original if I feel like I need some protein on my ends.

ETA: Oh, and I have the list of ingredients for you.

Winter Blend
Ingredients: Certified Organic Shea Butter, Pure Refined Coconut Oil, Herbal infusion (Licorice Root, Coltsfoot Leaf, Yarrow, Willow, Pau díarco, Burdock Root, Mahonia, Calendula, Horsetail, Nettles), Cetearyl Alcohol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Aloe Gel, Vitamin B5, Evening Primrose, Neem, Macadamia Seed Oil, Essential Oils (Tea tree, Lemon tea tree, Lavender, Geranium, Rosemary), Rice extract, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Anisate, Vitamin C, Vitamin E).

Summer Blend
Ingredients: Certified Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Herbal infusion of Horsetail, Rose Hips, Lemon, Red Raspberry, Thyme, Certified Organic Aloe Vera,unrefined coconut, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Certified Organic Jojoba Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Green Tea Extract, Certified Organic Sunflower Oil, Wheat Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Panthenol, Caprylic Acid, Glycine, Guar, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, and the Essential Oils of Frakensence, Myrrh, Lavender, Sweet Orange, Ylang Ylang, and Lime.

Original Blend
Ingredients: Certified Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Herbal infusion of Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis), Pure Refined Coconut Oil, African Wild Honey, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid , and the Essential Oils of Frakensence, Myrrh, Sweet Orange, Ylang Ylang, and Limone.

Diamond.Eyes
November 24th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Yep, they are on my jars :D!

Original
Certified Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Herbal infusion of Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis), Pure Refined Coconut Oil, African Wild Honey, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid , and the Essential Oils of Frakensence, Myrrh, Sweet Orange, Ylang Ylang, and Limone.

Winter
Certified Organic Shea Butter, Pure Refined Coconut Oil, Herbal infusion (Licorice Root, Coltsfoot Leaf, Yarrow, Willow, Pau díarco, Burdock Root, Mahonia, Calendula, Horsetail, Nettles), Cetearyl Alcohol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Aloe Gel, Vitamin B5, Evening Primrose, Neem, Macadamia Seed Oil, Essential Oils (Tea tree, Lemon tea tree, Lavender, Geranium, Rosemary), Rice extract, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Anisate, Vitamin C, Vitamin E).

CurlyCap
November 24th, 2011, 09:51 PM
My hair eats oils and conditioners for breakfast. I've been wanting to try the winter blend, but I'm worried that I'll go through 2oz like air and then be sad because it's so expensive.

Any thoughts from those with thirsty hair like me.

candycandace
November 24th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Yep, they are on my jars :D!

Original
Certified Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Herbal infusion of Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis), Pure Refined Coconut Oil, African Wild Honey, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid , and the Essential Oils of Frakensence, Myrrh, Sweet Orange, Ylang Ylang, and Limone.

Winter
Certified Organic Shea Butter, Pure Refined Coconut Oil, Herbal infusion (Licorice Root, Coltsfoot Leaf, Yarrow, Willow, Pau díarco, Burdock Root, Mahonia, Calendula, Horsetail, Nettles), Cetearyl Alcohol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Aloe Gel, Vitamin B5, Evening Primrose, Neem, Macadamia Seed Oil, Essential Oils (Tea tree, Lemon tea tree, Lavender, Geranium, Rosemary), Rice extract, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Anisate, Vitamin C, Vitamin E).

The winter ingredients sound a little more moisturizing than the original formula. And, I read that the summer blend smells like citrus, and I don't really care for the smell of citrus :shrug:
Didn't you say in another thred that you make your own hair salve too? What kinds of things do you put in that?

WaterMusic
November 24th, 2011, 10:10 PM
I have the original and the Winter blend. I don't use the original that often because my hair doesn't like protein (I only use it when I think I need some protein), but the Winter blend is my Holy Grail product. Love this stuff, for deep treatments, and for daily end protection. Love love love. I'm getting it unscented next time though, not fond of how the smell turns out with my body chemistry.

Nightshade is pretty awesome, so if you have any questions you can message her here or on Etsy. I think she prefers Etsy for work stuff though.

Diamond.Eyes
November 24th, 2011, 10:12 PM
The winter ingredients sound a little more moisturizing than the original formula. And, I read that the summer blend smells like citrus, and I don't really care for the smell of citrus :shrug:
Didn't you say in another thred that you make your own hair salve too? What kinds of things do you put in that?

I do make my own hair salve as well as use the Panacea :). I use mine when I don't feel like wasting the expensive stuff or sometimes I mix them together as an overnight treatment. :)
I wouldn't compare mine to NightShades as far as quality goes at all, but it's cheaper and I get tons more out of making my own. Mine has organic shea butter, unrefined coconut oil (infused with rooibos, nettle, green tea, and black tea), vitamin b5, aloe vera gel, jojoba oil, ascorbic acid, and vitamin e oil as well as the essential oils of tangerine and vanilla.
I have a pretty decent sized tub that I store in my freezer, just in case it decides to go bad on me :p. I use mine more often then the Panacea, but I feel like the Panacea makes my hair softer :shrug:.

MandyBeth
November 24th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Winter on my hair, I still vote that needs to stay year round as it's protein free. Summer and original both work as lip balm or good for alligator skin, but not on my hair.

candycandace
November 24th, 2011, 10:24 PM
I do make my own hair salve as well as use the Panacea :). I use mine when I don't feel like wasting the expensive stuff or sometimes I mix them together as an overnight treatment. :)
I wouldn't compare mine to NightShades as far as quality goes at all, but it's cheaper and I get tons more out of making my own. Mine has organic shea butter, unrefined coconut oil (infused with rooibos, nettle, green tea, and black tea), vitamin b5, aloe vera gel, jojoba oil, ascorbic acid, and vitamin e oil as well as the essential oils of tangerine and vanilla.
I have a pretty decent sized tub that I store in my freezer, just in case it decides to go bad on me :p. I use mine more often then the Panacea, but I feel like the Panacea makes my hair softer :shrug:.
Gah! How would you even know how to make that? Your hair-smarts astounds me sometimes girl. Seriously. I'm glad I can turn to you for hair advice on Facebook as well as here :laugh:...I'm so helpless :o. What do all of those ingredients do anyway and where would you even find them? I feel like such a newb sometimes. If I knew more about creating things for my hair, I would for sure steal your recipe. All of the ones you have given me so far have worked exactly like you said.

candycandace
November 24th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Winter on my hair, I still vote that needs to stay year round as it's protein free. Summer and original both work as lip balm or good for alligator skin, but not on my hair.
Oh man, I think I will for sure get the winter now. Everyone seems to love it! :p

Diamond.Eyes
November 24th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Gah! How would you even know how to make that? Your hair-smarts astounds me sometimes girl. Seriously. I'm glad I can turn to you for hair advice on Facebook as well as here ...I'm so helpless . What do all of those ingredients do anyway and where would you even find them? I feel like such a newb sometimes. If I knew more about creating things for my hair, I would for sure steal your recipe. All of the ones you have given me so far have worked exactly like you said.

Aww thanks Candace! That’s really sweet! I’m always happy to help you no matter what it is and I’m glad the things I’ve told you have worked out too! :flower:
I guess I know this stuff because my grandparents are kind of hippies :laugh: They use all natural ingredients for their skin and hair care. My grandma, who is also the holder of the longest hair I‘ve ever seen in person, knows more about natural mixtures than anyone I know. So I guess she just passed the knowledge down to me and I listen to it because she has some pretty awesome hair :p.
I’m sure you know what the purpose of the oils and aloe vera gel are, but Rooibos conditions and strengthens hair, nettle prevents hair loss, green tea works as and antioxidant and fights off free-radicals in the environment, and black tea is also rich in anti-oxidants as well as prevents hair loss. Vitamin b5 nourishes, moisturizes as well as strengthens hair and the ascorbic acid and vitamin e oil used as mild preservatives. And the EO’s are for scent. :)

HintOfMint
November 26th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I've actually come around to the winter blend. Last year I was really disappointed because I expected it to be a detangler. This time, I make sure I'm in a warm room, warm it in my hands and apply it in my detangled hair and then comb it some more. Used this way, it knocks the frizz out of my hair, I'm in love.

Fairlight63
November 26th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I have some Nightblooming Panacea salve but I am not sure if what I have is the summer or Winter blend. I was wondering how do you tell the difference?? Is there a different look to the container? it doesn't say on it if it is winter or summer blend.:confused:
I want to order some winter blend but I don't want to order more of the same thing that I have.

ibleedlipstick
November 26th, 2011, 10:24 PM
I am the lone vote for summer. My hair just slurps it up! It leaves me frizz-free and non greasy. Because my hair is so thick and so fine, some oils make it compact and lank looking. The summer blend leaves me with some body.

julliams
November 26th, 2011, 10:32 PM
I have both the original and summer. Out of those two I think I prefer the original just for the way it makes my hair feel (one of those indescribable things) so after reading all these reviews I think I'll try the winter as my hair hates protein.

HintOfMint
November 26th, 2011, 11:54 PM
I have some Nightblooming Panacea salve but I am not sure if what I have is the summer or Winter blend. I was wondering how do you tell the difference?? Is there a different look to the container? it doesn't say on it if it is winter or summer blend.:confused:
I want to order some winter blend but I don't want to order more of the same thing that I have.

The winter blend has an unmistakable sharp pine-lemon scent, so you could distinguish it that way.

jeanniet
November 27th, 2011, 02:52 AM
I love the summer blend (formerly vegan blend). Love the scent, love it in my hair. Didn't like the winter blend at all--too sticky, and too much for my hair. I would get sample sizes and try the different blends for yourself. If any don't work for your hair you can always use them on your skin.