PDA

View Full Version : Aloe anyone?

angiescurls
November 24th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Hi guys,

So I've been eyeing my aloe plant recently, wondering how I can use it for my hair... I've used it for skin problems before, but how about hair dryness/breakage? I know people use aloe juice and gel in their regimens, but any thoughts on the raw stuff?

Thanks!

coffinhert
November 24th, 2011, 09:48 PM
I suppose you could break the leaf open and rub it on your damp hair. At the end of my shower I squirt a bit of aloe in my hand then put it in my hair and give it a 2 second rinse with cool water, you might get the same benefits from rubbing raw aloe in your hair. It makes my hair more slippy and shiney, like silicons would I guess

Falcore
November 24th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I did this and I won't be doing it again..

I found an aloe plant in my backyard and thought "why not?". So I sliced it open with a razor and got all the aloe out from inside and put it in my hair mixed with some conditioner as a treatment for an hour. I rinsed and later I discovered bits of what looked like snot (yeah gross, right) in my hair! I was picking it out for two days!

I now just use the bottle stuff as it's more easy to apply. I guess if you are going to use it raw I recommend putting it in a blender to really smooth out the goobly bits.

Diamond.Eyes
November 24th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Hm...I've used natural aloe before and it honestly smells like horrible body oder and vomit. It's disgusting. I'd much rather spend a few bucks on refined aloe. Just no. :bigeyes:.

angiescurls
November 25th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Haha, alright then. Maybe I'll grab some bottled stuff and give that a try!

Amber_Maiden
November 25th, 2011, 03:04 PM
I have and really didn't find it any different from the bottled stuff I use....