PDA

View Full Version : Citre Shine Anti-Frizz Serum (In winter?)

SoulOfTheSea
November 24th, 2011, 05:38 PM
First off, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who are celebrating today. :)

I've searched about this product on the site, and didn't find as much as I was looking for. Now, I've had this product for ages and used to use it constantly before I joined LHC. I have 1/3 of a bottle and 1 bottle left and I'm thinking of what I should do with it. Now it is winter time, and so I'm discontinuing the use of Kimberlily's Defrizz Spray until it gets warm again and I need some new frizz fighters. I am damp oiling, and also oiling with jojoba oil every day lightly, but if I want it super sleek, can I use this coney serum and be okay?

My other question is, who uses this with success? Not only in winter, but in general? How often do you clarify with it? I'm super curious. :D

lapushka
November 25th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I don't use this particular brand, but I do use coney serums (IC Fantasia, Chi). I absolutely *love* it. It's like using oil, but I find it a whole lot less messy and sticky than oil. A little (like a fingertip puddle) goes a long way.

SoulOfTheSea
November 26th, 2011, 07:45 PM
How does the silicone serum compare to oils in the winter?

HintOfMint
November 27th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Last winter was my first winter with snow in close to a decade and I remember that my hair was SAVED by cones. I was pretty set with my coconut oil as a leave in during the spring, summer and fall, but it was not cutting it anymore and my hair was so dry and tangly. Cones were the only thing that allowed me to detangle. In my humble opinion, I'd go with cones as soon as oils appear to not cut it anymore, and trust me, you'll know when that is.

infinity_girl
November 27th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Citre Shine mist was the only thing that worked on my hair but alas it is not sold in the UK anymore. I love their products!

Monkie
November 27th, 2011, 06:09 AM
My mom used to use soo much citre shine stuff on my hair when I was a kid - I loved the smell.
I use the Aveda Brilliant spray now - it's probably about the same thing, but more expensive/carbon neutral.

Copasetic
November 27th, 2011, 08:30 AM
If coney serums work for you, then use them! I used to use ctire shine products all the time, but my drug store stopped selling them, and I can't find them anywhere near me. I remember that they worked well for me years ago.

lapushka
November 27th, 2011, 08:37 AM
How does the silicone serum compare to oils in the winter?

I wouldn't have a clue. Sorry. I only used oil like once, don't even remember exactly when but a long time ago. Because I found it far too messy, I switched to serums. As an F, I think it's far easier to overdo oils than it is serums.