PDA

View Full Version : Encouragement for those trying to thicken hair

LocustSpawning
November 24th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I just found a super old photo of before I was on LHC from behind that my mother took when I was visiting Tintern Abbey. This was when I heatstyled my hair everyday. I absolutely can't believe the change in thickness from then since I've started looking after my hair!!!! It really CAN double (or even triple!!) in thickness.

Before LHC: (sorry it's low quality, it's zoomed in)
http://i41.tinypic.com/r6wuoh.jpg

After LHC:
http://i40.tinypic.com/ifvrly.jpg

The difference is... crazy!!!

Madora
November 24th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Major WOW factor, LocustSpawning! Such a wonderful improvement! Congrats..and hooray for giving up the heat styling!

ange1ito
November 24th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Wow i'm sticking with LHC rules, thanks for sharing ;)

Martukita
November 24th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Amazing difference, well done!! I would like to ask if you self trim your hair, because I love your hemline and want to get something similar in the future when I get rid off my layers :) Thanks!

Heartwillfollow
November 24th, 2011, 04:29 PM
beautiful difference.. Job well done for the changes.. !!!

andreamuse
November 24th, 2011, 04:35 PM
wow, that's completely amazing!!!

Question (for anyone). Do you think that is possible for people who genetically have thinner hair or is there pretty much nothing we can do but embrace our thinness? :)

Hollyfire3
November 24th, 2011, 04:43 PM
what exactly did you do besides giving up heatstyling to get such thicker hair? what LHC rules did you follow?

Yozhik
November 24th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Yay! :cheer:

It's great to see such a concrete difference with photo evidence. :)

I found that since joining LHC my hair has increased in thickness, too. I think I was about 2.75" when I joined (can't remember exactly), and now I'm at 3.35". :D

Since I rarely (twice a year, at most) heat styled before joining, I think I can attribute to my gain in thickness from gentler brushing, near-constant updos, and stretching my washes. :)

Thumper
November 24th, 2011, 05:05 PM

Question (for anyone). Do you think that is possible for people who genetically have thinner hair or is there pretty much nothing we can do but embrace our thinness? :)

I'm going to say, sadly no. If anyone ever did discover a remedie for this they would be stinking rich!

Allychan
November 24th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Thanks for posting that photo, it gives me real hope. I have genetically thin hair but heat styling, Brazilian Keratin treatment and dying my hair has left it in a pathetic state. On the bright side, since looking after it and stopping all of the above I am starting to feel a difference in the thickness. But it is going to take a while for it to make it to the hemline at waist that I want:rolleyes:

blondie9912
November 24th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Wow, very impressive! Your hair looks like it has at least doubled in thickness

swearnsue
November 24th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Amazing and so encouraging! Thank you for sharing

ktani
November 24th, 2011, 07:09 PM

You cannot increase the number of folicles that exist in terms of thickness. However, you can make the hair you have look thicker, several ways.

1. Figure out what is making it look thinner like heavier hair care products and use lighter ones.

2. Improve the hair condition so that it can grow out with no breakage taper and look thicker.

LocustSpawning

Absolutely gorgeous!

Fantastic improvement.

mz_grim
November 24th, 2011, 07:28 PM
wow what a difference your hair looks amazing

MissManda
November 24th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Awesome progress! I love seeing threads like these. :)

I adore your hair color and hemline and am also curious as to how you get such a pretty shape!

Anywhere
November 24th, 2011, 07:37 PM
your hair gives my hair hope for thicker days.

What a HUGE improvement!

summerjade
November 24th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Wow! That is a big difference !! Thank you for sharing with us!!

lajsa
November 24th, 2011, 11:28 PM
That's amazing! :D

Like ktani said, you can't make hair thicker as in making more follicles or anything... but you can make a difference in reducing damage. I started doing exclusive CO about the time that I joined here (have slipped a bit but now back on track!), along with starting to wear my hair up a lot more and use gentler brushes and combs... and now I find that I have a lot of growing new hairs around my hairline; new growth! I'm hoping this might thicken my hair up just a little when they get long enough, but I definitely won't have a drastic difference like the OP. :p

kanaka
November 24th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Wow, thats an amazing difference.Thanks for sharing :)

Lissandria
November 25th, 2011, 01:43 AM
You give me hope now that I am doing all the right things that my hair too will look thicker from less breakage. You have gorgeous hair and what a huge improvement in thickness. Thanks for sharing.

EvaSimone
November 25th, 2011, 02:01 AM

I think people with thinner hair can find that they thicken up a little just by treating their hair kinder. I know my hair, when I joined was thinner and I could actually see my scalp in a few spots. Now my hair has gone up around an inch in circumference because I stopped all of the terrible things I was doing to my hair.

Now I don't think if you are an i that you will go to an iii but I think most people can see an improvement unless their is an underlying health problem.

Ceridwen Iris
November 25th, 2011, 03:34 AM
I really love your hemline. I'm going to show my hairdresser when I get a trim next week.

LocustSpawning
November 25th, 2011, 06:29 AM
what exactly did you do besides giving up heatstyling to get such thicker hair? what LHC rules did you follow?

Hello :)

I wore my hair up (though mostly just in a ponytail) as much as I could. Kept using cones and sulphates for most of it, took MSM, Biotin, Hair Skin & Nail vitamins daily, scalp massages, and kept it very well conditioned :)

LocustSpawning
November 25th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Also, for those who have asked about my hemline, thankyou so much! ^_^

I do trim it myself yes, although I didn't purposely make it like this, it just sort of grew like it. I do like it a lot though and hope to maintain it.

andreamuse
November 25th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Thanks, guys, for your answers to my questions. My hair's not yet long enough to put up and out of the way, but I've been COing since I decided to grow it out, taking 5000 mcg of biotin, and not blow drying anymore. When it gets long enough to put up, I will do that and hopefully the benign neglect will take over! :) I don't mind having thinner hair (I like the etherealness of my texture), but I just don't want it to be so thin that it looks straggly when it's long! :)

almond
November 25th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Amazing change, you hair is so inspiring! Thank you for sharing!

AndreaPetrea
November 25th, 2011, 07:12 AM
What a difference! Your hair is stunning!

Aveyronnaise
November 25th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Thanks for showing your improvement , it looks fabulous. I will say that my hair has totally changed in texture after LHC world, it has a really soft romantic wave now . The ends are still straight.

Jing
November 25th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Incredible! LHC always has the best before and after pictures. I really envy your hair colour, too.

Annalouise
November 25th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Hello :)

I wore my hair up (though mostly just in a ponytail) as much as I could. Kept using cones and sulphates for most of it, took MSM, Biotin, Hair Skin & Nail vitamins daily, scalp massages, and kept it very well conditioned :)

Good job LocustSpawning:)
Thanks for letting us know what you are doing differently. I wonder if the vitamins play a role. I started taking them also. And I agree about keeping the hair conditioned.;)

moon2dove
November 25th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Amazing results! Congratulations! Your hair and hemline are beautiful :)

Automne
November 25th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Wow!! Amazing difference, your hair looks so beautiful now. Thanks for sharing!

Gingerbear
November 25th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Thanks for showing your amazing improvement! Your hair is gorgeous. I'm going to think of you for inspiration. Right now my hair looks like your before photo--I can only dream that it will improve as much as yours has a year from now.

LocustSpawning
November 26th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Gingerbear, I really hope you achieve the hair you want ^_^

Thank you so much everyone for the lovely replies! Man I love this place x

giuditta
November 26th, 2011, 09:45 AM
OMG what an amazing difference, congratulations!!:cheese: