PDA

View Full Version : Hair Thanks

estelwen
November 24th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Perhaps it's a cheesy question, but on this Thanksgiving day, what are you most thankful for about your hair? I'll start the ball rolling...

I'm thankful it's strong and resilient and thick!
I'm also thankful my scalp's been healthier than ever since I got pregnant!
I'm thankful that my husband loves my hair and that those around me support my growing it out.

What about you?

NativeGirl
November 24th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I'm thankful that my hair has grown in nice and thick, even though my doctor said it would probably be thinner after chemo.
I'm also thankful that it is growing so fast. I'm so close to blending in with my family!

Amber_Maiden
November 24th, 2011, 11:33 AM
The thickness, and it's fast growth!

Diamond.Eyes
November 24th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I'm thankful for its color, texture, and healthiness. :)

Tea Lady
November 24th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I'm grateful that I know my currently tailbone length hair is capable of growing to classic length (possibly beyond - that remains to be seen!). I'm grateful for hair toys that keep my hair in place when I need it to be. I'm grateful for a hubby who loves long hair. I'm grateful that I am happy with my length right now, even though I am aiming for longer.

Ta Lady

mireillemt
November 24th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I'm thankful for my color and the fact that I've been able to grow a whole year without trimming and only minimal damage!

battles
November 24th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Thankful for the color, how soft it is, that it seems to be growing. :p

ETA: And that I'm discovering wurlies as it grows longer!!

kdaniels8811
November 24th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I am thankful to have hair and my health after going through chemo. On my way to waist and beyond! Also, I am thankful for the tons of support I got from these forums. Thank you, all!

spidermom
November 24th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I'm thankful that the silvery color is so pretty, so at least I don't mind that aspect of aging.

sbhonda
November 24th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I'm thankful that my bleached hair is gone, but I'm also thankful that bleaching it made me learn how to take care of it properly so I can now have healthier hair than I've ever had. And I'm thankful that my hair is so strong, so that even though it grows kind of slowly, I don't have to lose much of that length along the way.

PixxieStix
November 24th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I am thankful that I am still seeing evidence of new growth on the top of my head, and that I may indeed one day have it filled in completely again.
I am thankful I found this forum, the support here has helped me overcome a huge 14 year struggle, and no words will ever express that gratitude fully.
I am thankful for my future husband, who loves my hair and gives me a scalp massage every night as his way of "helping" it grow.
I am thankful for having discovered the difference between detangling, combing, and brushing and having the patience to do the first.
I am thankful that I now have almost all of my eyelashes again, even though I had forgotten how stupidly long they are.
I am thankful for henna, which has allowed me to make my auburn hair redder.

PlainLight
November 24th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I'm thankful that it's long, soft and easy to care for, and that DBF likes it and wants me to grow it as long as it will go. :grin:

Yame
November 24th, 2011, 01:11 PM
I am thankful that I still have hair on my head.
I am thankful that my hair is easy to handle and take care of, doesn't tangle much, etc.
I am thankful that I don't have to wash my hair any more than once a week.
I am thankful that my hair looks nice when bunned, especially when I oil my length.
I am thankful that my hair is growing, however slowly.
I am thankful that my hair is long, shiny, and looks beautiful in motion.

jacqueline101
November 24th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I'm thankful for my hair being able to grow faster and its healthier. I'm grateful my hair is getting better care due to this sites information.

DreadfulWoman
November 24th, 2011, 01:26 PM
I'm thankful that it's still as long as it is. I never thought I'd be able to recover waist length hair from my dreads.
I'm thankful to be stubborn enough now not to cave under pressure to highlight/ straighten/ cut it, or whatever else.
I'm thankful to be able to love it for what it is, rather than hate it for what it is not.
I'm thankful that it's mine, and that it goes with me everywhere that I go.

Madora
November 24th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I'm thankful because I still have a moderately thick head of hair in spite of thinning from medical issues.

I'd also like to thank the members of the LHC for sharing their knowledge and expertise, and their pictures too!

vanillabones
November 24th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I am thankful that my hair is a pretty virgin color that I have learned to actually desire to grow out. I'm thankful that having very thin fine hair means that growing it long will not weigh down and cause headaches. I am thankful that my former bf that I foolishly still love likes the way I look with long hair and can't wait for it to be long either. Mostly I am thankful for finding LHC otherwise there is a chance I would not even have any hair left with all of the damage I put it through right before finding the site and giving up everything cold turkey (excuse the thanksgiving pun ;) ) to give it a chance. Yay hair!

Intransigentia
November 24th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I'm thankful for my hair's shine and colour and length and thickness and overall good condition. I'm thankful to LHC that it got this way:
- I'm thankful for the support and inspiration not to just cut back to APL with lots of layers the moment it started getting difficult to manage
- Related to the above, I'm thankful I've learned new styles to do with more hair than I'm used to, or else I would have had to cut it.
- I'm thankful that I learned about coconut oil, because it seems to be my hair's holy grail

Also, as I read about people with hair loss, I'm thankful to have hair, at all.

BlondieHepburn
November 24th, 2011, 03:28 PM
After a whole decade of thinking I had boring hair that needed to be dyed, I am happy to be thankful and appreciative in regards to my natural hair. Vive les beaux cheveux naturels! :heart:

Kristin
November 24th, 2011, 05:16 PM
I am thankful that my hair is thick and shiny. Also, that its texture is really manageable; I complain a lot about having straight hair, but I know it saves me time and hassle.

estelwen
November 24th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Wow, such great thoughts from everyone. I'm thankful there are so many lovely people who are honoring their natural hair!

Hollyfire3
November 24th, 2011, 06:49 PM
I'm thankful my hair is so thick and full.
I'm thankful that my hair has so much natural curl.
I'm thankful i have finally figured out that my hair is the best when i leave it alone!
I'm thankful i have commitment to keep my beautiful hair.

Ceridwen Iris
November 24th, 2011, 07:22 PM
I'm thankful that I have hair.
I'm thankful that it is healthy and strong and seems fine with the occasional highlighting and heat styling I like to use.

aisha.christine
November 24th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I'm thankful that I have hair to begin with. I'm thankful that my hard work has paid off, and my hair is shiny, thick, and healthy. I'm also thankful that I learned to love my natural color and texture. :)

drquartz1970
November 25th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Thankful for having thick hair with waves and curls. (no need for perms)

Thankful for having a blend of brown and light hair of different shades on the same head. ( no need for artificial colouring)

Thankful for hair able to grow to nearly 2 feet in length and still growing.. (some individual's hair cannot grow this long)

Thankful for the support from friends and family.

Thankful to have healthy and shiny hair and being able to stick to the commitment of maintaining it.

Thankful and grateful of enjoying having a full head of hair with no receding hairline at 41. (I'm a male)

Thankful to have found this great hair forum and being able to learn more about hair care, not to mention the inspiring people here too.

Thankful that there is more positives then negatives. Still have to cope with fine hair that tangles, and hair drying taking ages. Still thankful.

supbanana
November 25th, 2011, 12:40 AM
I'm thankful for my natural gold color, my natural thickness, my faster than average growth rate, and the fact that I'm able to grow my hair at all. :) I'm also thankful for it being the one thing that's extraordinary (in a positive way) about my appearance. :)

Awesome thread idea! :hifive:

Avital88
November 25th, 2011, 12:43 AM
I'm thankfull for the length i gained this year
I'm thankfull for the shine my hair naturally has
I'm thankfull for the volume and bipolar texture i have(every day is a different hair day)

MonaLisa
November 25th, 2011, 12:53 AM
I'm thankful for finding this site and stopping the hair abuse..
I'm thankful there is so many amazing and interesting people here, making life more beautiful.
I'm thankful for stopping the shedding and gaining thickness
I'm thankful I easyly went back to natural color
I'm thankful for hair growth!

almond
November 25th, 2011, 01:34 AM
I'm thankful that I learnt: my hair can look good even if I don't have a trendy hair cut.
I'm thankful that I learnt how to care for my hair.
I'm thankful that my hair is growing back and stopped shedding.
I'm thankful that finally I could accept my soft and straight hair and I don't want to change it any more.

going gray
November 25th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I'm just plain "THANKFUL", for everything!

And I too would like to "THANK" everyone on this site for all there help & inspiration.

Danni5173
November 25th, 2011, 04:48 PM
I'm thankful to have found this inspiring forum and can talk to people about hair without them thinking I'm weird for caring so much.:cheese:

I'm thankful for my DH who always supports whatever I do with my hair.

I'm thankful that I still have hair on my head as I sit here with my SMT in because of major major protein overload- my hair is a hot mess right now. Without LHC- I wouldn't have known what the heck was going on since I thought I was doing everything right. :(

I'm thankful for Sulfate shampoo that I used tonight for the first time in 2 years- truth be told I love the clean feeling I get from sulfates and really missed it, not enough to go back to using it full time but it's good once in awhile. :)

I'm thankful that my hair is already on the mend though it will take some time. Again, I couldn't have done it without this forum.

Most of what I'm thankful for can be wrapped up in the first part of my post but I felt the need to type all this since many of you have helped me without even knowing.:happydance:

isabelx
November 25th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I'm thankful for my hairs volume and thickness

I'm thankful for my hairs wave/curl pattern

I'm thankful for my mum who supports my growing journey

I'm thankful for finding such a great hair forum full of thoughtful and knowledgeable people

:D

Helix
November 25th, 2011, 06:48 PM
I'm thankful to have found hair growing resources like LHC. You guys are fabulous!

I'm thankful that I haven't had many setbacks to speak of this year.

Even though I whine about the bulk sometimes, I'm thankful for my hair's thickness.

I'm thankful for shrinkage. If my hair's rubbing against my clothes too much for my liking I just wet it a little and it rises off my shoulders.

I'm thankful that my edges/hairline are filling in nicely.

I'm thankful that I've found a simple routine and products that work well with my hair.

I'm thankful that my hair's condition has improved and that I am retaining length without doing much.

In a nutshell: I've got 99 problems but my hair ain't one.