PDA

View Full Version : No Trims in 2012 Challenge!

Pages : [1] 2 3

ArienEllariel
November 24th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Since we're coming to the end of 2011 fairly rapidly, I figured I would start a new thread. :)

Who's for no trims in 2012? :cheese:

javagrl
November 24th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Me! Just got done having had 2 inches cut off the length ( i only wanted an inch and a half at the most.. blah what are you gonna do?) and now my hair is right at shoulders. Might do a tiny dusting in December for the final one.

This might be a stuggle for me. I am a hirdresser and I cut hair all day long so I practice that same attention to my own ends and I usually like a real blunt hemline. But, my hair grows fairly slow and I been real good about practicing all the methods I've seen on LHC so I'm excited to see what THE HAIR does if anything.

Oh and I've been directing some of my long haired customers to the site and you have more tips than I can give them in one sitting. :) Happy holidays everyone.

I'm still to new to post pics but maybe someday..

moon2dove
November 24th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Me toooo!!

I micro trimmed 2 days ago, so hopefully I can keep my mitts off the shears in 2012. I get so easily tempted to trim after a few moinths. :)

Anywhere
November 24th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I'm going to try, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up caving at some point mid-year. Velcro ends and thinness do need trimming.. but it's getting better.

cheetahfast
November 24th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Oooh!!! Me! I'm in!

I haven't trimmed since last January. My hemline is never even (curls) so I think when I reach my goal I'll get a trim. Right now I think my hemline is actually petty even. I also don't have any issues with my ends yet...I wear it up 98% of the time. Unless I get splits I'll be a no trimer :)

Hairwish
November 24th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Count me in! :)

Tuna
November 24th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I will try. (the only thing that i'm going to cut is split ends... with seek and destroy)
But i've been thinking about changing my whole hairstyle... i don't know.
I will try to let it alone for another year... only to see how long it grows. :D

Amber_Maiden
November 24th, 2011, 11:32 AM
I'm definitely in! :D

sbhonda
November 24th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I'm probably going to try to get a trim before the end of the year to fix my layers. If I do, I will attempt to go no trims in 2012, but if I need a trim, I will get it. After having unhealthy, bleached hair for over a year that's finally gone, my priority is health over length. But it's likely that I won't need trims since I'm not prone to split ends. I want to reach APL ASAP, so no trims is the best way to do that if I can do it without damage.

ETA: My hair is too short to S&D effectively, especially since I have so much, otherwise I would be more committed to the no trims idea.

Diamond.Eyes
November 24th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Count me in! I had a big trim from hip to waist about two or three months ago and my hair is still virtually damage-free! I'm hoping that if I keep up on my current hair regimen, that it will stay free of any damage. I guess we'll see! :D

Monkie
November 24th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Joining. My hair is longer than this time last year, so I think it will be less of a struggle for me. :)

kittymallow
November 24th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Ohh i will try this!! I am so svarer of splits that i dust every 2 months, but last microtrim will be in the end of december if i have reached bsl.. if not bsl, i will wait :)

PixxieStix
November 24th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Tentatively, I want to give it a try, but may end up having to do some S&D. I'll go get another dusting at the end of December and go from there, but it sure would be nice to see how much my hair would grow in a year with no trims!

morrigan*
November 24th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I'm in :D.
I want to start this thread a month ago but figure it was too early.

Miss Maisie
November 24th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I can possibly in for this. I am between SL and APL right now (closer to SL). I don't want to trim until I get to BSL. Once I get there, I'll trim. I can be in for "No trim until BSL!" :)

cnd0020
November 24th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I can possibly in for this. I am between SL and APL right now (closer to SL). I don't want to trim until I get to BSL. Once I get there, I'll trim. I can be in for "No trim until BSL!" :)

I'm an inch or two short of APL, too. So I'm in for the "No trims til BSL" challenge!

fluffybunny
November 24th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Woo-hoo! I'm in.

Not trimming in 2011 was a breeze. Just snipped off a few individual knotted strands and a few splits, but that was it. I should go from "pretty long" to "starting to get kinda crazy long" in 2012.

:cheese:

tori93
November 24th, 2011, 02:42 PM
i'm getting a trim mid december and was thinking of not trimming in 2011, i am trying to grow out layers and want to maintain once i reach APL. I will reach APL before 2012 so might start maintaining them but we will see :D I've always trimmed my hair so i don't know how it will turn out.

tori93
November 24th, 2011, 02:43 PM
i meant 2012:agree:

AcornMystic
November 24th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I'm totally in for this challenge. I've been waiting for this thread to be created so I could join right away, because I've been planning to join this challenge since around the time I first found out about these challenges, close to my joining. I was stalking the no trims in 2011 thread because of it haha. I want to be at BSL by the end of 2012 since my hair has been growing an inch per month these past couple months, and I'm hoping it keeps going. I've even started taking chewable multi-vitamins and mineral in-one tablets. I want to start cutting my own hair from now on and it's not long enough yet to do so using Feye's method, so I see no reason why not to just wait until the end of next year. I also desperately want to get to a point where I can pony ALL of my hair, mostly for work, so if it means not cutting my hair at all then I will. I try to S&D every 2 months but my hair isn't really long enough to do it effectively, so I tend to skimp out. So I can probably do without the S&D until it gets a little past shoulder.

Can't wait for the 2012 non-trimming to begin and see who is left standing!:cheese::p

jojo
November 24th, 2011, 02:59 PM
please can i join and be a "i am not going to trim for 6 months member :D" I am planning on not trimming until my Birthday in May when I should hit hip length and then go another 6 months.

ebba
November 24th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I'm in!
I'll just do some S&Ding in late December and see if i can keep it up haha

Kyaatje
November 24th, 2011, 03:24 PM
please can i join and be a "i am not going to trim for 6 months member :D" I am planning on not trimming until my Birthday in May when I should hit hip length and then go another 6 months.

I'll join you on this ! I was planning to do a trim in June (depending on moon and birthday) and maybe some s&d if needed. Not sure where I'll end up but we'll see 😊

heidi.maryke
November 24th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I have a hair appointment booked for the 31st of December, and plan to get my bleached ends cut off (2-3 inches). So I will be in for this challenge until I get back to APL :-)

colormeindie
November 24th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I'm going to tell my mom to hide my flat iron so i dont get tempted lol. But count me in! :D

<3OnHerSleeve
November 24th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I am so in!!! I haven't trimmed or even S&D since August. Since I cut off all the damaged hair, it's been three months and no split ends so next year I want to see how long I can go before I find a split end. I'll probably S&D as needed but I don't count that as trimming/microtrimming. I've been looking forward to this thread for a while, I have wanted to go on a no-trimming for a year but couldn't this year because my hair was so damaged and I had no choice but to trim till I braved up and cut all the dye/bleach/perm/relaxed hair out.

LocustSpawning
November 24th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I'm in... I think.. although I'm not sure if I can make myself stop the microtrims! Just a milimeter every month or so.. pleeease.. am I allowed or forbidden?

Creatureling
November 24th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Can I be included? I didn't trim at all this year and my ends are still healthy, so I think I can go another year with only S&D.

Ceridwen Iris
November 24th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I'm in. I can't remember when I last cut my hair but I'm thinking I'll get a cut this December as I've discovered my hair is quite wavy and I think a more defined u hemline will look nice.

Toiréasa
November 24th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I'm in for sure last trim I had was March of this year. No splits, ends are in good condition & I wear it up 99% of the time I just reached BSL and hoping for waist by the end of 2012.

Netabug
November 24th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I'm in! I just trimmed about an inch or so off in October so my ends feel nice and blunt... lol I went a year once without trimming and gained a whole lot of length. I'm hoping to do that again!

oscarthehamster
November 24th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Me ! I'm not going to trim my hair until 2013 ~
I want to get to waist without losing any length throughout the year. :cheese:

TheBluffs
November 24th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I'm in. :) No trims in 2011 was awesome, but I'll cut off an inch at the end of 2011, then no trimming for a year!

jaine
November 24th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Can't do it this year...I think I'll always trim in November of each year, so I can look nice for the holidays after a crazy, wonky summer growth spurt. I might also have it trimmed in the spring if my ends feel rough or tangly.

ArienEllariel
November 25th, 2011, 02:24 AM

of course! :D

ArienEllariel
November 25th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Oh and I never count seek and destroy as an actual trim. I've done a lot of S&D this year for sure. Crossing my fingers and hoping to make it through another year without a trim. Seriously, it's been a year and a half since my last trim and my ends aren't bothering me at all.

morrigan*
November 25th, 2011, 02:31 AM
I want to get to waist without losing any length throughout the year. :cheese:
I too want to get to waist without triming :D

alyanna
November 25th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Yaaaaayyyy!!!! I'm so excited for my 2012 hair journey!

2011 sucked :mad: I hated growing from chin to shoulder and now hoping for APL by the end of the year (wishful thinking I believe :rolleyes: ) Sidenote: I just did my first application of Daktarin hoping to get a bit of a growth spurt. Never thought I would try this :o

But I didn't do too badly this year in terms of hair health. I've definitely got a better routine down since joining LHC in March of 2011.

Sooooo, no trims in 2012, I'm in (at least for 6 months anyway)!!! Now I'm not sure if I'll trim one last time before January. Probably not. My last trim was September I believe.

*Seraphina*
November 25th, 2011, 03:05 AM
I'm in!! My last trim was this month. I am curious how long my hair would be next year! :D

skraprchik
November 25th, 2011, 03:20 AM
I am up for this challenge. I'd love to really know how quickly my hair grows, and if the things that I am trying in 2012 really make a difference in my growth rate.

discoisntdead
November 25th, 2011, 03:22 AM
I'm in! I'm currently in the no-mans-land of hair: a chin length bob. It's driving me crazy. I'm ridiculously excited for my hair to become long enough to tie up in a ponytail.

PaganPriestess
November 25th, 2011, 03:53 AM
I want in! I am going to try to go without cutting & see how long I can get. :) Might try a S&D here & there, but otherwise not touching it. Hemline be damned!

Kamir0
November 25th, 2011, 05:42 AM
I'm in. :) No trims in 2011 was awesome, but I'll cut off an inch at the end of 2011, then no trimming for a year!

I might do that too, but at the moment, my ends seem fine. :)

I had a long S&D session yesterday, and most of the damage is located in one area on the top layer anyway so a trim would not do much for that...

HazyMoon
November 25th, 2011, 05:48 AM
I'm in! My last trim was in October. I don't do much to my hair and I can always microtrim right?

Avital88
November 25th, 2011, 05:48 AM
i saw the title and i wanted to join immediately!! but no i just made a hairtrimming deal with MonaLisa, she is gonna skip the trimming for 3 months and im going to (micro)trim for 3 months every month starting dec 1..So if i can join in February 2012 that would be perfect, i need to at least jump in with a thick hemline..no trims for one year without good ends is suicide for most hemlines

MonaLisa
November 25th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Haha , I could then trim in February and join too? :)
Maybe that would get me to classic!
If only I could stay determined!
I'm really have a lot of respect for people who can do this no trimming thing!

Avital, hopefully in February you will have thick ends and I'll make it to TBL!

Vanilla
November 25th, 2011, 07:09 AM
I normally trim every 6 months. I am going to try not having and trims in 2012. I can't wait to see how long my hair grows with no trims.

rock007junkie
November 25th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I'm in. I hope I can stay in for the whole year. I've become very scissor happy micro-trimming.

longcurlygirl<3
November 25th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I will try :) Haven't had a trim since March '11 and I might be at tailbone by mid-'12 ;p

ladonna
November 25th, 2011, 01:03 PM
If S&D doesn't count, then I'm in.

Alias
November 25th, 2011, 02:07 PM
I'm also in! With regular S&Ds, of course.

mz_grim
November 25th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I will be in on this one.

Demetrue
November 25th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Well, I still have 1.5 inches left of obvious damage. I want to leave my hair alone for 3 months, then trim off the last of the major damage, then let it grow for a long, long time. So count me in starting February!

shannonsun
November 25th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Count me in. After my recent chop I'm finally layer-less with blunt, healthy ends!!! I sacrificed a good number of inches, and am sitting somewhere between shoulder and APL now. Here's to having thick, healthy BSL hair by this time next year! :)

see_turtle
November 25th, 2011, 04:34 PM
I am in! I have blunt ends right now. I ended up trimming about 4-5" this year which wicked slowed down my growth. I'm hoping for waist by June or July and nearing hip by October when I get married.

gibsongirl71
November 25th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I am going to give it a try. :-)

Danni5173
November 25th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I'm definitely in- so far I have only done a couple of S and D's this year but no trims- hoping to make it 2 years. :)

Keller1128
November 26th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Count me in! I'll still S&D though. I just got 2 inches cut off earlier this month so I'll be starting from then. I'm excited to see how much it grows!

seaj
November 26th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I want to play! What's another year without a trim? It's already been 2 years and 4 months since my last haircut. I only snipped two fairy knots and 1 odd spit end since. I'll be expecting some really nice fairytale ends by the end of next year.

PeachyWavy
November 26th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I'm in! I'm hoping to get some hair shears/scissors as a gift (strange request as my mother pointed out. She's clearly not acquainted with the LHC ways!) so I'll just be doing S&D's until my hair's less damaged from the bleach/flatironing/blowdrying.

embee
November 26th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Me! I've had no trims since 2005, right before I found LHC. No intention of changing that. :)

gazelle
November 28th, 2011, 04:34 AM
I don't have many split ends, but they get thinner as they get longer. I do not want to trim in 2012,too.

gazelle
November 28th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Me! I've had no trims since 2005, right before I found LHC. No intention of changing that. :)

Embee, my ends started to look thinner, although I trimmed in this year. I admire that you did not need to trim since 2005

MrsGuther
November 28th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Since we're coming to the end of 2011 fairly rapidly, I figured I would start a new thread. :)

I'm a non trimmer, so of course I'm in! :D

Fairytale
November 28th, 2011, 04:52 AM
:cheese:Count me in for another year .

naturegirl321
November 28th, 2011, 05:31 AM
count me in

maria_tasha
November 28th, 2011, 05:38 AM
I'm in. My last cut was in September.

PeacenQuietGal
November 28th, 2011, 06:34 AM
I am in! But I am going to prepare with a trim in Dec 2011, and Possibly get some bangs, I haven't decided yet... This time around I will prepare with a trim because last time I had already gone since the April before, and only made it until August 5th. Mainly because I was still growing out stacked bob layers... But this time, with preparation, I shall make it!!!

bouclée
November 28th, 2011, 06:59 AM
I'm in! I haven't cut since July 2011 and I have no split ends yet so far, so no trim planned for me...

skyblue
November 28th, 2011, 07:54 AM
I'm gonna try this!
I have micro trimmed all year (it will be a yr in January)
I've only gained 2 inches so far, so heck ya I want to gain some inches lol!
Hopefully I can keep myself from the scissors!
I'll do a small trim on the last day of Dec to even things up then hide them suckers ;)

kdaniels8811
November 28th, 2011, 08:00 AM
No trims for me! My hair has not been touched since it started growing out from bald so it has been 15 months so far and I do not plan to trim at all in 2012.

pinupdancer
November 28th, 2011, 08:34 AM
I'm totally in! After hacking off 6 inches in August my ends are healthy enough to not need a trim. If they somehow get out of hand I might have to do a S&D session, but I doubt it. :)

Varney
November 28th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Hmm.. I'm thinking about joining. I've managed to live up to the no trims in 2011 challenge. But I will need to trim around new year. Does it still count if I have a trim on new years day and then no trims from then on? :P

CornishMaid
November 28th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I am in. Had a big cut from waist to shoulder this summer. Am on my way to BSL, was hoping to get there before the end of the year, but dont think am gonna make it ;)

Becky9679
November 28th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I plan to try and leave off trimming for as long as humanly possible so yeah count me in! My last trim of any kind was at the start of November 2010 and I'm so pleased with the length I've gained thus far I want to keep going :D

Rebeccalaurenxx
November 28th, 2011, 01:45 PM
I want to try this. Im always way too scissor happy :/

Martukita
November 30th, 2011, 05:34 PM
I'm in! I did a microtrim of both my lenght and my layers today ( with a ponytail) because my ends are damaged. I think I will do another microtrim at the end of the year and then just let it grow all 2012! :eyebrows:

kidari
November 30th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I'm in! Although I may do a microtrim if I see splits or get velcro ends but I will definitely try! I want to reach waist finally and I keep trimming like crazy every month so this should help.

Aimskylove
November 30th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Count me in! :)

~Jenny^-^~
November 30th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I'm definitely in! I need to stay away from those sharp metal things that like to eat my hair! :scissors::run:

silverjen
November 30th, 2011, 08:51 PM
This is something I REALLY need do do if I'm going to gain any length. It's the toughest challenge, though. I tried in 2011, and it was a complete failure. I want to make it a Halloween to Halloween (Samhain, actually) challenge, as something more personally meaningful. So, I'm already a month in!

I feel confident I can keep my ends in good shape for a year, so that's something. Yay for virgin hair.

kittykat86
December 1st, 2011, 11:51 AM
I'm in. I don't really like getting my hair trimmed anyway :D

KahlanAmnell
December 1st, 2011, 04:40 PM
A few months ago I cut off all of my hair that was dyed. I went from BSL to shorter than chin length, and now it's at chin length. I can see a huge difference in my hair already. I'm in for the challenge, I want to see how long it can get without me messing with it. Hopefully my curly hair will hide any unevenness in my hair. LOL

A. Correira
December 1st, 2011, 05:06 PM
I want to try this! I am trying to have my hair grow grow grow... the only problem I have is that my hair was once a concave bob, so right now the back is a smidge shorter than the front. It appears to be slowly evening out by itself and the ends are very healthy and rather blunt cut. So I decided that if my hair doesn't even up by my birthday, in April, then I will cave and trim it to be all even. If not, then there will be no trims for me!

NymphSpirit
December 1st, 2011, 05:24 PM
This is something I REALLY need do do if I'm going to gain any length. It's the toughest challenge, though. I tried in 2011, and it was a complete failure. I want to make it a Halloween to Halloween (Samhain, actually) challenge, as something more personally meaningful. So, I'm already a month in!

I really like that Samhain to Samhain no trim challenge! It makes it sound even more interesting :p

---

I'm thinking of joining the challenge too... But I wont stick strictly to it, I've already had a no trim year, so if I feel my ends are getting too thin or damaged (which I hope wont happen shudder: ) I'll trim. So, okay, I'm in :D

(Is this showing up twice? If so, I'm sorry, my internet is all weird!)

morrigan*
December 1st, 2011, 11:37 PM

I'm too at least one month in already :D

-j-
December 2nd, 2011, 12:08 AM
I´m in!

Will there be a new social group for this one?

Totte
December 2nd, 2011, 09:00 AM
Definitely in for this! Cut my hair from just past BSL to almost SL so it needs to GROW :3!

gazelle
December 2nd, 2011, 02:36 PM
I will trim on 4th or 5th December, which is said good dates for trimming. Than I am with you, no trim in 2012

XcaliburGirl
December 2nd, 2011, 03:00 PM
I am in! This way, if by the end of December I need to do one last trim to even up the back and front, I can do it before the challenge starts.

Cjatje
December 2nd, 2011, 03:04 PM
I'm in!
But will there be any support, cause I'm a known haircutrecidivist ;)
I adore my hairdresser, and he loves to cut my hair, so I need to break up with him (altough he's totally not in to me :D )
My ends are in very good shape, the last cut was end og August, so I definately want to be able to wait untill August '12, but even better would be December '12 or even longer with no haircuts...

Maraz
December 2nd, 2011, 03:05 PM
I'm up for it, just S & D here, hopefully until I hit classic. Then maybe after that I'll even it up.

Manzanilla
December 3rd, 2011, 05:58 AM
Count me in!!! I think i may do some search and destroy but im not going to the hairdresser!!!

kitcatsmeow
December 3rd, 2011, 07:11 AM
I wanna try! After five months at LHC I have quit sulfates, except for the occasional clarifying wash, and irons/straighteners. And after my cut my hair is looking good. So hopefully I will be at mid back BSL by this time next year.

LovingLife
December 3rd, 2011, 09:00 AM
I'm in! After a dusting around christmastime (whilist waiting for santa to come ;))
Which just takes off all of my split ends I'll be on track to reach waist in July ! Yay!

BerryFlap
December 4th, 2011, 02:17 AM
I'm in :)

I last cut my hair in June... It was not good. Waist to Chin - which I didn't even ask for :/
I'll probably have to S&D regularly, but I'm hoping to get away without trims and dusting - I've got my growth accelerated nicely with roobios so if that keeps up and I don't have to trim loads off, I could gain a considerable amount of length in 2012 :)

missdelarocha
December 4th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I'll try... :o
I have no need to cut it now but a year is a long time.

isabelx
December 4th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I'll try. I'd really love to gain the whole 6 inches of 2012. If my hair stays in the state it's in at the moment, I'll be fine. I can see the ends getting dry and scraggly in a few months time though. Fingers crossed they don't though!

ladyshep
December 4th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Me, I'm in. I haven't cut my hair in 10 years and I have no splits or breakage.

ladyshep
December 4th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Me, I'm in, because I don't cut. *laughs*

MissCoco
December 4th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I'm in for this year as well! :D I got about 7" in 2011, so I can't wait to see what length my hair will reach in 2012! I've never grown my hair past 31" (it's at about 29" right now), so I'm super excited! :cheese:

Jesabel
December 4th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I'm not sure if I qualify to join but..
I'm currently at BSL (or a bit past bottom of my bra strap) and am getting an inch cut off in a week and then I'm not cutting til June to see if I can get to waist in that time :)

Floodman
December 5th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Yeah what the hell, I'm in too! Won't trim at all, but I will perhaps start to S&D once my hair is long enough for me to search! :)

Pixie0763
December 5th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Does S&D count? If not, then I'm in! I don't usually have split ends, but that's the only thing that would tempt me to do any kind of cutting until I get some length to my hair. (Last trim was August.)

Soltimus
December 5th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Count me in :cheese:
I plan on getting rid of the worst split ends during december, and then I'm up for seeing how long it can get without getting near scissors through 2012.

Zenjam
December 7th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Im in too! :) I've had enough of trimming, and I just want to let my hair grow now

sbhonda
December 8th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I got a trim yesterday that will hopefully carry me through at least June, hopefully all of 2012. It felt like she cut off more than I was hoping she would, but looking at this picture from after the trim compared to 2 weeks before the trim, it looks like I only lost about 2 weeks of growth, more on some layers.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x399/shelleyshair/Dec7Trim.jpg

I was disappointed when my hair stylist said, "you did need a trim," because I didn't think I needed one badly enough for it to be noticeable. But then she said, "I have to tell you... your hair is very shiny." So that made me feel better.

Becky9679
December 8th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I was disappointed when my hair stylist said, "you did need a trim," because I didn't think I needed one badly enough for it to be noticeable. But then she said, "I have to tell you... your hair is very shiny." So that made me feel better.

It's been my experience and seemingly that of many others here that stylists will usually tell you that you really need a trim even when you don't and will generally cut off more than you want, so don't feel bad about that. I personally wouldn't go to a hairdresser at all, I'm much happier cutting my own, but if you do go to one you have to be very firm and definite about it (i.e. 'I only want this much taking off *holding up forefinger and thumb half an inch apart* please don't cut any more. No, not even if you think I need it')

I'm sure a lot of stylists would have a fit at my hair (last cut in November 2010) but really the only thing wrong with it is an uneven hemline and I can deal with that in exchange for the length I've gained. As long as you take good care of your hair there's no reason why you can't go for a year without cutting. The longest I've gone without one in the past is three years :D

sbhonda
December 8th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I personally wouldn't go to a hairdresser at all, I'm much happier cutting my own, but if you do go to one you have to be very firm and definite about it (i.e. 'I only want this much taking off *holding up forefinger and thumb half an inch apart* please don't cut any more. No, not even if you think I need it')

I intend to try trimming my own hair once it gets longer, but at this point it's too short. I don't want to be cutting behind my head where I can't see what I'm doing. I actually don't think she cut off more than a 1/4" to 1/2", it's just that that amount felt like a bigger difference than I expected it to. But I do have a feeling that she would have said I needed a trim regardless of what it looked like.

morrigan*
December 11th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I didn't trim from end of september and i have around 2 inch of growth for now. I really hope to make it a year :D

Smile4Kiki
December 11th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I want to try! I was already planning to wait until at least July for my next trim, might as well go for the whole year. I may microtrim at some point during that time but as far as going to the salon I want to avoid it altogether in 2012.

Amarante
December 11th, 2011, 02:20 PM
I'm in! Except I will allow myself to S&D here and there. :)

flowerlovelong
December 11th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Not me this year. I haven't trimmed (except S&D's) for the last 2 years. I'm NOT going to the salon, but I will have a trustworthy friend do some trimming to even my scraggily ends.

See you in 2013 hopefully!

Helene
December 11th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I trim will trim my hair in two weeks, before the New Year, then no more trim for me.

elfgirl
December 11th, 2011, 10:28 PM
I got my hair cut (it was supposed to be a trim, but the ends were worse than I thought, so it was a cut of about 4 inches) at the end of October, and my goal is for no trims next year :D I might get it trimmed one last time in the next two weeks, but am not sure yet. ;)

haibane
December 12th, 2011, 08:47 PM
I'm in. I'll just roll over from the 2011 challenge. I haven't cut my hair in years and plan on just letting it grow.

door72067
December 12th, 2011, 08:49 PM
as of right now, I'm in

Curly_jas
December 13th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Ooh I'm in! I had actually just decided no trimming for 2012 today but i didn't realise a new thread had been made :D i didn't do too well with this years no trimming goal, but next year i plan to really stick to it. I am ditching the hair straighteners again (got back on that wagon 2-3 months ago tut tut), so hopefully without them i won't need to trim. My birthday is coming up in January though, so that might be the only time i heat style my hair. It'll be fun to see how much growth i get without trimming!

RedheadMistress
December 13th, 2011, 04:03 AM
- I'm in ! Need to remind myself not to trim . Me and my friend promised to stop eachother each time we consider cutting our hairs ! I'm growing out semi healthy hair and she's growing dreads :P

WIll be interesting to see what length it'll be too at the end.. atm I'm wearing synthetic dreads ^^

IanB
December 13th, 2011, 04:51 AM
I'll sign up again!

Vintagecoilylocks
December 13th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Me, I'm in, because I don't cut. *laughs*

I was told I don't need to cut to grow. And Its been years since I have. I do love your hair it is fabulous.

Question though, what is the natural growth pattern of your hair? Does your crown and subsequent layers grow out over the under layers there by being longer in inches but falling to the same position on your body? Or does the crown and subsequent layers trail in position on your body being the same length in inches.

This is uncharted waters for me. I have never had hair this long. When I started my journey I attributed the layers to damage and poor care. It began to grow and obtain length with a better regimine. Then I went through a 5 year shed:( But the difference of length remained. Now the shedding has subsided a bout a year ago and I am happily gaining length again but I am wandering if my crown and subsequent layers will ever reach the same length or only be equal in inches there by giving the appearance of thin damaged ends. I love fairy tale ends I just want to understand them:confused:

Sorry for so long just would like to hear from a non cutter like yourself. There are not to many around:)

Vintagecoilylocks
December 13th, 2011, 08:37 AM
I am totally in this,

I haven't cut in about 9 years:cheese:

xoxophelia
December 20th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I'm up to the challenge. I will start also wearing my hair in protective updos most of the time in 2012 so that I can put it up and forget about it. Since I now have pretty healthy ends I think between no heat styling and the updos I should be able to do it. My only concern is that my hair will start to get FTEs.

Shuan
December 20th, 2011, 02:07 PM
I'd like to join, would be my second year without trimming. Had some splits, but removed most of them by S&Ding. Still wondering how long I can go before it starts splitting like crazy.

tori93
December 20th, 2011, 02:09 PM
does dusting and S & D count as trimming?

moon2dove
December 20th, 2011, 02:34 PM
I'd like to join, would be my second year without trimming. Had some splits, but removed most of them by S&Ding. Still wondering how long I can go before it starts splitting like crazy.

Did you get some good growth this year from no trims ?

:D

cooklaezo13
December 20th, 2011, 02:39 PM
I'm going to try to get a trim before the end of 2011, if not then at the beginning of January 2012, then go the whole year without trimming. I want to get rid of my ends that I have right now because they have slight layers razored into them, and the hair will look much better grown out if I get my hair trimmed to a more blunt hemline before I grow more.

ladylowtide
December 20th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I'm doing it too! I just I haven't cut or trimmed my hair since july and I'm not stopping until 2013! :D

mireillemt
December 20th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I'm in! I just got a trim after over a year without trimming so I'm good to go for 2012!

Carissamarie08
December 20th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Im in, I havent cut my hair since Jan. 2010..so I think I can keep this up.

Carissamarie08
December 20th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I meant Jan. 2011****

Shuan
December 20th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Did you get some good growth this year from no trims ?

:D
I'm content with the growth. It has grown for about 10 inches I think, I'm not too sure what my starting length was. It's growing steadily to bsl though, which is/was my original goal. But now that I'm almost there it doesn't seem near long enough. :D
Now I'm think of letting it grow to waist length.

Bri925
December 20th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I have a question and I am new to the site and tips. I was wondering how can you go a whole year without trimming? I get split ends all the time and I have to trim them. I have just started oiling and vitamins thanks to this site, but is there even more I am missing? I know that split ends can cause breakage if not taken care of and if I could learn even more then count me in!

dili
December 20th, 2011, 05:00 PM
im in!!! i not gonna trim in 2012, maximum some search and destroy

danceri110
December 20th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I'm so in! I should post a photo on here of my hair now so I can compare it in December 2012(: hopefully I'll be between waist and hip by then!

Here we go!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9344&pictureid=121634

Amiblue
December 20th, 2011, 06:00 PM
I'm in. I want to get one more trim to fix the mistake made in October, but then I'm off for another 1.5 years or so. :-)

Darkessa
December 20th, 2011, 06:09 PM
MEMEMEMEEME!!!!!
Definitely me.
Plus NO heat styling. :D

millyaulait
December 20th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I'm in! As long as I can trim my bangs.... P:

I'm going to wear my hair up for (mostly) the whole of 2012 while trimming my bangs to keep everything looking presentable at the front.

blondie9912
December 20th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I want to do this but I feel like I'll cave around summertime. I'm off to university in fall 2012 so I will most likely go get a nice trim from my favorite hairdresser to make my ends even and crisp, but until then I'll stick around :) I had my last big cut about 8 months ago and despite dying it waaay too much this summer, I haven't even had to S&D yet

JessiBird89
December 20th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I'm in. Gave myself a 1 inch trim a couple of days ago. Hoping to be at waist (or close to) this time next year. So excited! Waist is my goal! :gabigrin:

Callque
December 20th, 2011, 09:56 PM
I'm in! I maintained at BSL and cut off about three inches total this year. :( Bad ends drive me CRAZY, but I really want to try to not touch my hair with scissors next year. I've never gone a year without trimming, so I have no idea what it will be like. I will try though! Good luck to everyone else. :)

sarahbrownie
December 20th, 2011, 11:03 PM
I did a big trim tonight to join this thread. I trimmed off a good three inches (yikes!) and went from barely BSL up to APL again to start 2012 velcro-end free! Sigh. Three years and I still haven't gone beyond BSL. I'm up for no trims 2012 plus no heat styling (except for graduation this year!). I hope I can hit BSL by Graduation.

haibane
December 21st, 2011, 02:35 AM
I have a question and I am new to the site and tips. I was wondering how can you go a whole year without trimming? I get split ends all the time and I have to trim them. I have just started oiling and vitamins thanks to this site, but is there even more I am missing? I know that split ends can cause breakage if not taken care of and if I could learn even more then count me in!

Welcome! :)

My hair was crazy splitty when I got to LHC (pretty much every hair) but now I hardly ever get splits.
These two articles are super helpful on dealing with and avoiding damage and splits/breakage:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=8
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=79
Look into S&D (search and destroy) if you want to avoid full trims.
Other things to look into that can help prevent splits: wearing your hair up, catnip tea soaks, CWC/CO/curly hair methods, misting, damp bunning, moisture/oil treatments, henna/cassia, other tea rinses/soaks, finger combing. Also, cones seem to prevent splits in some cases, especially on hair with previous chemical or heat damage.
Sorry, information overload, but yes, there are other things to try. :)

This is some good advice on how to avoid being overwhelmed by the way: ;)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=39

alyanna
December 21st, 2011, 03:01 AM
I'm still undecided as to whether to trim before the end of the year. You know, to start fresh and all.

I don't think my hair needs a trim all that much (last one was beginning of September). Also, I just had a growth spurt after a long stall (since my last trim actually) so I don't know if I want to get rid of the growth.

But going without means that I'll actually be doing 14 or 15 months with no trims!

moon2dove
December 21st, 2011, 08:32 AM
I'm still undecided as to whether to trim before the end of the year. You know, to start fresh and all.

I don't think my hair needs a trim all that much (last one was beginning of September). Also, I just had a growth spurt after a long stall (since my last trim actually) so I don't know if I want to get rid of the growth.

But going without means that I'll actually be doing 14 or 15 months with no trims!

If it helps..
I did a micro trim around October time.
I am going to do another one tomorrow ready for this challenge.
S&Ding regularly during this time, will help to keep split ends at bay.:D

Tapioca
December 21st, 2011, 12:39 PM
I'm willing to give it a shot, as long as I can still do S&D.

Phoenix67
December 21st, 2011, 07:47 PM
OK. Deep breath - big commitment....:) Feeling a little scared but excited so here goes......
I will join this challenge and commit to no trims in 2012.
There all done, no going back. Will be quite exciting to see how long my hair can get in one year. Yay to all of us :p

rhubarbarin
December 21st, 2011, 08:02 PM
I'm in. I'm still not sure whether I'll give myself a little trim before January!

Arashi
December 21st, 2011, 10:18 PM
I'm going to join but in the no trims for the first half of 2012 group. I'm traveling abroad for the first time in my life in June 2012, and would like my hair to be manageable for the trip so I am going to get an inch or two off at the beginning of that month. As it is, the last time I had my hair trimmed was, I believe... August of this year, so I will have gone a couple months short of a year by then.

marena
December 21st, 2011, 10:25 PM
I'm in!! I will only cut the damaged ends but I will do it one by one as I usually do every morning! Am I the only one obsessed with S&D? :p

Mischamiu
December 22nd, 2011, 06:38 AM
I'm going to try not to cut it!! I have never went so long without cutting it, my last trim was in october and I already have split ends... but hopefully I will resist the tentation

XcaliburGirl
December 22nd, 2011, 06:56 AM
I was thinking about backing out of this challenge, but I really just want to get through this awkward chin to shoulder stage as quickly as possible. I might not make it all the way through 2012, but I'd at least like to brush shoulder length before trimming.

Oksana
December 22nd, 2011, 07:19 AM
Okay I am in! I was thinking about starting trimming again in October (when i should reach waist) but why not keep growing for the rest of the year and then trim?!?! :p

I'm sure S&D will be my best friend.

I will be starting at 26" in January so fingers crossed to reach 32" :)

Matesse81
December 22nd, 2011, 10:11 AM
Count me in!

alyanna
December 22nd, 2011, 10:19 AM
If it helps..
I did a micro trim around October time.
I am going to do another one tomorrow ready for this challenge.
S&Ding regularly during this time, will help to keep split ends at bay.:D

I'd like to do a microtrim. I think my hair is long enough to do it myself but I don't have any hair shears. If I manage to get ahold of a pair, I think I'll snip a teensy bit off before the end of the year.

MrsMc
December 22nd, 2011, 11:33 AM
Having just come back from the butcher, er I mean stylist, I'm all in! It will be a long time before I trust my hair to anyone again. S&D all the way!

Rocket22
December 22nd, 2011, 02:42 PM
I'm in... (will try anyways) I was in the 2011 no trim but had to do a little. Even though I did trim some being in the no trim club sure makes me trim less. :)

Tapioca
December 23rd, 2011, 08:54 PM
I'm willing to give it a shot, as long as I can still do S&D.
I take it back! I'm weak, so very weak. I love my blunt trimmed ends. :: petting the ends of my hair :: It's okay, my pretty. I didn't mean it... :p

moon2dove
December 24th, 2011, 10:53 AM
I take it back! I'm weak, so very weak. I love my blunt trimmed ends. :: petting the ends of my hair :: It's okay, my pretty. I didn't mean it... :p

Awww, bless!

Merry Christmas:xmas:

suzye
December 24th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I'm in! I'd love to get down to waist-length by the end of the year. I'll do a maybe 1/2 inch trim before the end of the year to prepare. :)

Sunny Elf
December 24th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Count me in! I'm hoping to be back at waist length by the end of next year :)

arantxarivas
December 24th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Im innn! Today i cutted my hair because i wanted a fresh start!
Is really shooooort but looks really healthy so its ok! No trimss on 2012
Maybe just s&d's! Wohoooo

arantxarivas
December 24th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Im innn! Today i cutted my hair because i wanted a fresh start!
Is really shooooort but looks really healthy so its ok! No trimss on 2012
Maybe just s&d's! Wohoooo

Amarante
December 31st, 2011, 07:26 PM
Ok, just did my last trim. 1/4" off, and no more till Dec 31, 2012! Hopefully this will help me get to tailbone quickly. I will also be trying to wear my hair up most of the time to protect the ends.

letibear
December 31st, 2011, 10:51 PM
Absolutely in. I just trimmed 3/4" off tonight and am at APL, going to try my hardest not to trim again until New Year's Eve, 2012!

NativeGirl
January 1st, 2012, 12:06 AM
I'm in! My last trim (1") was in November, and before that I can't remember. It shouldn't be too hard for me to not trim in 2012. I will still continue to S&D though. I don't want to end my goal with velcro ends. :)

woolyleprechaun
January 1st, 2012, 02:23 AM
Im in! I did a wee trim a couple of weeks ago, and it seems pretty damage and split free for the now. I dont realy want to trim until I reach my mini-goal of waist, hopefully in a year. So here goes!:eyebrows:

skaempfer
January 1st, 2012, 02:50 AM
Technically, I just trimmed in 2012. Can I join anyway? I did the 'no trims in 2011' and really needed evening up (right side grows much faster).

I'm ready for no trims till next new year's day. :cheese:

whiterabbitz
January 1st, 2012, 03:09 AM
I'll give it a go. Made this my New Years resolution, no cuts. Will be difficult because I'm impulsive.

morrigan*
January 1st, 2012, 05:13 AM
I said i'm in but don't know if i coud make it. I trimmed it in october and i would try at not to trim anytime soon, but i still have old bleached ends which need to be trimmed once in the future.

auburntressed
January 1st, 2012, 05:37 AM
I guess I'll give this a try. I just had a trim a couple of weeks ago, which took about 1 inch off my hair. The last time before that was in April or May, at which time 3 inches was taken off. My hair typically tends to "need" trimming about every six months, so we'll see how this goes. And by "need," I mean that I get to feeling like they are too fairy-tale and not even enough.

kamikaze hair
January 1st, 2012, 07:19 AM
i think i might join this too. I still have a trim to due to me from last year, which will mean no more than 2cm (if i do it, ill do it before Jan is up), but other than that, ill only S&D, which is basically what I have been surviving on since i joined the LHC. I hope i don't cave.

bunzfan
January 1st, 2012, 07:56 AM
I am going to attempt a full year, i was in the no trim challenge for 2011 but trimmed a lot in July to get rid of nasty ends and layers but i managed 7 months.

Its now been 5 months since that hair cut and i haven't trimmed once seen no splits so i am going to see if i can go a full year which for me will be in July. Something i learned the hard way is i have thick hair and my wavy hair looks better with fairy tale ends...

Sunny_side_up
January 1st, 2012, 08:10 AM
Maybe its time for the scissors to be kept out of sight in this coming year:eyebrows: After lots of trims since i joined i have evened up my hair, found a routine that works for me, so now should go for growth;) My hair had its last trim a few days ago, my hem is to my liking, my hair has no dye on it and i will not use any heat. So 2012 will be a growth year! :D

kdaniels8811
January 1st, 2012, 08:11 AM
If I do not trim at all in 2012 my hair will grow 6-7 inches and I will be to BSL so no trims is an easy one for me. I do use catnip soaks to ward of split ends and coconut oil on the ends every few days. Wear hair up - yahoo, finally can do that! Come on, folks, who else is joining?

moon2dove
January 1st, 2012, 08:50 AM
Ok, I checked my ends and they look fine. I am so ready to put the shears away and only use them to S&D every so often. I know my hair can go a year without trims, because I more or less left it for about 11 months before I joined LHC, I'm sure 12 months will be a doddle :)

Happy New Year!

Nae
January 1st, 2012, 09:28 AM
I'm going to try. New Year's Resolution is to only trim once if absolutely necessary so we will see how it goes. My last trim was in August I think? Oh brother. How did I forget that?

Amber_Maiden
January 1st, 2012, 12:27 PM
I'm in. I'm not going to have time to trim anyways, as I'll have my new baby :) I figure I'll probably get a trim in the summer of 2013

blondie9912
January 1st, 2012, 12:37 PM
I may have already posted, but I'm in! I may cave in a few months and do a microtrim, and I probably have to get a haircut before I go off to university, but this challenge will at least keep me from scalping myself in a time of hair hatred :D

marsali
January 1st, 2012, 02:14 PM
count me in :) There was 19cm(7,5") of gain grown in No Trims 2011 so im gonna do it again. I got trimmed for 3cm so my strating lenght is 92cm(36,2") :)

mulletesque
January 1st, 2012, 02:18 PM
I'm in! My last trim (a big one, which evened out my mop to chin length) was in Spring 2011. I still have some stuff that needs to be evened out, but I'm going to wait a year on it.

I'm on the long side of shoulder length, and I'm hoping one year might take me down to BSL.

I'll still be trimming my bangs/sides, and S&D'ing any grizzled ends I notice.

I was waffling for the past couple months whether to do a big trim now or later. The other day, I learned that I can do a sock bun! :disco: I'd hate to trim back and have to wait to be able to do that sock bun again.

Libbylou
January 1st, 2012, 02:38 PM
I'm going to try this, if dusting the ends don't count. Had my last dusting about August. Hard to talk stylist out of it when I get my bangs trimmed every 5 or so weeks. But unless ends are real bad I think I can do this. Last real trim was this past March.

Finnenna
January 1st, 2012, 03:03 PM
I'm going to try this again - for a full year. I'll give a go to dusting, though. :D

MiamiPineapple
January 1st, 2012, 04:49 PM
I am 100% in. Now that most of the damage is gone, looking forward to a great year of progress!:)

Georgies
January 1st, 2012, 06:48 PM
I'm going to try too! I'm growing out a slightly asymmetrical bob so eventually it's going to have to be evened out, but these messy curls will hide alot of weirdness...

selenechiba
January 2nd, 2012, 02:55 AM
I'll give it a go again! I was in the No Trims 2011 challenge, but I caved in September and cut off 3 inches -- this time, it'll be different. ;)

Avital88
January 2nd, 2012, 03:34 AM
i wished i could join but this will be the year i am gonna trim a bit more than usual.
too bad,happy growing all!

x-x-tori-x-x
January 2nd, 2012, 06:41 AM
I'm in! I'm at between APL and BSL and my goal is to my waist so a year of growth will do me some good :)

akuamoonmaui
January 2nd, 2012, 10:13 AM
I'll give it a go again! I was in the No Trims 2011 challenge, but I caved in September and cut off 3 inches -- this time, it'll be different. ;)

Me, too! I tried in 2011 but only made it to June.... Try, try again!

georgia_peach
January 2nd, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joining the challenge.

My last trim was one I gave myself sometime during November 2011. I am not prone to splits or frizz, so my goal is no trims of any sort during 2012.

elfgirl
January 2nd, 2012, 12:11 PM
I am totally in!! My last trim (which was unexpectedly big) was at the end of October....and I'm set to attempt for no trims this year :) However, if my ends get too bad, then I might have to cave in, but hopefully not

LisaMonster
January 2nd, 2012, 12:33 PM
I'm in, not counting bang trims.

I trimmed a little less than a month ago, so I am ready for the long haul!

I'm hoping to get to hip by the end of the year!

PriscillaCherel
January 2nd, 2012, 12:35 PM
I'm in, but i think i can't reach a year:( But 6 months defintely!

petray
January 3rd, 2012, 10:35 AM
I'm up for the challenge! I've been meaning to let my hair grow for a while but always ended up cutting it because of split ends... But now I will look after my hair with CO washes, minimal heat and no drying styling products and hopefully this will keep the split ends at bay!

Good luck to all of you! :)

thelittleredfox
January 3rd, 2012, 12:02 PM
I can't do it, I desperately need a trim!

I didn't trim at all in 2011, does that count? :D I haven't had my hair trimmed since August 2010, but my ends are dry and tangling now. Once I've had it cut, it will probably be another year TBH... I do as little as possible!

XcaliburGirl
January 3rd, 2012, 12:09 PM
I can't do it, I desperately need a trim!

I didn't trim at all in 2011, does that count? :D I haven't had my hair trimmed since August 2011, but my ends are dry and tangling now. Once I've had it cut, it will probably be another year TBH... I do as little as possible!
I guess you can trim now and count that as your starting point.

ellen732
January 3rd, 2012, 02:47 PM
I'm going to give this a try. I tend to be a little scissor happy and extremely anal about my ends. My last trim was November 22, 2011, to be exact :p, and I keep cutting back to waist as it gets closer to hip, but this time I want to make it to hip so I'm going to do it.

lapushka
January 3rd, 2012, 03:09 PM
Joining. I'm hoping to reach hip this year. :)

Egana
January 3rd, 2012, 03:33 PM
I'm in! I just did a big trim, which was too triangular, so I did some shaping dry (ala Devachan) and I am shaping every couple of days as I see curls that need to be shorter round my face. But not trimming the length, just the layers to get the right shape for wearing my hair down.

I don't want to trim the length until Dec 2012!

CherryPlum
January 3rd, 2012, 04:00 PM
I'll join!
I'll be at waist by 31st December 2012 if I don't trim all this year, so I have a very good reason to resist! :joy:

Roscata
January 3rd, 2012, 07:07 PM
After thinking about this for a couple of months I decided to join the no trim challenge. Last year I tried not trimming but cave in after 8 months. I hope this time I will last the full 12 months although 8 months would also be a success in my book.

My last haircut was on 11/18/2011 let's see how long I can go without trimming. I chopped off all my layers and the hemline I have now is thick and awesome but makes it hard to put my hair up so I'm hoping for some fairytale ends. I am now at 17 inches and one year of growth should put me at 22-23 inches which would be APL. Here's to growing. :bottomsup:

CynthiaK
January 3rd, 2012, 08:54 PM
Count me in. :)

My last trim was September 2011 and I cut off about 2 inches. I'm just worried about how bad my ends will be by December.

Lissandria
January 3rd, 2012, 09:02 PM
I would love to do this sort of challenge one day when my hair is relatively damage free/ mostly virgin. At the moment, my hair breaks if I look at it wrong and it my ends go scraggly too quickly after a trim. Maybe in 2013 or 2014? Good luck everyone :blossom:

inkd
January 3rd, 2012, 11:45 PM
I'm in! :D I'll try to limit myself to one S&D per three months. Besides that, it's pure growth. Good luck to everyone!

MagicalMystery
January 3rd, 2012, 11:50 PM

I'm in! I wanted to cut out the rest if my faded hendigo from the ends, but eventually, 1.5 inches won't be that noticeable once my hair's long. Challenge accepted. :)

Mountaingrrl
January 4th, 2012, 01:17 AM
I'm in! My last trim was April 2011. I'd like to make it at least until April 2012, but preferably all the way through 2012 so I can grow to waist and then maintain there.

mulletesque
January 15th, 2012, 08:18 AM
I just now took this photo and a lot of things are rough about it :eek: but at least it shows my length. Think I can make it to BSL by January 2013?

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/5782/length0112.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/length0112.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Ms Strangelove
January 15th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Now that 2012 has started... count me in! :D

hipiji
January 15th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Count me in too!

Maybe I reach my goal this year :D

Xawanlaya
January 15th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Count me in too!

My last trim was in October or November. I'm sure my hair will look horrible by next year, but at least I would get some length in it ... And if I take good care of it, I guess the damage wouldn't be too bad. lol :)

gthlvrmx
January 15th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Count me in.

I'll allow S&D for myself. :) Though i don't think i'll need it so much.

gthlvrmx
January 15th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Count me in. :)

My last trim was September 2011 and I cut off about 2 inches. I'm just worried about how bad my ends will be by December.

As long as your hair is protected and you're not doing anythig damaging, you have nothing to worry about.

bunzfan
January 15th, 2012, 11:04 AM
So who's finding this challenge good so far ..me.. its been 7 months since my last hair cut and no splits in sight or dry icky ends either so i may complete the challenge this year.

Zefyra
January 15th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Ill try! Im just touching shoulder now... I wanna get back to APL (its quite possible this will only take me 6 months as my hair grows quite fast). Do bangs count? I wanna keep mine for awhile...

Jessykins
January 15th, 2012, 01:13 PM
ive only just come across but i did a slight trim a few weeks ago, other than that im in! :)
only thing ill probably so is S&D

6/4/12 i need to trim :p its dry and tangly so needs an inch or 2 off. quality over quantity..ill have to try next year with a no trims challenge

same_as
January 15th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I'm in :). I havn't cut my hair since october last year. Some incentive for me would be that the last inch and a half of my hair is henna, and when it grows longer they'll make pretty nice tips. So I don't want to cut them off!

Dark Queen
January 16th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Maybe you can help me. My hair has been growing very slowly, and the last two inches took several months to grow out (from 42" to 44"), so I really would prefer to try no trimming in 2012. The problem is I still think my ends are just way too thin and I'm wondering if I'm better off just trimming again. I take good care of my hair (especially the ends), so it isn't especially damaged, but it seems like although it looks nice kept trimmed, my hair is growing far too slowly so I should just hold off for a while. Just haven't come to the decision yet.:shrug:

EtherealDoll
January 16th, 2012, 03:02 AM
I'm in. I had my last trim last month and cut off 4 inches because the ends were very damaged :( Now my hair looks healthier and I'm taking good care of it. And I want it to reach hip length this year, so I don't plan to trim it, maybe just do a microtrim in 6 months if my ends will not look too good.

XcaliburGirl
January 16th, 2012, 06:59 AM
So who's finding this challenge good so far ..me.. its been 7 months since my last hair cut and no splits in sight or dry icky ends either so i may complete the challenge this year.
I last cut my hair in November, so it hasn't been very long for me. However, since I have chin-length hair and the last cut involved lots of layers in the back, it's tempting to get a trim to neaten it up. I don't think I will give in, though.

Maybe you can help me. My hair has been growing very slowly, and the last two inches took several months to grow out (from 42" to 44"), so I really would prefer to try no trimming in 2012. The problem is I still think my ends are just way too thin and I'm wondering if I'm better off just trimming again. I take good care of my hair (especially the ends), so it isn't especially damaged, but it seems like although it looks nice kept trimmed, my hair is growing far too slowly so I should just hold off for a while. Just haven't come to the decision yet.:shrug:
If the ends aren't actually damaged, I would just let it be for a while. Don't worry about it for a couple of months and then see how things are.
If you really do need a trim, maybe you can change it to one trim in 2012, at the 6 month mark.

Dark Queen
January 17th, 2012, 07:37 PM
If the ends aren't actually damaged, I would just let it be for a while. Don't worry about it for a couple of months and then see how things are.
If you really do need a trim, maybe you can change it to one trim in 2012, at the 6 month mark.

That's a good idea. Thanks for the encouragement. I'll definitely keep an eye on it for the next 6 months :)

MaryMarx
January 18th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Oh, I'm definitely in. This will be the year of... hair... :)

cooklaezo13
January 18th, 2012, 07:23 AM
The challenge has been good to me so far. My last trim (ok, more of a cut than a trim) was at the very beginning of September, so I've only gone four months without a trim. My ends are in perfect health, but I'm thinking of evening them up with a very tiny 1/2 inch trim, because they are slightly layered and razored, and as the length gets longer, it would be nice to have more even ends. I'm going to hold out until at least March though, and make that my only trim of the year.

Kilandra
January 18th, 2012, 07:26 AM
In for this! :)

bunzfan
January 18th, 2012, 07:28 AM
So it seems the split ends were hiding from me :lol: on the previous page i said 7 months coming up since last hair cut and no splits, i checked this morning and they were quite a lot on the layers that haven't been cut in over a year and 1 or 2 in the length maybe now it will get back to growing fast like it was before Christmas. I am hoping the splits were stopping it from growing that's what i have found in the past anyway.

Kamir0
January 18th, 2012, 11:16 PM
So it seems the split ends were hiding from me :lol: on the previous page i said 7 months coming up since last hair cut and no splits, i checked this morning and they were quite a lot on the layers that haven't been cut in over a year and 1 or 2 in the length maybe now it will get back to growing fast like it was before Christmas. I am hoping the splits were stopping it from growing that's what i have found in the past anyway.

I know exactly what you mean! :lol:

The last time I wore a braid in the day, it hit me, so I had a super long S&D session.
I think I got most of them, although I am still finding the odd few in the right light.

On another note, I seem to have had quite a bit of breakage, judging by the amount of white dots I have on my ends and on some of the length.

My length feels drier than a few months ago, so I'll be oiling more diligently from now on.

Could this new breakage result from using solid oils (cocoa and coconut) in cold weather? :confused:

misspixie
January 18th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Count me in as well! But, if I desperately need a trim I will go and get one, just to avoid future damage :-)

-j-
January 19th, 2012, 12:04 AM
So it seems the split ends were hiding from me :lol: ...

Hiding splits are such jerks! ;)

I have found some splits, now and then, but not too much. My ends are feeling just a bit dry, but not badly at all. I will carry on this "no trimming" as long as I can before the splits get me.

blondie9912
January 20th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Caved already, lol :p Good luck to the rest of you!

I have fine, colour treated hair (growing out natural) that just seems to need trimming every 6 months or so to keep it looking neat. Those with virgin hair can literally not cut their hair for 2 years (if they're gentle with it) but I've noticed most people with bleached hair need harsher discipline. Oh well, one day my hair will be all natural :)

same_as
January 21st, 2012, 12:14 AM
My 'growing out pixie' is in a very mulletish state at the moment, I have to cover my hair with a hat or hood and avoid mirrors just to stop myself from grabbing the scissors :rolleyes:

inkd
January 21st, 2012, 12:32 AM

Same. *pokes signature* ;) Going really good thanks to weekly deep conditioning!

inkd
January 21st, 2012, 12:37 AM
My 'growing out pixie' is in a very mulletish state at the moment, I have to cover my hair with a hat or hood and avoid mirrors just to stop myself from grabbing the scissors :rolleyes:

Stay strong! We're rooting for you :flower:

elfgirl
January 21st, 2012, 01:03 AM
I'm all for no trims! ;D

inkd
January 21st, 2012, 01:15 AM
Good luck!

same_as
January 21st, 2012, 02:33 AM
:) thank you Inkd.

kidari
January 21st, 2012, 05:18 AM
So far I think I still want to try to do this. I went more than a year without trims when I was growing out my bob and not trimming this year will force me to be super strict about protecting my hair and not doing any damage to it. I'm going to have to trim my bangs and my front layers though! But so far I have actually been wearing it up, not using curling irons once a week, or teasing, and I've actually been stretching washes for once.

hellucy
January 21st, 2012, 05:23 AM
Count me in please!
Last had my hair trimmed a week before christmas, when the hairdresser decided without checking first that my hair needed thinning out!!!!!! I'd just spent most of the year attempting to grow out the layers.

pinkb21
January 21st, 2012, 06:06 AM
Count me in.. I did trim an inch myself about two weeks ago and I will do s&d but no more trims till next January for me. I am in on the wear your hair up challenge so hopefully that will help reduce split ends. I have already decided I will never ever go to a salon for a trim anymore after a horrible hair cut last summer:(

oktobergoud
January 21st, 2012, 09:11 AM
I think I'm going to try this! Not sure if I'll succeed (probably not) and well, I actually have already failed because I went to the salon last Monday! But, in my defense, I'm growing out a pixie so that's a bit harder.. but now it's an even bob so easier to grow out :D I won't have to cut the mullet anymore! So.. no trims for 2012, here I come! :P

joliherb
January 21st, 2012, 09:15 AM
I'm not going to!

healingarts
January 21st, 2012, 10:53 AM
I'd love to try this. My wavy/curly hair, though, gets out of shape really easily and I am in the public eye constantly. SOOO maybe I need to find some great updos and accessories. Plus a dear friend of mine is a hairdresser and works beautifully with my hair so I imagine around July she is going to be demanding to trim my hair! LOL.

inkd
January 21st, 2012, 05:10 PM
:) thank you Inkd.

No problem. We're here to support you in our common interests :flower: Just remember that if you cut it, you'll regret it! I don't know about you, but I always do.

SchnauzerMom
January 22nd, 2012, 01:02 PM
The last time my hair was cut was August 2011. My original goal was to leave it alone for a year which would put it at August 2012. I was going to trim a little then to even up the ends but if they don't need it then I'll leave it alone. So hopefully I can make it all the way through 2012 without cutting.

Mrspuddinhead
January 22nd, 2012, 08:36 PM
Count me in ladies and gentlemen. I'm honestly hoping my hair hasn't grown due to the fact that it is winter, not the fact that it has reached terminal length. With that being said is it Summer yet..??

Mommyof4
January 22nd, 2012, 08:44 PM
I am already hoping that I can treat my hair kindly enough that I don't need trims this year.. It would be awful to incur more damage from not trimming :(

Kenasam
January 22nd, 2012, 09:42 PM
Your hair is beautiful!

Kenasam
January 22nd, 2012, 09:45 PM
Count me in! I had a big trim from hip to waist about two or three months ago and my hair is still virtually damage-free! I'm hoping that if I keep up on my current hair regimen, that it will stay free of any damage. I guess we'll see! :D

Your hair is quite beautiful!

As far as myself, I need a trim soon. About twice a year I get an inch cut to take care of the ends. I'd never make it an entire year without a trim.

IanB
January 23rd, 2012, 01:34 AM
Well, I'll sign up for another year of no trims :)

Littlewing13
January 23rd, 2012, 04:47 AM
Sign me up! Im nearly at apl now. My goal is eventually tbl with v hemline.
Just before this year I:
have stopped using heat,
am embracing my natural colour,
Always have used a comb while wet rather than brush,
bought 2 satin pillow cases,
started braiding my hair for bed.

When I finish my current shampoo/cond I am going to try no cones/sulfates & natural products. After that possibly co. Maybe the year after I will try henna, but I will see.

OMG cant wait!

jojo
January 23rd, 2012, 06:59 AM
Well im normally at the time id trim, 16 more weeks and ive done 6 months! if my ends still look good, i will hold off the trim!!

Mory
January 23rd, 2012, 07:52 AM
Count me in! My last trim was in August of 2011 so I think I'm doing good so far. I think I might be one of the ones who get a trim at BSL because I'm about an inch shy or APL. >.< Grow hair grow!