PDA

View Full Version : Revlon Smoothing Balm ingredients! What you think?

Martukita
November 24th, 2011, 05:14 AM
I have found a product at home I used a lot in the past for my bangs to straighten them easily. Here are the ingredients:

Aqua, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, PVP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Styrene/PVP Copolymer, Simmondsia Chinensis, Avena Sativa, Corallina Officinalis, Pisces, Chitosan Glycolate, PEG-26 Jojoba Acid, PEG-26 Jojoba Alcohol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trideceth-9, Disodium EDTA, Parfum, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Methylparaben, Citric Acid, CI 42090, CI 19140

What do you think about it? Do you find any cones in it? Do you think I can use it for frizz control or maybe it will coat my hair? I'm thinking about doing a Defrizz spray (the one on the recipes forum with aloe vera gel,glycerin, water and oil) and using it as if it was glycerin:rolleyes:

Experts on ingredients, what do you think? Thanksss!:)

ktani
November 24th, 2011, 07:23 AM
I have found a product at home I used a lot in the past for my bangs to straighten them easily. Here are the ingredients:

Aqua, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, PVP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Styrene/PVP Copolymer, Simmondsia Chinensis, Avena Sativa, Corallina Officinalis, Pisces, Chitosan Glycolate, PEG-26 Jojoba Acid, PEG-26 Jojoba Alcohol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trideceth-9, Disodium EDTA, Parfum, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Methylparaben, Citric Acid, CI 42090, CI 19140

What do you think about it? Do you find any cones in it? Do you think I can use it for frizz control or maybe it will coat my hair? I'm thinking about doing a Defrizz spray (the one on the recipes forum with aloe vera gel,glycerin, water and oil) and using it as if it was glycerin:rolleyes:

Experts on ingredients, what do you think? Thanksss!:)

No silicone and it definitely will coat the hair. That is what it is designed to do with some hold. It has hairspray polymers in it too.

Does that make it bad? No. It just means that you will most likely need to clarify sooner than later if you use it on all of your hair frequently.

Martukita
November 24th, 2011, 07:26 AM
No silicone and it definitely will coat the hair. That is what it is designed to do with some hold. It has hairspray polymers in it too.

Does that make it bad? No. It just means that you will most likely need to clarify sooner than later if you use it on all of your hair frequently.

Ok thanks a lot! Then I won't use it because I don't get any volume if my hair is coated!

ktani
November 24th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Ok thanks a lot! Then I won't use it because I don't get any volume if my hair is coated!

These are light coatings but I hear you. Use too much and your hair can get dry and unmanagable.

And you are very welcome.