PDA

View Full Version : Is This a Real Braid Or Photoshopped??

WaimeaWahine
July 9th, 2008, 12:15 AM
This is such a beautiful picture and it's left me wondering... Real or photoshopped? (The colors are computer generated of course.)

Is it possible to actually braid your hair like this!? :o

http://i34.tinypic.com/2rbynev.jpg

Riot Crrl
July 9th, 2008, 12:18 AM
It looks more like they stuck fake braids in the hairdo, then shopped the colors.

moshi-mo3
July 9th, 2008, 12:19 AM
you can have your hair braided like that although i think the color is photoshop

Koskaan
July 9th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Looks cool! I think it could be done by making five braids and pinning them to the form of the Olympic rings. The person wearing them in that picture seems to have unusually thick hair though. The braids are almost as thick as all of my hair braided into one braid. :bigeyes:

Shermie Girl
July 9th, 2008, 12:27 AM
It looks like fake, synthetic hair in different colours braided and pinned to the head. :)

socks
July 9th, 2008, 12:43 AM
The hair looks real. It just seems as if someone did a pretty bad job when photoshopping the colors.

SearMeCarefully
July 9th, 2008, 12:55 AM
I would say it could be real, all depending on her thickness.. I think I could do that to mine..

Amoretti
July 9th, 2008, 01:45 AM
I think the hair and braids are real but the colour isn't.

tiny_teesha
July 9th, 2008, 01:50 AM
I am not 100% convinced the hair is real, but it may be- even with the help of fake hair- the colours however looks REALLY badly photoshoped! Very fake!
Cool festive hair do though!

Angellen
July 9th, 2008, 02:15 AM
Braids look real to me. Personally, I don't think the luridness of the colors is really a big deal. It just needs to get you to go "Oh, how neat, Olympic rings" or whatever.

I really like the pic, though. I think it's really neat. :)

peachy.pudding
July 9th, 2008, 02:57 AM
I would not say photoshop, more like fake braids as already mentioned, you can tell beacause the thickness is the same all over

Arniky
July 9th, 2008, 03:34 AM
cant say but it looks nice

goldenwaves
July 9th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Looks real to me! Except for the colours

danacc
July 9th, 2008, 07:53 PM
It looks like braids of her real hair, unrealistically colored, to me. Neat idea.

Looking at the far right side of the red circle, it looks like there is braid taper. Also, looking at the black braid which has a clear beginning from the middle section on top of the head, it seems to taper before becoming the blue braid which is suddenly thicker. This could be because the blue braid is fake, but it could also be because another section of hair is now added to the braid (from the lower left perhaps?), thickening it up again. It looks to me like they kept adding hair to the braid from the different sections as they created the Olympic rings. This left the red braid with the final taper.

eadwine
July 9th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Real hair, fake colors.

Just recently I saw a picture of someone here who had like 4 braids all the same thickness as my one, so the braids being real is definitely possible.