PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a reaction to product?

GracieRae
November 23rd, 2011, 07:14 PM
I started washing only every third day after co only and no cones for years. I've decided I'm a conehead lol! I can feel all these small bumps on the back of my neck. They don't itch, I haven't changed laundry soap or anything else. I hope it's not the cones! Anybody else react like this?

Falcore
November 23rd, 2011, 07:39 PM
Hmm not personally.

The only way I can think to see if it is in fact the cones is to stop using them for a couple of weeks to see if the bumps clear up. If they do clear up perhaps use the cones after if they do to see if they return. That way you can know for sure if it's the cones or not.

Could they be little sweat pimples, maybe?

ktani
November 23rd, 2011, 07:42 PM
Silicone itself is not considered to cause that kind of reaction. It is more likely to me to be caused by something in the product with the silicone and it could be a fragrance additive or something else.

GracieRae
November 23rd, 2011, 07:54 PM
Hmmm, I just don't know what could have caused this. Maybe next wash I'll use my trader joes tea tree s&c and no leave ins and see if it makes a difference. Just to experiment. Maybe its a reaction to a sweater with wool in it??? I've never reacted before but sometimes that's how allergies work I suppose

ktani
November 23rd, 2011, 08:01 PM
Hmmm, I just don't know what could have caused this. Maybe next wash I'll use my trader joes tea tree s&c and no leave ins and see if it makes a difference. Just to experiment. Maybe its a reaction to a sweater with wool in it??? I've never reacted before but sometimes that's how allergies work I suppose

I think everyone is allergic or sensitive to something. It just may be that one has not encountered it yet.

With all of the new ingredients being put on the market in cosmetics, the chances of a reaction increases, even with all natural coneless products.

I have read countless reviews of countless products with cones and without of exactly the same reaction.

GracieRae
November 23rd, 2011, 08:09 PM
Yeah! All the choices these days and all the ingredients are enough to make your head spin. You have to be a scientist to pick out your products these days. You can think 'oh these ingredients are awesome!' and it can be a total flop. I hear ya!

ktani
November 23rd, 2011, 08:12 PM
Yeah! All the choices these days and all the ingredients are enough to make your head spin. You have to be a scientist to pick out your products these days. You can think 'oh these ingredients are awesome!' and it can be a total flop. I hear ya!

That is the irony!

Scientists are the ones who formulate all of these products (for the most part).

The best to me cosmetic companies follow the guidelines recommended within the industry for the amounts of ingredients that can cause reactions, to lessen the chances of one happening, and that is still far from a guarantee that one will not happen.

GracieRae
November 23rd, 2011, 08:15 PM
May I ask what your favorite products or brands are? I love trying new things :)

ktani
November 23rd, 2011, 08:20 PM
May I ask what your favorite products or brands are? I love trying new things :)

I like Unilever, that makes the shampoo I use Sunsilk Lively Blonde Shampoo. I use it and organic catnip as my hair routine.

That said, they also make other products with a fragrance additive I have reacted to and it was not pleasant. They make Suave and several other brands and they have in the past taken a position on certain things I do not agree with personally.

However, I do think that their products, R&D and reputation are excellent on cosmetics.

Amber_Maiden
November 24th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Sounds kind of like what happened to me when I was allergic to SLS...

GracieRae
November 24th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Really? Funny thing is I think my scalp is fine. Just below my hairline on the back of my neck is bumpy. Did you just suddenly develop this reaction?