PDA

View Full Version : I have passed on the good hair gene :) Picture overload !

UltraBella
November 23rd, 2011, 05:55 PM
Do any of you hope your children will have hair similar to yours ?

I always hoped my daughter would end up with my hair. Her father (my ex-husband) is balding and both his parents have hair that is very fragile and weak.

In the last year, her hair has really gotten lovely. She has quit straightening it constantly and has grown it out. She is trying to catch me length wise. She is caring for it better. She did dye it brown, her hair is naturally dark blonde, but it doesn't seem to have damaged it at all. Maybe she is going to have super resilient hair like I do :cheese:

Her texture is different than mine, she has natural "beach waves" and no frizz, where I am a total frizz head. I am starting to be a bit envious !

She is quite curious about LHC and asked me if I might post some pics that show her hair - of course !!!!! She hopes you all will like them, she has been putting quite a bit of effort into hair care lately.

First, a pic from a year ago - her natural color :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/54744eff.jpg

Pictures of her brown hair a few days after dying it :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/eb892b7f.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/869fadf4.jpg

Her hair in motion :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/654555fc.jpg

Her color now, it's faded a bit :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/57335085.jpg

And an artistic photo, just for fun :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/492bb7ed.jpg

She is almost 16 and I am hoping this phase of healthy hair will last !!

layla<33
November 23rd, 2011, 06:00 PM
Your daughter has great hair!!! :) She is also very beautiful! I love her eyes. :D

invisiblebabe
November 23rd, 2011, 06:05 PM
She is beautiful :) I am amazed at how she looks just like you!!

I did not get my mom's hair, and she is probably happy about that :lol: My mom doesn't like her hair because the canopy is frizzy, and she is allergic to a lot of things.... but I have convinced her to try coconut oil! Anyway, her hair is naturally about a level 4 or 5, with maybe 35&#37; grey. It's probably 3a/f/i/ii.

My hair is naturally a level 7 (with highlights I put in), and it's 2a/f/ii.

My sister got the thick hair, hers is about a level 5 or 6 (I think - she has dyed it even more than I have!) and 2a/m/iii.

I can't have biological kids and am perfectly content with that, so your initial question doesn't apply to me :) I have a 5-year-old niece, though, and her hair is a level 8 (but I am guessing it will get darker and thicken up by the time she's a teen), 2a/f/i.

Macaroni
November 23rd, 2011, 06:05 PM
She's pretty :) and she won't regret taking good care of her hair.

Vanilla
November 23rd, 2011, 06:06 PM
What beautiful hair! I love her hair texture. :)

Aimskylove
November 23rd, 2011, 06:08 PM
Her hair is gorgeous and she is beautiful! Her brown hair matched her eyes perfectly. So pretty. Her hair does look thick like yours, lucky! :)

Amber_Maiden
November 23rd, 2011, 06:14 PM
Very pretty! Love the hair!

patienceneeded
November 23rd, 2011, 06:33 PM
Your daughter's hair is beautiful. So is she, for that matter. So far my 4-year-old DD's hair is exactly like mine at that age. Same color, texture, etc. We'll see if it progresses the same way mine did through puberty and into adulthood. If her hair is like mine it wouldn't be a bad thing!

sweetestpoison
November 23rd, 2011, 06:34 PM
Wow! She looks just like you! Beautiful, both of you!

sugarpixie10988
November 23rd, 2011, 06:40 PM
She and her hair are gorgeous!

GracieRae
November 23rd, 2011, 07:21 PM
Awwwww she's beautiful! And her hair is gorgeous! How did she style it like that? Looks so soft and healthy :)

UltraBella
November 23rd, 2011, 07:26 PM
Awwwww she's beautiful! And her hair is gorgeous! How did she style it like that? Looks so soft and healthy :)

Caruso Mollecular Hairsetter :)

GracieRae
November 23rd, 2011, 07:31 PM
Thank you! :) I have one of those but I need to practice more cuz mine doesn't end up nearly as pretty ;)

spidermom
November 23rd, 2011, 08:04 PM
Yes, indeed; you certainly did pass down the hair and eyes.
My DD and DGD both have hair similar to me.

jesis
November 23rd, 2011, 08:06 PM
I always looked at my mom's hair and thought "I never want hair like that", but now I'm glad I have it because it always reminds me of her and I really hope I am able to pass that on to my children. :)

Beautiful photos, btw!

ericthegreat
November 23rd, 2011, 08:11 PM
She is beautiful. Just like her mom. :flower:

Take care of her well!

aisha.christine
November 23rd, 2011, 08:12 PM
Very pretty :)
I like both her natural hair color and the dyed brown. They are both flattering.
Her hair does look very much like yours, which definitely a good thing. :) She also has a very similar smile to yours. :D

error
November 23rd, 2011, 08:41 PM
Aww! I am so happy you made this thread for her! Not only did you pass on the gorgeous hair gene but you passed on the dimple and the gorgeous !!! I got my dads dimple just one tho lol . Her hair looks absolutely spectacular , even being chemically treated , that is astounding ... I can not believe how much she looks like you and these photos are awesome if she is not already get her into some modeling .

Yame
November 23rd, 2011, 08:43 PM
Looks like you passed on all your gorgeousness genes. She is beautiful!

kidari
November 23rd, 2011, 08:51 PM
She's beautiful- I see a lot of similarities to her mom than just her hair! By the way I really enjoy your posts : )

KwaveT
November 23rd, 2011, 08:54 PM
Everything about her is beautiful. She is definitely looks like a younger version of you. She has your face shape, your smile, and has absolutely lovely hair.

Fairlight63
November 23rd, 2011, 09:11 PM
You both are so beautiful!

Lostsoule77
November 23rd, 2011, 09:12 PM
Your daughter and her hair are gorgeous! She definitely has inherited more than just your great hair. Lucky girl. ;)

UltraBella
November 23rd, 2011, 10:13 PM
Thanks Everyone !! My hair is definitely thicker than her's and my hair is coarse and her's is very fine. So fine I can't feel a single strand between my fingers at all. My hair, you could sew a button back on with it, it feels like horse hair ! So I am a bit jealous of the softness she has.

Error, the only way my child will ever be a model is if it becomes in fashion to be 5'1" ! She is a short, muscular little swimmer with a size 6 foot and she hasn't grown any in 3 years. Lol, I think she is stuck this way. She is little, but very strong.

Here she is at 14yrs old on the starting block, wish my back, shoulders and arms looked like that ! Pic was taken from far away, hopefully you can see those muscles :)

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/e6593bb2.jpg

krissykins
November 23rd, 2011, 10:21 PM
She did her hair with Caruso rollers? UltraBella, I've never been able to get curls that I'm happy with when using Caruso rollers, but hers look great. Will you teach me? :) lol

Lisa R
November 23rd, 2011, 10:25 PM
She has gorgeous healthy looking hair. So pretty like her mummy too!:) Love the eyes and dimple. So cute seeing how much she looks like you. Thanks for sharing the pics with us!

UltraBella
November 23rd, 2011, 10:28 PM
She did her hair with Caruso rollers? UltraBella, I've never been able to get curls that I'm happy with when using Caruso rollers, but hers look great. Will you teach me? :) lol

I will try to help ! This was all large rollers, big sections - maybe 8 rollers - and once the curls were unrolled we softened them by running a wide toothed comb through her hair. My avatar and signature pic are both Caruso styling as well.

jeanniet
November 23rd, 2011, 10:49 PM
You have a lovely daughter, UltraBella, and her hair looks great (especially with all that time in the water!). My older son has his dad's hair, but he swears he can't wait to go bald. My younger son got the Indian hair, except that it's curly--lots of hair and lots of curl, although it's only 1/2" long now.

*Seraphina*
November 24th, 2011, 12:33 AM
She is beautiful!

Nenwing
November 24th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Wow she looks like a mini version of you, so beautiful!! She has your lovely hair and eyes and smile and face shape. :)

alyanna
November 24th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Ultrabella, your daughter is so sweet! She looks a lot like you and that's a gorgeous head of hair she's got.

My husband's got 1c/M or C/iii hair that is dark and glossy. My DD1 (almost 4) got his hair, not quite as coarse and thick yet, but a substantial ponytail. Except it is blonde :)

DD2 (2.5 years old) has my hair without the thinning issues of course. It's a 3a and super voluminous. Her hair is bigger and wider than she is cuz she's just tiny :p

Gotta get me some Carusos ;)

CaityBear
November 24th, 2011, 01:44 AM
wow you have a gorgeous daughter. :) And yes, she does have amazing hair. :)

misspurdy06
November 24th, 2011, 02:10 AM
She's your clone!

vanity_acefake
November 24th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Your daughter is beautiful. She looks so like you.
Her hair is really thick like yours too.
Both my children have inherited my thick hair (thankfully!) as my son's dads hair is really thin and stringy and my daughter's fathers hair is a dry, frizzy, course mess.
:)

infinity_girl
November 24th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Pretty pretty girl! I think the brown looks really nice on her - sweet and sophisticated!

Martukita
November 24th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Wooow! Your daughter is beautiful and her hair is like yours, amazing! :)

BeatlesFanGirl
November 24th, 2011, 03:39 AM
What a beautiful daughter of a beautiful mom!! :D :D I'm so envious. :P Why didn't I look like that at the age of 15?? :D

Brown hair looks gorgeaus on her, it highlights her beauty and her eyes, she should keep that colour!! :)

Hiriel
November 24th, 2011, 10:05 AM
She and her hair are both beautiful, and she does look a lot like you!

The perfect mix of genes for us would be his thickness and growth (my hair is thick, and its growth is OK, but it cannot compare at all to his, which is insane), with my texture and colour, bonus points for extra red colour from his beard ;)

lapushka
November 24th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Your daughter looks a lot like you! I love her hair. She's gorgeous. I'm sure she inherited the hair gene from you. :)

Chetanlaiho
November 24th, 2011, 10:24 AM
She looks quite a bit like you! And yes, great hair must run in your side of the family ;)

FrozenBritannia
November 24th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Your daughter has an amazing smile, and great hair!! :)

My sons both ended up with my hair pattern. (Unfortunately) Double cowlicks at the crown, and one even has the same cowlick at the forehead as me. *sigh* Luckily for the eldest, his spin in such a way that his hair lays down.. The other... well.. Did you ever see the movie little rascals? Think Alfalfa. Without need for gel. The eldest has hair texture like his dad though, and cute little curls when it gets long (consider me envious) and the same colour. The other has straight sticky outy hair just like me, and the same colour as I did when I was that age. Being boys, I keep their hair short for now, but when they get to the age where they can wash it and detangle it themselves they can do what they want (or at least argue it with their father haha).

LocustSpawning
November 24th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Her hair looks super beautiful and you have not only passed on good hair genes, but good face genes!! Very pretty!

Quixii
November 24th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Wow, your daughter is gorgeous!!! :thud:
And her hair too, of course. :) I hope she continues taking good care of it!

Yozhik
November 24th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Your daughter has very pretty hair and I like all of the artsy photos of her. :)

It's great that she's learning at a young age to take care of her hair so well!

CAPA7
November 24th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Your daughter is absolutely stunning, lucky her!

joflakes
November 24th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Beautiful, in all respects! I'm going to look into caruso as well :)

jaine
November 24th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Your daughter is so beautiful!! It's amazing that all of the different colors look so good on her. I think my favorite is the faded brown dye where some blonde is showing through...that's really cool.

jojo
November 24th, 2011, 01:32 PM
oh my goodness never mind the fact she has gorgeous hair like yours, she is your double. Is she a model? the photos are brilliant!

blondie9912
November 24th, 2011, 05:22 PM
She looks so much like you! My favourite photo is the second one in the purple hat, her eyes are lovely! :)

Lissandria
November 25th, 2011, 02:02 AM
stunning hair and pics! your daughter really suits dark hair :)

slz
November 25th, 2011, 02:17 AM
This is absolutely not meant negatively towards her : yes she has beautiful hair, but I still think yours play in a different league :D .

pepperminttea
November 25th, 2011, 03:20 AM
I'm so envious of how frizz-free her waves are - she has beautiful hair! (And she definitely does look like you. :D )

kanaka
November 25th, 2011, 04:56 AM
lovely hair and she is pretty :)

Lilli
November 25th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Your daughter is beautiful, and she appears to have got your nice hair.

My mother has "bad" hair - very very dark ash, almost olive green, baby-fine like candy floss, thin, poker straight, breaks easily. She has always been jealous of my hair (golden blonde, fairly strong, some wave, not as thin.) My daughter is my hair twin. I have been teaching my mom how to take better care of her hair: I've got her to go from short curled "grandma" hair to a chin-length bob with wave, and I buy her vitamins and shampoos. She looks much better now.

Sweetie
November 25th, 2011, 06:23 AM
wow, she is beautiful!
And looks like she has amazing hair!!

ktani
November 25th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Your daughter is very beautiful and she has indeed inherited good hair genes.

Her eyes are a beautiful shade of blue.

UltraBella
November 25th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Your daughter is very beautiful and she has indeed inherited good hair genes.

Her eyes are a beautiful shade of blue.

Her eyes match my father's eyes, that makes me really happy :)

MagicAndMayhem
November 25th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Gorgeous daughter, hair and overall. The good hair gene isn't the only thing you passed on, she got your beauty as well.

ETA: I love her style too, very classy.

Cirafly24
November 25th, 2011, 06:42 PM
She's beautiful! UltraBella, you've passed on your hair as well as your pretty smile :) I'm impressed by how well her lipstick goes with her coloring...I can never find the right shade for me.

I'm green with envy :D

ladonna
November 25th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Thank god that my kids didn't inherit my hair LOL. All 3 of them have M/II hair, my oldest's is pretty straight, the next one has sausage curl's, and the littlest one has hardly any hair since he's a toddler with some curl's at the back. They did inherite my fast growth.

UltraBella
November 25th, 2011, 10:10 PM
This is absolutely not meant negatively towards her : yes she has beautiful hair, but I still think yours play in a different league :D .

I do admit, I probably have twice as much hair as she does - however - her eyelashes beat mine by a mile ! They are barely skimmed with mascara in those pictures. What I wouldn't give for some of those !!

She's beautiful! UltraBella, you've passed on your hair as well as your pretty smile :) I'm impressed by how well her lipstick goes with her coloring...I can never find the right shade for me.

I'm green with envy :D

She is wearing a tinted lip treatment by Fresh. It's either Sugar Plum or Sugar Rose, we have both. SPF 15, feels amazing on and gives a good bit of color for essentially a glorified chapstick. Sephora.com carries them and I just love them.

Altocumulus
November 26th, 2011, 05:35 AM
She's gorgeous!

My daughter's hair doesn't look like either mine or my ex's - he has very dark brown, 3c curls, and I'm wurly and dark ash blonde. She has dark brown, thick, silky, 1b/c hair with tons of body and a little wave. For a while, it was beyond classic length with hardly any taper. I think she could grow it to the floor if she wanted. Now she has a trendy apl-ish layered cut, and it looks great on her. She complains about her "frizz" on humid days, and all I can say is, "Pfft. You call that frizz? You don't know from frizz!"

DH has fine, medium brown curly hair and is balding. Our son has straight, medium thick, dark ash blonde hair. He's only 7 though, so his hair texture and color could change in the future. It reminds me of my brother's hair when we were kids. His hair stayed straight, but darkened to that in between blonde and brown cool ashy color.

holothuroidea
November 26th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Gorgeous family you have!

I don't really know if I have "good hair genes" to pass on. I like my hair but I don't know if my daughters would want it, it's not easy to grow long. My first girl has hair that's a mix of mine and her father's and I think it's a really nice mix, I think she has beautiful hair. She's only 3, though, so we'll see what it looks like when she's older. My second baby girl has hair much closer to mine but she has more hair than I did at her age. I was bald until I was 3.

anixia
November 27th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Your daughter is very pretty! That dark color really makes her blue eyes glow. I'm pregnant right now, and I hope my daughter gets my hair rather than my husbands because his is rather thin and prematurely graying.

C.H.
November 27th, 2011, 03:46 PM
What a lovely girl. Of course her hair is beautiful. And the darker color really suits her.

lindaton
November 27th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Somehow I knew before I opened this thread that she would be beautiful. And yes she is. Just like her mother. But still not her mothers hair. I have 2 sons and they did get my hair genes. Very thick.

Athena's Owl
November 28th, 2011, 01:33 AM
She's got your hair, that's for sure. Fabulous!

HintOfMint
November 28th, 2011, 10:48 AM
She's beautiful just like her mother!

Johannah
November 28th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Her hair is so beautiful!