PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Charmed hair

Hollyfire3
November 22nd, 2011, 07:44 PM
So, I am wondering, does anyone here still like and or watch the show Charmed? I would LOVE to hear comments about all three of the sisters' hair, especially Piper (My hair idol) I wish i knew what her natural texture and thickness is though.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/2600000/Piper-holly-marie-combs-2688282-430-550.jpg

Here's a pic od Piper that you can really see her hair.

Vanilla
November 22nd, 2011, 07:47 PM
My husband loves charmed. We do still watch it a fair amount. I do love piper's hair. I would guess she is a 2b, m and iii.

kidari
November 22nd, 2011, 07:48 PM
I love that show and she has gorgeous (I think all hers/natural) hair. My best guess would be she's a 1b/medium to coarse/ii-iii

Hollyfire3
November 22nd, 2011, 07:53 PM
I love that show and she has gorgeous (I think all hers/natural) hair. My best guess would be she's a 1b/medium to coarse/ii-iii

I would guess something around that too. But, i can't see her hair being coarse (looks too flyaway/ soft) at times. Its awsome because if i can do my hair just right and the curls feel like being waves/ straighter, my hair looks JUST like hers fromt he back.

kidari
November 22nd, 2011, 07:55 PM
You're right, she's probably more a 1b/m/iii if she doesn't straighten it.

Hollyfire3
November 22nd, 2011, 07:57 PM
http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/celebs/hollymariecombs/holly_marie_combs_56.jpg

sorry the pic is so big! But, here's one here with Piper's hair curly, doesn't look as thick here though, thats odd . . . I'm confused now.

kidari
November 22nd, 2011, 07:58 PM
Wow that doesn't even look like her if her hair is not straight! In that picture it looks like styled waves to me, not natural ones but I could be wrong entirely.

Hollyfire3
November 22nd, 2011, 07:59 PM
You're right, she's probably more a 1b/m/iii if she doesn't straighten it.
wait what does 3a/3b mean? I think i typed MY hair wrong! It looks more closer to Piper's than to any tightly curled girl i see. Is 1b or 2b (as suggested for Piper's hair) wavyish or so? Cause my hair is thick definitly but not too curl now that it's longer.

Wow that doesn't even look like her if her hair is not straight! In that picture it looks like styled waves to me, not natural ones but I could be wrong entirely.
yeah its wierd, i also think her hair is more of ii in thickness just cause if you see it in a ponytail on the show, it isn't very thick. I don't know, her hair IS beautiful but so confusing to me!

kidari
November 22nd, 2011, 08:02 PM
From my understanding 1 = straight, 2 = wavy, 3 = curly, 4 = really super curly

Also, I don't have a clue if the actress' hair is naturally straight, wavy, or curly so I can't answer your question. Hair can appear thick or thin, frizzy or smooth depending on the products used, humidity, styling or lack of styling, etc especially in a picture.

Hollyfire3
November 22nd, 2011, 08:06 PM
From my understanding 1 = straight, 2 = wavy, 3 = curly, 4 = really super curly

Also, I don't have a clue if the actress' hair is naturally straight, wavy, or curly so I can't answer your question. Hair can appear thick or thin, frizzy or smooth depending on the products used, humidity, styling or lack of styling, etc especially in a picture.

good points, thanks for the clear up, i also have to chnag my hair typing on my avatar because what i thought were lose curls are now waves thanks to the heavy length. Sorry if i annoy anyone with this thread but, i LOVE Piper's hair and just want to know how best to achieve something close to what i see as perfection. Thanks again! Also, the styling product/ weather effects are true with anyone too Lol including me!

young&reckless
November 22nd, 2011, 08:20 PM
I love that show, and piper is my hair idol.

Hollyfire3
November 22nd, 2011, 08:24 PM
I love that show, and piper is my hair idol.

Yay!! Someone understands! Once i can, i will post a pic of my hair and you can compare mine to hers, (i take pride in having hair that even slightly resembles hers) i especially LOVE the waist lenght hair Piper had in the 6th season, sooo pretty. But, then again, i could say that bout all the other seasons also. What do you think her hair is like naturally? and what do you think about the other 3 sisters' hair? Me, i'm off to change my avatar cause i have decided that my curls can now officially be called waves, (what with new growth and all) actually, looking back on pictures, they aren't really curls, they are just frizz!

Anybody else here see any of the Charmed ones as thier hair idols?

Arrow
November 23rd, 2011, 12:50 AM
Holly Marie Combes has gorgeous hair.

vanity_acefake
November 23rd, 2011, 01:22 AM
Here's her hair in a hair glove.
You be the judge of her thickness
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g364/vanity_acefake/ae907c8b.jpg

PaganPriestess
November 23rd, 2011, 01:29 AM
I always like Phoebe's hair styles & cuts. They were always funky & fun.

I believe that is Holly Marie Comb's real hair. From other pics I've seen of her on red carpets and what not, it looks the same other than she wears it wavy or curly on occasion.

GuinevereMay
November 23rd, 2011, 05:12 AM
I loved Piper's hair, too. Did anyone else ever notice that weird wonky short hair in the front that she was always trying to tuck back?

Avital88
November 23rd, 2011, 05:22 AM
I loved Piper's hair, too. Did anyone else ever notice that weird wonky short hair in the front that she was always trying to tuck back?

jaaaa i remember this, typically her

duchesswannabe
November 23rd, 2011, 06:43 AM
I used to like Rose McGowan's (is this the right name?) hair because you never knew what color it would be. I loved Alyssa Milano's short cut in one of the later seasons.

Hollyfire3
November 23rd, 2011, 07:58 AM
Here's her hair in a hair glove.
You be the judge of her thickness
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g364/vanity_acefake/ae907c8b.jpg

Thanks for the pic, her hair looks decently thick, but not overly so. I would say about ii or ii/iii on a good day. Lol I want one of those hair glove thingies. What do you think the thickness of her hair is?

I used to like Rose McGowan's (is this the right name?) hair because you never knew what color it would be. I loved Alyssa Milano's short cut in one of the later seasons.
Lol Rose Mcgowan (yes thats the right name) sure does have intresting hair! And an even more intresting pesonality to match if you ever watch her interiews! Her hair was ok, too wispy/ thinish for me to ever attempt any of her styles. I know she has naturally wavy (2bish) hair that is dark brown. She keeps her hair apl now days if you even see current pics. Alyssa milano has hair about the same length too now. I was not a big fan of Alyssa's short cut at first, but, watching the seasons again, i kinda like it on her (again, would never be able to do that with my hair.) Holly Marie Combs is always my favorite and has been since i started the show. But, all three, four is you count Prue are beautiful.

jaaaa i remember this, typically her

Lol i know what your talkin bout. I think it was supposed to be layered bangs or something but it just failed. i have the same problem at times. Hair just never does what anyone wants it to, even on tv.

Amber_Maiden
November 23rd, 2011, 11:26 AM
I love her hair! And yes, I watch the show! :D

Hollyfire3
November 23rd, 2011, 11:36 AM
I love her hair! And yes, I watch the show! :D

Yeah what do you think her natural hair type is? oh and thickness too. I know someone above mentioned we may never know but i find it fun to guess lol.

moon2dove
November 23rd, 2011, 03:01 PM
http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/celebs/hollymariecombs/holly_marie_combs_56.jpg

sorry the pic is so big! But, here's one here with Piper's hair curly, doesn't look as thick here though, thats odd . . . I'm confused now.

She certainly has beautiful hair!

In this picture she looks like she's been air brushed - including her hair!

Hollyfire3
November 23rd, 2011, 03:03 PM
Does anyone here just love some of Phoebe's hairstyles?

She certainly has beautiful hair!

In this picture she looks like she's been air brushed - including her hair!
Yeah your right, but i have seen her on Charmed without the airbrushing and the same hairstyle. I am just baffled because one day her hair is thick and almost poofy and the next it is piecy wavys or big curls. I know she has a decent amount of hair, wonder how much? And i also know she has some sort of natural wave. Either way, i love it!

Mesmerise
November 23rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
I that hair glove picture it looks as if she has ii hair, but with very little taper. I think taper has a lot to do with how long hair looks (thickness wise) overall.

I used to watch Charmed when it was first on TV! I loved it. One episode was particularly great as one of the girls (Phoebe) backed her sister's car into a power pole, and it just so happened that earlier that day I'd done the exact same thing and felt REALLY BAD about it, and somehow seeing a fictional character doing it on a TV show made me feel better :p.

(Yeah, nothing to do with hair, but that bit always stuck out in my mind!).

I loved watching Piper's hair grow as the show progressed!

I really do need to go watch Charmed again! I honestly haven't seen it for YEARS!

Hollyfire3
November 23rd, 2011, 05:57 PM
I that hair glove picture it looks as if she has ii hair, but with very little taper. I think taper has a lot to do with how long hair looks (thickness wise) overall.

I used to watch Charmed when it was first on TV! I loved it. One episode was particularly great as one of the girls (Phoebe) backed her sister's car into a power pole, and it just so happened that earlier that day I'd done the exact same thing and felt REALLY BAD about it, and somehow seeing a fictional character doing it on a TV show made me feel better :p.

(Yeah, nothing to do with hair, but that bit always stuck out in my mind!).

I loved watching Piper's hair grow as the show progressed!

I really do need to go watch Charmed again! I honestly haven't seen it for YEARS!

The episode you're talking about is called "The Painted World" and is about a warlock being stuck in a painting. The quote gies something like this: Prue: Phoebe, where's my keys? Phoebe: They would be with your car, that is at the body shop getting an estimate. because i accidently bumped, no i backed, your car into a pole last night. . .
(I own all the sets on disc and am pretty much obssesed quite throughly, if i get the chance, i might post pics of my hair because it looks alot like Piper's) I think the reason Piper's hair looks so thick is because she has it consitently trimmed, if you watch closely as she grows her hair out, sometimes it looks less put together and more split end ridden (but always beautiful to me) I personally think that she always has the best hair on the show and of most other shows i might add.
Part of my user name, (the Holly in Hollyfire) is actually partially after Piper (well the actress, Holly Marie Combs)

Hollyfire3
November 23rd, 2011, 08:31 PM
Anyone here curious as to what Prue did to her hair to make it look so fried? I always assumed she liked that look but i want to know what caused it so i don't ever get the urge to try anything close to it.

janeytilllie
March 24th, 2012, 02:02 AM
I love Charmed it's my favourite show :heartbeat
I'm currently watching Charmed again :D

I love Pipers hair in season 6. I think that season is where her hair is the longest. Phoebe's hair in season 8 is so beautiful :)

Paige suited being a red head in season 5.

auburntressed
March 24th, 2012, 02:18 AM
I have seen Charmed. I was never crazy about how they did any of the hair on that show. Piper's was the nicest of the group, yes; but by itself it never stood out to me or caught my notice as being either long, or thick, or specially colored, or interesting in some way. Basically, it is just plain, average hair. And there is no way it approaches anything close to iii hair. It isn't hard to tell, because she wears her hair in a ponytail on the show quite often. She is definitely a ii. And really, her hair is never "long" by my standards either. I think the longest it ever got was BSL.

I disliked quite a few of Phoebe's hairstyles. The shorter ones made her face look harsh and angular. The longer ones were better for her features, but they seemed fewer and farther between.

I never paid much attention to Prue's hair.

I did like Paige's hair to some extent. The different colors throughout the series were interesting, but other than that... Like Piper, her hair never had anything really catching that made it stand out. Just average hair.

Overall, I would say that they are group of plain, average-haired women overall. Nothing really gross or ugly, but then again... nothing that catches the eye, either.

Hollyfire3
March 24th, 2012, 07:04 AM
I have seen Charmed. I was never crazy about how they did any of the hair on that show. Piper's was the nicest of the group, yes; but by itself it never stood out to me or caught my notice as being either long, or thick, or specially colored, or interesting in some way. Basically, it is just plain, average hair. And there is no way it approaches anything close to iii hair. It isn't hard to tell, because she wears her hair in a ponytail on the show quite often. She is definitely a ii. And really, her hair is never "long" by my standards either. I think the longest it ever got was BSL.

I disliked quite a few of Phoebe's hairstyles. The shorter ones made her face look harsh and angular. The longer ones were better for her features, but they seemed fewer and farther between.

I never paid much attention to Prue's hair.

I did like Paige's hair to some extent. The different colors throughout the series were interesting, but other than that... Like Piper, her hair never had anything really catching that made it stand out. Just average hair.

Overall, I would say that they are group of plain, average-haired women overall. Nothing really gross or ugly, but then again... nothing that catches the eye, either.

Maybe i like Piper's hair because it is so silky and straight, unlike mine? I always think she is at least an ii/iii but now that i think of it, you are probably right about the ii part, but her hair isn't thin, i think she just striaghtens it to get it flater. Her hair was nearly hip length in season 6, BSL was no where near the longest she had it.http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070419210916/charmed/images/5/5c/Charmed_Season_6_promotional.jpg

and here, her hemline and hair look pretty thick, and her hair is WL at least, later in the same season, it is HL. Thank you for the imput, i like seeing this thread again.

Hollyfire3
March 24th, 2012, 07:06 AM
I love Charmed it's my favourite show :heartbeat
I'm currently watching Charmed again :D

I love Pipers hair in season 6. I think that season is where her hair is the longest. Phoebe's hair in season 8 is so beautiful :)

Paige suited being a red head in season 5.

I watch Charmed nearly EVERY DAY, lol. who is your favorite? Piper, obviously, is mine. Yes, her hair was nearly HL in season 6 and so pretty! I often wish she didn't straighten the heck out of it, it always seems like she does. Phoebe's hair IS beautiful in seaosn 8 and i actually thought Paige was a natural red head until i googled it and saw she said it took her 6 hours, 2 bottles of bleach and a bottle of red hair dye lol.

janeytilllie
March 24th, 2012, 09:19 AM
I watch Charmed nearly EVERY DAY, lol. who is your favorite? Piper, obviously, is mine. Yes, her hair was nearly HL in season 6 and so pretty! I often wish she didn't straighten the heck out of it, it always seems like she does. Phoebe's hair IS beautiful in seaosn 8 and i actually thought Paige was a natural red head until i googled it and saw she said it took her 6 hours, 2 bottles of bleach and a bottle of red hair dye lol.

My favourite is Phoebe but Piper is a very close second.
I love the mermaid hairstyle Phoebe wore in season 5. This was the only best picture I could find of it
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/forum/95000/95446_1310237833301_full.jpg

I also love the wig in season 5 goddess episodes
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101029114639/charmed/images/c/c4/Charmed_Goddess.jpg

I also love what Phoebe wears. She has really pretty clothes :)

Wow 6 hours, 2 bottles of bleach and 1 bottle of red to dye her hair red. Mine would have broke off in second. She should have used Henna :)

Hollyfire3
March 24th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Lol, i just got a ridiculous image in my head of Rose Mcgowan with a shower cap and henna dripping down....oh too funny! Granted she chopped her hair from APL to CL before or after dyeing so i bet that helped, and her hair looks pretty fine stranded and a bit thinner than normal (3 inch ponytail circumfrance hair) so i'll bet it was fried under all that red color! Phoebe's mermaid hairstyle was SO pretty! I want her tail....i want a tail, i have even quized littleorca on her tail, lol! Piper is my favorite character and her hair is beautiful to me, so what if it is ii, it looks thicker, she might even be ii/iii i watch that show religiously, i dare you to hairtype each of the sisters, just for fun, given what we have to go off of....
Prue- 1b/c/ii
Piper-2b/2c/m/ii/iii(3.25-3.75 ponytail)
Phoebe-2b/2c/m/ii
Paige-2b/f/ii
here's mine, have fun!
Cool pics, that wig IS amazing, as is her Lady Godiva wig
http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&sa=X&biw=1315&bih=629&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=DAWY9jtUDbGjFM:&imgrefurl=http://www.pobladores.com/channels/series_tv/HALLIWELL_P3/area/49&docid=NuUCdbm18dx9-M&imgurl=http://www.pobladores.com/data/pobladores.com/ru/ym/ruymi_p3/channels/halliwell_p3/images/38315997.02.jpg&w=480&h=607&ei=BuhtT_BHgq63B4WknbsG&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=122&sig=116126597409206471650&page=1&tbnh=128&tbnw=101&start=0&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0&tx=24&ty=48

Phoebe's clothes are pretty, i personally prefer Piper's style, earthy and elegant (when dressed up), Phoebe's is too femine for me, but they look good on her, Prue's clothes are boring and Paige's clothes are just....loud for lack of a better term

janeytilllie
March 24th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Lol, i just got a ridiculous image in my head of Rose Mcgowan with a shower cap and henna dripping down....oh too funny!

Piper is my favorite character and her hair is beautiful to me, so what if it is ii, it looks thicker, she might even be ii/iii i watch that show religiously.

i dare you to hairtype each of the sisters, just for fun, given what we have to go off of....
Prue- 1b/c/ii
Piper-2b/2c/m/ii/iii(3.25-3.75 ponytail)
Phoebe-2b/2c/m/ii
Paige-2b/f/ii
here's mine, have fun!

Lol :lol: at Rose Mcgowan using Henna

I too watch Charmed all the time. No other show for me as come close. Though I do like Ghost Whisperer :)

I'm currently re-watching Charmed all over again. I'm on season 6.
I'm also reading the short novels and I'm thinking of buying the Charmed season 9 graphic novels.

I think
Prue 1b/m/c/ii
Piper 1b?/m/ii/iii ( Piper is a hard one I can't make my mindup if she's a true straight hair or wavy since she wears both.)
Phoebe 2b/2c/m/ii
Paige 2b/f/ii

:)

patienceneeded
March 24th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I watched Charmed years ago, when the series was still being filmed. I still watch a little here and there on cable syndication if nothing else is on and I have nothing to read. Phoebe was always my favorite, but Prue was a close second. I stopped watching as much when they killed Prue. Piper was always a little too bossy/perfect for my taste, especially after Prue's death. There was something about her (Piper) that just annoyed me. Maybe it was something to do with the whole Leo thing and all the accompanying hoopla? Meh. Regardless, it was WAY before being interested in hair as the ultimate accessory. I remember liking their hair, but not anything amazing. Maybe I should watch a rerun sometime.

Hollyfire3
March 24th, 2012, 10:54 AM
I watched Charmed years ago, when the series was still being filmed. I still watch a little here and there on cable syndication if nothing else is on and I have nothing to read. Phoebe was always my favorite, but Prue was a close second. I stopped watching as much when they killed Prue. Piper was always a little too bossy/perfect for my taste, especially after Prue's death. There was something about her (Piper) that just annoyed me. Maybe it was something to do with the whole Leo thing and all the accompanying hoopla? Meh. Regardless, it was WAY before being interested in hair as the ultimate accessory. I remember liking their hair, but not anything amazing. Maybe I should watch a rerun sometime.

Lol, that made me laugh! Piper and Leo are my favorite couple EVER!!!! I don't find them annoying, but I see how others could. Piper IMO is never perfect, she is flawed, she is strong, not bossy IMO, she has a very strong personality that seems over powering at times, it can annoying so people, i personally relate to her more than ANY other character, EVER, from the shy and awkward teenager she was to the strong and stubborn adult she becomes, i understand why she does what she does, she is passionate, loving, creative and high-strung, like me, a ball of energy getting ready to explode. You SHOULD watch a rerun and see if you like Piper better, i mean like her hair better....lol.

Patty lou
March 24th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Proof that long hair is more versitile, when Phoebe got that terrible short boy style haircut, she wa stuck with it till it grew out.
She had sooo many fun styles when it was long.

Patty lou

Hollyfire3
March 24th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Proof that long hair is more versitile, when Phoebe got that terrible short boy style haircut, she wa stuck with it till it grew out.
She had sooo many fun styles when it was long.

Patty lou

lol, SO true! Piper could curl, wave, striaghten, do different styles (granted all that heat isn't good) but Phoebe was stuck putting ugly, oversized hair clips in her hair for a season and a half.....

sfgirl
March 24th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I never really liked rose mcgowen in charmed, hair wise, but I LOVED her in Planet Terror. :)

Hollyfire3
March 24th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Lol :lol: at Rose Mcgowan using Henna

I too watch Charmed all the time. No other show for me as come close. Though I do like Ghost Whisperer :)

I'm currently re-watching Charmed all over again. I'm on season 6.
I'm also reading the short novels and I'm thinking of buying the Charmed season 9 graphic novels.

I think
Prue 1b/m/c/ii
Piper 1b?/m/ii/iii ( Piper is a hard one I can't make my mindup if she's a true straight hair or wavy since she wears both.)
Phoebe 2b/2c/m/ii
Paige 2b/f/ii

:)

Oh, so we both were pretty much in agreement for the hair types! What do you think Piper's hair measures in a ponytail? (I say 3.25 or maybe 3.75 when wavy on a good day) I say she is a wavy, possibly even a 2b/2c her hair takes curl well and looks unatural when it is stick straight. You should buy the graphic novels! I have read up to 21? or so? I LOVE them, they are amazing, i won't tell you what happens but, just, get them! You can Pm me about Charmed if you'd like. Do you have the dvds? I do, i rewatch them out of order whenever i want. Leo is mine lol! I should twitter Rose to use henna lol!

Hollyfire3
March 24th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I never really liked rose mcgowen in charmed, hair wise, but I LOVED her in Planet Terror. :)

I have seen clips of that movie, never actually watched it...i really should, Rose is cool!

augustashes
March 24th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Now I want to rewatch my dvds again! I love charmed! Phoebe was always my favorite character but I always adored Pipers hair (well not during season one but all the seasons after that) I actually dyed my hair brown for a while because of charmed lol.

Hollyfire3
March 24th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Now I want to rewatch my dvds again! I love charmed! Phoebe was always my favorite character but I always adored Pipers hair (well not during season one but all the seasons after that) I actually dyed my hair brown for a while because of charmed lol.

OMG you SHOULD watch the dvds again! We should have a Charmed rewatching thread to chat about it, who would join? Piper's hair IS amazing, so shiny! I think she straightens alot though......luckily, i have brown hair her color, but i like her darker brown color so i copy that instead. Season one, her bangs were cute but from then on out, it was all more her and got better and better, BEAUTIFUL HL hair in season 6! Care to hair type the sisters? You don't have to but just for fun.

leslissocool
March 24th, 2012, 12:56 PM
I've always loved Monica Bellucci's hair, mostly because her hair is EXACTLY the same type as mine! She's more of a wavy hair type, with SUPER coarse hair. I love that she keeps is super natural!

http://ansblog.com/wallpapers/wp-content/gallery/monica-bellucci/Monica%20Bellucci%20(60).jpg (http://ansblog.com/wallpapers/wp-content/gallery/monica-bellucci/Monica%20Bellucci%20(60).jpg)

ETA: http://www.whitegadget.com/attachments/pc-wallpapers/74563d1315286706-monica-bellucci-monica-bellucci-image.jpg
http://www.whitegadget.com/attachments/pc-wallpapers/74581d1315287117-monica-bellucci-monica-bellucci-pic-gallery.jpg

And Rose's hair is NOT thin at all! it's just so overly layered, that's the look she goes for. My hair looks like that when it's layered, I would bet her hair is super coarse and thick. Thick wavy hair can look very limp really easy, if you overly style it.

ETA: I forgot I meant to say, about Piper the fact that her hair is thin and straight my explain why it looses volume while curly. Unless you have A TON of hair (like BFF, she has about 3 times more hair than normal and naturally curly) you hair tends to look thinner curled in certain ways. My hair looks really separated while curly, mostly because I have super thick hair...

janeytilllie
OMG you SHOULD watch the dvds again! We should have a Charmed rewatching thread to chat about it, who would join? Piper's hair IS amazing, so shiny! I think she straightens alot though......luckily, i have brown hair her color, but i like her darker brown color so i copy that instead. Season one, her bangs were cute but from then on out, it was all more her and got better and better, BEAUTIFUL HL hair in season 6! Care to hair type the sisters? You don't have to but just for fun.

I would totally love to rewatch Charmed all together even though im on season 6. I would love to rewatch the early seasons :p I drive my Df Mad with Charmed:lol: mind you he has Doctor Who. I have my Charmed :-)

Venefica
Charmed is my favorite TV show, I have it on DVD and take it out to give it a watch now and again. My favorite character is Piper, she is down to earth, know what she wants and while she is powerful she is modest, she do not need to be in the limelight, but when she is needed she really step up to the plate.

My favorite hairstyle from the show have to be future Prue's long white style in the episode where the messing with a neighbor with magic creates a future where there is witch hunts, my second favorite is Piper's leather ponytail cover in the episode where a female Whitelighter more or lest starts a boot camp for the main characters.

Hollyfire3
March 24th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Charmed is my favorite TV show, I have it on DVD and take it out to give it a watch now and again. My favorite character is Piper, she is down to earth, know what she wants and while she is powerful she is modest, she do not need to be in the limelight, but when she is needed she really step up to the plate.

My favorite hairstyle from the show have to be future Prue's long white style in the episode where the messing with a neighbor with magic creates a future where there is witch hunts, my second favorite is Piper's leather ponytail cover in the episode where a female Whitelighter more or lest starts a boot camp for the main characters.

I agree, i LOVE that ponytail cover, i found the website, but lost the link and forgot to favorite it (goes to google it) nice description of Piper btw!

Hollyfire3
March 24th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I would totally love to rewatch Charmed all together even though im on season 6. I would love to rewatch the early seasons :p I drive my Df Mad with Charmed:lol: mind you he has Doctor Who. I have my Charmed :-)

Good point, i drive my household crazy with Charmed and all of them will say Piper is just like me or i'm just like her lol. Aren't obsessions and loves great?:D Glad your DF has his love too!

Hollyfire3
March 24th, 2012, 01:06 PM
I've always loved Monica Bellucci's hair, mostly because her hair is EXACTLY the same type as mine! She's more of a wavy hair type, with SUPER coarse hair. I love that she keeps is super natural!

http://ansblog.com/wallpapers/wp-content/gallery/monica-bellucci/Monica%20Bellucci%20(60).jpg

ETA: http://www.whitegadget.com/attachments/pc-wallpapers/74563d1315286706-monica-bellucci-monica-bellucci-image.jpg
http://www.whitegadget.com/attachments/pc-wallpapers/74581d1315287117-monica-bellucci-monica-bellucci-pic-gallery.jpg

And Rose's hair is NOT thin at all! it's just so overly layered, that's the look she goes for. My hair looks like that when it's layered, I would bet her hair is super coarse and thick. Thick wavy hair can look very limp really easy, if you overly style it.

ETA: I forgot I meant to say, about Piper the fact that her hair is thin and straight my explain why it looses volume while curly. Unless you have A TON of hair (like BFF, she has about 3 times more hair than normal and naturally curly) you hair tends to look thinner curled in certain ways. My hair looks really separated while curly, mostly because I have super thick hair...

You think Piper's hair is thin? And striaght? I say thick and wavy lol. I don't know about Paige, her hair looks thin in a ponytail when all one length, but then again, i could be wrong, i have never felt either of their hair.

leslissocool
March 24th, 2012, 01:23 PM
You think Piper's hair is thin? And striaght? I say thick and wavy lol. I don't know about Paige, her hair looks thin in a ponytail when all one length, but then again, i could be wrong, i have never felt either of their hair.

I think she has fine hair. Her curls look a bit off, and unnatural to me, so I think she has straight hair. So yes, her hair is thin meaning (to me) fine like each strand. Compared to my asian-like coarse wavy hair anyways.

I think though, because her hair is fine she has a lot. But when you curl it, because is fine the circumference decreases and it looks thinner.

The curly hair people I know that have fine hair, when their hair is straight end up with a ridiculous ponytail circumference. Where I notice that naturally straight Fine hair curled looks like it has a bit less volume, almost like less of it.

That's just My opinion though! My hair looks stringy curled and not, and it could NEVER look as smooth as Piper's. If you look at Monica Bellucci's pictures of her hair straight, it looks a lot different than Piper's, shiny but someone not as soft and with the same flow and stringy.

Another example, my son's hair is Fine and my daughter's is Coarse. When wet, his hair looks so much thinner than my daughters. But while dry, they look both really thick. My girl has curly hair, my son straight. My son's hair curled (not with heat, I put a couple or rolls in and he kept them! :o I hope he never reads this!) looks thinner than my girl's naturally curly/wavy hair curled, because his hair is fine. I think, had he naturally curly hair, his hair would look thicker than it is now straight, like my BFF who's hair is super thick. I don't know why, but that's something I have noticed.

Also my BFF and son's hair just LOOKS silky and smooth, curly or not. While my hair doesn't do that no matter what! It looks strong, but it's not soft and it doesn't look soft...

augustashes
March 24th, 2012, 01:25 PM
I am down to rewatch!

I tried to get DBF into charmed, we got to season 4 and kinda just stopped watching. I think he only tolerated it because the women seemed to forget to wear bras alot lol.

I'm pretty new to hairtyping so I don't think I could do it justice :( but it's interesting to see what others think.

Hollyfire3
March 24th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Intresting observations, her hair is probably average thickness but with a lots of strands because it is fine, blow dried it looks swigny and nice, curled your right it does look less. I understand what you mean, thank you for the examples and explanations. This pictures of the girl you posted were awsome, she has beautiful hair!

Hollyfire3
March 24th, 2012, 02:45 PM
I am down to rewatch!

I tried to get DBF into charmed, we got to season 4 and kinda just stopped watching. I think he only tolerated it because the women seemed to forget to wear bras alot lol.

I'm pretty new to hairtyping so I don't think I could do it justice :( but it's interesting to see what others think.

I think you should try, with this hairtyping there are no right or wrong answers, we will never know for sure when talking about actors. DBF (what does this stand for?) is very brave for watching Charmed until season 4 seasons 3 and 4 are the BEST IMO, as is season 6 and....ALL of it! And your right, all of them "forget" to wear bras often, Piper less than the other but all of them are guilty....lol