PDA

View Full Version : Oh look...it's my anniversary!

Jen
July 8th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I just noticed I have been here 4 years!

I actually remember sitting down at the computor at our home in [then] DC and committing...FOR REAL...FOR SURE...that *THIS* time I was gonna make it.

I almost made it.

I got halfway down my back and felt sticky ends and impulsively bobbed.

Then I got close to BSL and sat deciding what to do next. I liked my hair...but I wanted to get one last hurrah out of my system just so I could say I did it and got the final bob..with color[s]...and now I'm....almost exactly where I was the day I joined.

Just a hair shy of bsl.

And this time I mean it. FOR REAL. FOR SURE. THIS time I'm gonna make it.

[tosses confetti]

goldenwaves
July 8th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Go you!! Good luck!!

Shorty89
July 8th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Good luck and congrats on your anniversary. Can we see pictures?

Patrycja
July 8th, 2008, 10:28 PM
how about a custom user title? :D

SweetPea88
July 8th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Congratulations and I wish you all the luck! :flower:

Angellen
July 9th, 2008, 02:29 AM
Congrats! Good luck to getting it long! :)

DavidN
July 9th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Congratulations on your 4th anniversary at the LHC, Jen, and thank you for sharing your story. Best of luck in your new journey to long hair, and I know you will make it!

bte
July 9th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Go for it!

Congratulations on your 4th anniversary, and good luck for successful growing.

Siava
July 9th, 2008, 06:03 AM
*chuckle* Well happy anniversary! I'm rooting for you to make it THIS time. ;)

paper
July 9th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Happy Anniversary Jen :flowers:

BSL is still pretty long, at least for me it is. :eyebrows:

Good luck with your goals!

jojo
July 9th, 2008, 07:45 AM
you go for it Jen and good luck!

lilalong
July 9th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Congrats on your anniversary!

ladystar
July 9th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Congrats jen!!!

Jen
July 9th, 2008, 09:52 AM
I'll just try to not think about how long it would be right now if I had endured the vast plains of "in between" length instead of backpeddling.

I will also not be thinking about how long it would be by now if I had stood fast at my 20 yr old "My goodness time is moving so quickly...I better get going on this long hair!"

I would already BE where I have dreamed of going for so long. The frustration could just eat me up if I let it.

TLHC has been such a place of inspiration though...it's so nice to be able to read peoples thoughts, ideas, and frustrations which usually so closely match my own.

Even though I don't post very much [obviously] I read almost every day and look at pics.

I think I will try to actually participate more and be involved in the community rather than on the outskirts of it so that when I get that urge to cut [out of frustration not a genuine desire to no longer pursue long hair] perhaps some dedicated members will be willing to ambush me and tie me to a chair until the urge passes.

DiyaC
July 10th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Good luck Jen. I'm with you. I'm DEFINITELY not going to cut it this time as I've done several times in the past. I hope I reach classic at least this time. And I hope you reach your goal-length too. :)

Curlsgirl
July 10th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Hi Jen! Congratulations and I definitely think posting more and when you get discouraged will help a lot! Please do! Happy growing!:cheese: