PDA

View Full Version : Fringe help

Tawnylioness
November 22nd, 2011, 01:10 AM
so i have been agonizing over how to have my fringe for a while, i think i am leaning toward a lighter fringe as i have had a blunt heavy fringe most of my life, i have tried no fringe, nut i think i prefer to have one as i think my forhead is big and ugly. i cant ask my husband for an opinion coz he just shrugs and says they all look good.
so i thought i would see your opinions.
im sorry if the pics are big, and my fringe is longer than usual coz i havnt cut it yet, so keep that in mind :P

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/Tawnylioness/002-1-1.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/Tawnylioness/001-1.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/Tawnylioness/003-1-1.jpg

julliams
November 22nd, 2011, 04:26 AM
I like the last picture the best, your eyes are beautiful. Next I like the first picture (if the fringe were shorter as you will cut it). Can you try pinning your fringe up in a kind of pouf or else braiding it to the side to try out having no fringe? See if you like it after a couple of weeks. I don't see anything wrong with your forehead. It balances out your face perfectly - you are very attractive. Hope you find a style that you love.

Gabriel
November 22nd, 2011, 04:30 AM
LOL I was going to pick the same pictures in the same order as julliams!

I really liked the first picture with the heavy fringe until I scrolled down and saw the last picture and your eye color just pops!

Have you ever tried a side swept bang? That might be an in between option for you to try.

julliams
November 22nd, 2011, 04:31 AM
Have you ever tried a side swept bang? That might be an in between option for you to try.

Oooh - yes I think that would look amazing!! Try before you cut as you will need the length.

Violettwin
November 22nd, 2011, 04:42 AM
Yeah I think side wept bangs would look awesome, I totally agree with the comments about your eyes - they're amazing :) x

Violettwin
November 22nd, 2011, 04:42 AM
Yeah I think side wept bangs would look awesome, I totally agree with the comments about your eyes - they're amazing :) x

lol I ment side swept :cheese:

tarn
November 22nd, 2011, 05:16 AM
I like number 3 too! :)

Amber_Maiden
November 22nd, 2011, 06:04 AM
LOL I was going to pick the same pictures in the same order as julliams!

I really liked the first picture with the heavy fringe until I scrolled down and saw the last picture and your eye color just pops!

I agree with this! Side swept all the way.

starshade
November 22nd, 2011, 09:09 AM
Yes to the long side swept bangs, because your eyes are stunning and need to stand out. I don't think you should cover your forehead, bangs will frame it beautifully.

Freckled.Thing
November 22nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
I pretty much agree with what everyone else has said. Your bangs look really cool, but you have a lovely face and should show it off more. Have fun deciding. I'm pretty sure from these pictures that you'll look great no matter what you choose.

joflakes
November 22nd, 2011, 09:53 AM
I like the first and the last, but definitely not the second, it doesn't do your lovely face the justice it deserves!

chrystalevonne
November 22nd, 2011, 09:54 AM
i agree!! Side swept and let your eyes show! they are beautiful!!:)

jesis
November 22nd, 2011, 09:55 AM
I think sideswept would look really great on you. It would bring out your eyes as well as give you the bangs you want!

allycat
November 22nd, 2011, 12:06 PM
I agree with the others, haha! 3rd picture is my top choice, than 1st (trimmed a bit shorter). I'm not a fan of wispy bangs.

You have gorgeous eyes.

jacqueline101
November 22nd, 2011, 12:37 PM
Side swept or pixie like mine. If you don't want a big change.

Tawnylioness
November 22nd, 2011, 09:27 PM
thankyou for all your reply's, this is the best sideswept i could manage without knowing what i was doing and without cutting, i also parted my hair to the side. i "think" i like it but change is hard since i have had the same hairstyle my whole life....what do you think?

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/Tawnylioness/001-2.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/Tawnylioness/003-2-1.jpg

Hollyfire3
November 22nd, 2011, 09:30 PM
i like the first picture the best, all of them look pretty but, the first one looks the best.

Lisa R
November 22nd, 2011, 09:36 PM
I really like the side swept look with your hair down. It looks GREAT!!

SoulOfTheSea
November 22nd, 2011, 09:47 PM
I love the side swept bangs, but I think that they would look even cuter if they were shorter and if you keep your hair center parted. This way you can still have the framing effect of the bangs, but have them hit right at your eyebrows, you would look stunning with that look with your eyes and dark hair! Just my opinion! :)

javagrl
November 22nd, 2011, 09:52 PM
Hairstylist here. If you opt for the side swept look, it helps if they are cut at an angle for them to lay the way you want. First, determine which way you want to swoop them (left or right) and then pull straight down and slide your fingers down either to the left or right.

If not that, I would highly recommend the Zooey Deschanel bang look- right AT the brow and point-cut on the ends.

Either one would look fab, but leave the thickness that you currently have because that seems to be most current look in style. I cut bangs all day long sometimes of all different lengths and textures and I have bangs. :)

Tawnylioness
November 22nd, 2011, 10:07 PM
Hairstylist here. If you opt for the side swept look, it helps if they are cut at an angle for them to lay the way you want. First, determine which way you want to swoop them (left or right) and then pull straight down and slide your fingers down either to the left or right.

If not that, I would highly recommend the Zooey Deschanel bang look- right AT the brow and point-cut on the ends.

Either one would look fab, but leave the thickness that you currently have because that seems to be most current look in style. I cut bangs all day long sometimes of all different lengths and textures and I have bangs. :)

Please come here and cut them for me ;) im a clutz with scissors and all the hairdressers here are terrible. Would you please be able to find me a Zooey pic of the cut you mean? I love her hair :)

Tawnylioness
November 22nd, 2011, 10:10 PM
I love the side swept bangs, but I think that they would look even cuter if they were shorter and if you keep your hair center parted. This way you can still have the framing effect of the bangs, but have them hit right at your eyebrows, you would look stunning with that look with your eyes and dark hair! Just my opinion! :)

Im really not sure how to make a sidesweep with centre part, just kinda brush it to the side?

Tawnylioness
November 22nd, 2011, 10:25 PM
im also not sure about the sideswept thing coz usually my hair is dead flat and straight, in the pics i just took it down from a bun so it looks a little fuller.does that finge type suit flat hair without making me look like an afghan? ;D

should i do this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-4rQmE8MJs

SoulOfTheSea
November 22nd, 2011, 10:42 PM
Im really not sure how to make a sidesweep with centre part, just kinda brush it to the side?

Mhm, well blow dry them to the side.