PDA

View Full Version : Oddest hair-related experience of the day.

ibleedlipstick
November 22nd, 2011, 12:00 AM
I went grocery shopping with my partner today. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but between work and school we haven't left the house together in what feel like forever.

I decided to wear my hair down, because I'm having a rare excellent hair day and I didn't think that anything could happen during the thirty minutes of walking in the store.

I was wrong.

I recently hit waist, and I'm 5'9. I was walking down an aisle with him behind me, and I suddenly felt this tug as my hair got yanked. I turned around, completely livid and ready to destroy whoever dared invade my privacy. Unfortunately, my rage was wasted. My hair had managed to get stuck on some exposed biscotti packaging. B just laughed.

It was my first weird longish hair experience. My hair still doesn't feel long, but it is already getting into things. I guess I didn't realize that waist length hair and a waist high display might have problems with each other.

Anyone else have something to share?

Of the Fae
November 22nd, 2011, 12:54 AM
My hair is between shoulder and APL, and I keep getting it under my bag and into zippers. Nothing freakishly odd yet, but I wish I were at waist too :O

Violettwin
November 22nd, 2011, 12:59 AM
I'm at waist & i've managed to shut my hair in the car door several times!

Amber_Maiden
November 24th, 2011, 07:04 AM
I've closed doors on my hair. not fun when it gets caught in the hinges either- I ended up having to rip some out to get it out (because I couldn't see behind me where it was stuck). ugh.

On a gross note, I noticed on the metro the other day several strands of black, at least 35in, hair caught on one of the screws for the poster boxes... someone leaned back against it I guess... :(

Kristin
November 24th, 2011, 07:30 AM
I help with Sunday school for three-year-olds and recently had to be cut free from a child after my hair became hopelessly wrapped around her barrette. I've also been cut from metal chairs, paper towel holders, and my own car windows (the hair not only got stuck in the window, but was shoved into a crevice and couldn't be pulled free). When this happens it only involves a few strands of hair, so it isn't effecting the appearance of my hair. I usually put my hair up right after one of these incidents, though.

Hollyfire3
November 24th, 2011, 08:07 AM
My hair is bsl or almost mbl so it isn't terribly long but, it is long enough to get caught on metal chairs and bag straps. Very annoying.