PDA

View Full Version : I'm so thrilled!!

starshade
November 21st, 2011, 06:55 PM
So I've only been on LHC for for about 2 weeks, but in that time, or rather just 10 days my hair has grown this much!! Now even taking into account the different angles of my head, measuring shows an increase in 1/2" already. I measured about 50 times to be sure :D
Not sure why the picture colours have gone weird but I can't seem to fix that. My hair is oiled both times and combed out, so it's mostly stretched out from my curls. I measure when stretched as well.
I think my hair grows close to around 1" a month normally, not very sure as I've never bothered about it before, so this is an improvement. The 2 things I've been doing which I could attribute this to are a 50-50 mix of castor and coconut oil 3x a week left on overnight, and a Himalaya hair-loss cream massaged into the scalp every night. It's Ayurvedic, so all-natural. I started using both to address the extreme shed I've had in the recent past, and it seems to be helping with thatl, but I didn't think it would make my hair grow faster as well. I don't take any supplements, but I eat quite healthy.
So any way, I was so excited about this, I just had to share with all you wonderful people out there !! :happydance:
Btw, my goal before I joined was waist, but in just 2 weeks, I'm already thinking at least hip :D
Sorry about the ugly-looking pic again!

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa378/starshade77/hairgrowth.jpg

uptosomeone
November 21st, 2011, 07:22 PM
Wow, that's amazing! Congratulations. LHC really does wonders for your hair, doesn't it? :D

If you have a Canon camera (which it looks like you might), it might be on color swap, which would account for the funky coloring.

starshade
November 21st, 2011, 08:23 PM
Wow, that's amazing! Congratulations. LHC really does wonders for your hair, doesn't it? :D

If you have a Canon camera (which it looks like you might), it might be on color swap, which would account for the funky coloring.

Thanks. I do have a canon- the pic looks fine on my screen till I upload it. I wonder if it's the CMYK thing when I put the 2 pics together on photoshop??
Maybe all the positive vibes on here are helping my hair grow faster too!

jacqueline101
November 21st, 2011, 09:18 PM
Yes support does something for you and your hair growth. I've been on here since june. I'm glad you're growing your hair so gracefully. Keep up the good work.

starshade
November 22nd, 2011, 09:13 AM
Thank you jacqueline, I'm happy being here, as I feel I'm actually caring for myself (hair) after eons, which strangely makes me feel positive about other things as well.

DancingQueen
November 22nd, 2011, 09:44 AM
wow, amaizing! And you seem to you use castor oil the same way I do. Now I can't wait to measure, I hope my results will be as good as yours. Keep up the good work. :)

starshade
November 22nd, 2011, 07:31 PM
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa378/starshade77/hairgrowth2.jpg
Managed to fix it- it was the CMYK/ RGB settings. Need to take pics in better light next time.

starshade
November 22nd, 2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks dancingqueen, I'm sure the castor oil will be working for you as well. It truly has amazing properties. BTW, I love that song!

PixxieStix
November 22nd, 2011, 09:01 PM
Oh yay, congratulations! I can't wait to see how this goes for you over the next few months, you'll be to BSL in no time!

Funny thing about goal length: mine original goal as well was waist, but after a little while decided that I wanted to try for hip/tailbone! :D This place does strange, yet wonderful, things to you and your hair and perceptions of it!

Avital88
November 24th, 2011, 07:00 AM
wow, this is some amazing progress!

Martukita
November 24th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Woow! I want this growth for my hair!! I've been on LHC for about 2 weeks also and I think my hair is growing faster also... but maybe it's just me! So I will upload pictures in two weeks to see the monthly comparison! Lovely hair, congrats! :eek:

starshade
November 24th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Thank you Pixxie, Avita, Martukita. Since it was unexpected it just makes me even more kicked by it. I'm trying to be really careful with my hair in general, so that breakage/damage doesn't cancel out the growth factor. My hair is still shedding more than I would like though. I've also realised my hair is fine and not medium, as I thought- compared it to a friend :(

jojo
November 24th, 2011, 08:43 AM
congratulations for such progress in such a little time. Your hair looks more thicker too not that it wasnt super thick before! keep up the good work!!

Anywhere
November 24th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I use castor oil the same way.

I feel like it looks as if your head is tilted forward a bit in the first photo. 1/2" of growth seems logical. If your hair grows at 1" per month, and it's been almost 2 weeks, well.. then that's 1/2" growth.

Since it's been 10 days then you might have a slightly improved growth rate. But even then head tilting does make a difference.

(My head tilting to the extreme, in both directions, makes me appear anywhere from WL to CL.)

1" growth per month naturally is very quick growth already if you ask me, so either way, keep up the good work. :D