PDA

View Full Version : Wow! My hair has really...

donna'sdaughter
November 21st, 2011, 04:49 PM
Gotten quite thick! I've been following the sme castor oil and olive oil routine and my hair is growing really nicely-if I do say so myself. I'm really excited because I'm graduating in December and I though I won't reach my goal of tailbone by then, I've still had some pretty good growth. It took me an hour to blow dry my 'fro, so I hope you ladies (and gent) enjoy the pics!* Hope my pics don't eat the screen!

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab235/pierrefelixma/SDC11212.jpg

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab235/pierrefelixma/SDC11210.jpg

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab235/pierrefelixma/0022-1.jpg

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab235/pierrefelixma/001-1.jpg

Amber_Maiden
November 21st, 2011, 04:51 PM
Wow! I love your fro! :)

donna'sdaughter
November 21st, 2011, 04:56 PM
Thanks love! I've learned to love it too-my hair's much healthier without me straightening it all the time.

Creatureling
November 21st, 2011, 05:03 PM
my hair is growing really nicely-if I do say so myself.

Well I would say so too :D. Glorious hair!

katsrevenge
November 21st, 2011, 05:05 PM
Lovely hair there! (Both ways, natural and blown out.)

donna'sdaughter
November 21st, 2011, 05:06 PM
thank you for the kind compliment Creatureling ( I love that name-it made me giggle) lol

donna'sdaughter
November 21st, 2011, 05:08 PM
You gals are so sweet. It's been a long road coming from fried hair that was shedding and breaking off like crazy. I'm kinda sad that I didn't meet my goal but hey, I can't have everything all at once! I'll just keep doing what I've been doing and hopefully I get there (tailbone) in due time. Maybe by the summer if I'm reeeaaaly nice to my strands.

SpinDance
November 21st, 2011, 05:11 PM
Oh wow, your hair is so awesome!! Lovely progress. Congratulations also on your graduation in December.

katsrevenge
November 21st, 2011, 05:25 PM
I'm hoping for tailbone by summer too... or if I'm extremely lucky.. classic! Here is to our hair luck being great!!

lindaton
November 21st, 2011, 05:28 PM
Wow look at that shine and how long it is. Very pretty.

Helix
November 21st, 2011, 05:29 PM
I like big hair and I can not lie! Your blow-out is a thing of beauty and so is your straightened hair.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your straightening regimen? (products/technique you use).

Aimskylove
November 21st, 2011, 05:42 PM
Great progress! How long have you been using castor oil. I bought it a long time ago but find it too thick for my liking. lol.

donna'sdaughter
November 21st, 2011, 06:11 PM
I like big hair and I can not lie! Your blow-out is a thing of beauty and so is your straightened hair.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your straightening regimen? (products/technique you use).
Thank you! I simply blow dry(without any oil) because I don't want to fry it.Then I take a bit of coconut oil and rub it down the length of my hair. Sometimes, I switch it up and use olive oil instead. The oil gives the hair a nice shine.

donna'sdaughter
November 21st, 2011, 06:13 PM
Great progress! How long have you been using castor oil. I bought it a long time ago but find it too thick for my liking. lol.
I've been using the castor oil for about a year now. I use it only at night and only every other day. By the time I wake up in the morning, my scalp has absorbed most of the castor oil. It is quite thick :) hehe!

donna'sdaughter
November 21st, 2011, 06:15 PM
The kindness and camaraderie is one of the reasons I joined LHC. You guys give the best compliments and make all the oiling and staying away from straightening worthwhile.

starshade
November 21st, 2011, 06:23 PM
I love your hair both ways- it looks so thick and beautiful :)

princessp
November 21st, 2011, 07:54 PM
Wow you have pretty amazing hair, congrats on your progress!

jesis
November 21st, 2011, 07:55 PM
Looks great!

lapispimpernel
November 21st, 2011, 09:25 PM
Wow! I love your fro! :)

Seconding this! It really is great- any super curly hair just oozes joy to me. :D I hope you reach your goal quickly & post a bunch of pics for us when you do.

shannonsun
November 21st, 2011, 09:34 PM
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab235/pierrefelixma/SDC11212.jpg

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab235/pierrefelixma/001-1.jpg

Gorgeous, gorgeous hair. Just some more proof that castor oil works wonders. Can I ask, did you always have such great shine or do you think the castor oil helped with that too?

kanaka
November 21st, 2011, 09:40 PM
Beautiful hair! i love how thick it looks and it is amazing :)

I am hoping for tailbone too by summer and 3 inches away. i need trims in between to grow my my layers and to thicken my ends as well and i am thinking of trying castor oil too

Happy growing :)

honeydippedxo
November 21st, 2011, 09:54 PM
Thick thick luscious loveliness. <3
I love the wild curls, it's very Diana Ross C: sexyy.

Celtic Morla
November 22nd, 2011, 10:41 AM
That is incredible!! WOW!! How interesting that it is as long as it is!

I love it! Do you ever braid it to try to keep the kink down? Just curious about what you do to control it without blow drying it

donna'sdaughter
November 22nd, 2011, 11:17 AM
That is incredible!! WOW!! How interesting that it is as long as it is!

I love it! Do you ever braid it to try to keep the kink down? Just curious about what you do to control it without blow drying it

I do it keep it braided, twisted, or in a bun most of the time-not to tame the kink, but to protect it. Afro textured hair is extremely fragile.

donna'sdaughter
November 22nd, 2011, 11:19 AM
Thick thick luscious loveliness. <3
I love the wild curls, it's very Diana Ross C: sexyy.
Why thank you mam!

donna'sdaughter
November 22nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
Gorgeous, gorgeous hair. Just some more proof that castor oil works wonders. Can I ask, did you always have such great shine or do you think the castor oil helped with that too?

The oil definitely helped with the shine. My hair was dry and brittle before my oil routine. You'd be surprised to see the difference in thickness too. My hair used to be quite thin.

milk
November 22nd, 2011, 01:54 PM
Beautiful wildness! And sooo long, how long did it take for you to get there?

donna'sdaughter
November 22nd, 2011, 04:48 PM
Beautiful wildness! And sooo long, how long did it take for you to get there?
I've been actively growing my hair from a little below shoulder length to the length it is now for about 3 years. It's taken me a long time and a lot of protection to get to where I'm at now.

summergreen
November 23rd, 2011, 10:56 AM
Ohhhh fab hair!! I love the 'fro, it looks amazing straight as well!

*Seraphina*
November 23rd, 2011, 11:45 AM
Wow great hair!

lapushka
November 23rd, 2011, 12:02 PM
Congratulations! It looks awesome!

DarkChocolate
November 23rd, 2011, 02:13 PM
Your hair has such a pretty shine:) Curly hair is deceiving since you never really know how long it is until you straighten it:)

donna'sdaughter
November 23rd, 2011, 08:24 PM
thanks ladies. I washed last night, oiled, and now I'm back in braids. Really going to toughen up my routine so I an reach my goal. The last few inches are torture to wait for. UGHHH , I can't stand it.

Tressie
November 23rd, 2011, 08:55 PM
Your hair looks wonderful both ways! Congratulations on your great growth. beautiful healthy hair, and graduation~ :flower:

Lostsoule77
November 23rd, 2011, 09:01 PM
Your hair is beautiful both ways! Good luck on getting to your goal. Congratulations on your impending graduation. :)

jojo
November 24th, 2011, 10:35 AM
that is some beautiful hair you have.