PDA

View Full Version : Hair in motion after big trim :>

error
November 21st, 2011, 03:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua980a9NTO4

First I would like to state that there was a time I absolutely hated my hair texture , pin straight always in a huge knot at the nape of my neck , fried it with hair curling irons , put harmful products into it to get volume . Well I am glad that is over with , and also that I found my own little niche here on the LHC, I whole heartedly thank all of you kind women and gents for helping me gain healthier hair :hifive: tonight I had trimmed off three inches but my ends are finally starting to level out ! Thank you lhc for helping me learn to love my hair's texture for the way it is , I had no idea if I just left it alone it would be so shiney and soft. I am happy to know my hair is not dull boring and flat but silky and shiny . In the past few months I have had a few hair accidents , candle fire, fan , etc. but somehow I managed to still baby it into being nice and continue growing lol I am excited to continue my hair growing journey , I wanna see how long it can get :> thank you all !

Amber_Maiden
November 21st, 2011, 03:50 PM
Congrats! :D Looks great!

jacqueline101
November 21st, 2011, 03:57 PM
Your hair is growing greatly I like it.

BabyRay33
November 21st, 2011, 04:06 PM
I have always admired your hair! I'm glad you are meeting your goals.

Calaelen
November 21st, 2011, 04:11 PM
It's beautiful, you are beautiful, and red, is definitely your colour.

moxamoll
November 21st, 2011, 04:16 PM
Jealous! Your hair is gorgeous! :D

error
November 21st, 2011, 04:31 PM
Thanks everyone! Also thanks for the complement on the sweater , I love sweater weather.

MonaLisa
November 21st, 2011, 06:33 PM
It looks great! I really love that length!
Did you trim it yourself? Cause it looks perfectly shaped...

And also you're so beautiful!:)

spidermom
November 21st, 2011, 07:17 PM
Oh it does look great! I long wished for hair like that - straight and dark.

PixxieStix
November 21st, 2011, 07:35 PM
Oooooo, purdy! :D Gorgeous hair, it is looking wonderful, can't wait to see it at thigh!

error
November 21st, 2011, 10:19 PM
Thanks again soooo much! Yes I do the spider mom method to trim my hair :>

bettylibertine
November 21st, 2011, 11:21 PM
Lovely :D It's so shiny!

Asequui
November 22nd, 2011, 01:02 AM
:thud: Your hair looks gorgeous! The color and texture and shine are just :thudpile:
Lol, makes me wish mine was naturally straight. :D

Violettwin
November 22nd, 2011, 01:09 AM
great hair & sooooo straight!I'm having hair envy right now!x

MonaLisa
November 22nd, 2011, 01:13 AM
Thanks again soooo much! Yes I do the spider mom method to trim my hair :>

Hmm What is this method? :o

Alaia
November 22nd, 2011, 02:33 AM
Gorgeous!

And I agree, red is definitely your colour :D

Avital88
November 22nd, 2011, 02:56 AM
WoWW!! classic looks amazing on you!and perfect ends, you are true inspiration to me for my next goal

longhairedlady
November 22nd, 2011, 03:16 AM
Oh you and your hair is beautiful! :D

bouclée
November 22nd, 2011, 04:48 AM
Woww, beautiful! :flower: There are so much beautiful hair on this forum, you truly are my inspiration, all of you! (please, my hair, growwwwwww:heartbeat)

kanaka
November 22nd, 2011, 05:30 AM
Ya i am jealous too. your hair is amazing and gorgeous :)

Chetanlaiho
November 22nd, 2011, 05:45 AM
Love it! Except for the part where your gorgeous hair is making me want to grow my hair longer than hip as well when I should be trying to even up my ends :o

Shield31
November 22nd, 2011, 06:47 AM
You have beautiful hair and it looks fantastic. Those ends look great and the movement of your length is wonderful! Keep up the good work !!! :)

error
November 22nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
Omg thank you everyone for such amazing comments! Just to let everyone know my hair is not always this well behaved it LOVES to tangle , loves it , I always need a comb with me and I have not found a hair friendly product yet that keeps my hair from tangling ! So I am assuming it will need a lot more future trims till I trim out my abused hair of the past . The spidermom method is where you keep you're head straight and grasp it in an even low pony and slide your hand straight down to the tips
(or sometimes I take an elastic and slide the elastic down to the tips ) grasp the tips firmly and bring them around my waist , take a sharp pair of hair cutting scissors and trim in a straight line , it gives me a more even hemline instead of the intense taper I used to have (and that is gorgeous on some ladies over here but mine was an unhealthy taper ) And for anyone with hair envy, trust me even for me i was not a long hair over night ! It is equivalent to watching a pot of water boil, on low flame ... in the arctic lol . But yes my hair has come a long way since I have been a part of the lhc I really had no idea my natural hair was this smooth , it always had this textured tousled look to it but not the hair model kind , the fried kind . Thank you all again for all the support and lovely comments ... you have really boosted my confidence level , outside of the lhc a lot of girls ask me when I am going to cut my hair or get some highlights LOL .

Ravenwind
November 22nd, 2011, 11:45 AM
Perfect, gorgeous hair! Jealous! x)

Syrena
November 22nd, 2011, 12:43 PM
Your hair is beautiful! :) You hated your straigth hair and I always wished to have straight hair like you. Mine is quiet straight but with a slight wave it the bottom:(

Emerald88
November 22nd, 2011, 01:08 PM
Your hair (and you) looks fantastic. I love shiny dark hair so much.

DarkChocolate
November 22nd, 2011, 03:30 PM
I love your hair:) The black is really nice on you:)

brunutty
November 22nd, 2011, 04:09 PM
Beautiful! I love how my hair feels after a trim.

Oh and I'm sorry, but that duck video is hilarious haha.

Merewen
November 22nd, 2011, 06:34 PM
It certainly is silky! I love how it swooshes. I love my curls and wurls, but they just don't swoosh like that.

Hollyfire3
November 22nd, 2011, 08:37 PM
VERRY long and VERRY Beautiful!!! How'd you do it and how long did it take?

It certainly is silky! I love how it swooshes. I love my curls and wurls, but they just don't swoosh like that.

Amen to that! I wish my hair was silky like that!

Yame
November 22nd, 2011, 08:57 PM
Looks beautiful! I can't wait until my hair is that long!

HazyMoon
November 22nd, 2011, 09:02 PM
Your hair color is beautiful!

UltraBella
November 22nd, 2011, 11:02 PM
Beautiful! I love how my hair feels after a trim.

Oh and I'm sorry, but that duck video is hilarious haha.

I agree on both counts.
Beautiful hair, funny duck video. Whenever anyone posts a YouTube video of themselves, I always watch the others out of curiosity ;)

Teufelchen
November 23rd, 2011, 01:30 AM
It looks absolutely gorgeous. :)
I love it. :) and we have a very similar hair type.

DakarNick
November 23rd, 2011, 06:46 AM
Beautiful hair, Error!

Find out why the sucker from your makeup bag had blood on it? Hahaha!

Freija
November 23rd, 2011, 07:25 AM
Oh, pretty! I love the way it flows - and because it's dark, the shine shows even more. Congratulations! :)

error
November 23rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
Omg I am so embarrassed everyone from here is watching my insane self caught on video , NOT for the faint of heart I should seriously live in a cage . Lol and thank you again everyone for such blush worthy comments! Lemme try to answer a few things including a rundown of what works for my hair .

I am a huge fan of mane and tail , the shampoo is very strong! So what I do is mix a little squeeze of shampoo into my palm .. less then a quarter size plop of it, then I squeeze an equal amount of honey into it , mix it around with my index finger then work it into my scalp only . I rinse it out rather quickly after I wash my scalp then I take my mane and tail conditioner mixture (again the conditioner is very strong and full of protein , protein is fantastic but in moderation , also not all hair likes it ) ok so I take my little spiderman tea cup lol its like a tea party tea cup, I fill that half way with my conditioner I put two tea spoons of honey , and a half tea spoon of olive oil and stir it up real good . Once you finish this mixture there is a whole bunch of product so I slather it all down my hair rest my hair down my back and take my shower/enjoy hot water on my face for an obnoxious period of time , my showers end up being twenty minutes so the mixture soaks on my head for twenty minutes and when finished I tilt my head back and let it all slide off . I always gently comb out tangles before my shower and never pile my hair on top of my head ! This is what I do with my hair once every saturday and every wednesday I make a large cup of green tea and rinse my hair in the sink (heh I almost typed toilet ) <---imagine that. I do not rinse the tea out with water I just wrap it in a towel and go about my business . After trimming I normally oil the ends with argan oil or coconut oil ... I am bad I love wearin my hair down and since I try not to over wash it and I do get greasy I crimp it by making seven little braids like Coolio :D .... I hope this helps for someone with similar hair to me I am too derp to hair type properly so I was hoping video could be more accurate to the way my hair behaves :> If anyone has any further questioning I would love to blab it about! I am so happy I have been asked for hair advice. Once again sorry for the horror that is my mouth in my other videos ,ill go eat my soap now . :soapbox:

Nae
November 23rd, 2011, 03:21 PM
Your hair is looking really healthy! I have always been impressed by your hair and it just keeps getting better and better. It was fun to see it in action instead of just a still shot like we get in pictures. Thanks for that!

vintage88
November 23rd, 2011, 03:52 PM
Beautiful hair to be proud of :)