PDA

View Full Version : I'm pretty I have one of the longest torsos on LHC!

uptosomeone
November 21st, 2011, 11:52 AM
I've been reading around, and it seems for most people that waist is a lot shorter on them than on me. For me it hits at 32" exactly. Am I just going insane, or is my torso really as long as I think it is?? :P

Avital88
November 21st, 2011, 11:53 AM
i think its longer than usual yes, im 5'9 with long limbs and waist is around30.5 31 inches on me

getoffmyskittle
November 21st, 2011, 11:53 AM
How tall are you?

sbhonda
November 21st, 2011, 11:57 AM
I'm only 5'4", but my waist is at 30". I know I have a long torso. Even one piece bathing suits specifically for long torsos result in wedgies for me. Not fun. The long torso also means short legs, and short pants are too long for me. I have strange proportions, but for the most part I like how my body looks.

Amber_Maiden
November 21st, 2011, 11:58 AM
My waist is at 31in, so I'm really not that far behind you. I'm 5'6 and a half.

Heartwillfollow
November 21st, 2011, 12:03 PM
my is 31 or 32 and am 5'9" thinking another 2 years...

Freckled.Thing
November 21st, 2011, 12:06 PM
I'm 5'9" and waist falls at 31" on me.

beccababesx
November 21st, 2011, 12:06 PM
Mine is at 32.5 and I'm only 5"6!! Haha so stop complaining :p its rather odd, you can see it's long but not freakishly so... Hope not anyway lol! Ah well it's only an inch now :cheese:

uptosomeone
November 21st, 2011, 12:27 PM
How tall are you?
I'm 5'5". :p

I'm only 5'4", but my waist is at 30". I know I have a long torso. Even one piece bathing suits specifically for long torsos result in wedgies for me. Not fun. The long torso also means short legs, and short pants are too long for me. I have strange proportions, but for the most part I like how my body looks.
This happens to me all the time. I do really like one piece bathing suits, but it's incredibly hard to find one that isn't wedgie central! Pants aren't that big of an issue though...I wear skinny pants only, and they don't ever have a problem with dragging on the floor.

Mine is at 32.5 and I'm only 5"6!! Haha so stop complaining :p its rather odd, you can see it's long but not freakishly so... Hope not anyway lol! Ah well it's only an inch now :cheese:
I'm an inch shorter than you, so we're actually about even proportion wise... ;)

BabyRay33
November 21st, 2011, 12:51 PM
Mine is about 30'' and I am 5'6. It is kinda funny how much it vaires based on body type and things like that. My torso is short!!

holothuroidea
November 21st, 2011, 12:56 PM
I just measured and mine is only 27" (I'm 5'3"). Is there also a thread for the freakishly short-torsoed? lol

Nera
November 21st, 2011, 01:00 PM
I have got an insanely long torso too!

Nevvie
November 21st, 2011, 01:04 PM
I'm just shy of 5'4" and waist on me is between 30/31". I have a sort of short torso/long leg build so it's odd that my measurements seem comparable to longer torsos. Maybe I have a longer than usually head or neck? Or maybe the curve around the top of my head is just oddly long. Or maybe I'm just measuring wrong. I suppose one of these days I should measure with a belt around my waist instead of just using my hand. Maybe I'm closer than I think.

Springlets
November 21st, 2011, 01:57 PM
I'm 5'6 and my waist is at 26.5, so I probably have the shortest torso on LHC for someone of my height. I thought I was crazy when my hair reached waist and I compared the numbers to everyone on the BSL to Waist thread, since the average measurement seems to be 30" and above. I don't think yours is overly long. :) There are other people on here whose waist measurement is 36", although they were probably taller than 5'5.

WaterMusic
November 21st, 2011, 02:13 PM
I am 5' 3", and my waist is around 31". I have really short legs. Seriously, most people don't notice on their own, but once I point it out they laugh.

MsBubbles
November 21st, 2011, 02:20 PM
Oh yeah? Well I have legs that go on forever and come up to here.

Not really. I just wanted to say that. :p

Waist is 32" ish on me. I'm 5 ft 10.

Apriori
November 21st, 2011, 02:29 PM
I'm 5'2.5'' and waist on me is 30'', I think that's a little longer than average for my height :)

PinkyCat
November 21st, 2011, 02:31 PM
I've been reading around, and it seems for most people that waist is a lot shorter on them than on me. For me it hits at 32" exactly. Am I just going insane, or is my torso really as long as I think it is?? :P

Nope, mine is 33" and I'm only 5'3 - I WIN! :cheese:

I've got the thick short munchkin legs though...

Woosh
November 21st, 2011, 04:11 PM
I'm about 5'10 and waist is at about 32 inches.

I actually thought my hair was getting pretty close to waist, but it I've got three more inches to go apparently!

Carolyn
November 21st, 2011, 04:24 PM
I'm 5' 8 1/2" and waist is 33" on me. I used to have to add 1 3/4" to adjust the back waist length on any clothing I made for myself.

Aerin
November 21st, 2011, 04:47 PM
Yep! I'm 5'6'', and I think waist is 33'' on me!

QMacrocarpa
November 21st, 2011, 04:50 PM
I'm 5'7" and waist is 33" on me. When I learned to drive, it became very noticeable that my mother and I have different proportions: though the same height, each of us would make major adjustments to the driver's seat position if the other had been the last driver.

Annibelle
November 21st, 2011, 05:05 PM
Hmmm, mine is at 30" and I'm 5'3", but I've always thought I looked proportionate... I don't look like a model, but I thought my proportions were average...

Kome
November 21st, 2011, 05:29 PM
Hmmm, mine is at 30" and I'm 5'3", but I've always thought I looked proportionate... I don't look like a model, but I thought my proportions were average...

Models aren't proportionate in comparison to a lot of women. We're all different and that's okay. Short legs are okay too! There is a lot of negativity in this thread about being "disproportionate" and it's bothering me. We're all different for a REASON and none of them is better than the other. Just wanted to throw that in. :cheese:

On that note, I think waist is 31-32 inches for me and I am 5'3. I'm not sure and can't get measuring tape right now as I'm not at home, but I've always had a long torso and have the one piece bathing suit problem as well. I just wear bikini's. I rock my cupcake belly and curves! :eyebrows:

Annibelle
November 21st, 2011, 06:09 PM
Models aren't proportionate in comparison to a lot of women. We're all different and that's okay. Short legs are okay too! There is a lot of negativity in this thread about being "disproportionate" and it's bothering me. We're all different for a REASON and none of them is better than the other. Just wanted to throw that in. :cheese:

On that note, I think waist is 31-32 inches for me and I am 5'3. I'm not sure and can't get measuring tape right now as I'm not at home, but I've always had a long torso and have the one piece bathing suit problem as well. I just wear bikini's. I rock my cupcake belly and curves! :eyebrows:

If I contributed to any negativity, I didn't mean to. :flower: I always just thought I was average because I've never had that problem with shirts or bathing suits or anything, and "regular" length jeans fit me just right. (At Gap, anyway-- everywhere else they're 3-6" too long. :rolleyes: ) But then again, I like my jeans to ride high. What are marketed as "hip huggers" hit me smack in the middle between my hip bones and my (high) belly button. So I guess there are some strange proportions there, after all... hmmm.

torrilin
November 21st, 2011, 06:50 PM
5'6", and waist measures at 32" on me. In practice, it's more like 34-35". So yeah, no... 32" is not all that long :).

prosperina
November 21st, 2011, 07:25 PM
Waist is about 31.5 or 32 inches on me. I'm 5'8" and have long everything, legs, torso, fingers. When I'm sitting down next to my boyfriend, sometimes I look taller, even though he is about 6 foot. All his height is in his legs.

So, after all my growing I'm just finally at waist! So I understand (and share!) your frustration.

jesis
November 21st, 2011, 07:29 PM
I'm 5'4 and waist is 32" I also have kind a long neck as well. :)

patienceneeded
November 21st, 2011, 07:34 PM
I'm 5'6" and waist is 28/29" on me, so I'm another one in the shorter torso category. Funny tangent - DH and I are almost the same height (he's 5'7", I'm 5'6"). His inseam for pants is 29" and mine is 32" which I've always found interesting. He's an inch taller than me, but my inseam is 3inches longer than his!

Mesmerise
November 21st, 2011, 08:26 PM
My waist is at 29" but I'm only 4'11" so yeah, I have a longish torso compared to my legs too! It's kinda reassuring to know that I'm not the only short legged one here, I often feel like a bit of a freak (partly because I'm short enough that everyone feels the need to comment, and also because when I'm sitting I'm actually not THAT short compared to everyone else).

Also remember, though, that waist height isn't directly tied to the length of your torso. Even two people who have exactly the same sitting heights can have differen't waists! That's why someone who seems to have a long waist can still have fairly "average" proportions. I mean... some people have like really long necks, and others have short necks... a long necked person could be the same height as a short necked person, but the actual body length of the short necked person will be longer.

WaterMusic
November 21st, 2011, 08:29 PM
My waist is at 29" but I'm only 4'11" so yeah, I have a longish torso compared to my legs too! It's kinda reassuring to know that I'm not the only short legged one here, I often feel like a bit of a freak (partly because I'm short enough that everyone feels the need to comment, and also because when I'm sitting I'm actually not THAT short compared to everyone else).

This! I love being short legged, because when I'm sitting I look taller. My ex was over a foot taller than me, and if I had a short torso instead of the other way around, it would have sucked.

Sunsailing
November 21st, 2011, 08:40 PM
Of course, waist length is different on men than on women.
I'm not quite 5'10", but it took until 37-38" for mine to hit my waist (I keep it a little short now). I do have a long torso compared to the length of my legs.

So when someone posts the question on how long it takes to get to waist, the length of torso is just one of the many variables.

dulce
November 21st, 2011, 09:02 PM
I used to be 5 feet 5 inches now with age, am 5 feet 4 inches.To my waist is 30-31 inches.I was called long waisted in sewing class when we had to fit patterns.My daughter [ 5 feet 5 inches] is also long waisted.It doesn't always correlate with being tall.Getting to waist takes a bit longer than shorter waisted people!

Anje
November 21st, 2011, 09:03 PM
Well, I'm glad you're pretty. :D

I'm 5'7" and my waist is at about 30". Sounds about average, but overall my torso is pretty short. Petite tops fit it better (but then sleeve length is an issue).

honeydippedxo
November 21st, 2011, 10:01 PM
I'm 5'6 and my waist is at 26.5, so I probably have the shortest torso on LHC for someone of my height.

I'm with springlets. I'm 5'6 and waist is at 26.5 heyy C:
I have a pretty short torso and long legs. The trouble with that is, even if I get long legged jeans/pants, one trip to the dryer and I have me some high waters :( DAMMIT!

Kyla
November 21st, 2011, 10:04 PM
My torso is long, and I'm a little past waist-I just totally messed up my last measurement! :p

Masara
November 21st, 2011, 10:50 PM
I didn't celebrate being at waist until I was at 30 inches, but looking at the photos now, I can see that I was actually at waist at 28". I'm exactly 5ft tall with a proportionally short torso but a long neck.

ibleedlipstick
November 21st, 2011, 10:58 PM
I'm 5'9 and waist is at 28 for me. I have no torso, and it is terrible. If I were flat chested, it might be okay, but I'm not. I'm all limbs, neck and boobs. Not attractive or easy to shop for.

Lissandria
November 22nd, 2011, 04:44 AM
mine is 29.5" and im 5'8". I have a shorter waist and long legs!

julliams
November 22nd, 2011, 04:49 AM
I'm 5'6 and my waist is between 31" and 32". I know I have a long torso because one piece swim suits are never long enough for me.

Lize
November 22nd, 2011, 05:09 AM
Don't know... for me it's 31".

MissEarlGrey
November 22nd, 2011, 05:33 AM
I think I've got you beaten. Waist in 35" on me. Growing up my mum and aunts would always go on about my long torso and other willowy limbs.

And I'm 5'5!

Chetanlaiho
November 22nd, 2011, 05:37 AM
Mine is at a similar length, if not even a little bit longer ;) I'm 5'10/11"-ish but my torso is relatively short compared to my legs :o

Changling
November 22nd, 2011, 07:09 AM

I'm 5'1" and I have a long torso, shorter legs. I like the way it looks, too. I know that the "in" look right now for women is just the opposite, to have legs that go on forever, but I don't care :p I think it looks awesome in it's own way.

MsBubbles
November 22nd, 2011, 07:25 AM
So when someone posts the question on how long it takes to get to waist, the length of torso is just one of the many variables.

Right! Head-size being one of them.

uptosomeone
November 22nd, 2011, 11:44 PM
Well, I'm glad you're pretty. :D

I'm 5'7" and my waist is at about 30". Sounds about average, but overall my torso is pretty short. Petite tops fit it better (but then sleeve length is an issue).

I read that about three times confusedly before I realized I'd made a mistake in the title. :p I do that all the time--the mistake thing, I mean! Not sure if that's mildly hidden dyslexia or what, but it sure is annoying to miss whole words here and there!

Sunny Elf
December 26th, 2011, 06:48 PM
I'm 5'5 and waist for me is at 27", so that means I have a very short torso, huh? I have a longer than average neck though, so it balances out a little. I suppose having a short torso works in my favor because it gives the appearance of longer hair! :D

And by the way, I love longer torsos, I think they're really pretty :) You guys have extra height when you are sitting! I'm so short sitting...! LOL :p

Tia2010
December 26th, 2011, 07:40 PM
I'm 5'2 and waist is 32 (dh measured so if he wasn't distracted by football it's accurate :) ) so I guess I have a longish torso?

ETA: I've had people thinking I'm taller than I was (when Im sitting) and when I stand they say that im shorter than they expected. *shrug* So I guess I look tall as long as I'm sitting down..haha. Now, if only I could look tall when standing *humph* ( I have a little tall girl envy going on :) )

young&reckless
December 26th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I am 5ft 2in anc hip is 33inches on me. Tiny torso here.

mzBANGBANG
December 26th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I'm 5'4ish maybe a little taller and my waist is about 31. I've always felt like a had a very long torso, but hey, maybe I just have a fat head. :D

About 7 more inches and I am there! Guess my mini goal is 3.5 inches by graduation (May)

KwaveT
December 26th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I am 5'6" and I think waist on me is 36 inches. Like somebody else mentioned, men have different measurements than women.

eezepeeze
December 26th, 2011, 09:15 PM
are you measuring from your hairline or your crown or your shoulders? I'm a little confused

jacqueline101
December 26th, 2011, 10:16 PM
I'm only 5ft7inches.

Carissamarie08
December 26th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Im 5'7 with a long torso and long legs...I guess I am weird haha

Revontuletar
December 26th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Waist for me is 32 inches as well. I am 170cm tall, not quite sure what that is in feet and inches.

Savvyhorsez
December 26th, 2011, 10:41 PM
I'm about 5'10 and waist is about 36 inches for me.

Niphredil
December 27th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Waist on me is about 33.5", while I'm 172cm (or 5.6' ?). Long torso here as well, which is a PITA to buy clothes for (I'm also well gifted in the ladies department and boy do they eat up shirt-length..... )

almond
December 27th, 2011, 12:50 AM
are you measuring from your hairline or your crown or your shoulders? I'm a little confused
This is what I'm wondering too!
Waist is 28'' on me and I'm 5'7'' which means I have a really short torso (I don't think so), or that I didn't measure my hair well. I measured it from the top of my head.

Niphredil
December 27th, 2011, 01:03 AM
This is what I'm wondering too!
Waist is 28'' on me and I'm 5'7'' which means I have a really short torso (I don't think so), or that I didn't measure my hair well. I measured it from the top of my head.

LHC standard is to measure from the front hairline. I think there is an article somewhere about measuring LHC style, but I can't find it right now.

almond
December 27th, 2011, 01:14 AM
LHC standard is to measure from the front hairline. I think there is an article somewhere about measuring LHC style, but I can't find it right now.
Thank you!
I did a search and checked the stickies, but didn't find it either. If I measure it from the front hairline I have to add at least 3 inches, so it seems correct that way.

Hotrox
December 27th, 2011, 03:04 AM
I'm 5'9" and waist falls at 31" on me.

Body twin :D

AcornMystic
December 27th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I am told I have a long torso, and I believe it because I get back problems while working. My lumbar aches like a female dog lol, trying to support the upper length of my back. My legs actually feel pretty stubby at times in comparison. Long legged gals ain't got nothin on us long torso folks. We look slimmer, humph. :P

Waist on me is 31'' and I am 5'4'' so basically a one inch shorter version of the OP

Loviatar
December 27th, 2011, 11:35 PM
I'm nearly 5 foot 11 and my hair will only be at waist when it reaches 36" I think. BSL on me is 27.5 and hip is around 42-44.