PDA

View Full Version : Permanent conditioner build up?

isabelx
November 21st, 2011, 11:35 AM
Is it possible to have permanent conditioner build up? I can't find any other reason for why my hair is so dry at the moment besides needing a trim, but I last trimmed in early October and really don't want to trim again so soon.

I don't use cones, but I do use huge amounts of conditioner, and use a wash-out conditioner as a leave in after.

I don't really want to use a harsh clarifying shampoo and then not use a conditioner after, but I really want to find the culprit before I trim I'm willing to try anything.

Do you think it's possible? should I clarify and lay off the conditioner for a bit?

spidermom
November 21st, 2011, 11:49 AM
I stopped using conditioner for a month. It was accidental; I kept thinking DD and I would get around to using Manic Panic in my hair, and it works better without conditioner. I noticed that it took a month before my hair stopped behaving as though it had conditioner on it. I've decided to cut way down on my conditioner use as a result. I used to do CWC and saturate my length with conditioner both times. Now I'm going to alternate CWC with S&C, and work a small amount of conditioner through my hair (1-2 pumps per use instead of 8-10). Since this is a new plan, it's going to take awhile before I see the long-term results.

Amber_Maiden
November 21st, 2011, 12:00 PM
I don't know. I recently clarified and my hair is as good as new. i just used a bit of moisturizing CO after... Maybe you should try it and see if it works? If it doesn't, then lay of the CO for a while?

isabelx
November 21st, 2011, 12:47 PM
That sounds a good idea spidermom, I usually CWC wash as well. Cutting down on conditioner use would save me tons of money as well :D

Amber_Maiden, I just clarified and used a small amount of conditioner, I hope it turns out well!

jacqueline101
November 21st, 2011, 12:52 PM
I clarify my hair and that normally does it.