PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a good chelating shampoo that I can get in the UK

Panth
November 21st, 2011, 12:48 AM
As it says in the title. Bonus points if it is simple enough that I could use it with the oil shampoo method without having to clarify afterwards. ^_^

I've moved to a hard water area. The kettle furs up with limescale in a week. I rinse after every wash with white wine vinegar but I'm thinking a proper chelation might be in order.

insomniac-uk
November 21st, 2011, 04:41 AM
Joico K-Pak Treatment Chelating Shampoo has good reviews on this board. You can get it online at fragrancedirect.co.uk its £10 for a 300ml bottle.

MandyBeth
November 21st, 2011, 09:00 AM
Club soda, followed by a fresh water rinse, works to some degree. Not sure how much, but if my ends are insane, I clarify, dump the club soda over, rinse with distilled, then SMT the mess. If the ends don't improve, it's time for a cut in my world.

Alaia
November 21st, 2011, 09:01 AM
If there's a Waitrose near you they usually have a good chelating shampoo... can't remember the brand... it was Something Organics. In a dark green bottle. It wasn't cheap though, at about £8 or £9.

lapushka
November 21st, 2011, 10:59 AM
If there's a Waitrose near you they usually have a good chelating shampoo... can't remember the brand... it was Something Organics. In a dark green bottle. It wasn't cheap though, at about £8 or £9.

Could it be Avalon Organics? I remember a certain clarifying shampoo of theirs, the lemon verbena, but not a chelating one.

jojo
November 21st, 2011, 03:00 PM
I use this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Joico-Chelating-Shampoo-Swimmers-bottle/dp/B000QTD3J0 though did get it cheaper from ebay plus I only use it when I go swimming, which hasnt been that often of late!

hototogisu
November 21st, 2011, 03:20 PM
I've been using Garnier Pure Shine. I quite like it as a weekly build up removing shampoo.

Masara
November 21st, 2011, 10:59 PM
I use Boot's own build up shampoo from their experts range.