PDA

View Full Version : Walmart has ketylo forks now??

sweetestpoison
November 20th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I was at wal-mart earlier today and couldn't help but look in the accessories aisle, when i saw it.. A ketylo fork at walmart! I couldn't believe my eyes. I am trying so hard to figure out who the makers of the fork are and whether or not it's any good, but i didn't look at the brand, just saw that it was a ketylo. It came in colors to match the hair so i'm gonna assume it's goody's brand but i can't find it on their site either. Anybody know anything of these?

young&reckless
November 20th, 2011, 10:10 PM
ketyeo is a hand crafted item from a site called www.treasuresfromthetree.com someone may be mass produceing a cheap copy of the style but do not be fooled, no way are these the loved and wonderful ketyeos you see members wearing here.

SimplyViki
November 20th, 2011, 10:16 PM
If it's Goody, it's not a Ketylo. It's Goody.

sweetestpoison
November 20th, 2011, 10:22 PM
i thought ketylo was a style, not a brand? :hmm:

krissykins
November 20th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Nope, Ketylo is the brand. The style would be considered corkscrew.

MandyBeth
November 20th, 2011, 11:25 PM
5 plastic wavy prongs, about 3" overall, curved to fit the head? I have one, it works for half ups, but full, my hair packs down too much, so it doesn't go in. Sturdier than a Ketylo for me, I snap Ketylos like mad. I don't get the love.

sweetestpoison
November 21st, 2011, 12:56 AM
Nope, Ketylo is the brand. The style would be considered corkscrew.

Thanks! i definitely didn't know that lol

5 plastic wavy prongs, about 3" overall, curved to fit the head? I have one, it works for half ups, but full, my hair packs down too much, so it doesn't go in. Sturdier than a Ketylo for me, I snap Ketylos like mad. I don't get the love.

Yeah! it didn't look too sturdy, i couldn't imagine 3'' being able to hold anybody with true long hair.

Kyla
November 21st, 2011, 01:52 AM
I also thought it was a style. :o

Now that I know the website, it's going to be really hard to stick to my budget.

sweetestpoison
November 21st, 2011, 12:15 PM
I also thought it was a style. :o

Now that I know the website, it's going to be really hard to stick to my budget.

It's so hard! i have racked up over 100 dollars in "i want items" and there's only like 3 of them! :(

MandyBeth
November 21st, 2011, 12:21 PM

Yeah! it didn't look too sturdy, i couldn't imagine 3'' being able to hold anybody with true long hair.
Yeah, I don't think it holds a lot. But it does hold a half up for me just fine for a day, and I've fallen asleep in it without it breaking. So it's sturdy enough.

I don't find Ketylos sturdy at ALL. Those suckers snap in 2 seconds on me. Dymondwood splits the layers apart (always does for me :( ), acrylic and normal wood snap at the start of the first wavy/corkscrew bit.

WaitingSoLong
November 21st, 2011, 02:18 PM
Wow MandyBeth, I have yet to break any ketylo, not even my softer wood ones, like my tiger maple or even the acrylic! I put some torque on them sometimes, too!

pepperminttea
November 21st, 2011, 02:42 PM
Wow MandyBeth, I have yet to break any ketylo, not even my softer wood ones, like my tiger maple or even the acrylic! I put some torque on them sometimes, too!

Ditto that! How tight are your buns MandyBeth?!

:eyebrows: :p

MandyBeth
November 21st, 2011, 03:26 PM
Ditto that! How tight are your buns MandyBeth?!

:eyebrows: :p
The ones I sit on are tighter from years of MMA work, teehee :)

It's that I've got the cat fine hair, and a lot of it, so it compacts down. Or why I've got a huge ponytail vs braid. I do even a loose twist, it packs together. Even if I do a twist loose enough that a GTS barely holds it together, the Ketylos snap. It's at the same point always, and I snapped an ebony Ketylo.

I've got PacMerch acrylics, including the glued together versions, and I can put some impressive torque on those without anything snapping. I put half that on a Ketylo, it pops.

katsrevenge
November 21st, 2011, 04:25 PM
Which point do you snap the Kelytos MandyBeth at? I've got the mostly fine hair too (other then my coarser and almost kinky-curly strands which are about a 1/4th to 1/3rd of what is on my head) and it packs nicely too.

I can pack mine down hard and I've never snapped a hair toy other then a claw clip type thing (springs fail) or those chinsy cheap plastic things like those snap backs and 'pony tail do-dads'. Those, my hair eats. It's the small teeth. Om nom, yummy small plastic teeth. Some metal barrettes have been killed by me too. I have too much in them and the bottoms pop out.

Maybe it's how you use them? I don't really put a lot of tension on hair sticks to get them in, just a tuck and weave. Even my homemade bamboo chopsticks do fine, if they do bend a bit after a while..but again.. I use those babies in damp hair so there is that.

ETA: I have that PacMerc guy on my FB feed. Love his work. Good to see it's sturdy!

MandyBeth
November 21st, 2011, 04:46 PM
Even weaving in and out with Ketylos, the first twist part will snap. It's right at the start of the twist. I don't put torque on them, they pop. Sigh.

My hair LOVES to eat toys.

Anywhere
November 21st, 2011, 09:19 PM

My hair is brushing TB and it can be held up by one 3" ravenslair pin. I guess I don't have "true" long hair. :confused:

Corkscrew forks by goody you say? in a size that fits my untrue long hair? I will have to stop by walmart sometime. hopefully the one by me has some. :p

CaityBear
November 21st, 2011, 09:49 PM
Haha, we learn something new every day...I didn't know Ketylo was a brand either..

sweetestpoison
November 23rd, 2011, 03:31 PM
Haha, we learn something new every day...I didn't know Ketylo was a brand either..

Crazy huh?

My hair is brushing TB and it can be held up by one 3" ravenslair pin. I guess I don't have "true" long hair. :confused:

Corkscrew forks by goody you say? in a size that fits my untrue long hair? I will have to stop by walmart sometime. hopefully the one by me has some. :p

Long hair in the fashion industry is what i consider to be medium length hair, you definitely have true long hair! Everybody's hair type is different though, i still have a lot to learn about hair toys & whatnot. I have just not seen anything shorter than four or so inches used for more than half up. I think it all depends on the hair & the tool but i'd say you're lucky because the smaller hair tools seem to always be cheaper ;)