PDA

View Full Version : How do you fix your hair before you put on your sleep cap?

Fairlight63
November 20th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I am wondering how do you all fix your hair before putting on your sleep cap?
I used to twist up my hair - like for a cinn. bun but without any hair pins in it, but as my hair is getting longer it isn't holding the curl right any more. The hair looks kind of weird & doesn't lay right. My hair also pulls the cap kittywapus.

If I put my hair in a low pony tail with a soft scrunchie & curl the ends under it stays put better. Also a braid works out Ok. But I would really like to be able to not tie up my hair - I worry about the hair tie causing damage after a while.

So what do you do with your hair?

Falcore
November 20th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I do a single braid and secure it with a hair band. I sort of loop the braid in an under tuck and secure my sleeping cap on (if that makes sense).

If you're worried about hair bands you could always use a hair ribbon for less damage?

Hope this helps :)

Kricket
November 20th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I've read about people doing sleeping braids and stuff, but I haven't started doing that much yet. From time to time I will, but right now I still sleep with mine loose. I guess it also helps that my hair has just finally reached waist length.

Hopefully I'll get some good suggestions off here. =)

gypsymoth
November 20th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I just wrap my hair with a satin cap (I do a sort of loose bun first, without an elastic) and then I just use a hair tie to secure it.

I don't know if my cap is too big or too small or what, but I can't manage to do it any other way. Maybe I just move around too much at night, because otherwise it ends up at the end of my bed. :rolleyes:

PlainLight
November 20th, 2011, 11:26 PM
I just keep mine in the same bun I wore during the day (a "cinnamon" bun I think, with an elastic in the middle and twisted around, with hairpins stuck in) and then pin on my night time veil with four bobby pins, two on top and two in the back. It's very comfortable for sleeping (for me, I sleep on my stomach - but I'm not sure you'd like it if you slept on your back) and usually stays well although my hair loves spitting out hairpins at night.

Here is my hair (messy after a long day at work, sorry!)
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn147/Phoenix51200/Snapshot_20111120_1.jpg

And the veil I wear at night. It works as a sort of sleep cap but it doesn't cover the front of my hair.
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn147/Phoenix51200/Snapshot_20111120_8.jpg

islandboo
November 21st, 2011, 06:34 PM
I just wrap the hair loosely around the extended fingers of my left hand (either straight or loosely braided but unsecured). I then place the cap against the back of my head (over the wrapped hair) with my right hand to hold the hair in place while I slide my hand out. I can then use my now-free left hand to pull the elastic edge of the cap into place around my head (and once it is basically on my head with the hair inside, I can let go with my right hand to help get it into place). Difficult to explain, easy to do.

jacqueline101
November 21st, 2011, 06:42 PM
I wear mine in a bun and place my sleeping cap on. The bun isn't as neat as the ones I wear in the daytime.