PDA

View Full Version : I want to thicken my curls

defineinsanity
November 20th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I've noticed that the main body of my hair is quite thick as i'd like but the ends are stringy/vecro-like and get dry easily, they are really really thin in comparison aswell... sometimes it can look quite nice with a fairy-tale end look but mostly they just look awful as they straighten out towards the ends.

I seek the advice of the almighty forum and ask... what can i do to make my end curls actually decent looking? :)

jaine
November 20th, 2011, 09:46 AM
I would just trim it if it were me.
If you run your hair over the ends, can your fingers feel where individual hairs end? That's my cue that I need a trim, if I can feel the individual ends. Freshly trimmed hair is very smooth all the way down to the tips.

ashleyrox
November 20th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I agree with jaine, it does sound as if a trim may be needed!

MissAlida
November 20th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I agree with the other posters...a trim might do the trick. I have curly hair, and the ends of my curls looked very thin. I started microtrimming, and they are getting nice and thick again, I can tell. A few more months, and they will look great. Don't cut very much, just a little bit every week or 2 weeks (couple of mm-ers).:)

Zydrate
November 20th, 2011, 10:15 AM
My hair is just the same :(. I think that trimming is, unfortunately, the only solution. And I have one question, would it be smart to trimm ends untill the end of this year, and then go without trimming whole 2012?

pepperminttea
November 20th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Before you touch the scissors - clarify, do a protein treatment, then do a moisture treatment. If that doesn't help, then a trim might be needed.

Amber_Maiden
November 20th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I'd trim if I were you.