PDA

View Full Version : Would a weekly deep treatment be to much do you think?

bunzfan
November 20th, 2011, 02:59 AM
As i plain on not trimming for another seven months to gain as much length as possible this worked great last time i am trying to up the conditioning, so if one week i did a deep treatment protein pack and the next a moisture deep treatment do you think it work work well or be to much? i also henna in case that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance :)

pepperminttea
November 20th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Personally I'd do the protein treatment directly before the moisture treatment, in the same wash, as they have a tendency to dry hair out so that would stop the problem before it started. :) I don't think once a week would be too much for me, my hair drinks in as much moisture as I give it, but I swim in a chlorinated pool once or twice a week so I'm always fighting against that - your hair might not need as much. Maybe experiment, see how your hair gets on. Depending on your routine and your wash frequency, your hair might well be quite happy with once a fortnight treatments.

bunzfan
November 20th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Personally I'd do the protein treatment directly before the moisture treatment, in the same wash, as they have a tendency to dry hair out so that would stop the problem before it started. :) I don't think once a week would be too much for me, my hair drinks in as much moisture as I give it, but I swim in a chlorinated pool once or twice a week so I'm always fighting against that - your hair might not need as much. Maybe experiment, see how your hair gets on. Depending on your routine and your wash frequency, your hair might well be quite happy with once a fortnight treatments.

Thank you i always follow up with a moisture treatment as everyone here says its a must, i think my hair loves moisture to it drinks handfuls of oil.

julliams
November 20th, 2011, 05:05 AM
I was doing two a week for a couple of months and I think it made a big difference to my hair. I say go for it. Edited to add that mine were just moisture treatments as protein doesn't work for my hair.

Jesabel
November 20th, 2011, 06:51 AM
After my next trim I'm going to be doing the exact same thing as you! About 6-7 months no trimming and a weekly moisture/oil treatment :) I think once a week sounds good but if it's too much I will go for once a fortnight or more if needed, just going to see what my hair likes!

tigereye
November 20th, 2011, 06:59 AM
I do a moisture treatment once a week. My hair doesn't like protein though. My hair was always so dry, and a weekly treatment really helps it. I do miss out the moisture treatment on henna weeks

Amber_Maiden
November 20th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I do moisture treatments once a week. I find it helps my hair A LOT. Sometimes I slack off though and don't do it for a few weeks, breaks are important.

isabelx
November 20th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I don't think weekly deep treatments would cause any harm no, just good :) just out of interest, what do y'all use as deep treatments?

einna
November 20th, 2011, 03:20 PM
For me it would be to much. But then again I wash my hair less than twice a week, and CO with a pretty moisturising conditioner, so I get lots of moisture in that way. your best bet will be just to experiment and find out. =)

gracenotes
November 20th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Frequent moisture treatments make a tremendous difference in the condition of my hair. It might be too much moisture for some people, but my hair is very thick and tends to be dry. It's in much better condition now that I'm SMTing. :cheese:

spidermom
November 20th, 2011, 04:06 PM
It could be. I recently quit using conditioner and discovered that I had a lot of conditioner build up on my hair. It took a month before my hair lost that slippery conditioned feeling. I'm using conditioner more sparingly now.

ktani
November 20th, 2011, 04:30 PM
It depends on how often you clarify or plan on clarifying as all such treatments and regular conditioners build-up. See how it goes.

kidari
November 27th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I've done it two to three times a week and my hair loved it. I found that it needs some kind of treatment at least once a week. Whenever I do a protein treatment, which is not too often, I do a clarifying shampoo, protein treatment, then a moisture treatment. Every time I read long hair care anywhere they always recommend a deep conditioning once or twice a week.

ETA: I use lots of cones in my routine and I do clarify at least 2x a month

jacqueline101
November 27th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I just started doing deep conditioning treatments and my hair loves it a lot.

missannie
November 29th, 2012, 10:46 PM
I CO wash only and use a deep coconut oil treatment once a week on my hair, it loves it and makes it softer and shinier.