PDA

View Full Version : I decided to brush out my dreads (w/ pictures)

DreadfulWoman
November 19th, 2011, 10:17 PM
So, as the title might suggest, I brushed out my dreads. Well, combed them out. I'm happy to report that we parted on very good terms - I'm just ready for something new hair-wise. I won't pretend for one second that finding LHC didn't have something to do with my decision. For one thing, seeing all the lovely hair here made me really miss my own. Also, reading through other people's trials and successes with their hair made me realize there might be hope yet for my funny fluffy hair to grow long and healthy.

I decided to brush them out rather than cut them off partly out of curiosity, and partly because I still want long hair and I didn't want to have to start over completely. I brushed out each dreadlock from the bottom up with a fine-toothed comb. It was tedious, but not especially difficult, and I'm very happy with the result.

Anyway, pictures:

My dreadlocks just before I started
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6644&pictureid=119397

And the finished product, after a trim
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6644&pictureid=119400

The very longest hairs were past classic before I trimmed them, but they were so thin they were transparent. I probably could've taken off a couple more inches than I did, but my big goal was to be left with at least waist length hair so I'm just going to maintain at this length until my ends thicken up. My natural texture is really blowing my mind right now. Apparently the hair that I always thought was just fluffy-straight is actually wavy if I leave it alone while it dries. Who knew?!

Questions welcome about the process or whatever. Bonus question for anyone who cares to answer: What would you call my wave pattern? 2b-ish?

coffinhert
November 19th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Wow, what an amazing transformation! I can't wait to see how your texture changes over time. I had two dreds that I combed out, and they were dry at first but with regular care/oiling/etc they became soft.

Can you describe your process? How long did it take? What kind of comb did you use? Did a friend help you? I can't imagine combing out that much dreds! It took me 2 weeks just to get out two four-inch dreds from my head.

Lostsoule77
November 19th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Your hair looks really good for just coming out of dreads! I'd say it looks 2b now, but I'd like to see what it turns into if you give it some moisture and loving care. It will probably get even wavier.

DreadfulWoman
November 19th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Wow, what an amazing transformation! I can't wait to see how your texture changes over time. I had two dreds that I combed out, and they were dry at first but with regular care/oiling/etc they became soft.

Can you describe your process? How long did it take? What kind of comb did you use? Did a friend help you? I can't imagine combing out that much dreds! It took me 2 weeks just to get out two four-inch dreds from my head.

It took about a month and a half's worth of most of my free time and weekends, and I did do it all myself. It got pretty tedious towards the end. I'm just glad it's something I'll only have to do once.

I used a regular plastic, very fine-tooth comb to work the dreads loose, and then used a wide-tooth comb to push the tangles down the already-combed-out hair. Kind of like I was teasing my hair backwards, if that makes sense.

McFearless
November 19th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Im sorry. I couldn't even read the thread. The title got me. How in hell is it possible to comb out dreads? Your hair must be made of steel! Wow! I can't even comb out my hair on any given day lol

eta: After picking my jaw up off the floor... Wow your hair is beautiful!

Cowgirl16
November 19th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Wow you have a lot of patience! I have to admit I really liked your dreads :)

Your hair looks great and I think it will get better in time. :flower:

bettylibertine
November 19th, 2011, 11:11 PM
That's amazing! It's great that you were still able to keep your long hair. :)

DreadfulWoman
November 19th, 2011, 11:23 PM
McFearless- Sadly my hair is made of anything but steel, and quite a few hairs were broken in the process, but I'm still really happy with what I have left.

Cowgirl16- Thank you. I really liked my dreads too, and I know I am going to miss them. But I had had them for a long time (8.5 years) and I was really missing my hair even more.

Lissandria
November 19th, 2011, 11:26 PM
I have heard of people semi-successfully at best combing their dreads into hair, but your hair looks AMAZING! :agape:
I can't even begin to imagine how much patience that took.
Your hair is just lovely "out" (although I did like the dreads, too) and I think your waves will come out more, just keep up the conditiner/oil.

Elph
November 20th, 2011, 01:21 AM
WOW and good luck. Your hair is great and will only get better.

longhairedlady
November 20th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Amazing! Cant wait to watch it grow!

Kyla
November 20th, 2011, 02:09 AM
Wow, I did not expect seeing such an awesome combed out hair pic! It looks awesome!

alyanna
November 20th, 2011, 02:23 AM
I'm impressed! Very nice-looking hair considering it just came out of dreads!

maria_asa
November 20th, 2011, 02:30 AM
I'm very impressed by your patience, I would have given up long before you. Your combed out hair looks great also. When I read the title I was expecting to see very dry, damaged hair in the after picture but that was so not the case here. Well done!

Violettwin
November 20th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Wow! thats really suprised me :) I'm glad you have had such a good result! x

Blond On Blond
November 20th, 2011, 02:46 AM
You are either lucky, or I was unlucky ;) When I combed out my dreads of almost 6 years (a loooong time ago), my hair was in such a bad condition I had to chop most of it off.

pepperminttea
November 20th, 2011, 03:08 AM
I have to ask; how long did this take? I'm guessing many, many hours. Your hair looks amazing considering, I bet with some moisture it'll be even wavier than 2b! :)

Moor_tu_lyfe
November 20th, 2011, 05:13 AM
I admit I wasn't expecting your hair to look so good! (Is there any better way to get everyones attention then to post pictures in your thread?:))

Congratulations on your new hair! I hope you have lots of fun together.

jasper
November 20th, 2011, 06:10 AM
So, did you work on one dread at a time as you undreaded? For a minutes I was imagining you working on all of them at once, and that mental picture just didn't fit. How did you wear your hair in the transition period?

jacqueline101
November 20th, 2011, 06:39 AM
I like the finished results. You're lucky you have hair and the patients to do it.

Rocket22
November 20th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Wow that is amazing!!! I didn't think it was possible to comb out dreads but then again I don't know anything about them. Your hair looks fantastic and I'm sure will just continue to get better everyday. Also you must have had buckets full of shed hair if you had them in for over 8 years? wow :)

taimatsuko
November 20th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Your hair looks amazing! You did a great job!

EleanorD
November 20th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I can't view the photos (yet), but I'm amazed you've managed to brush out such long dreads! A long time ago I tried having dreads and lasted 6 months before I decided it wasn't for me and it took about 6 hours to brush them out - and mine were only shoulder length! I've known others to brush out longer dreads, but nothing near waist length.
I can't wait to see the before & after!

Earelia
November 20th, 2011, 09:54 AM
WOW. That is a lot of dreads to comb... Your arms must have gotten sore! Your hair looks surprisingly good for just combing them out, a lot better than mine did. I think it's amazing how hair will just thicken up again in a few months time after a comb out.

You've got a lot of patience to get them to where they were and then to comb them out. Good luck with your new do. :D

jesis
November 20th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Wow I didn't even know that was possible :P very cool indeed.

PixxieStix
November 20th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Wow that is amazing! Congrats to you, and I give you major kudos for having the patience to work all those dreads out. Your hair looks lovely, I can't wait to see it a year from now with the kind of LHC TLC you'll be giving it, those waves are gonna rock! (Not that they don't already.)

ashleyrox
November 20th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Good luck to you in growing out your hair, I never knew dreads could me combed out!

PriscillaCherel
November 20th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Wow! that look amazing! good luck with growing your hair again!

lapushka
November 20th, 2011, 10:56 AM
You combed them out after having them for 8.5 years? Wow. That's amazing. :thumbsup:
I'm also going with at least 2b, maybe even 2c once you start giving it plenty of TLC.

Nae
November 20th, 2011, 11:11 AM
That is a fabulous result. Really great! I am super impressed. Wow.

Amiblue
November 20th, 2011, 11:21 AM
That does look very nice. Good Job!

As a question since a few here have had dreads, what is the attraction to them? Why did you or people in general get them? :confused:

blondie9912
November 20th, 2011, 11:33 AM
WOW, great work! How does your hair feel now? Is it damaged at all from the process?

You're lucky that you were able to get them out and keep your hair, I would have thought it's impossible

Amber_Maiden
November 20th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Wow! That must have taken forever- to get it all brushed out! Woah!!

DreadfulWoman
November 20th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Hey, thanks for all the support. It is much appreciated. I have to admit I wasn't sure what I'd be left with when I was done, whether I'd have a full head of hair or just fluff, so I'm pretty pleased with it. It feels so thin, but I think that's mostly because I'm not used to it yet. (My ponytail circumference is still 3 inches :))

I should mention that I never put anything like wax in my hair to make it dread, as many people do. I think that would have made brushing them out much more difficult, maybe even impossible.

The quality of the hair itself feels pretty good. Being bound up in dreads all that time has given it kind of a crimpy texture, but that's been falling out over time. The ends are pretty dry, and I've been going on some major S&D missions to remove splits and fairy knots, but otherwise there haven't been any serious condition issues.

It did take a crazy amount of time and patience but I figure it took 8 1/2 years to grow them, and it would have taken quite a few years to grow my hair back if I cut them off, so what's a month and a half of combing, really. I am very glad, though, that it's something I'll only have to do once.

So, did you work on one dread at a time as you undreaded? For a minutes I was imagining you working on all of them at once, and that mental picture just didn't fit. How did you wear your hair in the transition period?

I did just work on one at a time. I started at my front hairline and worked my way back, keeping the loose hair and remaining dreads bunned separately while I worked on it. I just bunned them altogether if I had to go anywhere. Once I was about halfway done the loose hair covered my dreads almost completely, so it just looked like I had massive hair for a while.

spidermom
November 20th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Wow - good job! Give us a freshly washed and conditioned, then air dried picture in a couple of weeks. I think we'll be able to tell type better then.

O.k. - and I know this is kind of weird, but I just have to tell you what a strong sender you are. I started thinking about you combing out your dreads without seeing this post sometime yesterday. It was like a fantasy I was running in my mind.

SilvraShadows
November 20th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Your dreaded hair was beautiful... and your new hair is too!

I am amazed and impressed at how you did this, I always thought dreads had to be cut away. Your hair must be so strong and you must have been so patient!

Did you comb it out while it was dry, or did you use a bit of conditioner to help?

Yozhik
November 20th, 2011, 03:04 PM
What a massive undertaking! Your hair looks great, though.

Great job! :thumbsup:

julliams
November 20th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Both look great but I think it's amazing that you were able to salvage the length so well. I would think that some intensive bi-weekly moisture treatments over the next few months will give it even more wave. I'm a wavy that thought her hair was fluffy all her life also. It's great to find out the reality and make peace with your hair.

FrozenBritannia
November 20th, 2011, 06:34 PM
That's amazing!!! I'm sure it will take some getting used to. :) Did you ever have a point where you wondered whether it was worth it, or wanted to re-dread the ones you took out? (does that make sense? The ' oh crap' moment?)

jojo
November 20th, 2011, 06:51 PM
I didnt know this was even possible! your hair looks great wow!

SoulOfTheSea
November 20th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Like everyone before me has said, you have great patience to do that! Congratulations on your success, it looks great! And I do have to say 2b as well, as seen from the waves on your top portion of your hair which remind me of some of my wavier days. :)

RedheadMistress
November 20th, 2011, 07:11 PM
- Oh wow your hair is much nicer than mine was when I brushed my dreads out ! I was expecting worse, awh . I love dreads and they were beautiful but yeah I know the wanting of change, that's why I stopped dreading my hair years ago . . so now I just put in synthetic ones and take them out when I get tired of dreads .

Don't know much about hair classification but yeah looks good, too bad you lost some length but it's still Looong . ^^

RedheadMistress
November 20th, 2011, 07:12 PM
You are either lucky, or I was unlucky ;) When I combed out my dreads of almost 6 years (a loooong time ago), my hair was in such a bad condition I had to chop most of it off.

- Same here :(

truepeacenik
November 20th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Baby that hair. I combed out seven two-foot long, three year old dreads in a loooong evening, and seven years later they are still a weak area.

Also, they try so hard to come back.

CaityBear
November 20th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I didn't even know you could comb out dreads...I thought the only way to get rid of them was to cut them off...

Anyway, your hair is gorgeous! It seems to have fared well after the combing out.

starshade
November 20th, 2011, 07:34 PM
I'm so glad you were able to keep most of the length of your hair, and that it still looks good. I'm sure it will just get better and better.

ktani
November 20th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I have seen dreads taken out before, on Youtube. I knew it was possible.

You did an amazing job however and you did not lose that much hair either, from the look of it.

As I understand it, a lot of the lost hair is not so much from breakage as hair that would have come out in any case but is caught in the dreads instead.

Your hair looks great and it appears you have more of a growth taper than a damage one. That is the result of your patience and you should in my opinion be very proud of the job you have done in removing them.

jeanniet
November 20th, 2011, 07:57 PM
You did a really good job combing out all those (beautiful) dreads. Way more patience than I would have, and it shows! :)

DreadfulWoman
November 20th, 2011, 08:41 PM
O.k. - and I know this is kind of weird, but I just have to tell you what a strong sender you are. I started thinking about you combing out your dreads without seeing this post sometime yesterday. It was like a fantasy I was running in my mind.

Probably right as I was going through the pictures for the first time, deciding which to use. How strange.

Did you comb it out while it was dry, or did you use a bit of conditioner to help?

I mostly combed it out dry. I worked on it a few times while it was damp. It was nice because it made the hair lay flat as it was combed out, but I could tell I had a lot more breakage the wetter my hair was.

Conditioner turned out to be somewhat disastrous. I made the mistake of conditioning my dreads once early on, and tried to rinse it out completely, but there ended up being just enough conditioner stuck in the dreadlock I was working on afterwards to gunk up the hair and make it stick together. I ended up having to rinse it out again and wait for the dread to dry before I could keep working on it. I mostly did a lot of ACV rinses to the still-dreaded parts while I worked on it, and that seemed to help a lot. I also did a lot of cold water rinses. I figured anything that would help the cuticle lay flatter against the hair shaft would probably make it easier to detangle. :shrug: Couldn't hurt, anyway.

That's amazing!!! I'm sure it will take some getting used to. Did you ever have a point where you wondered whether it was worth it, or wanted to re-dread the ones you took out? (does that make sense? The ' oh crap' moment?)

There was kind of a weird moment when I had maybe 7 or 8 done and I realized there was absolutely no turning back, but I don't regret it at all. I've wanted to do this for a while. I was very tempted however to cut off the last few remaining just because I was sick of combing, but I stuck it out until the bitter end after all.

MandyBeth
November 20th, 2011, 08:50 PM
DH brushed/combed his out earlier this year. Post, a good soak in warm coconut oil and a Tangle Teezer made the newly loose hair happy.

xovictoryxo
November 20th, 2011, 08:54 PM
wow! thats just amazing and didnt know it was possible! brushed out 8 years of dreads! your hair is in great shape. happy growing :)

candycandace
November 20th, 2011, 09:08 PM
My best friend had dreads a few years ago and ended up cutting hers off and is still gorwing her hair back out. I just showed her your results and she is now fuming with regret :lol:. Anyways, you did a great job combing them out. I never even knew that was possible. :)

spidermom
November 20th, 2011, 09:21 PM
I can imagine how good it must feel to be able to comb/brush through your hair now.

chelshireling
November 20th, 2011, 09:37 PM
This is really incredable. You should really be proud of the patience it took to bruch them all out and keep your hair looking so lovely. Im in awe:O

Kiwiwi
November 21st, 2011, 01:51 AM
Wow! Simply amazing! I knew it was possible but your dreads were so loooong and 8 years old, wow!
I wonder two things; did it feel amazing to be able to go through your hair again with your fingers? To be able to just go over your scalp without the dreads getting in the way? ^_^ I've had fake dreads and I've had mini braids multiple times. But always for just about a month. And I would loooove that feeling once I got them out. I can't imagine after so many years :-)

Also. How much hair did you comb out of there?!?!?! 8 years worth of shed bundled up in those dreads, right? Would be cool if you saved it all. Not forever :-p But just to see how much hair came out.

Enjoy your hair!
What do people say about it (friends, family, etc)? :-)

*Seraphina*
November 21st, 2011, 02:51 AM
Your hair looks great! I like it :)

mrs_coffee
November 21st, 2011, 04:41 AM
Your hair is beautiful. I cannot imagine combing out dreads. You must have the patience of Job.

Milui Elenath
November 21st, 2011, 05:04 AM
:thud: Wow! I couldn't visualise at all until I clicked the thread.

and I admire your patience. I untangle/restore dolls (and pony's) hair for fun sometimes so I have some idea of how much patience it takes. More so I would think when it's your own! :) I am happy that you were able to save some of your length.

kamikaze hair
November 21st, 2011, 08:40 AM
I really loved your dreads, but your 'new' hair looks awesome as well. WELL DONE!!! (you must have incredible patience! :D)

FrozenBritannia
November 21st, 2011, 09:00 AM
There was kind of a weird moment when I had maybe 7 or 8 done and I realized there was absolutely no turning back, but I don't regret it at all. I've wanted to do this for a while. I was very tempted however to cut off the last few remaining just because I was sick of combing, but I stuck it out until the bitter end after all.

:D I'm glad you did! It looks very nice!!

lillikins
November 21st, 2011, 09:17 AM
Your hair is beautiful. :o

Can I ask how long it took to comb them out?

2011blue
November 21st, 2011, 10:28 AM
Great Job, it took some time great Patience.

Mannaz
November 21st, 2011, 11:48 AM
Wow your dreads were awesome! But so is the straight hair, that's a really good start to start maintaining and pamper your hair..

I used a needle when I brushed out my dreads, it took a couple of weeks and mine weren't nearly as long as yours we're, my dreads tend to get very tight.

Now I have one dread at the back of the head (you can see it on the siggy pic), and I intend to keep just the one!

Have great fun with your new hair!

sugarpixie10988
November 21st, 2011, 12:57 PM
Wow, I'm impressed! If I did the same thing I'd probably have to shave my head. :p You have a lot of patience!

Lilli
November 21st, 2011, 02:17 PM
I dreamed last night that my friend's boyfriend cut off his knee-length dreads. God love you for combing them out.

kaiakai
November 21st, 2011, 02:23 PM
I wish I could see the pictures but I don't have enough posts yet, I guess! I miss my dreads sometimes and then seriously consider dreading again. Both times I had to cut them off (they were waaaay too tight to comb out), and that is the ONE thing that keeps me from doing it again: I cannot stand having short hair!

I think my new henna addiction is also helping me to keep from dreading it again. Oh, and running my fingers through my hair.

Sorry for babbling.. I think I have had too much maté today :D

kaiakai
November 21st, 2011, 02:24 PM
...or.... after reading some more of the thread... maybe it would have been possible to comb them out. I watched a friend comb hers out recently and I just don't think I would have had the patience for it.
I also got to enjoy a mohawk for a day, LOL!

newbeginning
November 21st, 2011, 04:19 PM
Your hair looks pretty both ways. Happy growing.

DreadfulWoman
November 21st, 2011, 06:16 PM
DH brushed/combed his out earlier this year. Post, a good soak in warm coconut oil and a Tangle Teezer made the newly loose hair happy.

Wow, I bet his were trickier to take out than mine were. Seems like I remember you mentioning somewhere before that he has some very curly hair. I was actually going to say I wasn't sure if it would have even been possible to do with curlier hair, but I guess it is.

Oh, and I am so glad I had the foresight to get a tangle teezer before I even started. I have been greatly enjoying it (not to mention, seriously putting it to the test).

I can imagine how good it must feel to be able to comb/brush through your hair now.

Wow! Simply amazing! I knew it was possible but your dreads were so loooong and 8 years old, wow!
I wonder two things; did it feel amazing to be able to go through your hair again with your fingers? To be able to just go over your scalp without the dreads getting in the way? ^_^ I've had fake dreads and I've had mini braids multiple times. But always for just about a month. And I would loooove that feeling once I got them out. I can't imagine after so many years :-)

Also. How much hair did you comb out of there?!?!?! 8 years worth of shed bundled up in those dreads, right? Would be cool if you saved it all. Not forever :-p But just to see how much hair came out.

Enjoy your hair!
What do people say about it (friends, family, etc)? :-)

Being able to run my fingers through my hair is absolutely the craziest feeling ever. It didn't really bother me that I couldn't before, but it really does give me a bit of a thrill now that I can.

OMG, so much hair came out. I threw it away as I went because I didn't even want to know how much was really in there.

Everyone seems to like it ok, I guess. My mom was very tactfully thrilled to tears. And DBF was dubious about the whole thing at first since he really liked my dreads, but he likes my new hair, too.

Can I ask how long it took to comb them out?

It took a month and a half, but I couldn't tell you how many hours.

I used a needle when I brushed out my dreads, it took a couple of weeks and mine weren't nearly as long as yours we're, my dreads tend to get very tight.

I forgot to mention, I actually did use a double pointed knitting needle to loosen up some of the tighter dreads. It helped a lot.

girlcat36
November 21st, 2011, 07:13 PM
What a massive undertaking! I'm so impressed.

I will miss your thudworthy dreads. I really liked them, but I understand it's probably time for a change. :)

Strangely, DreadfulWoman was running through my brain too over the past couple weeks.

patienceneeded
November 21st, 2011, 07:15 PM
Wow. Very impressive! I would never have that much patience (hence my user name). Your hair looks great!

EdG
November 21st, 2011, 07:16 PM
That's very impressive. I didn't know that dreads could be un-dreaded.
Ed

DreadfulWoman
November 22nd, 2011, 07:45 AM
That's very impressive. I didn't know that dreads could be un-dreaded.
Ed

I didn't either, to tell you the truth. But I wasn't looking forward to shaving them off, so I figured it was worth a shot.

Phalaenopsis
November 22nd, 2011, 08:16 AM
I love this! Great pictures. A friend in high school also had dreads and combed them out, turned out that she had pretty loose curls. They weren't as long as yours though, must 've been a hell of chore to do.

Very pretty!

princessp
November 22nd, 2011, 11:17 AM
I am also really impressed that you could brush them out-wow! I have been a (somewhat silent) cheerleader for you since I joined. I loved your dreads DreadfulWoman, but I completely understand your need for a change. Your hair is so lovely both ways and I can't wait to see what is next for your hair. Congratulations on the change.

justgreen
November 22nd, 2011, 11:46 AM
I've never really 'gotten' the whole dread love thing, but I'm loving your hair combed out! You will have some seriously thick hair soon!

Bad thing is, now your user name doesn't fit your hair. :silly:

DreadfulWoman
November 24th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I am also really impressed that you could brush them out-wow! I have been a (somewhat silent) cheerleader for you since I joined. I loved your dreads DreadfulWoman, but I completely understand your need for a change. Your hair is so lovely both ways and I can't wait to see what is next for your hair. Congratulations on the change.

Thanks. I really appreciate the support. Part of me does feel that I'm letting down some of my cheerleaders, silent or otherwise, both here and in real life. But at the end of the day, when it comes to hair at least, we all just have to do what makes us happy. And I am very happy with my new hair. I know I made the right decision about it because I still haven't regretted it for a single second.

I've never really 'gotten' the whole dread love thing, but I'm loving your hair combed out! You will have some seriously thick hair soon!

Bad thing is, now your user name doesn't fit your hair.

I had thought about that, about my username not really fitting now, and for a while I was really kicking myself for choosing that username in the first place. But I figure if there's one really unique thing that I have to offer this community it's the knowledge I've gained over the years about acquiring, maintaining, and now removing dreadlocks, so hopefully my username will serve as a reminder to everyone that I am always here to help them with their dreadlock endeavors in any way I can. :heart:

kaiakai
November 24th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Ahh, now I am able to see the pictures! Wow!

Ice~Cold~Wind
November 26th, 2011, 08:40 AM
That's amazing. As most have said, I would not have the patience for such a thing. I'm not very patient just detangling my normal tangles. xD

Henrietta
November 26th, 2011, 09:10 AM
A month and a half of such work! You must be very determined. Congratulations on your success. I had no idea that dreadlocks can be combed out. Your success probably changes the world, in terms of giving hope for many people who don't want to cut their hair to get rid of dreadlocks! :)
And honesty, your hair looks very, very good, objectively. The ends are something you can fix with time. With the rest you can achieve almost immediate results with oils and other products, but anyway to me it doesn't look like your hair needs a very intensive treatment. It's all ok :)

Vanilla
November 28th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Wow, just wow.

Like many others, I had no idea dreadlocks could be combed out. Your hair looks great :).

I'm looking forward to how your hair progresses in the next few months being dreadlock free.

pink.sara
February 8th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Wow! Your hair looks great :)

I can't believe you managed to save that much hair! It took me 2 weeks to pick one single dread from knee to shoulder, then I gave in and cut it all off!

Nice wave pattern too, it'll be interesting to see how it develops.

Keller1128
February 8th, 2012, 09:04 PM
What method did you use to form your dreads? I somehow got caught up in youtube videos the other day on how to form and remove dreadlocks. I would like to have them someday but I know I can't because I wouldn't be able to find a job! Another question: where did you work that allowed you to have dreads?