PDA

View Full Version : Moisture or oil treatment?

Beaglebuddy
November 19th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I did a cassia treatment with 3 forkfuls of henna in it on Thursday. I did it on oiled hair. I know a lot of people say you shouldn't, it should be done on clean hair. But my hair is so dry I need to put oil on first. I also added oil and conditioner to my mix. I did not do a deep conditioning treatment afterwords. Stupid I know, but last winter I did plain cassia treatments this way and it worked out good. I think my hair was more moisturized then.
I think I have been overdosing on cassia and Lush Henna the past few months. I have been doing one or the other once a month.
Anyways, my hair is bonedry today.
I want to put something on my hair tonight so I thought either Neutrogena Triple Moisture Mask , Biolage Conditioning Balm(neither of these weigh my hair down too much) or Olive oil treatment. (No SMTs as this actually weighed my hair down too much and even though it is so dry now, it is still possible for it to be flat and icky.)
I just would like to know out of the ones I mentioned, which would yous choose?

ktani
November 19th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I did a cassia treatment with 3 forkfuls of henna in it on Thursday. I did it on oiled hair. I know a lot of people say you shouldn't, it should be done on clean hair. But my hair is so dry I need to put oil on first. I also added oil and conditioner to my mix. I did not do a deep conditioning treatment afterwords. Stupid I know, but last winter I did plain cassia treatments this way and it worked out good. I think my hair was more moisturized then.
I think I have been overdosing on cassia and Lush Henna the past few months. I have been doing one or the other once a month.
Anyways, my hair is bonedry today.
I want to put something on my hair tonight so I thought either Neutrogena Triple Moisture Mask , Biolage Conditioning Balm(neither of these weigh my hair down too much) or Olive oil treatment. (No SMTs as this actually weighed my hair down too much and even though it is so dry now, it is still possible for it to be flat and icky.)
I just would like to know out of the ones I mentioned, which would yous choose?

Both cassia and henna contain resin and mucilage which washes out beween use.

If you have been overdoing one or both you have build-up on your hair.

In addition, you have been conditioning. Add any build-up ingredients in any shampoo or styling aids, and you have a lot of barriers to moisture (water) going on.

I would go with a simple oil.

Beaglebuddy
November 19th, 2011, 04:29 PM
thank you ktani, i will try the oil.

Just another question, what about clarifying, would that get this build up off?

ktani
November 19th, 2011, 04:33 PM
thank you ktani, i will try the oil.

You are very welcome.

My answer was partly based on a cassia treatment gone bad by a member here, who used too much and had a scalp reaction as well.

Her conditioner did not work for her for a good while after the treatment. Nothing much did and she was frantic.

Eventually the treatment started to wash out and all was fine.