PDA

View Full Version : So confused :( hair is awkward...

DarkBeauty
November 19th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Hair has been shedding like crazy for 4 months, it has thinned slightly, not as thick as it was, but it isn't crazily thin either. Been to the doctors, and there is nothing wrong with me everything is normal, i eat healthy and excercise. Although i was anemic back 3 months ago, but since then it has been fixed. Just got my split ends trimmed yesterday and well... it doesn't even look like i've been to the hairdressers. My ends still have that ropey/stringy look and it doesnt feel as soft as it usually does when i've been for a trim. I regret hair dye very much as this has probably contributed to the split ends and dryness. I'm unsure if she didn't cut enough off, as my split ends well i've left them for too long so it's my own fault. I'm contemplating to cut it to shoulder and start again, then use my extentions as a replacement. It just feels horrible not being able to have the thickness i used to, and now my split ends are causing me hassle, and is effecting my overall hair growth :( and the shedding saddens me, i don't even know why i'm going through so much shed, want my old hair back :(

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried cocnut oil when it's damp/dry on the ends but i don't notice any difference. It's like my hair is unable to absorb anything and just remains a dry mess...

amantha
November 19th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I've been struggling with iron deficiency (although not anemic yet but symptoms are still the same) and my hair has been thinning as well. Someone on here pointed out that it takes at least 3 months for problems in your body to show up in your hair. The same goes for if you fixed those problems. So the fact that your anemia was cleared up only 3 months ago is probably why your hair hasn't started to grow in thicker yet. I've been having problems with my ends too. I don't have much advice on that other than to S&D regularly. I also switched to a high protein, SLS-free and cone-free shampoo and conditioner, but added a coney leave-in and that seems to have mostly cleared up the dryness in them.

But yeah, don't lose hope! Your hair will probably start growing in thicker within a few months. Just make sure to keep up with your iron. :)

shikara
November 19th, 2011, 01:57 PM
I agree with amantha about the consequences coming later. Other methods you can incorporate are:

Dampen ends at night and secure them in a large roller/bun/scarf when you sleep
Use a rinse after shampoo/condish (ACV or lemon juice - maybe try both to see which one works the best)
When oiling hair, wrap a warm wettish towel around your head/hair for fifteen minutes with a shower cap on top, then rewet with very warm water again and apply cap again for fifteen minutes. Wash as usual. Yoy mig need to wash twice.

Essential oils such as rosemary are said to stimulate hair growth. Dont give up with that because apparently it can take up to seven months to really start seeing results.

Good luck to you!

WaterMusic
November 19th, 2011, 02:37 PM
It could be too much protein. Check your products and see if they contain protein. I can't use any at all, or my hair feels dry, tangly, and brittle.

Hollyfire3
November 19th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Like the post before mine, too much protien might be the issue. My usually thick, curly hair went missing in a matter of weeks after too much protein, i am a firm believer than protein overload can effect all hair types. Try a moisture mask, what have you got to lose? I have waited nearly 3 weeks of pure moisture and my hair is just now coming back. Don't loose hope, whatever the problem is, I'm sure it is is fixable.