PDA

View Full Version : I need up hair styles for apl hair

jacqueline101
November 19th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I need help in finding hair styles for my apl hair. My hair has a taper hem line. It is some what of a challenge to style. I don't use stiffening agents or heated appliances. If you need to you can look at my photo album.

Madora
November 19th, 2011, 12:59 PM
The Hairstyling section (click on Articles in the Grey Menu Bar, above) has instructions for the Gibson Tuck and the French Twist, which look like they might work with your hair.

Vanilla
November 19th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I have APL hair. I often do the French twist, the cinnabun, and I'm barely just able to do the lazy wrap bun. I looked at the articles section here for tutorials.

I will be sure to try the Gibson tuck and see how it looks.

racrane
November 19th, 2011, 01:22 PM
I love the cinnabun, french twist and gibson tuck. I really like all of them. I have layers and my longest is at APL so I think you should be able to do them too. I like to add accent braids to them to "pretty" them up. I love using spin pins to keep the styles in place, they really work!

torrilin
November 19th, 2011, 09:13 PM
A big factor in what styles work at what length is your hair's thickness. My ponytail measures about 2.5-3", so I'm solidly in the ii category. A i would be someone whose ponytail measures under 2", and a iii measures more than 4". For me a cinnabun is one of the first actual buns to work, and that kicks in somewhere between shoulder and APL. When my hair is quite short, I tend to wear French braids the most, because French braids don't need as much length as many other braids. Someone with i thickness would be able to do most styles sooner than me, and someone with iii thickness might need an extra foot of hair to do the same style as me.

Another factor is your hair's curl, or lack of curl. My hair is 1c, but it's a fine, slippery 1c. For me, French twists don't work until my hair is quite long, because my hair is just too slippery. I also need to have fairy tail ends. Blunt ends don't tuck in as well, and that's a real problem in a French Twist.

And the last big factor I can think of is your torso length. I'm 5'6", but my legs are really short. So on me, APL is something like 24", and waist measures 32". Classic is around 42" on me by the tape measure. Some of our shorter members have 24" as a long BSL, and my classic might be nearer to their fingertip! So while I think measuring your length can lead to some massive crazy... doing at least a rough set of measures so you know where APL/BSL etc fall on you is helpful.