PDA

View Full Version : Who can grow long hair?

Hollyfire3
November 19th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Just wondering, is it possible for a curly/ tight wavy haired girl to grow waist length hair? I read somewhere that people with wavy hair or curly hair cannot grow it long? I am now worried if i will be able to. Also, how long should it take?

shikara
November 19th, 2011, 12:16 PM
I dont see why you coudnt. I remember seeing a picture of Diana Ross with crazy long hair - it was a beautiful sight to see!

Vani1902
November 19th, 2011, 12:18 PM
tightlycurly.com People with curly hair can grow it long. Curly hair tends to shrink so it seems like its not growing as fast, but it is. Don't worry. Just take good care of it and eat properly.

isabelx
I'm interested in this also, unfortunately I don't have an answer for you. My hair isn't as curly as yours, but none of my female relatives going back to my great grandmother have ever had long hair. Whether this is due to them always trimming or not I don't know, it just seems odd than none of them have ever had long hair. It does make me worry.

Keeping an eye on this thread :)

shikara
Oh yeah, it'll tale longer though and when it finally reaches waist and you tug it down it will be much longer than that. Your hair might need special gentle handling??

Hollyfire3
November 19th, 2011, 12:22 PM
In case anyone is wondering, my hair idol is Holly Marie Combs, she inspires me to grow my hai long. I have no patience and am obssesed with my hair, so i just want to know my hard work will NOT be for nothing.

Oh yeah, it'll tale longer though and when it finally reaches waist and you tug it down it will be much longer than that. Your hair might need special gentle handling??

oh, its pretty thick and not too fragile, this is the type of hair that i air dry and it looks bsl length and is really mid-back. The curls are not too tight, but tangly enough to be a pain. i need major tips on how to care for curly hair.

oh, its pretty thick and not too fragile, this is the type of hair that i air dry and it looks bsl length and is really mid-back. The curls are not too tight, but tangly enough to be a pain. i need major tips on how to care for curly hair.

lol by pretty thick i mean very much so.

Amber_Maiden
November 19th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I have wavy hair, and have curly haired friends, and we all have long hair.

Madora
November 19th, 2011, 12:48 PM
In case anyone is wondering, my hair idol is Holly Marie Combs, she inspires me to grow my hai long. I have no patience and am obssesed with my hair, so i just want to know my hard work will NOT be for nothing.

If you are a curly, you're going to need a bucketload of patience to grow long hair. The very nature of your hair means that you're going to need to be very careful how you care for it.

Long hair is gained only thru patience and gentle handling.

Hollyfire3
November 19th, 2011, 12:58 PM
If you are a curly, you're going to need a bucketload of patience to grow long hair. The very nature of your hair means that you're going to need to be very careful how you care for it.

Long hair is gained only thru patience and gentle handling.

ahh thanks, thats why i joined here, i wish i could post a pic for better help, but i don't know how to.

Madora
November 19th, 2011, 01:06 PM
ahh thanks, thats why i joined here, i wish i could post a pic for better help, but i don't know how to.

You're welcome, Hollyfire.

LHC member Carrie Ingalls has lovely very long hair that is curly and so does her sister.

You might also like to chat with GRU who has some seriously beautiful curls.

Long (waist or longer) curly hair is a labor of love. I'm sure many of the curlies here have plenty of tips on how to care for your curls. Good luck and happy growing.

Hollyfire3
November 19th, 2011, 01:16 PM
You're welcome, Hollyfire.

LHC member Carrie Ingalls has lovely very long hair that is curly and so does her sister.

You might also like to chat with GRU who has some seriously beautiful curls.

Long (waist or longer) curly hair is a labor of love. I'm sure many of the curlies here have plenty of tips on how to care for your curls. Good luck and happy growing.

I haev always wanted long long long hair that is healthy,thick and beautiful, now i am making my dreams come true! Have you ever seen Piper on Charmed when she has curly, long hair? It is stunning. And, how do i find specidic people who would know about curly hair on here?

Fairytale
November 19th, 2011, 01:21 PM
If you still need some more reassurance and inspiration in terms of curly hair growing long,

there are some Youtube videos you should watch called Shima Hair.

she gives good hair tips for very curly hair and also many videos reasurring women that they too can grow beautiful long hair.

Hollyfire3
November 19th, 2011, 01:24 PM
If you still need some more reassurance and inspiration in terms of curly hair growing long,

there are some Youtube videos you should watch called Shima Hair.

she gives good hair tips for very curly hair and also many videos reasurring women that they too can grow beautiful long hair.

lol her hair IS pretty, but, the african american tips would not work for me because I'm white lol, I'm sure i can get something from it to help me.

Avital88
November 19th, 2011, 01:43 PM
ive seen many tight curlies with waist or hiplength hair..so i think you can do it.. my daughter is a 3c, her hair is bsl while wet and shoulder when dry, i'm growing out her hair already, she is only 3.. hopefully to avoid the trouble of growing when she gets older

dulce
November 19th, 2011, 02:40 PM
I just grew my curly,spiraled hair to my waist in 3 years and I'm 59!!Because
the curls mask the growth,you have to be patient.The longer it gets ,the more the length and hair weight pull the curls down and you will see the growth more .

MountainGypsy
November 19th, 2011, 03:01 PM
It can be done, it just takes patience. And it will always look shorter than it really is! You are in the right place for support and tips on reaching your goal, there are many beautiful long curly heads of hair here!

Hollyfire3
November 19th, 2011, 03:03 PM
It can be done, it just takes patience. And it will always look shorter than it really is! You are in the right place for support and tips on reaching your goal, there are many beautiful long curly heads of hair here!

Thanks everyone for support! I am really looking foward to seeing my hair when it is waist length or longer! any pics of curly/ wavy thick waist length hair? Just to see what it looks like?

MountainGypsy
November 19th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks everyone for support! I am really looking foward to seeing my hair when it is waist length or longer! any pics of curly/ wavy thick waist length hair? Just to see what it looks like?

Here is waist when stretched. Hair just after henna no product.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/MountainGypsy/IMG_3350-1.jpg

Quixii
November 19th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Absolutely! :D It just takes a little longer for it to look long because the curls like to steal length. But it's definitely possible. :)

ETA: See my album for curly TB - classic length shots.

Hollyfire3
November 19th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Here is waist when stretched. Hair just after henna no product.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/MountainGypsy/IMG_3350-1.jpg

Oh WOW Beautiful curls! My hair is like 3 inches shorter than that, i didn't know waist length was so easy. Lol i LOVE your hair!

torrilin
November 19th, 2011, 08:53 PM
One of my good friends has curly hair in the waist/hip range. I'd guess she's somewhere in the 3b/3c range.

My sister in law is a 2b/2c (we think), and her hair is quite content to grow to around hip length. We're not positive on her curl type yet since she's been treating her hair as quite straight, and the more her hair gets moisture, the happier and wavier it seems to get. Eventually things should stabilize so her type is a little clearer.

And there are a bunch of members here who have curly hair that's waist length or longer. For the folks I know IRL, I'm giving the length worn curly... for the forums, I'd tend to say it's better to give the wet length, because curly hair can hide a lot of length. Recently one of the curlier LHC members posted a thread about reaching shoulder curly. Her hair is *so* curly and springy that it's waist length when wet and stretched out. Definitely don't go by the worn curly pictures.

CurlyCap
November 19th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Absolutely. It just takes a lot of patience because the curls hide the length. The largest imposition will be your frustration with it's lack of growth, and temptation to do something drastic to get some satisfaction.

I"m growing my hair back out. Consider yourself to have a buddy on the journey!

honeydippedxo
November 20th, 2011, 11:49 AM
I have wavy hair and my hair grows at least to tailbone quite easily and my sister has 3b/3c curlyy hair and her hair grows way longer and faster than mine does. Right now her hair is at hip naturally, stretched or straightened she'd probably be a little past tailbone. So that's total B.S that people with wavy or curly hair can't grow it out long.

Nordlilja
November 20th, 2011, 12:01 PM
My hair is 3b, and looks like BSL or maybe midback. When stretched it reaches "can I call this waist?". Treat your hair with a little extra care, and it will grow. I brush my hair daily, a thing you normally don't do when curly, and keep it up, normay in a braided bun. If I leave it down, it tangles like crazy. So, brushing and updos work for me. If I manage to create an updo without brushing, it is a tangled mess when I take it down.

VONNiiE
January 3rd, 2012, 01:20 AM
YES WE CAN :D I use to have tight ringlet hip length hair a few years ago, however, I've since cut it to shoulder length and it has now grown to waist length!
It was/is both hip length and waist length when I straightened it though... but still!! :)

YOU CAN DO IT!! ;)

Hollyfire3
January 3rd, 2012, 03:06 PM
YES WE CAN :D I use to have tight ringlet hip length hair a few years ago, however, I've since cut it to shoulder length and it has now grown to waist length!
It was/is both hip length and waist length when I straightened it though... but still!! :)

YOU CAN DO IT!! ;)

Aww thanks for the inspiration! I just worry about taper looking bad, its not that my hair is at all thick, but the waves and curls make it fragile and it sometimes breaks (i think) causing taper that i have to cut, i really want a blunt hemline! Although, that taper and breakage probelm might be because i used to straighten with an iron 2 times every day for about 3 years...yeah do you think that it? Oh and btw, my hair inspiration is Holly Marie Combs (Piper from Charmed) I know she wears it straight and silky but i would not be suprised if her hair is 2b/2c or wavier because i have seen it take curl easily, i just wish my hair looked that good! maybe someday...:D

Diamond.Eyes
January 3rd, 2012, 03:25 PM
I know a few curly haired ladies with very long hair IRL, and I've seen many women with long, tight ringlets on the LHC as well. I have heard that curly hair can take a while to grow though, only because the curliness of the hair eats up any length that you produce.

Hollyfire3
January 3rd, 2012, 03:41 PM

YOU CAN DO IT!! ;)

I know a few curly haired ladies with very long hair IRL, and I've seen many women with long, tight ringlets on the LHC as well. I have heard that curly hair can take a while to grow though, only because the curliness of the hair eats up any length that you produce.

Yeah, that would make sense, then of course comes the urge to straighten it to show off length then you damage it...its a vicious cycle really lol